Finally did it !! 3112 grafts- Eugenix, New Delhi, India(NO FINASTERIDE)

4 month update:

Exact 4 months today and if I am honest, its been very hard because growth has been really slow.

Most of my grafts were triples and my back and sides grow really fast and are very dense.

Next 2 months will be crucial and I am really hoping the things will pick up from here.

If you look at the pictures, frontal part has big gaps and no sign of hair at the moment. Same is with the left temple. Shot taken from side angle looks better in the pictures.

Here is my daily routine from past one month

1) Hair vitamins

2) Head massage with Avacado oil with few drops of rosemary oil

I have added this recently to my routine. All research done on internet as no harm in trying it if it helps with the growth.

1) Cold shower on head

2)Using rice water on head at the end of shower. Leave on for 5 mins before rinsing

3) Hanging upside down for 3 minx so blood rushes to head

4) 2x MSM tablets

Apart from the above, I eat daily min 120gm protein, greens such as spinach or broccoli and do exercise like cardio and light weight lifting. Drink 3 litre of water as well.

Had a video call with Dr Sethi and he advised to be patient for next two months.

Time will tell how things pan out. Stay safe everyone !!

Pictures attached !!

Your suggestions or any advise will be appreciated. 

AirBrush_20200422234821.jpg

PSX_20200422_234648.jpg

PSX_20200422_234449.jpg

8 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

4 month update:

Exact 4 months today and if I am honest, its been very hard because growth has been really slow.

Most of my grafts were triples and my back and sides grow really fast and are very dense.

Next 2 months will be crucial and I am really hoping the things will pick up from here.

If you look at the pictures, frontal part has big gaps and no sign of hair at the moment. Same is with the left temple. Shot taken from side angle looks better in the pictures.

1) Hair vitamins

I have added this recently to my routine. All research done on internet as no harm in trying it if it helps with the growth.

1) Cold shower on head

2)Using rice water on head at the end of shower. Leave on for 5 mins before rinsing

4) 2x MSM tablets

Apart from the above, I eat daily min 120gm protein, greens such as spinach or broccoli and do exercise like cardio and light weight lifting. Drink 3 litre of water as well.

Had a video call with Dr Sethi and he advised to be patient for next two months.

Pictures attached !!

PSX_20200422_234648.jpg

PSX_20200422_234449.jpg

I think this is one of the slower results from Eugenix that we’ve seen. That is probably because we’re used to seeing patients getting really good results consistently quicker than other clinics. However, when compared to overall timelines, 4 months is still fairly early I think so there is probably still no need to worry at this point.

Did Dr Sethi say why it might be taking a little longer or what parameters determine how long a result would take.

Also, do you see any differences between the 3rd and 4th months. From the pictures it is a little hard but looks like not much has changed.

By the way, your regimen seems spot on.👍 hope you start seeing some changes fairly quick now.

• Like 1

Hey Bud

I think @Pyrat summed it up perfectly well.. id say if you sat 100 former HT clients down and asked them to give you an honest one word answer to what is the overall most challenging part of the entire process.... The vast vast majority would say without  flinching.... The waiting!!

One Dr I had a consultation with in Ireland last year advised that he doesn't properly appraise progress  until at east 10 months..

As you know I was at Eugenix same  time as you having my procedure done.. While I'm a little faster growing than you are at this stage there is no getting away from the fact that we will both end up at the same end game around 10 to 12 months.. Perhaps even up to 18 months.... There's that "waiting game" again 😭

I've seen your immediate post op live with my own eyes on the day you were leaving clinic.  I think envious isn't too strong a word to use as to the procedure you'd just had... (cleanliness of the work /hairline design /temple points etc..) 

Your grafts are just having a lil Sunday morning lie in... They'll be jumping in the shower any moment now 

Stick with the regime 👍

Z

Edited by Zoomster
Update
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pyrat said:

I think this is one of the slower results from Eugenix that we’ve seen. That is probably because we’re used to seeing patients getting really good results consistently quicker than other clinics. However, when compared to overall timelines, 4 months is still fairly early I think so there is probably still no need to worry at this point.

