Finally did it !! 3112 grafts- Eugenix, New Delhi, India(NO FINASTERIDE)

34 minutes ago, sandyr said:

@Looking for HT - I disagree that you can't get natural hairline, of course HT is supposed to camouflage original hair but there are few doctors that can get the natural hairline with enough density

You could be right as seen some of my mates with very dense mid frontal. Lets see how it turns out in next 6 months. 

I just discovered this thread - what a journey! The highs, the lows, the highs again! I'm pretty impressed with how Eugenix handled the concerns. They did all the right things - staying in communication, providing compensation with a free touch up. The final result looks great.

• Like 3

Many thanks OP for the update.

On 6/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, MazAB said:

Damn dude, you are jacked bro! Love the dedication and pursuit to a healthier body, mind and spirit. That goes well beyond just more hair and is a great example of how we need to have a balanced approach to our lifestyles/wellbeing and not just be so hyperfocused on hairloss alone.

Couldn't put it better myself.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, Abhinay Singh said:

The density given was 30 to 35 hair per sqcm.

For me, this is the elephant in the room. All the talk about poor growth ignores the simple math. The area was large, and the number of grafts for the 1st surgery was insufficient to provide the desired density. The hairline was lowered and flat (i.e. temples had been heavily restored). There is a cost to this aggressive approach and that is density.

Look again at the numbers 30 to 35 per sqcm. Even with strong growth of 90%, you get a poor density of 27 to 32 per sqcm. When you consider a full head of hair would have a density of between 80 to 100 per sqcm and 45 to 50 per sqcm is required to create the 'illusion' of density, then sadly, the OP was on a loser from the start.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, MC10298 said:

Many thanks OP for the update.

Couldn't put it better myself.

For me, this is the elephant in the room. All the talk about poor growth ignores the simple math. The area was large, and the number of grafts for the 1st surgery was insufficient to provide the desired density. The hairline was lowered and flat (i.e. temples had been heavily restored). There is a cost to this aggressive approach and that is density.

Look again at the numbers 30 to 35 per sqcm. Even with strong growth of 90%, you get a poor density of 27 to 32 per sqcm. When you consider a full head of hair would have a density of between 80 to 100 per sqcm and 45 to 50 per sqcm is required to create the 'illusion' of density, then sadly, the OP was on a loser from the start.

I completely agree with you and thats why its important how the hair is styled. Hair fibres are going to be my best friends for quite a while I suppose :)

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 6/23/2021 at 4:07 AM, Looking for HT said:

Hey everyone!! I am so sorry for not being active on the forum.

After the touch up in January 2021, here is my progress.

I have come to the terms that the transplant will never give the look of a normal high density existing hair. The way around is how you style it. I still wish that I had more density. I am using fibres to make it dense as otherwise the scalp is visible,  specially the mid front.

However,  the procedure has truly changed my life from where I started.

I am taking 1mg finasteride everyday since Jan 2021 with zero side effects.  I also take multivitamins including Biotin.

I had decided to take a journey to transform myself physically so been very strict on the diet which has definitely helped with the growth. Apologies for flashing the fat loss but I do want to mention that diet is definitely a part of healthy hair and overall mental wellbeing :)

I am also going to include a styled picture with fibres :)

Any feedback or comments are much appreciated and apologies again for not replying sooner !!

Please do check the attached pictures from Dec 2019 VS Now :)

Kind regards

PSX_20210623_120105.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115040.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115104.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115135.jpg

AirBrush_20210623115153.jpg

PSX_20210623_120606.jpg

PSX_20210623_121119.jpg

PSX_20210623_121045.jpg

PSX_20210623_121512.jpg

Absolutely shredded! You still have 5 months to thicken up from your touch-up it’s already improved tremendously. Your hair looks perfect with fibers. I do the same for my crown. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

I completely agree with you and thats why its important how the hair is styled. Hair fibres are going to be my best friends for quite a while I suppose :)

congrats @Looking for HT. u look amazing! and have several months growth left! surely, there u will have a good final result!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Absolutely shredded! You still have 5 months to thicken up from your touch-up it’s already improved tremendously. Your hair looks perfect with fibers. I do the same for my crown. 

talking about fibers, is there any video about how to use the fibers @Melvin- Moderator. was searching for it!

• Valued Contributor

Hi @Looking for HT,

I just wanted to say that this thread has been a brilliant and valuable source of research for me. Eugenix are currently top of my list for getting a HT and my hair loss is fairly similar to yours. This thread has actually reaffirmed my choice for Eugenix given that a) if this is them at their worst, well... it ain't bad at all! and b) the aftercare and standing by their work and ethics to provide a free touch up procedure is extremely reassuring.

Throughout the thread I was getting a little worried for you until month 9 & 10. The temple point reconstruction looked very ambitious, but by month 10 it had blended a lot better with your native hairs and although each side was not equal and the left a little patchy, it only added to the naturalness of it, in my view. I actually think had you styled/trimmed them down earlier it would have blended better before, but regardless, month 9 & 10 for the temple points were a big leap in my view.

With the touch up, half a year on it's looking fantastic - really. I sense you're not 100% satisfied, but I think you may be guilty of a little hair greed. Really, it's an outstanding and undetectable result. You certainly don't need to use hair fibers!

Thanks for your detailed write ups - they've been tremendously helpful.

All the best

Berba

• Like 4

I disagree that the OP has been well served by Eugenix.

