Finally did it !! 3112 grafts- Eugenix, New Delhi, India(NO FINASTERIDE)

On 10/30/2020 at 10:09 AM, Looking for HT said:

Yes, mine have gaps unfortunately but the clinic has been very supportive and will perform a touch up if needed.

What do you think happened? Maybe they didn't implant enough hairs, or some of the hair implanted ended up not growing?

There is a very similar case at the spanish forum recuperarelpelo. 

Similar pattern of hair loss, numbers of grafts used, similar area (minus temples) and also ended up with less density than desired. The doctor who performed the surgery is Bruno Pinto.

Link: https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78822&start=600

33 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

There is a very similar case at the spanish forum recuperarelpelo. 

Similar pattern of hair loss, numbers of grafts used, similar area (minus temples) and also ended up with less density than desired. The doctor who performed the surgery is Bruno Pinto.

Link: https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78822&start=600

I wonder how much the “excess fibrin” noted in his second day post op contributed to a poor result of the pinto patient. He def has more scabbing than normal. 

1 hour ago, HTHope said:

I wonder how much the “excess fibrin” noted in his second day post op contributed to a poor result of the pinto patient. He def has more scabbing than normal. 

Yea, very strange. What would have caused that?

But note that on the 12th day his implanted hairs were looking pretty good already: https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78822&start=30

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 11:34 PM, JohnBob said:

Yea, very strange. What would have caused that?

But note that on the 12th day his implanted hairs were looking pretty good already: https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78822&start=30

It appears the patient was diagnosed with scarring alopecia (autoimmune disease)....

see here :

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78822&start=615

• 1 month later...

12 month update & Next steps----- Touchup procedure to rectify the poor density- Scheduled for Jan 4th, 2021

Dear members

I hope all is well and my apologies for not posting the Month 11 and Month 12 update which were due on 22nd of each month.

The reason I have not posted is because there has been no improvement since Month 10th.

However,  the good news is that Dr Sethi and Dr Bansal have suggested a free touchup which has been booked for Jan 4th. Number of grafts to be used will be circa 1500.

I am hoping that I will be able to achieve the density after the procedure.

The recipient hair will not be trimmed at all. I will get a haircut prior to surgery and this will involve zero number trimming in the donor area.

I have landed in India already and looking forward to the surgery.

Also, I have decided to try Finasteride this time to see how my body reacts. If all goes well, I will be taking it for minimum 3 months.

Thank you everyone for following my progress and Thank you to Eugenix team for supporting me in these past 12 months and offering a solution.

Below is the picture taken at Month 12 since the procedure.

Regards

PSX_20201228_181043.jpg

Edited by Looking for HT
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor

@Looking for HT I'm so happy that you are about to have your free touch up and I know that those 1,500 grafts will allow you to put any worries to rest. Good luck with the finasteride and I AGAIN look forward to your updates! 2021 looks like it's going to be the year for you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Looking for HT I'm so happy that you are about to have your free touch up and I know that those 1,500 grafts will allow you to put any worries to rest. Good luck with the finasteride and I AGAIN look forward to your updates! 2021 looks like it's going to be the year for you!

Thanks mate. Hoping for the best

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MazAB said:

Good luck my friend! Curious how you were able to get a flight out there. I've been wanting to book to India myself but can't get a visa from the US.

Hey mate. My roots are from India and even though as an Irish citizen, I was able to book flights and allowed to fly. Had to carry -ve covid report and some other documents but it worked out ok.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Good to see that Eugenix are offering you a free touch up! A decent clinic for sure. Fingers and everything crossed this will give you the result you was looking for.

Will be following for sure!  Good luck 🤞 

Thanks mate. I hope I will get the results I am looking for this time😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Looking for HT said:

12 month update & Next steps----- Touchup procedure to rectify the poor density- Scheduled for Jan 4th, 2021

Dear members

I hope all is well and my apologies for not posting the Month 11 and Month 12 update which were due on 22nd of each month.

The reason I have not posted is because there has been no improvement since Month 10th.

However,  the good news is that Dr Sethi and Dr Bansal have suggested a free touchup which has been booked for Jan 4th. Number of grafts to be used will be circa 1500.

The recipient hair will not be trimmed at all. I will get a haircut prior to surgery and this will involve zero number trimming in the donor area.

Also, I have decided to try Finasteride this time to see how my body reacts. If all goes well, I will be taking it for minimum 3 months.

