Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

There has been a lot of talk lately about this global pandemic, how much of an impact will this have on the hair transplant industry? What do you guys think?

According to the CDC FAQ, most viruses do not spread easily on airplanes- because of how the plane filters the air. The CDC has stated that the risk is relatively low.

Will The Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes likely to affect the industry in the coming months, as it will with much of the service industry in many countries. If Turkey, spain, belgium etc. were to get hit like Italy has, of course there will be lockdowns, cancellations and suspended flights. May be safer for people to postpone bookings for a couple of months to be safe with their deposits. 

My opinion anyway. 

• Administrators

I wonder if this would actually deter some guys from going to these low-cost FUE hair mills, and maybe save them in the long run.  

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yes definitely specifically with new travel restrictions and quarantine regulations 

For example india has suspended all visa for foreign nationals. So many of International clinics will face cancellations. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Taurus75 said:

Yes definitely specifically with new travel restrictions and quarantine regulations 

For example india has suspended all visa for foreign nationals. So many of International clinics will face cancellations. 

Really, so you mean no one can leave India, or no one can enter?

View my thread

A lot of countries are stopping flights now and closing down everything and things are getting worse by the minute it's very bad in Europe, middle east and countries like Iran and China.. But some people are still saying ''it's just a flu'' and saying it's just hype.. a week or two from now things could get uglier if they can't find a cure for this..

• Administrators

It’s serious, but there’s definitely fear mongering and hysteria going on. The CDC called a global pandemic for the swine flu back in 2009, and I haven’t seen a flavor of the week disappear so fast since the last American idol.

View my thread

• Administrators

Well it’s only for certain countries, those from the UK and North America are okay to travel to India.

View my thread

42 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well it’s only for certain countries, those from the UK and North America are okay to travel to India.

No all tourist visa has been suspended. 

Also Trump halted travel from europe to US 

https://m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/all-tourist-visas-suspends-till-april-15th-to-prevent-coronavirus-spread-govt/articleshow/74582547.cms

BBC News - Coronavirus: Trump halts travel from Europe to US
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51846923

Edited by Taurus75

All Indian visas are cancelled for those who have not left their port of departure from 12.00 noon GMT tomorrow, (Friday 13th March).

Until 15th April 2020, but this date is open to change too.

I live in Portugal and we just got the first Covid-19 patient last week after seeing on the news the hardship many countries are enduring due to with this outbreak. 

Despite the whole country being on Red Alert to the care we must take and having seen what happened in Italy and China, today only 7 days later, we have almost 100 cases and unofficial numbers are said to be much higher because the laboratory doing the tests is not prepared to do hundreds or thousands of tests per day so we are getting new confirmations slowly every hour as the virus continues to spread. 

Several Doctors in my close group of friends are telling me that they got scared when looking at recent CT Scans showing just how aggressive this new strain of the COVID-19 really is and what scared them the most is that is spreading like wildfire and governments are taking too long to finally decide on a nationwide public services and borders shutdown like Italy has just enforced. 

Myself and almost every other parent with kids in Portuguese private schools just got a email last night saying that schools are now closed.

Justice courts have shutdown today and hopefully other public services will also be closing to hault the widespread of this virus.  

Hospitals are not prepared for the insane number of infected patients coming in every day so many won’t have a bed nor medical supplies nor machines for respiratory support to aid in recovery. Therefore, many people will actually die from the inability of hospitals to treat them.

If any of you think this is a hype or can be compared with any SARS, Zika or any other virus that never really traveled very far from it´s point of origin then you are greatly mistaken as this is spreading like wildfire and will cause respiratory infections on a high percentage of infected patients so if the hospitals are unable to treat the infected patients the risk of death will be very high.

Today I got to work and found that our CEO has COVID-19. 

COVID-19 will be reaching our family our friends our colleagues and ourselves if drastic mesures are not enforced!

US finally opened its eyes and decided to close its border but only to Europe so obviously it won`t be enough because this virus is not only in Europe and will continue to spread amongst the population until public services are shutdown and people stay indoors for the duration of the incubation period which is 14-20 days.

Doctors here in Portugal are being forced to take ventilators from operating rooms because no hospital is prepared for the influx of Covid-19 patients. There is a triage in effect at Hospitals due to lack of equipment, medicine and beds so older patients will not be getting proper care because the priority is children and young adults.

Stay safe people and isolate yourselves from your elderly friends and family.

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

This is definitely the most mass panic and hysteria I’ve seen, but it’s also the most infectious of disease I’ve seen. Athletes and actors already have it. Definitely worrying, but if we’re looking at facts. The vast majority of those infected have mild symptoms.

