Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

Melvin- Admin

Trump finally just acknowledged the death count to projected at 240k in a best case scenario. That's twice the number of Americans that died in World War I and the number of soldiers that died in World War II. Without extending the shutdown, we are looking at 1.5 to 2.2 million, which would be the greatest disaster the United States has ever faced. Period.

So 2% should be taken the fuck seriously.

I think it's pretty irresponsible to refer to this as the flu or fear mongering, as some in this thread have been suggesting. Even the title of this thread seems absurd at this point. There is not going to be a hair transplant industry for most of 2020. And certainly no meaningful new research or procedural development for 5-10 years after if the depression happens.

Edited by bismarck
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I think it's a 50:50 chance that plaquenil will work as a meaningful ionophore, I suspect those results are apocryphal. Hopefully not. 

But make no mistake, there will be another pandemic after this one. Whether it's COVID 20 in the fall or another zoonotic crossover. These infections are becoming more frequent and more deadly with China's increasing population, urbanization, and their absurd love of wet markets. They literally have already opened the markets back up and kicked out the journalists.

If they don't fix it, we will have to enact a long term travel ban on China. It is a troubled country with little to no business ethics at the cost of human lives and individuality. You could see this with Tiananmen Square, Mao Ze Dong, Chiang Kai Shek, the warring states, it has been going on for thousands of years. We are not going to stop it with tariffs and UN sanctions.  A travel ban will be the only solution, which will certainly destabilize world peace efforts. Unfortunately, the Chinese are giving us no other choice. If we do not isolate them, we will degenerate into a broken shell of our former selves. Hantavirus, SARS, COVID 20, each wave will make us progressively weaker till we finally can't fight back.

People are not talking about it because it's not politically correct, but the Chinese have got to evolve their shitty dietary practices. It's a strange combination of a rural country background with the most rapid urbanization the world has ever seen. The perfect storm.

Edited by bismarck
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hospital executives and brass know what’s  important above all else...$$$$$$

https://fortune.com/2020/03/31/coronavirus-shortages-hospitals-doctors-fired-face-masks-ppe/

Yeah but if we were in China we'd be put in jail or killed for speaking out against the government. At what point does "concealing the truth to avoid panic" become "lying to lead people to the slaughter"? Hospitals are disgusting right now. Avoid unless very sick.

The heroism and tragedy of Li Wen Liang makes me so mad. We have got to get it the fuck together.

Edited by bismarck

2 hours ago, bismarck said:

I think it's a 50:50 chance that plaquenil will work as a meaningful ionophore, I suspect those results are apocryphal. Hopefully not. 

But make no mistake, there will be another pandemic after this one. Whether it's COVID 20 in the fall or another zoonotic crossover. These infections are becoming more frequent and more deadly with China's increasing population, urbanization, and their absurd love of wet markets. They literally have already opened the markets back up and kicked out the journalists.

If they don't fix it, we will have to enact a long term travel ban on China. It is a troubled country with little to no business ethics at the cost of human lives and individuality. You could see this with Tiananmen Square, Mao Ze Dong, Chiang Kai Shek, the warring states, it has been going on for thousands of years. We are not going to stop it with tariffs and UN sanctions.  A travel ban will be the only solution, which will certainly destabilize world peace efforts. Unfortunately, the Chinese are giving us no other choice. If we do not isolate them, we will degenerate into a broken shell of our former selves. Hantavirus, SARS, COVID 20, each wave will make us progressively weaker till we finally can't fight back.

People are not talking about it because it's not politically correct, but the Chinese have got to evolve their shitty dietary practices. It's a strange combination of a rural country background with the most rapid urbanization the world has ever seen. The perfect storm.

It honestly makes me upset watching videos that portray life in China becoming normal again. Imo China should be scrambling to manufacture medical supplies to help other countries and flooding the world in aid $. This is a direct result of fucked up dietary customs and no control or oversight of these “wet markets.” 

25 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

It honestly makes me upset watching videos that portray life in China becoming normal again. Imo China should be scrambling to manufacture medical supplies to help other countries and flooding the world in aid $. This is a direct result of fucked up dietary customs and no control or oversight of these “wet markets.” 

China is helping Italy, has sent doctors and medical supplies.

1 hour ago, Egy said:

China is helping Italy, has sent doctors and medical supplies.

Fair enough but what about Spain? Iran? United States? Etc etc. China is a manufacturing powerhouse. There should be ventilators, ppe, etc pouring out of the country right now as well as tons in aid. Instead, as bis pointed out, wet markets r reopened and still not regulated as they should be. What’s next to come out of China and when is my question.

• Administrators

the first reported case was in November, but the border wasn’t closed until January. It takes 14 days for the virus to incubate. So what’s changed besides testing?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The CDC is purposefully informing heathcare providers to log deaths even if its from any underlying existing conditions AND if it’s just “assumed” a person has the virus....no test needed no lung scan needed no autopsy confirmation necessary....but let’s all trust in them and their “data”....yeah, okay.

Inflating stats increases the panacea no f@cking doubt....

