Finally did it !! 3112 grafts- Eugenix, New Delhi, India(NO FINASTERIDE)

4 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

20200811_052405.thumb.jpg.1dcd0e6f5e717b0cc0f80255fb6d707e.jpg

Attached are my pictures from the 7th to 8th month. The density was very poor compared to the others at that time. But even my growth was delayed. It is subjective from person to person. In fact, even the redness took at least 2 to  months to disappear in my case. Whereas with Anil and Abhinay, they had like super dense growth by the 4th to 6th month.

Please don't worry. It will definitely grow dense in the coming months. I saw a satisfactory density by the 14th month.

I appreciate your feedback Nelson but I hope you can understand where I am coming from. Your growth at this stage was much better and I have some genuine concerns which I want to address for peace of mind.

Hopefully I can have a call with Dr Sethi this week to address my concerns about the growth, temples and donor.

Thank you again for your input.

Hair transplants are not a one size fits all. Poor growth can happen to anyone.  Punch size used can greatly affect donor for future procedures. That said you had a pretty aggressive hairline and 3k doesn’t go far especially trying to build out temple too. What was placed per sq cm?? That is the question I would ask to give a idea what this should look like. 

14 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

7 months and 20 days

Hey folks

Hope all is well.

I just wanted to post these pictures as its 7 months and 20 days. I have contacted Dr Sethi / Eugenix and awaiting feedback.

If I am honest, I am feeling a bit disappointed with the growth at this stage. I have read in other forums that most of the hair grows by month 8 and after that its really very tiny progress and whatever is there at this stage, will mature further.

I have also asked the clinic about the scenario where I do not achieve results and gaps are still seen at month 12, what options does Eugenix provides.

I will update once I have received an answer.

Apologies if I sound negative but I want to prepare myself for all the possible scenarios.

PSX_20200810_190104.jpg

PSX_20200810_190017.jpg

PSX_20200810_185959.jpg

I feel you have every right to be upset with your result at this stage. You've been incredibly patient, but at almost 8 months things should be looking better. Sure your recipient may show further growth and thickening, but your donor area does not appear to have been managed with great care. I do not think, however, that it was over harvested. If anything, Eugenix is very conservative and ethical in their graft estimates. I agree with another poster that you chose a slightly aggressive hairline given your pattern of baldness, but the yield in the first six rows of your hairline is subpar to my eyes. Consequently, its gives the effect of 3112 grafts not being enough, but with your hair caliber it should've been sufficient. 

Obviously a HT is not an exact science, but top clinics consistently get top results. I think it's only fair, however, to wait a year before making a final judgment call. As Nelson said, there is still time for growth and thickening. I'm cheering for you, brotha. I know how much this matters to you. As PizzaWolf said, your courage in continuing to post is incredible. You are undoubtedly helping others make a more informed decision in their hair restoration journey. Look forward to months 8 and beyond.

Edited by Fluffhead
Tone
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fluffhead said:

I feel you have every right to be upset with your result at this stage. You've been incredibly patient, but at almost 8 months things should be looking better. Sure your recipient may show further growth and thickening, but your donor area does not appear to have been managed with great care. I do not think, however, that it was over harvested. If anything, Eugenix is very conservative and ethical in their graft estimates. I agree with another poster that you chose a slightly aggressive hairline given your pattern of baldness, but the yield in the first six rows of your hairline is subpar to my eyes. Consequently, its gives the effect of 3112 grafts not being enough, but with your hair caliber it should've been sufficient. 

Obviously a HT is not an exact science, but top clinics consistently get top results. I think it's only fair, however, to wait a year before making a final judgment call. As Nelson said, there is still time for growth and thickening. I'm cheering for you, brotha. I know how much this matters to you. As PizzaWolf said, your courage in continuing to post is incredible. You are undoubtedly helping others make a more informed decision in their hair restoration journey. Look forward to months 8 and beyond.