Thank you everyone for following my progress and Thank you to Eugenix team for supporting me in these past 12 months and offering a solution.

Regards

PSX_20201228_181043.jpg

hi,hope you are doing good!  how did ur touchup go? 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, Looking for HT said:

Dear members

Regards

@Looking for HT I wish you to solve the situation with your touchup, it is nice to hear that the clinic has been close to you all the way and that it offered you a free retouch, mine has not yet made itself felt, this is the difference between  reliable and ethical clinics and the myriad of others that are around us.

• Like 1

Honestly, this is a poor result from Eugenix. I am surprised no one is criticizing them so far.

The good thing is they offer him a touch-up but still it's a waste of valuable grafts.  

@HCHThe fact that the clinic has been close to him throughout the journey is already a great thing, I assure you that it is not for everyone, transplantation is not an exact science, often, for many factors, something can go wrong, regardless of what  ,Eugenix is offering him a free touch-up, Cinik with me still has not spoken, yet I have had a scalp biopsy with which I have ruled out some particular problem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Egy said:

@HCHThe fact that the clinic has been close to him throughout the journey is already a great thing, I assure you that it is not for everyone, transplantation is not an exact science, often, for many factors, something can go wrong, regardless of what  ,Eugenix is offering him a free touch-up, Cinik with me still has not spoken, yet I have had a scalp biopsy with which I have ruled out some particular problem.

I agree, every clinic has some bad results. However, it would be great if the clinic rep can give some insights about this case to clear any doubt or question mark. As you all know they have different packages and it could be one of the poor results where the Dr. involvement is very limited.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone 

I hope all is good and my apologies for the delay in writing this post as things have been hectic travelling back and forth and now that I have settled and back home in Ireland, I would like to take some time and provide some details about my touch-up Procedure. 

I am going to start with where I started initially and what lead to the touch up procedure. 

I had my 1st surgery on 22nd Dec 2019 which you can scroll back to the first page and go through my progress. The surgery involved covering the mid front and the temples. I decided not to take Finasteride for the full 12 months. 

After completing the 12 months, the mid frontal and the left temple did not reach the desired density and after the evaluation by Eugenix team, I was offered a FREE touch-up procedure that should help fulfil the results. 

Before I provide further details, I would like to take this opportunity to Thank Dr Sethi & Dr Bansal and the entire Eugenix team for their professionalism, sense of urgency, consistently following up on my progress  and above all, offering a FREE touchup and making me feel comfortable throughout. I can sincerely say that Eugenix has been the best decision I made in terms of hair transplant. 

Touchup on Jan 4th, 2021- Around 1000 grafts( Decided to take Fin 1mg a day) 

After consultation and my concern about the ugly duckling, Eugenix team agreed to perform on the recipient area without trimming the hair and this would bypass the ugly duckling phase. All I needed was to trim the donor so I decided to go to a professional saloon( See pictures). Dar Bansal also marked where the grafts should be taken out and which areas needed density. 

Dr Bansal did the punching, Dr Ravi involved too with the technicians. Dr Bansal gave the finishing touches making sure that no stone is left unturned. The whole surgery lasted 6 hours with a lunch break and an overnight stay provided by Eugenix. 

The biggest change this time is that I started taking 1mb Finasteride from the day of surgery and have no sides until now(Fingers crossed). I consume a healthy clean diet and also taking hair vitamin tablet after breakfast. 

Please see all the pictures below and thank you everyone for following my journey and support throughout. I am hoping that I will get the desired result this time so please keep me in your prayers 😊 

Hope my journey has been helpful to consider your option and all the best to everyone !! 

Take care. 

PSX_20210110_143622.jpg

PSX_20210110_141917.jpg

PSX_20210110_141752.jpg

AirBrush_20210116082917.jpg

AirBrush_20210116082832.jpg

AirBrush_20210116082151.jpg

AirBrush_20210116082011.jpg

AirBrush_20210116082546.jpg

PSX_20210116_083915.jpg

AirBrush_20210116083204.jpg

AirBrush_20210116083053.jpg

AirBrush_20210116083338.jpg

AirBrush_20210116083440.jpg

AirBrush_20210116083758.jpg

AirBrush_20210110140951.jpg

AirBrush_20210110140723.jpg

AirBrush_20210110140922.jpg

AirBrush_20210110140824.jpg

• Administrators

Glad they’re doing a touch up, looks like it’s gonna be a homerun this time.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.