My Story - 2500~ Grafts with Eugenix

Rbs

After years and years of deliberation, denials, comb-over/unders; I've finally decided to take the plunge. And after talking/consulting with around 7 surgeons, picked Eugenix as the best choice. Apart from the amazing results they seem to consistently churn out, what swayed me was the fact that they seemed to genuinely care; as in not as a patient or a customer but genuine care. I could see that in every interaction I had with them.

Prologue

I never had thick hair but it was pretty good till 35. Then the decline started with receding hairline and thinness. This led me to fist be a silent stalker in this forum and research as much as I can. And then early this year, became more active as I had a (self imposed) point of no return set for 2021 :D

Have to say thanks to @Melvin- Moderator @Dr. Suhail Khokhar multiple reps from other doctors and of course, @Abhinay Singh! And also, to the well detailed stories from @paddyirishman @Looking for HT and @Zoomster I hope to do the same for the community (And this post is a start)

Had my initial consultation with Dr Arika Bansal that @Abhinay Singh helped coordinate early this year. She answered all my questions and on call drew a pretty balanced hairline and estimated around 2,500 grafts to achieve that. I wanted to be a little less aggressive and leave around 2,500 grafts for a procedure down the road (If I chose to). After picking Eugenix (Reason above!) Decided on doing this sometime in July and booked with tentative date as mid-July. Sometime in May I picked the dates and booked my flights. Thankfully the travel ban didn't affect me so there were no last minute cancels.

We had one more video consult with Dr. Bansal (And well, thousand line chat with Abhinay with my never ending questions...) and with nervous excitement set out to fly the 16 odd hours to Delhi!

264438627_2.March2021_4438.thumb.jpeg.610525190a744b542e3cc310fa04d045.jpeg

706407773_2.March2021_4449.thumb.jpeg.f4f4871f79546ba42a97026d7ce5bf74.jpeg

Day (-) 1

Landed in Delhi around 9 PM and (Thanks to a surprisingly super fast immigration/validation process) was in the hotel by 10 PM. Eugeix had booked me into the Hilton nearby and the hotel sent the car. Both Suryakant and Anil called me multiple times to check and welcome me. Have to say, their dedication is amazing (Much more on that later). Got to the hotel and after a heavy dinner (United food sucks!) slept early to prepare for the day ahead! Also, Eugenix folks were kind enough to setup a blood-work appointment at the hotel (Had some tests I couldn't do in the US plus the COVID test to fly back)

(To be continued...)

Edited by rishibostonian
Pics
  • Like 7

• Administrators

Thank you for the shout out, I look forward to seeing your updates and progress 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is awesome! Great initial write up @rishibostonian.

From where did you fly? Boston- USA?

What Norwood level are you classified as?

Also, are you Caucasian? While we have seen some excellent results Eugenix has produced with Caucasian hair types, it would be great to see more.

Best of luck on your journey!!!

• Like 2

D- Day No. 1

Anil picked me up from the hotel and drove me to Eugenix around 11 (They sent a 3rd party lab work provider to the hotel room around 8 to do some pending bloodwork and a COVID test for my return trip). Anil and I had a good chat about his HT experience and progress since his surgery 2 years back at Eugenix.

At the clinic, Dr Arika and I had a discussion on the hairline design. Since we had chatted twice over video, it was quick. I asked for a minor change so that the widows peak looked like what I had in the past. She amrked/edited accordingly on my scalp/hairline. After that there was a allergy test for quick anesthesia and the customary pictures BEFORE and AFTEr a partial trim.

Not gonna lie, it wasn't easy seeing my (not so magnificent) locks being trimmed 😀

Onto the Operation Theater where I was made comfortable. There was a large crew there apart from Dr Bansal who made every effort to make me feel comfortable. Anil was also there for a long time and checked/insisted on breaks for stretch, bathroom and lunch!

Overall the surgery was as expected. The most uncomfortable part was the local anesthesia jabs but after those, it was painless! I had opted for the super premium package so Dr Bansal did the design, 100% of slits and 100% of extraction. Was talking to her a little while under the scalpel/punch about hair density, her thought process in picking the right grafts etc...

Since we started late and took breaks, we couldn't do the eitre procedure of 2,589 grafts inn one sitting. Around 8 PM, when the first batch of ~1,400 was firmly in, we called it a day. I was given instructions (Not unlike post op ones) and went to the hotel for some rest and decided to continue this earlier the next day around 9 AM.

D- Day No. 2

The next day, we started as decided at 9 and same process as the day before. And by 3 PM or so, we were fully done. I had planned a three day stay so this meant I had a solid 36 hours AFTER the second part to recuperate.