"It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death."

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-1-Guidance-for-Certifying-COVID-19-Deaths.pdf"

36 minutes ago, 911fan said:

China is trying to capitalize on their f*ck up by twisting the narrative.. The help to Italy was to gain a foothold so that their new Silk Road project can move forward. Problem is, a large percentage of the supplies they sent are faulty. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52092395

And they're not donating the supplies to other European countries. They're selling them, and much of it is defective.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-money-coronavirus-spain-467-million-faulty-supplies

Never forget, the Chinese government is responsible for all of this. No one else. 

And some members here attacked my comments on China’s sending people and supplies to Italy and others to “help” a couple weeks ago, just trusting their agenda was of pure good will....and the politicians and media praising China’s strong-armed tactics of dragging people off the streets and into vans and welding homes shut etc ...and making their doctors and researchers whom were speaking out originally, magically “disappear”.

And the media keeps sticking to the story that this is a result of just some guy eating a bat...and NOT the biolab that’s in close proximity to the wet market (still, wet markets should be banned IMHO) or the fact that the FBI has previously intercepted agents of China attempting to enter the US with viles of substances....but hey, it’s just a bat.

Edited by CosmoKramer

54 minutes ago, 911fan said:

China is trying to capitalize on their f*ck up by twisting the narrative.. The help to Italy was to gain a foothold so that their new Silk Road project can move forward. Problem is, a large percentage of the supplies they sent are faulty. 

And they're not donating the supplies to other European countries. They're selling them, and much of it is defective.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-money-coronavirus-spain-467-million-faulty-supplies

Never forget, the Chinese government is responsible for all of this. No one else. 

It’s hard to believe there are people out there that gravitate to the notion of China sending supplies to Europe (which as you mention are paid for) as an indicator of their governmental goodwill, but ignore the fact that they were aware of the disease for over a month and a half, still reported to the World Health Organisation in mid Jan through Chinese doctors that the disease was likely not able to spread from human to human and kept their borders open to hide the existence of the disease.

Borderline genocidal, of course this isn’t the fault of the Chinese people but it is of their government, supply chains and most especially those for essential medical tech and live saving drugs should be moved away from China despite short term costs. Not to mention a recent threat in Chinese government owned media threatening to let American’s die through by blocking the exportation of life saving drugs due to Anti-Chinese government rhetoric.

Whether or not it is from a lab who knows, but the first known cases never set foot in the talked about fish market and there is ample evidence suggesting it was at least a possibility. Including Chinese government releasing new guidelines and emphasizing intention for improving their lab bio-security. 

28 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

It’s hard to believe there are people out there that gravitate to the notion of China sending supplies to Europe (which as you mention are paid for) as an indicator of their governmental goodwill, but ignore the fact that they were aware of the disease for over a month and a half, still reported to the World Health Organisation in mid Jan through Chinese doctors that the disease was likely not able to spread from human to human and kept their borders open to hide the existence of the disease.

Borderline genocidal, of course this isn’t the fault of the Chinese people but it is of their government, supply chains and most especially those for essential medical tech and live saving drugs should be moved away from China despite short term costs. Not to mention a recent threat in Chinese government owned media threatening to let American’s die through by blocking the exportation of life saving drugs due to Anti-Chinese government rhetoric.

Whether or not it is from a lab who knows, but the first known cases never set foot in the talked about fish market and there is ample evidence suggesting it was at least a possibility. Including Chinese government releasing new guidelines and emphasizing intention for improving their lab bio-security. 

I agree, the fault and blame starts with the Chinese leaders, as well as the blame across the board for governments and big businesses outsourcing almost all manufacturing to China to gain as much profit as possible so the CEO’s could gain their $10-15-20 million bonuses. My criticism is of the leaders and I hate seeing news stories of innocent Asian Americans & immigrants here in the US getting attacked just for fears sake.

Ive recently read that the reason there is such devastation in Northern Italy is due to the huge amount of cheap Chinese labor imported in to the garment district and fashion house producing clothes made in Italy but by Chinese laborers...whom traved back and forth and likely exposed many unaware they were infected.

Im no fan of Trump, but one thing I agree with him on is that here in the US, vital industries should be here and not dependent on cheap overseas labor, any those that do should be punished...but that’s him talking with one side of his mouth while with the other side of his mouth he shipped tons of American made medical supplies to China and he handed corporations $1.8 trillion in tax cuts in 2018-2019 with free reign to do as they wish with the cash. Maybe people will open their eyes that some vital things need to stay at home.

Edited by CosmoKramer

4 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

So, who here had their procedure postponed?

What clinics closed down and which ones are up and running?

I'm curious about this as well. According to the Spanish forums, Couto, Freitas and Lorenzo are on hold.

13 hours ago, 911fan said:

Asymptomatic, highly infective with a bimodal infection rate and increased genetic susceptibility in non Asians. What a viral engineering job by that pangolin. Still, I imagine if Columbus had stumbled in to North America today, the Native Americans would have similarly bewildering thoughts about measles, smallpox and syphilis.