Did Dr Sethi say why it might be taking a little longer or what parameters determine how long a result would take.

Also, do you see any differences between the 3rd and 4th months. From the pictures it is a little hard but looks like not much has changed.

By the way, your regimen seems spot on.👍 hope you start seeing some changes fairly quick now.

Hey mate. Sitting tight for another month and hoping things will improve.

Dr Sethi said that things are on slower side and everyone is different. Told to wait for another 2 months.

No, there is no difference in 3rd and 4th month.

I am a little worried as my growth normally would be really fast on top ,back and sides. I had to get haircut fairly quickly all the time.

Lets see what happens in Month 5.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Hey Bud

I think @Pyrat summed it up perfectly well.. id say if you sat 100 former HT clients down and asked them to give you an honest one word answer to what is the overall most challenging part of the entire process.... The vast vast majority would say without  flinching.... The waiting!!

One Dr I had a consultation with in Ireland last year advised that he doesn't properly appraise progress  until at east 10 months..

As you know I was at Eugenix same  time as you having my procedure done.. While I'm a little faster growing than you are at this stage there is no getting away from the fact that we will both end up at the same end game around 10 to 12 months.. Perhaps even up to 18 months.... There's that "waiting game" again 😭

I've seen your immediate post op live with my own eyes on the day you were leaving clinic.  I think envious isn't too strong a word to use as to the procedure you'd just had... (cleanliness of the work /hairline design /temple points etc..) 

Your grafts are just having a lil Sunday morning lie in... They'll be jumping in the shower any moment now 

Stick with the regime 👍

Z

Thanks bud. Yes, really hope the grafts will pop out soon. Waiting is the worst thing and specially when its slow.

Will keep you posted. Cheers

Great summary by @Pyrat and @Zoomster .   You have made a big effort with your daily routine which is a great commitment to the cause. 

If one can at all stay away from the mirror and taking photos every day as the more we focus on it and not much is happening one can become anxious and stressed and this can be counter productive.  I know it's easier said than done. It's at 12 months or thereabouts is a good time to know to a good degree how ones result will be so it's still very early on the journey to be concerned. 

The growth will happen soon don't worry about that, everybody grows at their own pace. Best wishes and looking forward to good growth for you in the next 2 or 3 months. Sit tight.

Paddy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Great summary by @Pyrat and @Zoomster .   You have made a big effort with your daily routine which is a great commitment to the cause. 

If one can at all stay away from the mirror and taking photos every day as the more we focus on it and not much is happening one can become anxious and stressed and this can be counter productive.  I know it's easier said than done. It's at 12 months or thereabouts is a good time to know to a good degree how ones result will be so it's still very early on the journey to be concerned. 

The growth will happen soon don't worry about that, everybody grows at their own pace. Best wishes and looking forward to good growth for you in the next 2 or 3 months. Sit tight.

Paddy.

Thanks Paddy. I am positive it will grow. Have a good weekend

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 4:34 AM, Looking for HT said:

4 month update:

1) Hair vitamins

1) Cold shower on head

4) 2x MSM tablets

Pictures attached !!

PSX_20200422_234648.jpg

PSX_20200422_234449.jpg

Hi mate , I am following your journey too, you have chosen the best in the country with 100% success rate..so just be patient ,you are on track , just be patient.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 2:20 PM, nishchd said:

Hi mate , I am following your journey too, you have chosen the best in the country with 100% success rate..so just be patient ,you are on track , just be patient.

Thanks mate. All the best to you too. Did you not consider Eugenix yourself?

16 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

Thanks mate. All the best to you too. Did you not consider Eugenix yourself?

