Finally did it !! 3112 grafts- Eugenix, New Delhi, India(NO FINASTERIDE)

12 hours ago, MC10298 said:

Many thanks to the OP for providing such a detailed honest account of your transplant journey and best of luck with your follow up procedure.

I was brought to this thread during my research and seeing some great results for Eugenix on the net. Reading the complete thread a number of questions have been raised by members but remained unanswered. The clinic have acknowledged via the OP that the results were poor (did I read the worst for re-growth?). The clinic have been able to see first hand the results of their previous transplant. At this stage (Dr Sethi) need to step up and provide some answers to re-assure prospective patients.

1. What was cm2 of area to be covered?
  2. What was the transplanted density per cm2?
  3. Did eugenix explain why there were growth issues? How ur they address them this time?(WildBlueberry)
  4. Did Eugenix outline any part of the procedure that they would approach differently the 2nd time around since you had some grafts that never took?(MazAB)

Cont....

Hey mate

Thank you and Very good questions and exactly what I had in my mind too. Please see below answers:

1. What was cm2 of area to be covered? I dont really remember.  @Abhinay Singh Can you please let know.
  2. What was the transplanted density per cm2? @Abhinay Singh This might be for you too :)
  3. Did eugenix explain why there were growth issues? How ur they address them this time?(WildBlueberry)- It seemed that some grafts didnt survive. It could be anything. Maybe body rejected it. Unfortunately,  I have no answer for this.
  4. Did Eugenix outline any part of the procedure that they would approach differently the 2nd time around since you had some grafts that never took?(MazAB)- Again , I dont think anything was different apart from that Dr Sethi came in the end to check everything himself and made sure no stone was left unturned.
  5. Temples- I believe that this could have been avoided. The technicians perhaps made an error.  Right side had mostly doubles and left singles. Seems singles didnt make it look dense enough.

However,  I also believe that there is some risk involved in any HT and a person may get unlucky.

I also think that not every clinic looks after their patients as Eugenix did and I am very thankful for that.

A picture below of where I started 😊 I am extremely happy !!

Wish you all the best mate if you are going down this route😊

PSX_20210221_105610.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey mate

Thank you and Very good questions and exactly what I had in my mind too. Please see below answers:

1. What was cm2 of area to be covered? I dont really remember.  @Abhinay Singh Can you please let know.
  2. What was the transplanted density per cm2? @Abhinay Singh This might be for you too :)
  3. Did eugenix explain why there were growth issues? How ur they address them this time?(WildBlueberry)- It seemed that some grafts didnt survive. It could be anything. Maybe body rejected it. Unfortunately,  I have no answer for this.
  4. Did Eugenix outline any part of the procedure that they would approach differently the 2nd time around since you had some grafts that never took?(MazAB)- Again , I dont think anything was different apart from that Dr Sethi came in the end to check everything himself and made sure no stone was left unturned.
  5. Temples- I believe that this could have been avoided. The technicians perhaps made an error.  Right side had mostly doubles and left singles. Seems singles didnt make it look dense enough.

However,  I also believe that there is some risk involved in any HT and a person may get unlucky.

I also think that not every clinic looks after their patients as Eugenix did and I am very thankful for that.

PSX_20210221_105610.jpg

Did Dr Bansal do any part of the original surgery or was it another doctor and technicians?

One thing to keep in mind is that Eugenix has been the "go to" clinic for many botched hair transplants around the world. They do a ton a repair work and are highly sought after when patients do their research to get it right the 2nd time around. With that, not every procedure will yield the perfect result even with the best of clinics. Obviously this case was far less than perfect the first time around, maybe due to process and procedure, or maybe due to physiological makeup, one never knows. One thing I'm confident of having followed this journey from the beginning, is that if this is one of their worst cases for graft survival coming out of Eugenix, I'll take that any day over the clinic that can do you ugly quickly with un-natural hairlines, temple points, and far less graft survival. Bottom line, these guys take pride in what they do and have far more compassion for the patient than ever putting the dollar first. This case is clearly a true testament to that.

Edited by MazAB
#
  • Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 4:27 PM, Looking for HT said:

What was the transplanted density per cm2? @Abhinay Singh This might be for you too

The density given was 30 to 35 hair per sqcm.

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, Looking for HT said:

**Went with non shave option( 20% extra charge)** I DONT RECOMMEND non shave option. You can read more on my day 7th post below.

Hey everyone

I am creating this thread as I have been active on this forum for a while and received a lot of help from the members, who helped me to make the decision for the right clinic and the doctors. I would like to return the favour and I hope my journey will help people who are looking for the right clinic and surgeons.

Before I write my journey, please note that I am writing my own true personal experience and this is in no shape or form a marketing stunt for the clinic or the doctors. I wish to portray the right picture for anyone who wants to know the real experience at Eugenix and my outcome.

