Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yup! There’s not much that I agree with with this president but I’m glad he’s suspended funding, Tedros is a puppet for Xi and the amount of praise and propaganda he spews at his updates are astounding, he and all of the WHO must be investigated. The UN as well, for that matter...they lost all credibility with me when they place countries to head committees on human rights, that commit some heinous acts against human rights. I’ve been to the UN several times and the elitist snobbery is hilarious.

I’m 100% with you, if it’s anything that we’ve learned, it’s that these so-called global organizations are completely corrupt. Here’s  proof that WHO are CCP puppets, pretty shameless. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

36 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m 100% with you, if it’s anything that we’ve learned, it’s that these so-called global organizations are completely corrupt. Here’s  proof that WHO are CCP puppets, pretty shameless. 

Yup. I’ve seen this..

There are people all around us dying from this pandemic yet many of us simply take the easy way out and say "I find this hard to believe of I just don't trust what the media is saying".

Instead, why not just get off your duffs and do the research yourself or is that too much to ask?

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The amount of people dying are not statistics. They are somebody's Father , mother , brother, sister,  Grandfather, Granmother,  Great Grandfather, Great grandmother ,Aunt ,Uncle. Friend and so on. 

Even with all the best measures in place its such a struggle to stay healthy for everyone, this virus is highly contagious. With all the health and safety measures in place it is saving hundreds of thousands of lives, this can be overlooked. These health and safety measures are savings literally hundreds of thousands of lives. 

Paddy

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gillenator said:

There are people all around us dying from this pandemic yet many of us simply take the easy way out and say "I find this hard to believe of I just don't trust what the media is saying".

Instead, why not just get off your duffs and do the research yourself or is that too much to ask?

I have...

And the reason the numbers the media are reporting are so high and shocking is because of 2 things. 

1. The vast amount of patients have died from complications from the use of the ventilators...80+%, young and especially old, as I previously stated, the combination of putting patients into medically induced comas while under pressurized ventilators in intubation is and has been a dangerous combination.

When this is all independently investigated, I predict you will see many hospital executives will be held accountable, civilly or criminally.

2. The fact that the CDC sent instructions to hospitals and doctors on protocols on how to classify infections and deaths from Covid 19 in their data sets, and those instructions are highly suspect as they are very broad as to include even “assumptions” based on possible third party contact without any verification...and many good doctors are starting to speak out about this as to why this is being done and why they are being forced to comply with these suspect protocols.

“New data on ventilator use in two of the hardest-hit locations, New York City and Wuhan, China, found that far more patients are dying than expected — despite attempts to save them with a ventilator.

Typically, 40 to 50 percent of patients with severe respiratory illness (other than COVID-19) will die on ventilators, the Associated Press reported. Yet so far, in New York City, 80 percent or more of the COVID-19 patients put on ventilators have died. And a small study of the patients on ventilators in Wuhan found that 86 percent had died. Numbers out of the U.K. are slightly more promising, with 66 percent dying.”

https://people.com/health/doctors-concerned-long-term-lung-damage-putting-coronavirus-patients-on-ventilators/

Edited by CosmoKramer

8 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

The amount of people dying are not statistics. They are somebody's Father , mother , brother, sister,  Grandfather, Granmother,  Great Grandfather, Great grandmother ,Aunt ,Uncle. Friend and so on. 

Even with all the best measures in place its such a struggle to stay healthy for everyone, this virus is highly contagious. With all the health and safety measures in place it is saving hundreds of thousands of lives, this can be overlooked. These health and safety measures are savings literally hundreds of thousands of lives. 

Paddy

Yes, I agree, it’s criminal how peoples loved ones have now become just a number and we have the CDC and the news media to thank for that.

The struggle to stay healthy is being impeded by these measures as well....being forced to stay inside for days/weeks/months along with the stress associated  has so many deterimental heath effects and importantly destroying the immune system which makes fighting any virus or infections complicated and counterproductive. Then you add the toll on mental health, loneliness, depression, substance abuse, starvation, suicide, crime, domestic violence and I guarantee you that the ramifications from those things are far more dangerous.

What’s the point of living in perpetual fear of catching a virus that seems to affect those of compromised immune systems and underlying condition ..when you have no money nor food and starve to death..

