Finally did it !! 3112 grafts- Eugenix, New Delhi, India(NO FINASTERIDE)

6 hours ago, Sybutwhy? said:

I thought the hair helped keep the spray in-place, if I brushed my hair back before applying I’d end up wiping it off my forehead all day! 
the only issue I had was styling hair whilst the grafts were still crusty, if I didn’t get it right with a hair dryer it took ages to comb without touching the scalp. 

I was actually only asked if I wanted shaven/part shaven on the day - no extra cost, just told me that it takes slightly longer. I just assumed it’d all be buzzed so was really happy with the outcome (until shock loss kicked in!).

I couldnt deal with the mess of saline spray getting into my native hair. Think my hairline is further up than yours before HT so buzzing down everything was a better option for me. 

By the way I am in week 5th but have not really shed. Not sure what happens next😀

On 1/24/2020 at 2:43 AM, Min12 said:

I’ve been quoted 3500 grafts but am wondering if I can keep my hair the way I prefer (0.5-1) on the sides as I am concerned about the scarring.

interested in seeing how your donor heals with over 3k grafts taken out.

I will take some pictures of donor tmw but plz note that I buzz it down every 5th day to make everything look even. I am in 5th week now.

1 minute ago, Looking for HT said:

I will take some pictures of donor tmw but plz note that I buzz it down every 5th day to make everything look even. I am in 5th week now.

1. What number are you buzzing down to?

2. When were you allowed to start buzzing down with clippers?

5 minutes ago, nordicwarrior said:

1. What number are you buzzing down to?

2. When were you allowed to start buzzing down with clippers?

I actually dont notice the number. Using philips and it clicks from 1-6. 1 is the lowest setting and it would show scalp if I buzz it down. I use setting 3 or 2

I started buzzing down after 15-17 days and without touching surgery area

Edited by Looking for HT
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BadHairDay said:

Looks great man! Are you on any preventative meds at all like Rogaine?

Thanks. No, I am on no medication at all and probably wont be taking anything in the future too. 

I am eating greens everyday with a balanced diet. I hope its a good thing for growth😀

On 1/26/2020 at 7:04 PM, Looking for HT said:

Haven't seen a pic update. Hope you post one soon. I have hair transplantation scheduled with Dr. Arika Bansal in March.

2 hours ago, Min12 said:

Interested in knowing if buzzing down to 1 would show obvious signs of scarring since the punch sizes used in eugenix are 0.9-1.0mm.

Hey bud, I am buzzing it carefully but cos I am doing it myself, its hard to keep it all even. Yes, some patches are visible but I want to keep whole head buzzed at same level. I hide transplanted area with dermmatch and fibres so everything looks same. Posting latest pictures in 10 minutes

Hey everyone.  Sorry for the delay in posting pictures.

Day 42. Week 6 since the HT.

Pictures below after shower and dry hair. 

Using Nizoral once or twice a week due to the whole head being itchy. The baby shampoo makes my scalp very dry. Aloe vera gel didnt relieve itchiness. 

I dont know how much I have shed. Temples have shed a lot though. During shower, I see few small hair but not a lot.

Is this called an ugly duckling phase? If yes, I am beating the phase by using dermmatch and fibres.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I am taking no medication at all !!

Thanks

AirBrush_20200202150405.jpg

20200202_145818.jpg

20200202_145811.jpg

20200202_145823.jpg

20200202_145825.jpg

AirBrush_20200202150948.jpg

AirBrush_20200202150827.jpg

AirBrush_20200202150236.jpg

AirBrush_20200202150315.jpg

AirBrush_20200202150201.jpg

20200202_145419.jpg

Edited by Looking for HT

8 hours ago, Min12 said:

Donor hair looks patchy but front looks good so far. I’ve seen some patients who only keep their donor short after surgery to not make the patchiness obvious. 

Hey mate. Think a barber would do a better job. Its hard for me to buzz it even 😊

• 3 weeks later...

Exact 2 months today.

All I can do is wait now. I am on no medication at all as want to get the results in natural way and in its own time.

Head gets itchy as using dove baby shampoo. Been using coconut oil to soothe the scalp.

Aloe vera doesnt work for me anymore. Makes my scalp dry.

I give myself haircut every 5 days. Use number 1 or less to give a buzz cut.

AirBrush_20200222145455.jpg

AirBrush_20200222145514.jpg

PSX_20200222_145311.jpg

20200219_121351.jpg

20200219_121346.jpg

20200219_121342.jpg

• Like 1

Great write up of your surgical experience. I wish more patients would take the kind of time you have to try and help some other potential patients. I know most patients use the forums to read tons of reviews and view hundreds of before and after photos. Unfortunately, most of these patients will not give back any of the time (pay it forward) to post about their surgical experience like you have. Good luck. It looks like a very nice job was done.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

Great write up of your surgical experience. I wish more patients would take the kind of time you have to try and help some other potential patients. I know most patients use the forums to read tons of reviews and view hundreds of before and after photos. Unfortunately, most of these patients will not give back any of the time (pay it forward) to post about their surgical experience like you have. Good luck. It looks like a very nice job was done.

Thank you. Surely want to return the favour as this forum has helped a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Pyrat said:

@Looking for HT, any more updates in the last couple of weeks. Been following your thread closely. Eager to see the progress.

Hey bud

2.5 months. Latest pictures just taken

No new hair. Only the ones that didnt shed grow longer but I trim them.

Being patient !!

AirBrush_20200312181858.jpg

20200313_122054.jpg

20200313_122129.jpg

20200313_122533.jpg

Edited by Looking for HT

On 3/13/2020 at 5:24 AM, Looking for HT said:

Hey bud

2.5 months. Latest pictures just taken

No new hair. Only the ones that didnt shed grow longer but I trim them.

Being patient !!

AirBrush_20200312181858.jpg

20200313_122054.jpg

20200313_122129.jpg

20200313_122533.jpg

Thanks for the update. Very close to booking a date myself. Waiting on the covid pandemonium to die down a little. 

Been keeping track of your progress since your case is very similar to mine. Do keep the updates coming.

• Administrators

You're right in the middle of the ugly duckling period. It sucks, trust me I have been through it. Remain patient. Your write-up was awesome, and the concealer part is going to help so many you have no idea. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.