My Story - 2500~ Grafts with Eugenix

Rbs

On 7/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, rishibostonian said:

New York actually. Direct from Newark to Delhi.

4A-ish I'd say. Had slight retrograde alopecia near the nape and ears as well

No. Asian.

Are you South Asian? I think South Asian hair would probably be more along the lines of Caucasian hair wouldn't it? I think when talking about hair, Asian usually refers to East/SE Asia. 

Just wondering cause your username is Rishi and I've never seen an East/SouthEast Asian with that much hair on the back of their hand man

Day 7 Update - Wash Day!!

So the donor and recipient area had healed pretty nicely as you can see below and finally took a shower as instructed to wash it off.

Pic - Recipient Area Pre-Wash

image.thumb.png.beea4ea89dc26242afab1d424155e495.png

First, I soaked the gauze with lot of saline water and put it on top of the recipent, covering it well and let it remain for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes, I worked in some J&J Baby Shampoo nnicely through the gauze and gently massaged over the gauze. And let it soak for 30 minutes. And kept spraying the saline to keep it nice and moist.

This helped soften the scabs pretty thoroughly. And then, I took of the gauze ad started a very soft massage with light touch of the scab, again with generous amounnt of shampoo.

I realized it helps if you are standing in front of a mirror and doing it as the area is still numb so you cant really control pressure via the feeling. Looking at your fingers really helped.

I EVER used nails or any kind of scratching motion to dislodge the scabs. Just genttly working in and moving. This was good enough for most of the scabs and they were coming off well.

Then, I washed off gently with a cup all the shampoo and scabs. Letting water carry or dislodge any that were loose. I used distilled water (2 gals) for this instead of tap water.

Thankfully, I could not see ANY hairs (or grafts!) in the sink! Phew!

As you can see in the picture, ALL the scabs on my temples came off but only about 50-60% did on the front. Which was fine by me. Plan to be try this again tomorrow.

Pic - Recipient Area Post-Wash

image.thumb.png.67f5767d0a999b5e17251eb395ee9881.png

image.thumb.png.d685d91e8152e1fd46b6d9fdaa24ad69.png

There seems to be no redness in the recipient areas and even the donor seems to have healed well. Esp, was amazed at how well the sideburns had healed!

Pic - Recipient Area Post-Op DAY 1

image.thumb.png.c01983903bdfab7df8680d26f5a9356f.png

Pic - Recipient Area Post-Op DAY 8

image.thumb.png.a4724415f9638ee7af973505639c8219.png

A quick Day 15 update. No major shedding yet, Washing alternate days with Johnson's baby shampoo and distilled water. I did see 20-30 hairs today (No roots, thankfully) Looks like I am easing into the dreaded ugly duckling phase...

Current Regime (From Day 8 onwards

• Finasteride 1 Mg per day
  • Hairburst Supplement with Zinc, Biotin ad other good stuff
  • Collagen Supplement
  • Protein Supplement (On days when i feel my intake is low)
  • Good diet with lot of leafy vegetables for Zinc

The donor area is a little sensitve in some places. And the recipient still feels numb overall; guess it's par for the course for Day 15?

image.thumb.png.2b25818dbf9c17109e1a5995ef39cad6.png

Edited by rishibostonian
  • Like 3

Just now, MazAB said:

Wow! Can't even tell you've had a procedure done. Looks amazing at 14 days! Is the donor area in great shape as well?

Thanks. Yeah, I feel like that as well. The great plus is that whoever seen me (On video as I am working remote still) thought I was rocking a summer cut. Plan to keep buzzing it close till month 5

Donor seems pretty well healed with some areas still sore/raw. I buzzed (just the donor) it close to see if there's any visible scarring but looks like it's pretty good. See for yourself (RED is recipient and Green Donor)

image.thumb.png.9e28834664002baded1d6e3d818e11a6.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Day 30 Update

As much as you  read and hear about shedding and ugly duckling phase, it's a sucker punch to the gut when you see it happen in front of your eyes. As you ca see in the pic; there is widespread shedding and loss already. The front  and hairline seem decimated mostly though the temples and sides are not too bad. Wanted to check with the great folks here:

1. Is this level of shedding OK? Does the extent and early onset of shedding impact results?

2. More importantly, the front left (right on photograph) there seems to clumps of high density hair which seems to have remained. Is that normal? Seems like the density there is higher from the beginning; guess it was planned?

In any cse, looks bad so planning to buzz down with a 3mm guard after checking with the doctor.

1494094098_Collageof1-15-30.thumb.jpg.0e0a473f9b9c503bf1c33e71d73ed1a3.jpg

Regime stays the same

1. Wash with nizoral every three days
  2. Wash with gentle shampoo or filtered water on sweating or after going out
  3. No workouts; walks and usually at dusk; always with a loose cap
  4. Lots of water (128 Oz)
  5. Hair Burst Gummies every day
  6. Collagen supplement every day
  7. Protein Supplement Every Day
  8. Protein rich diet with lots of veggies

It's time for the great watch to begin...

Edited by rishibostonian
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Day 45 Update

Nothing much to report other than that I am counting days till this ugly duckling phase is over. It FEELS like no new transplanted grafts have shed. I did a 3mm trim with scissors and guard after 30 day; in case anyone is wondering why hair hasn't grown longer...

