My Story - 2500~ Grafts with Eugenix

Rbs

It's all going to even out my friend. Progressing nicely! You could probably get away with hair fibers at this point, or just continue with the diffused thinning look. Can't go wrong either way!😉

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

I'm super impressed already at this very early stage @Rbs. I love the hairline design, the uniformity of your donor, etc. Your hair color is perfect in my opinion to add even more to an incredibly natural result. This is going to be a home run and I look forward to your future updates in the month to come. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MazAB said:

It's all going to even out my friend. Progressing nicely! You could probably get away with hair fibers at this point, or just continue with the diffused thinning look. Can't go wrong either way!😉

Not really comfortable with fibers so gonna stuck with this diffused look :D

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 Month Update

I took a break from overly analyzing and comparing for a few months as I thought that's the best course of action to avoid unncessary stress and anxiety. Which worked really well. Did some travel (finally) and had aa chilled out december.

And...looks like it worked. Here's how the hair looks at 6 months mark!

image.thumb.png.3bde13ae6cf3f7b201448e35bdec3709.png

At this stage, I don't think the hairline crafting skills of Eugenix needs any more praise but whatever you've seen and heard doesn't do justice to actually feeling it on your own head!

Here's the side view which also proves another point TRUST the Dr when they want to do your temple points! The difference is astounding; the way it frames your face and knocks 5 years off!

image.thumb.png.cf6b815b84f187c44d3e4ffbbbc06778.png

image.thumb.png.57a82127e190ad9f8ab3d7ca59575318.png

image.thumb.png.dba5a10ed7c76340e0e286e6246b4802.png

image.thumb.png.45a78e1e26381a1d942498ae1d38236e.png

image.thumb.png.d1cfa230b33e74eeb6c9eb1008f126c5.png

Now the not so great part and concerns:

1. Right side hairline density is still low. I doubt it's gonna improve much and the disparity will stay. Hopefully, it gets to a stage where I can part on right instead of the left

2. Shock-loss on both sides in donor area is alarming. Looks like there's been no improvement. Is it common for it to last 6 months?

3. Not directly related to surgery but despite 5.5 months of finasteride, not only has there been no improvement in my crown area but looks like it's worsened?

• Like 2

Looks AMAZING.

Finasteride can take 6+ months to show any results and sometimes there is shedding that precedes this...so it could actually be a good sign (?).

As for donor shock, I do not have experience, but I am sure other members can comment. Did you ask the clinic?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SLA said:

Looks AMAZING.

Finasteride can take 6+ months to show any results and sometimes there is shedding that precedes this...so it could actually be a good sign (?).

As for donor shock, I do not have experience, but I am sure other members can comment. Did you ask the clinic?

Your words never cease to bring me joy and hope! Thank you! :D

• Like 1

@Rbs Love the results so far! Without question you have more maturity to go. The crown is almost always the lager of any early progress, but I'd expect improvement there in the coming months. Temples look so good, so realistic! Like you said, frames your face and knocks off a bunch of years for sure. Temples are everything in a procedure as far as I'm concerned and I could not be happier with how mine came out as well. I have low density as well on the left side compared to the right, so I know how you feel. I'm still a couple of months behind you, but I still feel like from what I've seen, the maturity from month 6 to 8 tends to be months where things start to even off. Fingers crossed for you on that point.🤞 With everything else though, what a killer result so far!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 2

Just as a transplant takes around 12 months, give Finasteride about 12 months too and see how you go. However, the crown is the most stubborn area for regrowth. You could try adding Minoxodil into the treatment options for the crown to help and just use it for that area if you want. 

On 1/28/2022 at 10:52 PM, MazAB said:

I still feel like from what I've seen, the maturity from month 6 to 8 tends to be months where things start to even off. Fingers crossed for you on that point.