Was given the meds, post operative care instructions and then dropped of at the hotel! Also, the initial estim,ate was for 2,500 grafts but it eneded up being 2,589. They refused to charge me for it though i was fully expecting to pay! Like I said multiple times, the level of customer service is unparalleled!

Pic 3 - Immediate Post Op after all grafts were implanted

1210129595_ScreenShot2021-07-20at4_19_04PM.thumb.jpg.a647c2bfdc1dacc0720ffd0e459a6b2c.jpg

Edited by rishibostonian
  • Like 2

Day 3

(Or Day 3.5? Who knows with these time zones!)

So, after bidding goodbye to a rained out/flooded Gurgaon, I am finally back in the US. The trip home was uneventful. I was SUPER paranoid about two things; regular saline spray and ensuring the recipient is protected from bumps, direct sun or jealous looks. Which basically meant that even with a flat bed, I didn't sleep a wink the entire 13.5 hours trip back home!

The travel was pretty painless and jet lag is still manageable (4:30 PM now and I landed at 4:30 AM with no sleep)

The recipient and donor areas look good with the redness and swelling reduced. Or maybe lights hitting my sleep deprived eyes differently :D

Pic 4 - Recipient Area

IMG_5176.thumb.jpg.2a47c69f18d0ff52ecd2aae57f70ebea.jpg

• Like 2

Fantastic write up and congratulations to you. So looking forward to seeing your progress over the next year.

Interesting that you opted for the super premium package. At any point in your decision making, did staff at Eugenix try to assure you that the extractions done by technicians were on par with those of Dr. Arika's?

Best- Adam

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 10:45 AM, SLA said:

From where did you fly? Boston- USA?

New York actually. Direct from Newark to Delhi.

What Norwood level are you classified as?

4A-ish I'd say. Had slight retrograde alopecia near the nape and ears as well

Also, are you Caucasian? While we have seen some excellent results Eugenix has produced with Caucasian hair types, it would be great to see more.

No. Asian.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SLA said:

Fantastic write up and congratulations to you. So looking forward to seeing your progress over the next year.

Interesting that you opted for the super premium package. At any point in your decision making, did staff at Eugenix try to assure you that the extractions done by technicians were on par with those of Dr. Arika's?

Best- Adam

Yes, they did and I dont see anything in their multiple results that show otherwise. For me, it was simple. There are already so many variables (Genetics to bumping your head post op) in play so I did the best/maximum I could do to reduce uncertainty...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rishibostonian said:

Yes, they did and I dont see anything in their multiple results that show otherwise. For me, it was simple. There are already so many variables (Genetics to bumping your head post op) in play so I did the best/maximum I could do to reduce uncertainty...

For certain- Makes sense for sure!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MazAB said:

Love the hairline design and looking forward to tracking your progress in the months to come! Was is just hairline or did you have temple peaks done as well? 

Good catch!

Yes. The doctor added some there (~300 grafts) as I had some loss in that area. Primarily to improve the aesthetics of the ew hairline.

• Like 2

Looks good bro! I’m strongly considering Eugenix myself, however I’m having some difficulty getting a response from the representative who quoted me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Donor area = recovering very nicely ! Recipient area = also healing very well 😊

1 hour ago, MazAB said:

You are healing quite nicely. Couldn't see much redness at all in donor or recipient areas. Such clean work, beautifully done by Dr Arika! 

Thanks guys! I thought so too. Fingers crossed!

53 minutes ago, Rmp said:

Looks good bro! I’m strongly considering Eugenix myself, however I’m having some difficulty getting a response from the representative who quoted me.

Seems very uncharacteristic of Eugenix. I can put you in touch with Anil; let me know via PM?

30 minutes ago, rishibostonian said:

Thanks guys! I thought so too. Fingers crossed!

Seems very uncharacteristic of Eugenix. I can put you in touch with Anil; let me know via PM?

Will do - they’ve been great for the most part, but for some reason the guy who reached out hasn’t called the last couple times he said he would.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rmp said:

Will do - they’ve been great for the most part, but for some reason the guy who reached out hasn’t called the last couple times he said he would.

I know that @Abhinay Singh has been on vacation since I've been in touch with him recently. If he is your guy, he's pretty good at responding so my guess is that he's buried and playing catch up.

Edited by MazAB

11 hours ago, MazAB said:

I know that @Abhinay Singh has been on vacation since I've been in touch with him recently. If he is your guy, he's pretty good at responding so my guess is that he's buried and playing catch up.

He's still on vacation but the number (Calls / WhatsApp) is being managed by Suryakant.

20 hours ago, MazAB said:

Nah I’ve been talking to Amandeep - I’ll give it one more go, if I don’t get a call back I’ll hit up one of the other reps.

Eugenix is at the top of my shortlist, they do such good work for how affordable they are.