Apologies for the glare in the latest pics; I think I might have to invest in professional equipment :D

Collage 2.jpg

Edited by rishibostonian
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2 Month Update

1. Looks like shedding has stopped and hairline has kinda stabilized but I have no idea if that's good or bad :DIs it better if all the transplanted hairs shed and they grow fresh strong? Or less shedding the better?
  2. I am continuing the same regime; 1 g Fin daily, Nizoral 3 times week, hairburst vitamins, healthy protein rich diet
  3. I see some tiny hairs sprouting in the transplanted area. Or long hair that broke off?
  4. I feel like there is some shock loss in the donor area.

image.thumb.png.8917d611dee96d02d623af971a9edfcf.png

image.thumb.png.ae12072f81d3335946e3548e5f329e62.png

image.thumb.png.094e01eed5ed4b6089eb0633ea787d7a.png

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
36 minutes ago, rishibostonian said:

2 Month Update

1. Looks like shedding has stopped and hairline has kinda stabilized but I have no idea if that's good or bad :DIs it better if all the transplanted hairs shed and they grow fresh strong? Or less shedding the better?
  2. I am continuing the same regime; 1 g Fin daily, Nizoral 3 times week, hairburst vitamins, healthy protein rich diet
  3. I see some tiny hairs sprouting in the transplanted area. Or long hair that broke off?
  4. I feel like there is some shock loss in the donor area.

image.thumb.png.8917d611dee96d02d623af971a9edfcf.png

image.thumb.png.ae12072f81d3335946e3548e5f329e62.png

image.thumb.png.094e01eed5ed4b6089eb0633ea787d7a.png

I don't know that there's any particular advantage or disadvantage growth-wise for shedding vs non-shedding. Less shedding has in your case somewhat meant you've skipped over much of the ugly duckling phase though! Things look good at this stage.

Do you have any photos of the donor area?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

I don't know that there's any particular advantage or disadvantage growth-wise for shedding vs non-shedding. Less shedding has in your case somewhat meant you've skipped over much of the ugly duckling phase though! Things look good at this stage.

Do you have any photos of the donor area?

thanks, man. Here's the donor area(s)

image.thumb.png.a0edd20cf1f36b1b6383fbaed05d6543.png

image.png.a3ab64ea6f32a68144afe5301648e237.png

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

To be hones the back looks fine and will hopefully thicken up a bit more over time. I'd never have noticed without it being pointed out and neither will anyone else.

The side profile is a little more sparse but not unnaturally so. I wouldn't consider it anything to worry about but if it is a bit of shock loss and it recovers over time then happy days! Some creative barber work would probably leave it completely undetectable to 99% of people as it is.

• Like 1

Things are looking great! Scalp condition looks perfect and yes, you are definitely in the growth phase even this early on. The way I remember it explained to me was that each graft will take on a mind of its own. Most graft will shed and go into Telogen phase and rest for up to 100 days, plus or minus. Some will shed but will enter into Catagen phase and start to regrow within a few weeks. Others grafts transplanted will like there new home and never leave the growth phase or Anagen phase and will just continue to grow and thrive moving forward. Great news for you that you have more grafts that never changed out of Anagen, and definitely more hairs in Catagen. This is the best scenario for you as you have basically skipped right over your ugly phase and look completely normal. Essentially you look like a diffused thinner that is gradually getting his hair back. Happy for you brother!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Berba11 said:

To be hones the back looks fine and will hopefully thicken up a bit more over time. I'd never have noticed without it being pointed out and neither will anyone else.

The side profile is a little more sparse but not unnaturally so. I wouldn't consider it anything to worry about but if it is a bit of shock loss and it recovers over time then happy days! Some creative barber work would probably leave it completely undetectable to 99% of people as it is.

Agreed. However, the sides were a little sparse to begin with. So I am sure that has something to do with it.

On the creative barber work, I did a 3mm fade on the sides 9and sides only...boy, were you right! It looks so much better now :)

19 hours ago, MazAB said:

Things are looking great! Scalp condition looks perfect and yes, you are definitely in the growth phase even this early on. The way I remember it explained to me was that each graft will take on a mind of its own. Most graft will shed and go into Telogen phase and rest for up to 100 days, plus or minus. Some will shed but will enter into Catagen phase and start to regrow within a few weeks. Others grafts transplanted will like there new home and never leave the growth phase or Anagen phase and will just continue to grow and thrive moving forward. Great news for you that you have more grafts that never changed out of Anagen, and definitely more hairs in Catagen. This is the best scenario for you as you have basically skipped right over your ugly phase and look completely normal. Essentially you look like a diffused thinner that is gradually getting his hair back. Happy for you brother!

Cheers, brother! Thank you for the reassurance...Your comment (and all other comments) made my day!1

Edited by rishibostonian

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, rishibostonian said:

Agreed. However, the sides were a little sparse to begin with. So I am sure that has something to do with it.

On the creative barber work, I did a 3mm fade on the sides 9and sides only...boy, were you right! It looks so much better now :)

Yes I did wonder if you were a little sparse on the sides to begin with. Either way it looks quite ok to me!

Would be cool to see how it looks now you've trimmed them down if a picture isn't too much trouble!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Yes I did wonder if you were a little sparse on the sides to begin with. Either way it looks quite ok to me!

Would be cool to see how it looks now you've trimmed them down if a picture isn't too much trouble!

sure, here you go!

image.png.9e551fea2db62943facd0c33f5bad28e.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

3 Month Update

Will have to be a quick one as I dont have the detailed pics like last time. Looks like things are progressing well. There's definite improvement over Month 2.

Only concern is that the right side is much sparser than the left temple area. Hoping that it will even out in next few months...

image.thumb.png.e4d9163fafff44f59a658796ad38ff7a.png

image.thumb.png.f4beef697fa6b8062ae364b76f09c12e.png

image.thumb.png.3ce7eace7727633a231d65fb013783a0.png

image.thumb.png.31ccfeb7c04f2ba98b6b0605fb9388be.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

Still very early days, it's coming along as expected at month three.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.