Thank you mate. I had a call with Eugenix and will create a new post below. I really appreciate your input and hopefully things will improve. Cheers

Call with Dr Sethi to discuss the progress- Aug 11, 2020( 7 months and 20 days since my HT)

I would like to start by expressing A big thank you to Dr Sethi who helped calm my nerves this morning.

I believe that we all have been at a stage where negative thoughts crawl in mind, especially when we don't see the results that we expect.

In my case , the growth has been slow and it made me really concerned. I wonder if Covid 19 and working from home since March has something to do with me being impatient or panicking :D 

There are few things that I have discussed:

1) Frontal growth- Dr Sethi acknowledges that so far, the growth is the slowest amongst all his patients but before he makes a decision on the next steps, a wait for another 2 months is suggested. If still the results are not as expected, Dr Sethi will fully support me in a touch up procedure without any charge. Also, shaving and trimming of hair will not be required. ( This is a big relief for myself ). This shows that the doctor actually cares about the patients so I do feel a little embarrassed for panicking earlier.

2) Donor- The donor hair was taken out in the same way as any other patient and if anyone buzz it down to zero, the evidence of HT will  be 100% be seen.  I have started growing the hair at the back so the HT is less evident for sure and probably one cannot even tell if it grows longer.

The bottom line is that it might be better for me to put my trust in Dr Sethi at this stage and follow his lead considering that he has promised to fully support and if the touch up is required , he will help and this will include the left temple if there is a difference from the right one.

Thank you everyone for your feedback and support and I shall keep you posted.

Regards

Edited by Looking for HT

30 minutes ago, Looking for HT said:

Call with Dr Sethi to discuss the progress- Aug 11, 2020( 7 months and 20 days since my HT)

I would like to start by expressing A big thank you to Dr Sethi who helped calm my nerves this morning.

I believe that we all have been at a stage where negative thoughts crawl in mind, especially when we don't see the results that we expect.

In my case , the growth has been slow and it made me really concerned. I wonder if Covid 19 and working from home since March has something to do with me being impatient or panicking :D 

1) Frontal growth- Dr Sethi acknowledges that so far, the growth is the slowest amongst all his patients but before he makes a decision on the next steps, a wait for another 2 months is suggested. If still the results are not as expected, Dr Sethi will fully support me in a touch up procedure without any charge. Also, shaving and trimming of hair will not be required. ( This is a big relief for myself ). This shows that the doctor actually cares about the patients so I do feel a little embarrassed for panicking earlier.

2) Donor- The donor hair was taken out in the same way as any other patient and if anyone buzz it down to zero, the evidence of HT will  be 100% be seen.  I have started growing the hair at the back so the HT is less evident for sure and probably one cannot even tell if it grows longer.

The bottom line is that it might be better for me to put my trust in Dr Sethi at this stage and follow his lead considering that he has promised to fully support and if the touch up is required , he will help and this will include the left temple if there is a difference from the right one.

Regards

Good to hear you're not as nervous now. Hopefully you get some good growth the next couple of months.

Like the guy above said, it's a pretty aggressive hairline and those temples would suck up a lot of grafts so whether that's contributing to the density being less as a result?

Best of luck, I'll keep following with interest.

Di

1 hour ago, Looking for HT said:

Regards

Hi Mate,

Did you also ask the doctor if not takingFinesteride has anything to do with it because all his other clients took finesteride after the HT.

If you remember me and following my surgery, I am also not taking finesteride and not at all following the level of after care you followed ,just the regular vitamins and a procapil serum that too I skip somedays.

Its been 6 months and 25 days of my surgery and my results are satisfactory , so in my case , not taking finesteride didn't make a difference.

It takes a lot of patience for delayed growers (personal experience). But hold on. It will get better with time. Also, lets wait for the temples to further develop. 