As I highlighted in my previous post, they failed to provide adequate density (even by their own standards). The OP was failed from the initial aggressive hairline design. The OP was repeatedly told density would come; just give it time. Of course, it never happened for reasons we are now aware of. 

Regarding 'free touch up' - For me, 1500 isn't a touch up. The hairline appears to have moved down and the first few rows packed with a higher density. The problem with reconstruction is the bulk of the previous hair transplanted remains at a lower density. We can see some intervention working within existing hair, but this is limited and fraught with risk from shock loss and necrosis.

Talk for 'free' is bizarre. What price do we attribute to the emotional impact? In monetary terms, the cost of travel. All avoidable with a hairline that would have allowed sufficient density from the start.

The OP has done a great service to the community by documenting his account. I refrained from commenting after the rep confirmed the low density because I understand it's a stressful time post-surgery. 

It is an honest account by the OP and therefore deserves an honest appraisal of the procedure.

• Like 2

I agree @MC10298that there is quite a bit to learn from this whole experience. It looked like Eugenix outlined a couple of different options on the hairline and temple points from the initial design drawing. The inner drawing would have obviously been the more conservative approach, but the more aggressive option was chosen in this case.

All in all when you see the countless amounts of results coming out of Eugenix there are plenty of examples with higher Norwoods going for very aggressive hairlines and having incredible outcomes. One lesson I take out of this is that you could have the best clinics in the world work on your head and there's never a guarantee on better than average results. It all comes down to your physiological makeup and the percentage of how much your body will accept or reject a hair graft. 

My advice to anyone getting a 1st hair transplant procedure is to never go big. As much as it's tempting to have a low sexy hairline, STAY VERY CONSERVATIVE, assess the final result, then go back for the 2nd procedure to lower the hairline and/or add more density, and ONLY if it makes sense to do so. 

I think going this aggressive with a bad or even average clinic, the results could have easily been a complete disaster. Thank God that is not the case here. 

• Like 6

Hey folks

I agree that with an aggressive approach during the first HT might have been a bad idea. However the onus is on the surgeon to explain the patient about the expected outcome which in my case didnt happen. I also agree with some members here that I was repeatedly told that density will be achieved over time but it didnt happen. 

However, I wanted to be positive and went ahead with the 2nd touch up. Again, I completely agree that a free touch up may sound fantastic but it did cost me flight, my time, holidays from work, emotional stress and had to go through the recovery phase.

As you all know that my journey on this forum has been nothing but 100% truth so here is what went through my mind after 12 months of 1st HT.

Doctors said that they were also unsure why the density was not achieved after 12 months so I wanted to give them another chance. After the touch up, 6 months have now passed so lets give another 6 months. Still if the results are not achieved,  then I will be convinced that there is someone else out there who would have done a better job. Until then lets not jump the gun and hopefully things will be different in Dec 2021. 

I didnt take finasteride during my 1st transplant but taking it regularly since the touchup. Only time will tell how the results pan out.

No offence to Eugenix team as I just want to share my true thoughts.

Regards

• Like 4

• Administrators

I believe the pictures show that he is most definitely improving. Will it look perfect in another 6 months? Probably not, but no one should be chasing perfection through surgery. I think he has a strong platform right now to build from. I truly feel that in another 6 months things will improve a lot. 

Btw @Looking for HT whats your diet workout routine bro? 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've just read this whole thread from start to finish. Congrats on your journey man and what a great in depth write up for everyone.

Lets hope you're going to happier and happier in the next few months, looking at the start to now the transformation has already been huge.

best of luck

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 1:32 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe the pictures show that he is most definitely improving. Will it look perfect in another 6 months? Probably not, but no one should be chasing perfection through surgery. I think he has a strong platform right now to build from. I truly feel that in another 6 months things will improve a lot. 

Btw @Looking for HT whats your diet workout routine bro? 

Thank you Melvin. I hope so too☺

I have been counting my daily Macros since Jan 1 and combine cardio and strength training 5 days a week. Cheat meal is once every 10 days😄

10 hours ago, DJ001 said:

I've just read this whole thread from start to finish. Congrats on your journey man and what a great in depth write up for everyone.

Lets hope you're going to happier and happier in the next few months, looking at the start to now the transformation has already been huge.

best of luck

Thank you☺

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:44 PM, Berba11 said:

Hi @Looking for HT,

I just wanted to say that this thread has been a brilliant and valuable source of research for me. Eugenix are currently top of my list for getting a HT and my hair loss is fairly similar to yours. This thread has actually reaffirmed my choice for Eugenix given that a) if this is them at their worst, well... it ain't bad at all! and b) the aftercare and standing by their work and ethics to provide a free touch up procedure is extremely reassuring.

Throughout the thread I was getting a little worried for you until month 9 & 10. The temple point reconstruction looked very ambitious, but by month 10 it had blended a lot better with your native hairs and although each side was not equal and the left a little patchy, it only added to the naturalness of it, in my view. I actually think had you styled/trimmed them down earlier it would have blended better before, but regardless, month 9 & 10 for the temple points were a big leap in my view.

With the touch up, half a year on it's looking fantastic - really. I sense you're not 100% satisfied, but I think you may be guilty of a little hair greed. Really, it's an outstanding and undetectable result. You certainly don't need to use hair fibers!

Thanks for your detailed write ups - they've been tremendously helpful.

All the best

Berba

Same here as Berba. This thread (amongst others) was my go-to bible...

I took the plunge and had mine done last week. Fingers crossed!

Edited by rishibostonian
  • Like 2