I am not going into details about Accommodation, food etc because I flew to India to get the surgery done so I will stick to the most important parts.

To be brief, you will either be picked by Eugenix staff or an OLA cab will be pre booked. You will either stay at Eugenix or a hotel which is 100mtrs away from Eugenix. I recommend that you stay at Eugenix main building. You can arrange all this with the clinic.

Food at Eugenix: You can order the food depending on what you like. Please note that its very hard to find non spicy dishes. After experimenting, I could only find Afghani chicken as non spicy so check with the clinic if you dont eat spicy food.

Flew on Dec 19th and reached on Dec 20th at 2AM

Dec 20th- Bfast at 9 AM. My blood tests were taken around 10AM and results came in around 5pm. If possible, get the tests done in your home country and email the results to Eugenix before flying in. This will save your day as I felt that I wasted Dec 20th. I met Dr Arika Bansal around 6pm who looked at my scalp and had a short chat about next steps for Dec 21st. Dr Bansal is great so you should ask any questions that you might have.

Dec 21st- Bfast at 9. Lunch at 12pm. I met Dr Sethi around 1.30PM ( Dr Sethi’s flight was delayed from Mumbai and that’s why could not meet earlier in the morning) Dr Sethi is very lively person and I felt good meeting him for the first time. My scalp and hair was looked at and I was taken to this room to draw the hairline and temples. I took my time and did some minor changes on what I wanted for myself.

(This is very important. Take your time and make sure that you are happy with the hairline drawn etc.)

I changed into sterile clothes for the surgery room and was taken to the operation theatre. People present in the room were: Dr Sethi, Dr Alok and 4-5 technicians.

Dr Alok started giving me local anaesthesia. A vibration device was held to my head where the needle was being injected to make it less painful. This was done in an area to take my few grafts and evaluate it.

The graft evaluation result:

Thick healthy grafts and overall-

60% grafts- triples

40% grafts- Doubles

I had no single hair in any grafts so doubles were made into singles for the hair line and the areas of the temples

My blood was taken and PRP done at this stage.

Local anaesthesia is uncomfortable but not something that I would scream and say Holy S**t. Basically this is given all over the head and anytime you feel a little pain, you let the doctors know and they will give you more of it. Please note that at the end of the day it’s a surgical procedure so a little bit of sting sensation will be there. Some parts of head wont feel a thing and others might feel a sting or once or twice you might say ouch !!

Once head was numb for the procedure, Dr Sethi made all the slits for my hair line and temples. Dr Arika Bansal did the extractions and the technicians implanted the grafts. When extraction is done from the back of the head, you will be lying on stomach and for longer period you may feel uncomfortable. I wanted to move so I asked for a short break. It took 7-8 hours the first day and I had couple of breaks. During the breaks, the technicians would massage your shoulders and back to get the blood flowing as you are lying down for a long time. I would suggest to ask for a can of coke or another sugary drink to get your energy levels up. The room also has a TV so you can ask for your favourite music to be put on. Trust me this would help to get the time pass quicker.

Grafts are being counted and written on the board. 

At the end of the day on 21st, I had 2112 grafts implanted on my frontal part except the hair line. The whole team is involved and after slits were made by Dr Sethi other doctors such as Dr Bansal, Dr Alok and technicians were involved.

Dec 22nd- Bfast at 8AM. Surgery at 9AM. This is the day to reconstruct the temples and hairline. Slits were already there so Dr Alok gave the local anaesthesia and Dr Bansal , Dr Alok did the extraction.

When the extraction was being done, the hair could not be implanted on temples simultaneously as I was lying on my stomach. The grafts might be outside for 30-40 minutes. After the extraction,  the technicians implanted the grafts and was supervised by Dr Bansal, Dr Sethi few times. Please note that Dr Alok is equally good at what he does including giving the local anaesthesia. The 2 technicians who were implanting are working with Eugenix for 8 and 5 years.

Day 2 took around 4 hours and 1000 grafts were implanted.

Total grafts- 3112

The same day, I rested and got to the airport at 11pm as my flight was at 3:30AM on Dec 23rd.

One great tip- I skipped all the queues at airport and immigration as I wasn’t shy about my surgery and went to ask for the queue to be skipped which they allowed every time. I was also the first one to board the flight everytime.

I made my decision after meeting few Eugenix patients beforehand, the results, Doctors education, experience and reputation and I can say that I made the right choice.

Cost of blood test- Rs 3200

Cost of medicines – Rs 5000 app.(Exc. Fin and Minoxidil)

I purchased liquid form- Mixture of Minoxidil & Fin( Please note I will not be taking Fin. Tablets)

20% discount on per graft if you book in advance. 20% extra charge on non shave option. Please check their website. 18% tax is extra

So this is my experience and I hope the above is helpful. I highly recommend Eugenix and according to my experience I made the right decision and was a perfect place for me to go ahead with the surgery.