@CosmoKramer

I am a resident in a surgical field. You've made quite a few claims here. Please explain how you would like to manage the following: 

-management of hypoxia while avoiding intubation

-if you truly believe that this is a farce, please explain why 99% of everyone at my institution wears masks

PS - This stuff could definitely spread on food. There is a reason why nobody eats at the hospital cafeteria anymore unless you have to. 

56 minutes ago, vboteju said:

@CosmoKramer

I am a resident in a surgical field. You've made quite a few claims here. Please explain how you would like to manage the following: 

-management of hypoxia while avoiding intubation

-if you truly believe that this is a farce, please explain why 99% of everyone at my institution wears masks

PS - This stuff could definitely spread on food. There is a reason why nobody eats at the hospital cafeteria anymore unless you have to. 

1. Antiviral Medication, mega dose vit C IV

2. I never said it was a “farce”...I’ve said from the beginning that it looks to be an artificially produced bio weapon...and now even the fear mongering media is starting to report on it as they are looking ridiculous ignoring it.

3. If you think that this can “definitely spread on food” why are government officials and so-called professional experts like Fauci saying the opposite?

4. I’m not going to do someone’s research for them...if people care to know the truth and to why their being played for fools it’s up to them...otherwise as the people that place full trust in authorities with agendas along with having their heads in the sand will suffer sooner or later.

There are brave doctors and nurses that are ignoring their hospital executive bosses censorship and muzzling and speaking out..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bp5RMutCNoI

• Moderators
13 hours ago, gillenator said:

From Worldometers

154,827 - Deaths from Coronavirus

144,242 - Seasonal flu deaths this year
290,865 - Malaria deaths this year
741,660 - Deaths caused by alcohol this year
1,482,384 - Deaths caused by smoking this year
12,605,482 - Abortions this year

So far coronavirus deaths are not much more than the flu and are nowhere near malaria, alcohol, and smoking. I live in NJ. We have been on lockdown for over a month now. Only essential services are open. You can't go out without a mask. But this is from only one year from coronavirus. The flu, malaria, smoking, alcohol, etc happen every year. Why don't we shut down all businesses every year due to those? Or at least shut down liquor sales and cigarette sales. Aren't they causing more deaths?

All schools in NJ are closed, but they are actually open for parents to take their kids to school to get free breakfast and lunch every day (Monday to Friday). How does that make any sense? The government closes the school and says stay home.... but go ahead and go out. Not only are just the kids going to school, but the parents are going too because there are no buses, so the parents have to drive them there. Supposedly it's OK because they are not getting out of the car and are just being handed meals, but it only takes one person to pass it to a worker who will then pass it to everyone else who shows up or if the worker is the one who has it from the start of the day it could be even worse. Then of course since the parents had to get up and get dressed and get the kids dressed do you think they are only going to drive to the school and drive right back home? No. Then they start thinking of what they can pick up on the way home since they are already out. Let's stop here for some milk and bread, I'll go put some gas in the car, it might be a nice day to do some yard work, so let's go get some weed killer and grass seed, etc, etc. How does this make any sense?

On top of that, alcohol is considered essential, so all the liquor stores are open and they have lines outside of people waiting to get in and alcohol sales have doubled.... but alcohol related deaths are more than 4 times the amount of coronavirus deaths... and the alcohol deaths happen every year. Why isn't THAT a reason to shut down liquor stores!?? Aren't there going to be many more alcoholic related issues for 20 or 30 years down the road because of this by turning casual drinkers into alcoholics who sit home and get drunk all day because they hav nothing else to do since you put them out of work?

I'm not saying the coronavirus is nothing, but I don't understand how shutting down business all over is somehow good for us. It's looking like my company may be closed until next year. Take a guess why. It's because not enough people have gotten the virus to have any immunity to it, so we will be closed until enough people have been infected. What!? The reason not enough people got infected is because everyone is told to stay home an wear masks. If nothing was shut down, we'd have more immunity now. The entire thing does not make any sense.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

9 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

1. Antiviral Medication, mega dose vit C IV

2. I never said it was a “farce”...I’ve said from the beginning that it looks to be an artificially produced bio weapon...and now even the fear mongering media is starting to report on it as they are looking ridiculous ignoring it.

3. If you think that this can “definitely spread on food” why are government officials and so-called professional experts like Fauci saying the opposite?

4. I’m not going to do someone’s research for them...if people care to know the truth and to why their being played for fools it’s up to them...otherwise as the people that place full trust in authorities with agendas along with having their heads in the sand will suffer sooner or later.

