Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

Melvin- Admin

3 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@CosmoKramer Sweden was on this evening news not online websites where you can also buy coffee. 
But if you are keen on just believing online websites you can read the same information I saw on the Portuguese evening news also on the Financial Times or Reuters

https://www.ft.com/content/46733256-5a84-4429-89e0-8cce9d4095e4

https://www.google.pt/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22W2YC

Please don’t insult people calling them morons or other names as that is in fact a troll like behavior and we can all disagree and still behave in a civilized manner.

Fair enough, Ill try and refrain from name calling...but that’s a two way street.

By the way it’s not some strange online coffee website its a data driven site:

https://ncov2019.live/data

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

There’s no need to name call. We can discuss this in a civil manner, and we all learn something from seeing opposing views. It’s actually a good thing. 

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

Portugal has been praised by the New York Times and even Trump recently called our President congratulating him on our response that basically was a total shutdown just a 3 or 4 days after the first Covid-19 case was announced. 

Everything has started to open this Monday but people are not yet comfortable going inside closed outlets. 

Even simple folk with only primary school education are saying on TV interviews that they are aware the virus is not gone so until they get a vaccine they will wear masks and keep their distance in order to avoid catching it and passing it to someone else. 

Super proud right now to be Portuguese!

This image is of the Portuguese President at the supermarket yesterday respecting the distancing and with a mask getting his groceries. He refused a driver and to live at the Presential Palace because he likes his life at his local neighborhood and everyone likes having him around (not a photo op he’s like this always).

Humble, honest and caring folk, this is Portugal  🇵🇹

39CB51F9-6373-4D5F-BA84-B0C45A338E30.jpeg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Portugal has been praised by the New York Times and even Trump recently called our President congratulating him on our response that basically was a total shutdown just a 3 or 4 days after the first Covid-19 case was announced. 

Everything has started to open this Monday but people are not yet comfortable going inside closed outlets. 

Even simple folk with only primary school education are saying on TV interviews that they are aware the virus is not gone so until they get a vaccine they will wear masks and keep their distance in order to avoid catching it and passing it to someone else. 

This image is of the Portuguese President at the supermarket yesterday respecting the distancing and with a mask getting his groceries. He refused a driver and to live at the Presential Palace because he likes his life at his local neighborhood and everyone likes having him around (not a photo op he’s like this always).

This is what most countries are going through right now, most people are now educated about the virus, all you have to do is wear a mask and keep some distance from other people to keep yourself and others safe until they find the vaccine. Most countries are now opening up gradually and a lot of countries are opening their airport in June like Turkey, Italy etc I know there will be restrictions but it's really not the end of the world like some people make it seem to be. 

Leave it for the americans to turn everything into a political issue.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

This is what most countries are going through right now, most people are now educated about the virus, all you have to do is wear a mask and keep some distance from other people to keep yourself and others safe until they find the vaccine. Most countries are now opening up gradually and a lot of countries are opening their airport in June like Turkey, Italy etc I know there will be restrictions but it's really not the end of the world like some people make it seem to be. 

Well the ones extending the lockdown are politicians, the ones being affected are the working class. So yea it’s political. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Of course it’s going to be turned into a political issue...we have a major election in less than 6 months and both the left & right are using this as an opportunity to gain leverage...that doesn’t mean I agree with it, like I said, in a post prior, helping people and saving lives should be devoid of politics even if something may remotely help, it should be considered no matter whom it came from.

I think it’s very good how Portugal/Spain/Sweden and other European countries have handled it.with the obvious exception of Italy...but we have skyrocketed unemployment now due to the imposed destruction of the economy...do you not think this will affect Europe? If we hit another Great Depression do you think Americans will travel to Europe for business or vacations? Nope. Then what will happen to the tourism $$$ that many European countries depend on?...So, you can brush off what happens here economically and politically... but the repercussions will no doubt affect you or someone you know and care about.

In regards to the photo above, I think that good of him....I personally have not worn a mask when out in open air public when getting exercise with walks and hikes...but I do put it on when entering a business or shop...I do this to be respectful of the business and employees since I know they are in an enclosed location and in a tough and scary position both with constant fear from the media & the virus for themselves and it saddens me when I see young employees at the grocery store and elderly shoppers with the look of anxiety and fear frozen on their faces so if it helps to just ease their mind I have no issue with this policy...but once I walk out I remove the mask for my own health sake, oxygen is vital after all.

22 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well the ones extending the lockdown are politicians, the ones being affected are the working class. So yea it’s political. 

Exactly!

If all of a sudden the paychecks of the First responders stopped coming...and that of the state and local gov employees as well...the politicians would be running for the hills to their bunkers and things would be opened up real quick.

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

Every Portuguese person I have met in person has been super kind and extremely helpful. Can’t wait to visit your beautiful country one day

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Of course it’s going to be turned into a political issue...we have a major election in less than 6 months and both the left & right are using this as an opportunity to gain leverage...that doesn’t mean I agree with it, like I said, in a post prior, helping people and saving lives should be devoid of politics even if something may remotely help, it should be considered no matter whom it came from.

This is the sad truth, whether we like to admit it or not. The actions they are taking are to ensure their "team" wins and not what's good for the people. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is the sad truth, whether we like to admit it or not. The actions they are taking are to ensure their "team" wins and not what's good for the people. 