@RbsI second this. By the time you hit month 8, there is so much growth that you will stop caring about the hairline altogether  and any growth after this is just icing on the cake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, Rbs said:

6 Month Update

I took a break from overly analyzing and comparing for a few months as I thought that's the best course of action to avoid unncessary stress and anxiety. Which worked really well. Did some travel (finally) and had aa chilled out december.

And...looks like it worked. Here's how the hair looks at 6 months mark!

image.thumb.png.3bde13ae6cf3f7b201448e35bdec3709.png

At this stage, I don't think the hairline crafting skills of Eugenix needs any more praise but whatever you've seen and heard doesn't do justice to actually feeling it on your own head!

Here's the side view which also proves another point TRUST the Dr when they want to do your temple points! The difference is astounding; the way it frames your face and knocks 5 years off!

image.thumb.png.cf6b815b84f187c44d3e4ffbbbc06778.png

image.thumb.png.57a82127e190ad9f8ab3d7ca59575318.png

image.thumb.png.dba5a10ed7c76340e0e286e6246b4802.png

image.thumb.png.45a78e1e26381a1d942498ae1d38236e.png

image.thumb.png.d1cfa230b33e74eeb6c9eb1008f126c5.png

Now the not so great part and concerns:

1. Right side hairline density is still low. I doubt it's gonna improve much and the disparity will stay. Hopefully, it gets to a stage where I can part on right instead of the left

2. Shock-loss on both sides in donor area is alarming. Looks like there's been no improvement. Is it common for it to last 6 months?

3. Not directly related to surgery but despite 5.5 months of finasteride, not only has there been no improvement in my crown area but looks like it's worsened?

the recipient looks really good but the donor still looks noticeably less dense compared to the rest of your hair i think it is shock loss but also strange to have shock loss for longer than 6 months does anyone here have experience of donor taking longer than 6 months to recover ?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, mmokin said:

the recipient looks really good but the donor still looks noticeably less dense compared to the rest of your hair i think it is shock loss but also strange to have shock loss for longer than 6 months does anyone here have experience of donor taking longer than 6 months to recover ?

My telogen effluvium, which also a form of shock loss due to some trauma, lasted for 6 months. Considering donor hair effluvium is something similar I wouldn't be too surprised if it continues for 6 months. However, he should start recovering from now and the shocked out hair should catch up to the existing hair within two months.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, Zinedine said:

Wow!!! Eugenix is rocking! What a result! What a comeback from 3 months to 6 months, home run! 

Incredible result for just 6 months... could your update? Thanks for sharing!!!

On 3/1/2022 at 7:15 AM, Goat said:

update?

All good folks except for the relatively low density on my right side. WIll post some pics soon...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the 8 months update. All good and progressing well. I am extremely happy with the growth so far and density has improved quite a bit. The right side seems thinner (Something that concerned me from Day 1) and will wait till the statutory 18 months before I push the panic button. Of course, the kind folks at Eugenix have been informed as well.

The hairline is still solid; the odd strand here and there gives it a diffused natural look...

image.png.0a9b0e80543b8a20c1b44850fe51986a.png

Left side and temple are still amazong. Kinda changed my look for the better with that framing and contouring...I believe EVERYONE should go for temple point adjustments. Period.

image.png.1cb0b30509ac7592d53cbdc7e2a00503.png

Donor area is healthy but I am concerned about the patchiness as you can see below. These look like a combination of shock loss (After 8 months??) and diffused hair loss. Hoping Fin has/will help.

image.png.ec0f77f07c4c98214e3965f29a7d5547.png

Right side / Area of concern. The temple points are fine but the density is still a problem

image.png.26a967548b2c6cfc444c15a665755431.png

image.png.f7e76fe604e434579123cfe77d2b61e5.png

The biggest update would be the improvement in the crown area! I think Fin effects have kicked in well and truly (Along with other parts of my daily regime) and I couldn't be happier...See for yourself below 4/6/8 month progress...

1130421905_WhatsAppImage2022-03-22at3_39_15PM.thumb.jpeg.2f818a146ff098f8942f490ab0ba2022.jpeg

• Like 3