Legends HT with H n W. 2500 FUE

Legend007

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Legend007 said:

P.s. that doctor probably got fired .. first, don’t let ur patients be smarter than u .. n have some common sense n use some Customer service n thoughtfulness when dealing with sensitive issues .. 

.. n even if I ever go bald .. I still got a lot more prettier girls than that doctor ever did in my lifetime  :$ 

I can’t believe he said you’d be as bald as bruce willis 😂😂😂😂 you should’ve been like “kid I had the same amount of hair as you at 28” 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, JayLDD said:

How would 2500 grafts via FUE be only 3100 hairs lol

Good point.  I double checked and it was 5000.  I stand corrected!  Not sure how I got to 3100...

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Yeah I agree with u Melvin .. fuk that doctor . If I were to be bald kind Bruce Willis .. my hairloss would of shown signs of a norwood 4-5 around age 30 .. im at 40 n I was a norwood 2-3 .. with diffused thinning overall.. but not too diffused .. anyways .. I’m fortunate I only had to exerperience baldness for 1 year before I got a transplant .. so I’m more fortunate than most of y’all .. especially the younger lads that had to go through this early in life .. 

well here is my 11th month mark .. to celebrate I went and bought the redken pomade that Melvin uses .. n styled my hair . Looks pretty good .. I spend 2 minutes to do my hair .. :) 

85DCA664-368E-42A2-B291-25FF6CCB2EB4.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks excellent 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks y’all .  it looks good enough :) I’m satisfied .. 

what I learned from this though .. is when u dense pack it .. the hairs take a long time to mature.. them hairs be fighting for that blood supply .. that’s why I noticed even though most the grafts grew by 6th month .. they didn’t grow long or mature for a few more months .. good thing I had a good surgeon n donor hair .. or I would of had a lot of more dead grafts .. and I also learned u don’t really need a lot of grafts placed to get good coverage .. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

what I learned from this though .. is when u dense pack it .. the hairs take a long time to mature

I think that's pretty much always the case which is why clinics always try to tell you to wait at least a full to see the outcome of it.

15 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

I also learned u don’t really need a lot of grafts placed to get good coverage

This really depends on your hair quality. Thick, coarse hair can give some awesome coverage. This is why men from India, Pakistan, etc get some really great results. Those guys have thick hair strands. I think blonds and red heads generally have thinner hairs.

Anyway, your hair looks great. You really are a legend  😀

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

23 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Thanks y’all .  it looks good enough :) I’m satisfied .. 

what I learned from this though .. is when u dense pack it .. the hairs take a long time to mature.. them hairs be fighting for that blood supply .. that’s why I noticed even though most the grafts grew by 6th month .. they didn’t grow long or mature for a few more months .. good thing I had a good surgeon n donor hair .. or I would of had a lot of more dead grafts .. and I also learned u don’t really need a lot of grafts placed to get good coverage .. 

What density was implanted in your recipient?

• Valued Contributor

This has turned out so great. I know you used to struggle with your hair loss but from the pictures you’ve posted recently it looks 100% natural. Your hairline is at just the right height to frame your face perfectly. Congratulations man. I’m really happy for you. 👌🏻🏻

• 1 month later...

I post some pictures in a few days .. to be honest i was hoping for more .. I doubt it if 2500 grafts grew .. maybe 1800-2000 .. it’s not as puffy as others ,, where their hair stick up .. but I usuAlly comb my hair forward ., I look better that way , so I’m satisfied enough .. but yeah I was hoping for more ,  I honestly think finasteride helped my hair a lot more .. n if I gotten on it sooner I wouldn’t of needed a hair transplant .. whether I’m happy or not probably depends on what H n W says , I haven’t spoken to them For a few months now .. since my hair ain’t bad n it ain’t great .. knowing what I know now .. having a hair transplant ain’t all that scary .. I should of been more prepared n go overseas n save me some money .. I think the only reason u should pay for such a High cost in the states is if u need the customer service In case something goes wrong .. I’m a low maintenance kind of guy .. so I don’t need none of that .. just get the job done .. 

I'd like to see the updated photos before commenting much further, possibly with the hair spread a few different ways to better illustrate what you're talking about. 

With that said, although your hair loss wasn't extensive the area you transplanted into was nearly devoid of hair, and I you did end up lowering your hairline a good chunk. From what I've observed the hairline is a huge graft hog, even with great hair caliber like yours. I may be missing something with the limited information I have though.

The money they charge for fue and 2 not be satisfied is crazy. Hopefully they offer a touch up for you. 

This is why I won’t do fue again because fue even with the best sometimes still doesn’t produce as well as fut with the best.

looking forward to the pics and hope H&W give a fix.

9 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Shouldn't we wait for pics before we ask for a touch-up, fix and start a FUT vs. FUE debate etc.?

This is based on what legend said no matter what we say he will still feel the same about his own hair transplant.

4 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

The money they charge for fue and 2 not be satisfied is crazy. Hopefully they offer a touch up for you. 

This is why I won’t do fue again because fue even with the best sometimes still doesn’t produce as well as fut with the best.

looking forward to the pics and hope H&W give a fix.

Why FUT produce better results than FUE?

10 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Why FUT produce better results than FUE?

Survival rate higher 

• Like 2

• Administrators

The FUT vs FUE debate continues lol. Hasson and Wong themselves have stated that the survival of FUE is comparable to their FUT.

Legend isn’t unhappy, he just isn’t thrilled, which is often the case with minor hair loss. The change isn’t drastic, because he wasn’t very bald to begin with, add the cost and I can see where he’s coming from. 

That said, his results look natural and his hair looks better. My advice is to forget about transplants until you actually need it. Also, you may not need customer service cause your results came out good, but you’d be singing a different tune if you turned out botched.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 2:17 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Shouldn't we wait for pics before we ask for a touch-up, fix and start a FUT vs. FUE debate etc.?

I dont know, for me, the patient opinion speaks much louder than photos. I have reviewed many patient cases and learned that photos can be very misleading, for  better or worse. you can see 2 pictures of the exact same person that tell totally different story, so what is 'the truth' ?  At the end of the day what's most important is what the patient sees in the mirror,  how satisfied he is and if his expectation have been met. Obviously this holds only if the patient is knowledgeable and realistic regarding to hair transplants, and this one seems to be.

This is my point of view anyway

Edited by karatekid
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great growth legend! I’m also asian and have a similar hair profile as you except that have I have very weak temporal angle point. I’m going with Dr. hasson Bc I like his hairline design (Esp on asian men) but was wondering does he do work on temporal point? I read that he didn’t want to rebuild everything and was wondering if he gave a reason. Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Hasson doing temporal point?