There are brave doctors and nurses that are ignoring their hospital executive bosses censorship and muzzling and speaking out..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bp5RMutCNoI

If someone is acutely hypoxic you will wait for them to desat as you start an antiviral? What antiviral works for coronavirus? 

This stuff spreads via respiratory droplets. If the person who prepares your food has it..there is a chance it will spread. 

That video says nothing about not intubating. All it says that there should be a shift in clinical criteria to make the determination to intubate. 

As for the question the thread title is asking....I was scheduled for a transplant in March that was postponed until the summer. If the lockdown lasts for months, people are gonna be starved to jump back into a social life, and the thought of following up a quarantine with holing up for months during the ugly duckling phase is kind of depressing (I know you don't have to lay low after a transplant, but it's always been ideal.) Not to mention the transplant costs and priorities changing in general. So I'm thinking demand may decrease a good amount even when these clinics open up for surgery once again.

Man, that would've sucked waiting a year or two for someone like Konior or Couto and then this happens.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BD99 said:

So I'm thinking demand may decrease a good amount even when these clinics open up for surgery once again.

I don't know. I kind of think they may get pretty backed up since everyone had to be postponed. Even if some people back out they still have several months worth of postponed transplants to catch up on. Nobody can really say what's going to happen though and since every place around the world will be opening at different times there could be some people cancelling the postponed surgery to get in at another clinic that has opened. We shall see as time goes by.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 hours ago, vboteju said:

If someone is acutely hypoxic you will wait for them to desat as you start an antiviral? What antiviral works for coronavirus? 

This stuff spreads via respiratory droplets. If the person who prepares your food has it..there is a chance it will spread. 

That video says nothing about not intubating. All it says that there should be a shift in clinical criteria to make the determination to intubate. 

Go research Dr Linus Pauling and educate yourself on the power of Vitamin C...the power and importance of Vitamin D, and especially Zinc in destroying viral replication.

Now that everyone is being forced and brainwashed to stay home for weeks and months and sedentary, they are greatly compromising their immune system, anyone that says otherwise is an idiot.

Along with that, despite what Big Pharma is propagating, chloroquine/hydrixychloroquine in combination with Zinc is effective but it’s cheap and off patent and that won’t be profitable to Big Pharma and Bill Gates as the they push their “treatments”. 

Also:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

The video is doctors speaking out that the medical community has made a major critical mistake in using ventilators for this virus, as it’s done more harm than good. There will be great repercussions for the hospital executives and decision makers down the road.

14 hours ago, BeHappy said:

From Worldometers

154,827 - Deaths from Coronavirus

144,242 - Seasonal flu deaths this year
290,865 - Malaria deaths this year
741,660 - Deaths caused by alcohol this year
1,482,384 - Deaths caused by smoking this year
12,605,482 - Abortions this year

So far coronavirus deaths are not much more than the flu and are nowhere near malaria, alcohol, and smoking. I live in NJ. We have been on lockdown for over a month now. Only essential services are open. You can't go out without a mask. But this is from only one year from coronavirus. The flu, malaria, smoking, alcohol, etc happen every year. Why don't we shut down all businesses every year due to those? Or at least shut down liquor sales and cigarette sales. Aren't they causing more deaths?

All schools in NJ are closed, but they are actually open for parents to take their kids to school to get free breakfast and lunch every day (Monday to Friday). How does that make any sense? The government closes the school and says stay home.... but go ahead and go out. Not only are just the kids going to school, but the parents are going too because there are no buses, so the parents have to drive them there. Supposedly it's OK because they are not getting out of the car and are just being handed meals, but it only takes one person to pass it to a worker who will then pass it to everyone else who shows up or if the worker is the one who has it from the start of the day it could be even worse. Then of course since the parents had to get up and get dressed and get the kids dressed do you think they are only going to drive to the school and drive right back home? No. Then they start thinking of what they can pick up on the way home since they are already out. Let's stop here for some milk and bread, I'll go put some gas in the car, it might be a nice day to do some yard work, so let's go get some weed killer and grass seed, etc, etc. How does this make any sense?