I do hope most clinics have done the responsible thing and shut down operations until at least summer.

Edited by bismarck

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

So, who here had their procedure postponed?

What clinics closed down and which ones are up and running?

We have all the updates on our recommended list, they are constantly changing, recently it appears that Dr. Path, has been told to shutdown.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I truly hope this will not mean a shutdown!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 3/31/2020 at 3:39 PM, duchaine said:

That Chinese research is based in false datas.

the mortality rate ia about 8% at the moment.

consider that a lot of people die by coronavirus but nobody knows because the virus is not detected in everybody.

Well, I agree that the data from China is not a valuable source.

Your number is way to high and I have seen no data to back you claims up.

Also you logic is flawed IMO. Yes, some people might die and the virus is undetected.  But much more people are infected, survive without symptoms and are never tested. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Well, I agree that the data from China is not a valuable source.

Your number is way to high and I have seen no data to back you claims up.

Also you logic is flawed IMO. Yes, some people might die and the virus is undetected.  But much more people are infected, survive without symptoms and are never tested. 

People fail to recognize that there is a huge financial benefit to keeping the public in fear. The media is seeing a huge surge in views and numbers, that’s why they print stuff like “200k people will die of coronavirus” instead of “200k people have survived coronavirus” the virus is dangerous to some in the population no doubt, and it’s the morally right thing to quarantine right now, but let’s not pretend it’s as deadly as ebola or the measles. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

People fail to recognize that there is a huge financial benefit to keeping the public in fear. The media is seeing a huge surge in views and numbers, that’s why they print stuff like “200k people will die of coronavirus” instead of “200k people have survived coronavirus” the virus is dangerous to some in the population no doubt, and it’s the morally right thing to quarantine right now, but let’s not pretend it’s as deadly as ebola or the measles. 

All of the “professionals” got the numbers tragectory wrong...even Fauci, 10-days ago he was saying the sky was falling and there would be 240,000 deaths now he’s saying 60,000 deaths. Gates foundation predicted 73,000 hospital beds needed in NYC...only 16,000 is the fact and the Naval ship Trump sent and the 2,500 beds the put in the Javitz Center are basically empty....but the “news” is non-stop gloom and doom footage on a loop.

The politicians will pat themselves on the back for lockdowns and shelter-in-place and social distancing they enacted and claim that is why there are not as many deaths as predicted but that’s their spin...rather than healthy people fairing well which is the great majority. I’ve been out to parks and grocery shopping and see plenty of people, keeping mindful of each other’s closeness but the propagated hysteria is dying down, unfortunately it seems to late for 16 million jobs and millions of small businesses.

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

All of the “professionals” got the numbers tragectory wrong...even Fauci, 10-days ago he was saying the sky was falling and there would be 240,000 deaths now he’s saying 60,000 deaths. Gates foundation predicted 73,000 hospital beds needed in NYC...only 16,000 is the fact and the Naval ship Trump sent and the 2,500 beds the put in the Javitz Center are basically empty....but the “news” is non-stop gloom and doom footage on a loop.

The politicians will pat themselves on the back for lockdowns and shelter-in-place and social distancing they enacted and claim that is why there are not as many deaths as predicted but that’s their spin...rather than healthy people fairing well which is the great majority. I’ve been out to parks and grocery shopping and see plenty of people, keeping mindful of each other’s closeness but the propagated hysteria is dying down, unfortunately it seems to late for 16 million jobs and millions of small businesses.

My thoughts exactly, a week ago it was 200k people will die, now it’s more like 60k. The numbers come out of thin air, we should ask ourselves how are they coming up with these numbers, what validates these so-called predictions. You live in NYC the so-called epicenter of the virus. How’s life changed, is it really doom and gloom as the media portrays?

View my thread

15 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

My thoughts exactly, a week ago it was 200k people will die, now it’s more like 60k. The numbers come out of thin air, we should ask ourselves how are they coming up with these numbers, what validates these so-called predictions. You live in NYC the so-called epicenter of the virus. How’s life changed, is it really doom and gloom as the media portrays?

The thing is...i posted here on this thread that the CDC guidelines for hospitals and heathcare workers to utilize in that they state that even if a person died of an underlying condition aggravated by the virus then the death should be counted and logged as it was directly from the virus...and that even if healthcare workers just “assume” someone had the virus and passed away they are to be counted as virus fact...and did everyone one of those that died get the conclusive test that they were infected? Doubtful...and this is the CDC that we should put complete trust in?!? 

Yeah here at the so-called “epicenter” it just feels boring, I see people out at the park out walking their dogs, with their kids, runners, grocery shoppers, it’s strangely peaceful (I barely hear any ambulance or emergency sirens), it’s seems that people haven’t felt the emotional brunt yet of knowing they may have lost their job permanently and that small business owners are not getting their promised funds, as if was all a lie to them. 

All that said, I’m optimistic things will start opening up again soon, and life will start a slow roll to normalcy and that the panacea was not as warranted as I had expected weekes ago.

Edited by CosmoKramer