Do your own research before deciding but I hope my review will help you make that decision.

I will keep posting my pictures and my full journey until I have full head of hair :) Hopefully!!

All the best to everyone !!

IMG-20191225-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20191225-WA0020.jpg

Hi, how much was the actual procedure please?

• Administrators
On 2/21/2021 at 2:57 AM, Looking for HT said:

Hey mate

PSX_20210221_105610.jpg

That looks incredible tbh. Once the front is dialed in and perfect you’re gonna look 💯 percent 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Would love to see an update 🙌🏼

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!! I am so sorry for not being active on the forum.

After the touch up in January 2021, here is my progress.

I have come to the terms that the transplant will never give the look of a normal high density existing hair. The way around is how you style it. I still wish that I had more density. I am using fibres to make it dense as otherwise the scalp is visible,  specially the mid front.

However,  the procedure has truly changed my life from where I started.

I am taking 1mg finasteride everyday since Jan 2021 with zero side effects.  I also take multivitamins including Biotin.

I had decided to take a journey to transform myself physically so been very strict on the diet which has definitely helped with the growth. Apologies for flashing the fat loss but I do want to mention that diet is definitely a part of healthy hair and overall mental wellbeing :)

I am also going to include a styled picture with fibres :)

Any feedback or comments are much appreciated and apologies again for not replying sooner !!

Please do check the attached pictures from Dec 2019 VS Now :)

Kind regards

PSX_20210623_120105.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115040.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115104.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115135.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115153.jpg

PSX_20210623_120606.jpg

PSX_20210623_121119.jpg

PSX_20210623_121045.jpg

PSX_20210623_121512.jpg

Edited by Looking for HT
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey everyone!! I am so sorry for not being active on the forum.

After the touch up in January 2021, here is my progress.

I have come to the terms that the transplant will never give the look of a normal high density existing hair. The way around is how you style it. I still wish that I had more density. I am using fibres to make it dense as otherwise the scalp is visible,  specially the mid front.

However,  the procedure has truly changed my life from where I started.

I am taking 1mg finasteride everyday since Jan 2021 with zero side effects.  I also take multivitamins including Biotin.

I had decided to take a journey to transform myself physically so been very strict on the diet which has definitely helped with the growth. Apologies for flashing the fat loss but I do want to mention that diet is definitely a part of healthy hair and overall mental wellbeing :)

I am also going to include a styled picture with fibres :)

Any feedback or comments are much appreciated and apologies again for not replying sooner !!

Please do check the attached pictures from Dec 2019 VS Now :)

Kind regards

PSX_20210623_120105.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115040.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115104.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115135.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115153.jpg

PSX_20210623_120606.jpg

PSX_20210623_121119.jpg

PSX_20210623_121045.jpg

PSX_20210623_121512.jpg

Sheeesh

Damn dude, you are jacked bro! Love the dedication and pursuit to a healthier body, mind and spirit. That goes well beyond just more hair and is a great example of how we need to have a balanced approach to our lifestyles/wellbeing and not just be so hyperfocused on hairloss alone.

All that aside, your results are fantastic! I can still see how it's lacking density front center, however it's still a major improvement from before and also possible that there's more to come being at just the 6 month mark so keep the faith! 

Following your journey has been an inspirational experience for me and has helped quite a bit in facing the realities of a hair transplant and the emotional highs and lows you inevidably encounter. It has also put my mind at ease to finally move forward with Eugenix. They truly care and have the best interests of the patient at heart. I will document my journey here and pay it forward. Tentatively scheduled for March 2022

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Damn dude, you are jacked bro! Love the dedication and pursuit to a healthier body, mind and spirit. That goes well beyond just more hair and is a great example of how we need to have a balanced approach to our lifestyles/wellbeing and not just be so hyperfocused on hairloss alone.

All that aside, your results are fantastic! I can still see how it's lacking density front center, however it's still a major improvement from before and also possible that there's more to come being at just the 6 month mark so keep the faith! 

Following your journey has been an inspirational experience for me and has helped quite a bit in facing the realities of a hair transplant and the emotional highs and lows you inevidably encounter. It has also put my mind at ease to finally move forward with Eugenix. They truly care and have the best interests of the patient at heart. I will document my journey here and pay it forward. Tentatively scheduled for March 2022

Thank you mate. I wish you all the best too☺

• Like 1

The results look really good!

You are also only at 6 months post HT #2.….and of course, with fibers it looks as if you never lost a strand of hair.

Keep us posted as the months progress 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Wow 😯 fair to say you look like a totally new man 👌 very fit and now with awesome hair to boot 👌 And your not even anywhere close to the end of your journey. What a inspiration ! 🙏

Thank you very much 😊

• Like 1