If there i anything that we find amiss, we shall definitely move towards rectifying it. I assure you of that. We are here for you and whatever is the end product, it is 100% our responsibility.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Administrators

It’s still early, but I would expect more growth. That said, I’m glad you’ve been in communication with Dr. Sethi. Hope everything turns out well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

It takes a lot of patience for delayed growers (personal experience). But hold on. It will get better with time. Also, lets wait for the temples to further develop. 

If there i anything that we find amiss, we shall definitely move towards rectifying it. I assure you of that. We are here for you and whatever is the end product, it is 100% our responsibility.

Thank you and this means a lot. It has really put my mind at ease and will help me to stay patient 😊

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s still early, but I would expect more growth. That said, I’m glad you’ve been in communication with Dr. Sethi. Hope everything turns out well.

Thanks Melvin for following my progress. Dr Sethi is very helpful .

• Like 1

Same here, there may only be a couple of cases with below average results, however I don't  believe those cases have progressed to the end result, this one included. I've seen some really really bad results on this forum, and in those cases not only did the density suck, but the graft placement was horrible and unnatural, which is even harder to overcome. The one thing about Eugenix from what I can see is that they have a true artistry to graft placement and design to give the most natural look possible. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a clinic is exceptional in that area, the worst case scenario is that you have to get a second procedure done to add more density, but NOT have be concerned with a true repair job and redesign to fix a botched transplant. Based on the photos, I believe that a smaller procedure to add density will probably do the trick here. Or maybe not, if you prove out to ba a late bloomer, hopefully the best is yet to come. My fingers are crossed for you brother, as I too will be scheduling with Eugenix as soon as this pandemic is behind us. Keep posting your progress!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:32 AM, rob7331 said:

Rooting for you. Yours is the only Eugenix result on this forum that concerns me and I'm looking at booking with them when covid restrictions lift. Really curious to see you at 12 months. Keep posting!

Thanks mate

On 8/17/2020 at 10:47 PM, MazAB said:

Same here, there may only be a couple of cases with below average results, however I don't  believe those cases have progressed to the end result, this one included. I've seen some really really bad results on this forum, and in those cases not only did the density suck, but the graft placement was horrible and unnatural, which is even harder to overcome. The one thing about Eugenix from what I can see is that they have a true artistry to graft placement and design to give the most natural look possible. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a clinic is exceptional in that area, the worst case scenario is that you have to get a second procedure done to add more density, but NOT have be concerned with a true repair job and redesign to fix a botched transplant. Based on the photos, I believe that a smaller procedure to add density will probably do the trick here. Or maybe not, if you prove out to ba a late bloomer, hopefully the best is yet to come. My fingers are crossed for you brother, as I too will be scheduling with Eugenix as soon as this pandemic is behind us. Keep posting your progress!

Thanks for following my progress and your input. Much appreciated!!

Month 8 update

So today I have completed 8 months since I had my surgery on 21/22 Dec 2019.

Results so far are not what I expect but I am going to give it full 12 months before passing any judgements. Also, if after 12 months, the things doesnt improve, its not the end of the world.

I trust and have been told that Dr Sethi with perform a touch up procedure if required. But who knows...I might get lucky by month 12. So I am leaving negativity behind and hoping for the best.

BTW, I have let my hair grow at the back and nobody can tell that I have got a HT done.

I do have a lot of grey so will colour it in few weeks.

I cannot thank enough for all the support and advice so far from everyone at this forum.

Thank you

PSX_20200822_163212.jpg

PSX_20200822_163115.jpg

PSX_20200822_162949.jpg

PSX_20200822_162854.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162350.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162043.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162203.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162256.jpg

My opinion: Every month it improves. By month 12 you may well be happy. You had a very large area filled in in front of your existing hairline and it looks infinitely better than before you started.  If you are over 35 years old, this is already a hairline that 80% of men would envy.

On 8/23/2020 at 12:47 AM, Looking for HT said:

Month 8 update

So today I have completed 8 months since I had my surgery on 21/22 Dec 2019.