On top of that, alcohol is considered essential, so all the liquor stores are open and they have lines outside of people waiting to get in and alcohol sales have doubled.... but alcohol related deaths are more than 4 times the amount of coronavirus deaths... and the alcohol deaths happen every year. Why isn't THAT a reason to shut down liquor stores!?? Aren't there going to be many more alcoholic related issues for 20 or 30 years down the road because of this by turning casual drinkers into alcoholics who sit home and get drunk all day because they hav nothing else to do since you put them out of work?

I'm not saying the coronavirus is nothing, but I don't understand how shutting down business all over is somehow good for us. It's looking like my company may be closed until next year. Take a guess why. It's because not enough people have gotten the virus to have any immunity to it, so we will be closed until enough people have been infected. What!? The reason not enough people got infected is because everyone is told to stay home an wear masks. If nothing was shut down, we'd have more immunity now. The entire thing does not make any sense.

I agree!

In Areas, where the spreading wasn't stopped early enough, the death rates are frightening. In most parts of the world the lockdown prevented situations as in New York or Italy. See this article for New York https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/10/upshot/coronavirus-deaths-new-york-city.html

In Northern Italy there are Cities, where the death rate in March 2020 is 6 or 7 times higher than in March 2019, 2018... this is not comparable to influenza at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Taking a break from taking care of COVID patients to go back through this thread and reading for some amusement.

Dear lord CosmoKramer is a moron. Complete utter moron.

r/agedlikecheese

Edited by bismarck
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hospitals in California are empty, some hospitals have begun to lay off their workers. Practically every hospital in California is half empty. I still feel this all was a gross overreaction, which we will feel for a long time after this is all over. 

https://signalscv.com/2020/04/henry-mayo-begins-staff-reductions-citing-low-hospital-visits/

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, bismarck said:

Taking a break from taking care of COVID patients to go back through this thread and reading for some amusement.

Dear lord CosmoKramer is a moron. Complete utter moron.

r/agedlikecheese

I’m the “moron”...you’re an imbecile troll.

I said from the beginning this was likely a man-made virus in a lab in Wuhan...and look at that...that’s now being reported as fact with even the NIH being forced to admit they funded the “research”...

I said that there will be mass food shortages and unemployment...all true now

I said how the cdc has sent hospitals and doctors memos to include “assumptions” of covid19 on death certificates...now true and fact and the cooked booked data being looked at and being brought to light by brave medical professionals questioning the idiocy.

I said how it wasn’t as deadly and that people are gaining immunity without symptoms...Sweden has proven that.

Cognative dissonance is a mental disorder... you really should seek some mental help. Moron.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hospitals in California are empty, some hospitals have begun to lay off their workers. Practically every hospital in California is half empty. I still feel this all was a gross overreaction, which we will feel for a long time after this is all over. 

https://signalscv.com/2020/04/henry-mayo-begins-staff-reductions-citing-low-hospital-visits/

Exactly.

The Mayo Clinic is furloughing 30,000 employees, and I’m seeing more and more tv ads from hospitals advertising their services...all due to a lack of patients.

Not only that, the Governor of my state is under fire for forcing nursing homes to take in sick infected patients from hospitals and shuttled them around, not giving nursing homes ppe and other protections for the elderly and staff, further spreading the virus and killing 5,000 elderly, oh, and he ignored calls to send the sick to the 2,700 bed mostly empty NY Javits Center and USS Comfort, this is going to be a huge criminal scandal.

All just crazy unnecessary death and destruction.

• Moderators

Why are Walmart and Target allowed to stay open selling clothes, shoes, small appliances, lawn and garden equipment, etc while all other stores selling those items must close? If it was really necessary to shut businesses down so people would stay home then wouldn't they be closing Walmart and Target and only allowing actual grocery stores to stay open? Or at least close off all sections of the store that includes non food and related items? If you are going to respond that they are open because they sell food then why can't all stores open up a food area in an aisle or two and stay open? Now states want to start reopening, but they have many more new cases daily now then when they first shut down, so if it's OK to open now with say 200 new cases per day then why was it necessary to close when there were only 20 new cases per day? . None of this makes any sense at all.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hospitals in California are empty, some hospitals have begun to lay off their workers. Practically every hospital in California is half empty.

This is true. I have an ex girlfriend who is a critical care nurse who works in both Los Angeles and San Francisco. She drives 5 hours back and forth every week to work several days at one location and then several days at the other. Anyway, she has been telling me the past few weeks that both places keep calling her and telling her not to come in because they don't need her. She is working less now then she did before the pandemic and she says they've been told layoffs may be coming soon.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)