Yes I did consider Eugenix but It was way out my budget, they quoted me Rs3 lakhs for 3000 grafts whereas I had 3800 grafts+2 PRPs in Rs.90000. I know I didn't go to the best but I didn't go the worst also. In India Cheaper rates not always mean bad quality ..you just need to research a little. I did my research and I think I went to a good doctor and I my experience was great TBH and at 3.5 months I am already at a better position than before. If I get good results that would be a win win for me.

16 minutes ago, nishchd said:

Yes I did consider Eugenix but It was way out my budget, they quoted me Rs3 lakhs for 3000 grafts whereas I had 3800 grafts+2 PRPs in Rs.90000. I know I didn't go to the best but I didn't go the worst also. In India Cheaper rates not always mean bad quality ..you just need to research a little. I did my research and I think I went to a good doctor and I my experience was great TBH and at 3.5 months I am already at a better position than before. If I get good results that would be a win win for me.

Hey mate. Yes, of course. I am glad everything turned out well and hope you get good results and specially what you have paid :) Surely a win win situation for you.

Sitting tight myself for another 23 days before I give my month 5 update. 

As per Eugenix, I am on the slow side so hopefully new hair will pop out where there are gaps right now.

Cheers

Edited by Looking for HT

14 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey mate. Yes, of course. I am glad everything turned out well and hope you get good results and specially what you have paid :) Surely a win win situation for you.

Sitting tight myself for another 23 days before I give my month 5 update. 

As per Eugenix, I am on the slow side so hopefully new hair will pop out where there are gaps right now.

Cheers

Do you think is this because you aren't taking meds like Finasteride, Minoxidil etc. ?

I might be wrong but what I have seen in Eugenix youtube videos that almost every patient is on Fin post op and within 4-5 months they have almost head full of hair !

Not sure if you stop these Meds hair growth will be effected !!

2 hours ago, mitts said:

Do you think is this because you aren't taking meds like Finasteride, Minoxidil etc. ?

I might be wrong but what I have seen in Eugenix youtube videos that almost every patient is on Fin post op and within 4-5 months they have almost head full of hair !

Not sure if you stop these Meds hair growth will be effected !!

Yes, you might be right. Meds surely play a big part as per my experience and the growth I am experiencing. 

Also, any clinic that showcases the superb growth in 4-5 months is only taken from brilliant early results which can create a lot of confusion and some may feel disheartening if they start doing the comparison.

However, mine is a case that can be followed by people who doesnt want to be on meds and what to expect. The truth is the mostly may fall in my category but this is not what any clinic would showcase on the forefront. 

Think we need to have a thread separate for only slow growers with no meds😀

Said that, I have a hope and you can follow my progress. I want to give another 1.5 month and see what happens.

Eugenix is following my progress too and I am in touch with Dr Sethi as well who have advised to keep positive for another 1.5 month.

Edited by Looking for HT

4 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

Yes, you might be right. Meds surely play a big part as per my experience and the growth I am experiencing. 

Also, any clinic that showcases the superb growth in 4-5 months is only taken from brilliant early results which can create a lot of confusion and some may feel disheartening if they start doing the comparison.

However, mine is a case that can be followed by people who doesnt want to be on meds and what to expect. The truth is the mostly may fall in my category but this is not what any clinic would showcase on the forefront. 

Think we need to have a thread separate for only slow growers with no meds😀

Said that, I have a hope and you can follow my progress. I want to give another 1.5 month and see what happens.

Eugenix is following my progress too and I am in touch with Dr Sethi as well who have advised to keep positive for another 1.5 month.

Exactly, we mostly set ourselves up with unrealistic expectations due to some amazing results and early results.

Gotta blame people like @paddyirishman and @Zoomster for this. I kid of course. 😁😁

Having said that, do you see any action in the last couple of weeks and since your last update.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pyrat said:

Exactly, we mostly set ourselves up with unrealistic expectations due to some amazing results and early results.