Results so far are not what I expect but I am going to give it full 12 months before passing any judgements. Also, if after 12 months, the things doesnt improve, its not the end of the world.

I trust and have been told that Dr Sethi with perform a touch up procedure if required. But who knows...I might get lucky by month 12. So I am leaving negativity behind and hoping for the best.

BTW, I have let my hair grow at the back and nobody can tell that I have got a HT done.

I do have a lot of grey so will colour it in few weeks.

I cannot thank enough for all the support and advice so far from everyone at this forum.

Thank you

PSX_20200822_163212.jpg

PSX_20200822_163115.jpg

PSX_20200822_162949.jpg

PSX_20200822_162854.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162350.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162043.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162203.jpg

AirBrush_20200822162256.jpg

Your donor area looks phenomenal at this length. It's definitely the sweet spot. I need to revise my earlier comment! Granted you can't really rock a fade, but that's a small price to pay for a fuller head of hair. Looks like you still have a ton of grafts back there, so a touchup procedure won't be an issue at all. 

First 6 layers in the hairline remain problematic, but it appears everything else continues to thicken. Your profile shots are looking much stronger now. I think the temple points are looking a tad better as well. I think my primary gripe is that they don't really match the surrounding hair very well, at least at this point. I think the design of the points themselves is top notch, and even 25% more density would make them look great. Let's hope that more hairs pop in these next couple of months to get you across the finish line. 😁

Overall, I feel this is your best looking update yet. At least you've got a free touch up offer in your pocket, so the crew at Eugenix definitely has your back. Thanks for continuing to post. Looking forward to month 9!

On 8/23/2020 at 3:56 PM, FoxtrotChi said:

My opinion: Every month it improves. By month 12 you may well be happy. You had a very large area filled in in front of your existing hairline and it looks infinitely better than before you started.  If you are over 35 years old, this is already a hairline that 80% of men would envy.

Thanks mate. Hoping for improvement in mid frontal area. Appreciate you following the progress.

On 8/24/2020 at 5:06 AM, Fluffhead said:

Your donor area looks phenomenal at this length. It's definitely the sweet spot. I need to revise my earlier comment! Granted you can't really rock a fade, but that's a small price to pay for a fuller head of hair. Looks like you still have a ton of grafts back there, so a touchup procedure won't be an issue at all. 

First 6 layers in the hairline remain problematic, but it appears everything else continues to thicken. Your profile shots are looking much stronger now. I think the temple points are looking a tad better as well. I think my primary gripe is that they don't really match the surrounding hair very well, at least at this point. I think the design of the points themselves is top notch, and even 25% more density would make them look great. Let's hope that more hairs pop in these next couple of months to get you across the finish line. 😁

Overall, I feel this is your best looking update yet. At least you've got a free touch up offer in your pocket, so the crew at Eugenix definitely has your back. Thanks for continuing to post. Looking forward to month 9!

Apologies for the delayed response mate. Your feedback is 100% correct 😀 Donor looks perfect now but cannot give a fade or patchy parts will be visible.

Also temples actually dont match the rest. Hopefully this will change with time. 

You are bang on about the first six layers and lack of growth and density. When I look closely,  mid front seems to be quite empty.The density on left and right is better though.  

I just hope this improves or a trip to India will be on cards. Mid frontal and temples will be on the main agenda.

Your genuine feedback is much appreciated 😊 and thanks for following my progress.

BTW , I am really excited about your end result. Its going to be phenomenal 😊👌👌

Edited by Looking for HT

On 8/25/2020 at 4:35 AM, jimcraig152 said:

Density aside, things look really good, your techniques in your procedure are technically sound, and you look like a different person since before your procedure.

Positive vibes being sent your way brutha. Happy growing!

Thanks mate. Whats grown so far is technically sounds and hoping that everything improves.

Thanks for your kind wishes !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The hair looks a lot better, from the side it looks 💯I think the temples look good, I’d be interested to see how they look grown out longer.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.