It’s always been that way and will always be...no way of avoiding it.

I think this will be my last post on this forum -- have scrambled my password and e-mail to make sure I'm not tempted to come back. Really can't deal with this place anymore and will be going the way of Spex and Mickey. Good luck everyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bismarck said:

I think this will be my last post on this forum -- have scrambled my password and e-mail to make sure I'm not tempted to come back. Really can't deal with this place anymore and will be going the way of Spex and Mickey. Good luck everyone.

Same it's turning into a toxic environment with political debates

• Sad 1

Stay back Bismarck , ur wisdom is appreciated .. but yeah I know what u mean .. that dude annoys me too , turned me off from the forum

also .. even the profile pic , looks like the dude is a dik. Ugly bald dude finally got some hair and act like he’s a know it all . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Theres a reason people say you should never talk Politics, Religion, and Money at the dinner table.

Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Guys, 

It seems you guys are turned off by the posts, I will move this to the off topic section, but remember you don’t have to click on the thread or even respond. 

Part of the reason why there’s such a divide is because people don’t want to engage in discussions. Now, name calling and being offensive is uncalled for, but discussing current events isn’t or at least shouldn’t be a problem. You can always uncheck the box at the bottom that says “notify me of replies” 

View my thread

• Moderators

I don't understand why people would want to leave the forum based on one or two threads that they don't like or due to one or two people posting who they don't agree with. The simple solution is to stop reading and posting on that thread and/or stop responding to the person you don't agree with if you get offended by anything they say to you. If you think that there is no possibility of anyone having any opinions that differ from yours than the problem is you and not them. If you get offended by a topic, but keep posting on the same topic then again the problem is you not someone else. Stop getting offended by everything. This goes for everyone. I'm not singling anyone out. If everyone would stop getting offended by someone elses opinion and stop calling each other names for no reason then there wouldn't be a problem. It always amazes me when the ones who get the most upset about how they are being treated are usually the ones doing the most name calling.

• Like 3

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

-Virus is here to stay

-It has screwed the entire world

-People have died

-Till vaccine is here, we are unsure and living with fear   

-Conspiracy or no conspiracy, it has affected us all negatively

Reality is, it has messed up every industry

Trump and others would not take a toxic drug as precaution to prevent it if it wasn’t as deadly as it seems.  That malaria drug can even blind you as a side effect amongst other things.

22 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I don't understand why people would want to leave the forum based on one or two threads that they don't like or due to one or two people posting who they don't agree with. The simple solution is to stop reading and posting on that thread and/or stop responding to the person you don't agree with if you get offended by anything they say to you. If you think that there is no possibility of anyone having any opinions that differ from yours than the problem is you and not them. If you get offended by a topic, but keep posting on the same topic then again the problem is you not someone else. Stop getting offended by everything. This goes for everyone. I'm not singling anyone out. If everyone would stop getting offended by someone elses opinion and stop calling each other names for no reason then there wouldn't be a problem. It always amazes me when the ones who get the most upset about how they are being treated are usually the ones doing the most name calling.

I agree. It’s sad how easily people get offended and also project upon others their own assumptions, then they hypocritically cry foul when checked. I’ve said from the get go on here I’m blunt and honest with my comments/opinions when someone ask for any, and it’s always been in the vein of sharing/being helpful/being positive not suger-coating things and and I try to keep it unbiased as possible ...after all what’s the point of living in a bubble where everyone agrees with you and all the answers are the same...that’s dull and boring and doesn’t help anyone, nor do we learn anything new. I’m guilty of the name-calling but only after it’s been initiated first, does it make it okay, probably not. My engagement on this thread came from worry that this whole situation would harm so many people panicked with fear, my concern for the consequences of, in my opinion, the overblown actions of some leaders that has lead to tens of thousands of preventable deaths, preventable panacea, preventable loss of 34 million & counting jobs, the destruction of small mom & pop business, the toll on desperate elderly, the lasting mental health consequences, the desecration of civil rights and liberties...and it just shocks me how some individuals just kept wanting wallow and cower in fear and panic and death and just accepting it and at times defending it. 

I have found many positives in all this carnage...the focus on who the Helpers are and what they really do for us and how they need to be recognized and not just in an “emergency”, the other thing, I’m happy to see people in the real world helping people, being charitable, showing concern for their neighbors and acting on it....it shows that no, government can’t save us and keep us safe...we do that collectively.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bismarck said:

I hope you stay and any ad hominem remarks are removed and doesn't happen again.

@Panamera13 I truly hope nobody leaves this forum because I believe HRN to be all about free speach thus we can all disagree and still behave in a civilized manner towards each other and respect everyone`s opinions while making our points.

Hairloss doesn`t target creed or religion so we are all on the same boat here and we should never forget that it was hairloss that brought us to this forum.

Having said that I do hope people stop resorting to insults to state their points because that is just bad form.

@bismarck I really like your posts regarding all subjects so I hope you willl keep me company at HRN.

@CosmoKramer even though we are on opposite sides of the world and see the world differently, I really value your opinions and insights on HT`s and hairloss so hope you can tone down the politics and tone up the great HT reviews and advices.

• Like 2