Gotta blame people like @paddyirishman and @Zoomster for this. I kid of course. 😁😁

Having said that, do you see any action in the last couple of weeks and since your last update.

Think we start comparing and thats the biggest mistake :) However, I made some good friends including Zoomster and Paddy and I am very excited for them :)

My last pictures were taken on April 22nd so its only 8 days gone. In these past days, I have let my hair grow longer on the top and frontal. This has led to an illusion of little density.

However, when my wife looks closely, she only sees very few new hair. But these very few are giving me hope.

If you go back to my post about temples post op, I had mentioned about the difference between left and right and this is showing ip now more and more. Left temple has an empty patch.

This is where I am right now but think ill post picture on 22nd May so you can see the difference if any.

I am positive and hopeful and apologies if I sound negative but only trying to give a picture about current growth :)

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Looking for HT said:

Think we start comparing and thats the biggest mistake :) However, I made some good friends including Zoomster and Paddy and I am very excited for them :)

My last pictures were taken on April 22nd so its only 8 days gone. In these past days, I have let my hair grow longer on the top and frontal. This has led to an illusion of little density.

However, when my wife looks closely, she only sees very few new hair. But these very few are giving me hope.

If you go back to my post about temples post op, I had mentioned about the difference between left and right and this is showing ip now more and more. Left temple has an empty patch.

This is where I am right now but think ill post picture on 22nd May so you can see the difference if any.

I am positive and hopeful and apologies if I sound negative but only trying to give a picture about current growth :)

Cheers

Thanks for responding so quickly. I remember the post about singles vs doubles used on each of the temples. Hopefully, they even out as the doctor suggested.

Do you take any other medication or have low blood haemoglobin, I remember  reading somewhere that having low harmoglobin is not conducive to hair growth.

4 minutes ago, Pyrat said:

Thanks for responding so quickly. I remember the post about singles vs doubles used on each of the temples. Hopefully, they even out as the doctor suggested.

Do you take any other medication or have low blood haemoglobin, I remember  reading somewhere that having low harmoglobin is not conducive to hair growth.

No worries mate. Yes, maybe if it grows fully in 12 months.

I get full health check at work twice a year. Perfectly healthy. Touchwood. I am also a personal trainer so exercise 5-6 times a week.

I dont take any medication.

Only taking vitamins that I wrote in my post for hair.

Haemoglobin is where it should be thankfully. 

I am curious to see the difference myself this 22nd. Will keep you posted 😀

• Thanks 1

4 month and 10 days

I could not wait and wanted to post this so great minds on this forum can give their honest opinion.

I started the hair to let grow so greater density might be an illusion. Taken pictures from far and looks much better and close ups are in bright light 😃

Will appreciate the honest opinion or is it still too early.

Thank you

AirBrush_20200502204710.jpg

AirBrush_20200502204552.jpg

AirBrush_20200502204310.jpg

AirBrush_20200502204235.jpg

AirBrush_20200502204140.jpg

AirBrush_20200502201006.jpg

AirBrush_20200502200711.jpg

AirBrush_20200502200515.jpg

Edited by Looking for HT
  • Like 2

Don’t worry, I looked thin all 3 times at the fourth month mark! And being this is your first transplant it’s the worst around 3-4 months.Then growth starts catching up and you should start seeing a better picture around 6-7 month mark. I have seen some amazing videos from that clinic that’s for sure!

8 hours ago, Guy73 said:

Don’t worry, I looked thin all 3 times at the fourth month mark! And being this is your first transplant it’s the worst around 3-4 months.Then growth starts catching up and you should start seeing a better picture around 6-7 month mark. I have seen some amazing videos from that clinic that’s for sure!

Thanks mate. I am defo on the slow side but positive. My left temple is so different than the right. Hopefully it will fill. Ill be 5 months on May 22.

By the way, You have mind blowing results😃👌👌

• Administrators

The outline is there, just need to wait for the hairs to grow more. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.