Finally did it !! 3112 grafts- Eugenix, New Delhi, India(NO FINASTERIDE)

18 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You're right in the middle of the ugly duckling period. It sucks, trust me I have been through it. Remain patient. Your write-up was awesome, and the concealer part is going to help so many you have no idea. 

Thanks Melvin. Not a great sight to look in the mirror haha.... With the corona virus pandemic,  I have been asked to work from home. So not using any concealers from past 7 days and wont be for another week. Its good to leave scalp free from everything for a bit. But yes, concealers are my best friend if I have to go to work :)

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Fluffhead said:

Looking good, man. I am a little less than a month behind you. Your growth should start taking off any day now. Your temple points are going to look great.

Thanks mate. Things are a bit slow as on zero medication.  Hopefully things will pick up. Just saw your journey. Your growth looks amazing :)

Edited by Looking for HT

you can see its just about to explode bud

Jeez properly done temple points really add youth to the mix.. They were off the table for me unfortunately... Being NW 6/7..

Killer result awaits you very  soon man!! 

Z

2 hours ago, Zoomster said:

you can see its just about to explode bud

Jeez properly done temple points really add youth to the mix.. They were off the table for me unfortunately... Being NW 6/7..

Killer result awaits you very  soon man!! 

Z

Fingers crossed bud. Thanks. Your growth is absolutely amazing so far. Massive difference in before and after 😄 

@Looking for HT the outline of your hairline is back and looking good. It will improve further in the coming months ahead for sure. You doner is still a little red and will gradually fade in the coming months ahead. Your doner still has good density also so overall you are in a great position now and a lot to look forward to.

Paddy

54 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

@Looking for HT the outline of your hairline is back and looking good. It will improve further in the coming months ahead for sure. You doner is still a little red and will gradually fade in the coming months ahead. Your doner still has good density also so overall you are in a great position now and a lot to look forward to.

Paddy

Thanks bud. I hope so too. Goodluck to you too. Your growth looks great so far🙏

• Like 1

@Looking for HT: Your last update looks really good. It might just be me but you could somewhat see the hair under the skin in some of the pictures, specially the temples. Donor still looks a little bit patchy and red but based on everything I’ve read, that should subside as well.

The next week or 2 weeks should be exciting times.

4 hours ago, Pyrat said:

@Looking for HT: Your last update looks really good. It might just be me but you could somewhat see the hair under the skin in some of the pictures, specially the temples. Donor still looks a little bit patchy and red but based on everything I’ve read, that should subside as well.

The next week or 2 weeks should be exciting times.

Thanks mate.If I look at temples closely, I see tiny baby hair. Hope its the sign of first growth :)

Yeah, donor is somewhat still a bit red and patchy. Lets see if this changes in next few months. Will keep everyone posted.

• Administrators

Thanks for keeping us updated, once growth starts, you’ll look back at these photos with amazement.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for keeping us updated, once growth starts, you’ll look back at these photos with amazement.

@Melvin-Moderator Pinging you as you might be the best person to ask this.

4 months now and growth is not where one would want to be. This could be purely that I am on zero medication other than taking vitamins, massaging etc.

Do you recommend to start using Minoxidil,  just on the recipient area. Would this result in shedding of whatever has grown so far and bringing me back to square one?

Your advise would be much appreciated.  Thanks

20200417_142125.jpg

20200417_142135.jpg

20200417_142148.jpg

Edited by Looking for HT

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Looking for HT said:

@Melvin-Moderator Pinging you as you might be the best person to ask this.

4 months now and growth is not where one would want to be. This coukd be purely that I am on zero medication other than taking vitamins, massaging etc.

Do you recommend to start using Minoxidil,  just on the recipient area. Would this result in shedding of whatever has grown so far and bringing me back to square one?

Your advise would be much appreciated.  Thanks

4 months is very early, you can start minoxidil, but make sure to check with Dr. Arika and Dr.Pradeep. You can also incorporate rice water. I’ve heard good things about it’s affects in hair growth. Look it up. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

4 months is very early, you can start minoxidil, but make sure to check with Dr. Arika and Dr.Pradeep. You can also incorporate rice water. I’ve heard good things about it’s affects in hair growth. Look it up. 

Thanks for quick response Melvin. Dr Pradeep said its ok to use and will speed up the growth and there will be no shedding in the recipient area at this stage.

However,  I have read that there will be shedding so not sure what is the right way to move forward.

I will check rice water and how it can be effective. 

Thanks

• Administrators
Just now, Looking for HT said:

Thanks for quick response Melvin. Dr Pradeep said its ok to use and will speed up the growth and there will be no shedding in the recipient area at this stage.

However,  I have read that there will be shedding so not sure what is the right way to move forward.

I will check rice water and how it can be effective. 

Thanks

The minoxidil shed is real, but it’s a sign that it’s working. It clears up after a few months, so it’s not a problem, as long as you stick with it.

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The minoxidil shed is real, but it’s a sign that it’s working. It clears up after a few months, so it’s not a problem, as long as you stick with it.

Not sure if Dr P misunderstood me as he said there will be no shedding in transplanted area if I use Minoxidil. 

I certainly dont want to use if whatever growth I have in past 4 months will shed.

Thanks again

I believe doctor meant should be no more shedding with the recipient/transplanted  areas but I think minoxidil sheds are normal.. I have stopped shedding but I started minoxidil lately and I believe that’s what causing the new sheddings. I’m ok with it because once it starts growing it’ll all come back.

I wanted to ask if you had prp or A-cells amino with your procedure? I want to say patients that have those injections seem to have hair come in earlier ? Of course it’s just a guess but In watching many videos I kind of want to believe that it works.

happy growing and everything looks good

3 hours ago, Cahustler said:

I believe doctor meant should be no more shedding with the recipient/transplanted  areas but I think minoxidil sheds are normal.. I have stopped shedding but I started minoxidil lately and I believe that’s what causing the new sheddings. I’m ok with it because once it starts growing it’ll all come back.

I wanted to ask if you had prp or A-cells amino with your procedure? I want to say patients that have those injections seem to have hair come in earlier ? Of course it’s just a guess but In watching many videos I kind of want to believe that it works.

happy growing and everything looks good

Thanks mate. Yes, I had PRP before the procedure started. It was a part of it.

I have great support from people whom I met here and they got HT at Eugenix as well and are from Ireland too. Therefore after talking to them today  decided to give another month and see if any change.

I might be a slow grower. However, my back and sides grow really quick. Hopefully things will be better in next 30-40 days.

Consulted Dr Sethi via video call and he asked to be patient and see how things turn out in 6 months.

Cheers

Edited by Looking for HT
  • Like 2