According to reports, the seasonal flu is a lot worse on children. Apparently, children get no symptoms from this new strain. My biggest take away isn’t the deadliness, it’s the ability to spread massively. 

View my thread

15 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is definitely the most mass panic anf hysteria I’ve seen, but it’s also the most infectious of disease I’ve seen. Athletes and actors already have it. Definitely worrying, but if we’re looking at facts. The vast majority of those infected have mild symptoms.

According to reports, the seasonal flu is a lot worse on children. Apparently, children get no symptoms from this new strain. My biggest take away isn’t the deadliness, it’s the ability to spread massively. 

@Melvin-Moderator I will quote my best friend who is a a Nose Ears and Throat Doctor treating this virus at public hospital in reply to the comment you posted because I friend of ours said almost the exact same thing:

"Yes people die from more often from other infectious diseases but what`s happening is that we are not prepared to accomodate all of these people that keep coming in with serious respiratory infections, we don`t have enough ventilators for all this people! The operating rooms will have to stop functioning so that we can use the ventilators in the operating rooms and this is already happening in Italy with very serious consequences. This virus is no to be dismissed or compared to the common flu like some people stupidly said. Keep your distance from other people, wash your hands regularly and have lunch alone without colleagues".

This is what Doctors are saying and I rather take the word of someone fighting this virus on the frontline over any newspaper, government or social media.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

The Portuguese Government just announced that all schools public or private must shutdown on monday.

Everyone is asking our government to shutdown our borders along with all non-essential public services. 

Hard to understand how anyone would ever consider traveling anywhere for HT at this time. 

29 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

The Portuguese Government just announced that all schools public or private must shutdown on monday.

Everyone is asking our government to shutdown our borders along with all non-essential public services. 

Hard to understand how anyone would ever consider traveling anywhere for HT at this time. 

Most countries are doing the same things, yes there is no way I would consider traveling right now, unless the virus goes away next month like some doctors said, if the virus goes away in the heat then good otherwise this will get worse unfortunately, hopefully the virus goes away when it gets hot outside or they find a vaccine or something that cures it..

• Administrators

If history is any indicator there’ll be a vaccine soon. I work for a major healthcare provider in the states, and they’re already doing testing for a vaccine. The H1N1 vaccine happened quickly, now of course you’re gonna have conspiracy theorists who say these vaccines are worse. But I’ll be getting one asap.

View my thread

The US government said there won’t be a vaccine until 1 to 1.5 years later .. they are expecting almost everyone to catch it. It’s only a matter of time , they are just trying to not get everyone sick all at once , the hospitals won’t be able to handle it .. 

I think it’s a good time to ask for discounts if u have an appointment scheduled . U r taking a big risk.. all those hands on u for hours . 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

The US government said there won’t be a vaccine until 1 to 1.5 years later .. they are expecting almost everyone to catch it. It’s only a matter of time , they are just trying to not get everyone sick all at once , the hospitals won’t be able to handle it .. 

I think it’s a good time to ask for discounts if u have an appointment scheduled . U r taking a big risk.. all those hands on u for hours . 

I work for a popular healthcare provider I'm positive you have heard of, they're especially popular in California, they have already started trials. I highly doubt it's going to take 1 year to get a vaccination. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/human-trials-testing-coronavirus-vaccine-could-begin-within-a-few-weeks.html

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I work for a popular healthcare provider I'm positive you have heard of, they're especially popular in California, they have already started trials. I highly doubt it's going to take 1 year to get a vaccination. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/human-trials-testing-coronavirus-vaccine-could-begin-within-a-few-weeks.html

Trials take a while, even if they find something they have to test if first, after the testing is done they make the vaccine and release it, it will take a while but my bet is that the virus will go away when it gets hotter outside, maybe next month, otherwise every country has to close down it's border and shutdown to contain the virus like China did otherwise it will keep spreading and there is not stopping..

• Administrators

Mikel Arteta just tested positive wtf he’s in England, I thought the UK was doing better than most of Europe.

View my thread

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is definitely the most mass panic and hysteria I’ve seen, but it’s also the most infectious of disease I’ve seen. Athletes and actors already have it. Definitely worrying, but if we’re looking at facts. The vast majority of those infected have mild symptoms.

Until I see the super wealthy and their family members as wells as all these panacea-paced politicians or their family dropping dead, then I’ll be more concerned (and yes, I’m aware some celebrities and politicians are possibly infected, but until I see their funerals, I’ll take each day as it comes).

45736DA6-6A84-4E83-B074-9D0892B61B50.jpeg

Edited by CosmoKramer