Legends HT with H n W. 2500 FUE

Legend007

2 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Hey fortune .. yeah I remember ur transplant .. ur results turned out great .. hows the hair going now ? What’s the scenario with future loss of ur native hair ?...

Overall, my hair looks better and healthier now than before the HT. :)

I expect my native hair to stay mostly the same as they have been pretty stable for decades. But I also take care of it now; like I use better shampoo/conditioner,  take Fin 0.83/mg six days/wk (i.e. Proscar cut into 6 pcs),  Minox 5% once/day, Laser Cap 2x/wk,  Multi B Vitamins (100mg).

10 hours ago, fortuneplant said:

Overall, my hair looks better and healthier now than before the HT. :)

I expect my native hair to stay mostly the same as they have been pretty stable for decades. But I also take care of it now; like I use better shampoo/conditioner,  take Fin 0.83/mg six days/wk (i.e. Proscar cut into 6 pcs),  Minox 5% once/day, Laser Cap 2x/wk,  Multi B Vitamins (100mg).

Would you say the area that you had concerns with has gotten better to the point it doesn’t bother you? I don’t see it in the pictures you posted any longer but I know that pictures are not functional representation of the hair and that surgeons are occasionally guilty of posting pictures of people at their worst (hair pulled back with a hair and, shaving the native hairline, etc) and then with the hair grown out over the hairline.

9 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

what exact brand shampoo do you guys use?

I use Deciem's  Stemm Shampoo and Conditioner. They contain caffeine, biotin, amino acids, fulvic acid, etc. Work well with my hair. Unfortunately, it's not available in the market anymore. *sigh*

Edited by fortuneplant
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

Would you say the area that you had concerns with has gotten better to the point it doesn’t bother you?

More like I learn to live with both the imperfections of my HT and my being super critical due to being part of this forum. By the way, I love my hair and how it improved my looks. Haha

There are still some gap-py parts but I am the only one who notices it. For every one else, I just look better overall. (e.g. I get asked about my diet, workout, do I use face serum, that I am lucky to have thick hair.)

• Administrators
9 hours ago, fortuneplant said:

More like I learn to live with both the imperfections of my HT and my being super critical due to being part of this forum. By the way, I love my hair and how it improved my looks. Haha

There are still some gap-py parts but I am the only one who notices it. For every one else, I just look better overall. (e.g. I get asked about my diet, workout, do I use face serum, that I am lucky to have thick hair.)

Can you link your thread? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@Legend007 

Did you join the rest of the guys who forget about us once they have their hair back haha

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I  didn’t forget about y’all .. things are coming along .. it could be more fuller with more volume when the hair gets longer .. so I wait till 12 months before I judge on the results ..  
I’m at 10 months n 10 days around ..

keep in mind I had to comb my hair for those pics .. so it’s in favorable conditions .. usually the hair wants to fall down flat .. 

but so far it’s good enough .. the hairline itself looks natural n not plugged.. u won’t notice I had a hair transplant..

7CED06DC-7DAD-40CC-BEF7-0EA414828B5A.jpeg

B2AD7780-F4F2-4F19-8032-F490ECA7469D.jpeg

510A1DD7-E62D-4B80-A8EA-712DAB1E7230.jpeg

• Administrators

I think the results look great Legend, hairline looks natural, but hair is like money, can you ever have enough lol.

View my thread

So far so good, but i agree with Legends assessment so far.  12 months and it should be fuller with more volume.  

your long hair style looks pretty cool man.  

Hairline does look natural though.  

Thanks guys .. I was kinda hoping for more volume though .. I don’t think 2500 grafts grew .. or my hair be really poofy in the front .. kinda like Gordon Ramsey .. but I really have to wait for it to grow longer though to see how I really feel about it ..  but yeah I don’t see how some of u guys do 2500 grafts on half ur head .. zones 1,2, n 3  n expect dense results .. 

I had 2500 grafts just to zone 1 n 2 with great hair caliber .. n it still not seem like a lot of hair ..

that’s all the hair that was transplanted .. it doesn’t seem like 5000 hairs .. to me  

108B6B1C-335A-44B4-BA33-AC9224F0CAF0.jpeg

N yeah thAnks Sean .. It’s the first time I grew my hair long . I grew it to measure the progress of my donor hair compared to the recipient .. n also to see how much donor hair I have .. it seems like I have a lot :) yay ..

but yeah now I grown it out I kinda like the look .. probably keep that for a few years .. put some brown highlights n I should look good enough .. 

I do think this looks pretty good on the whole in comparison to your starting image.

I don't see it as often, but I have seen some doctors say that certain patient's have results that don't quite mature until the 18 month mark. No way to tell if that's the case with you though. Has the clinic given you an opinion on growth so far?

For what it's worth, I think the result looks great.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:58 AM, Legend007 said:

that’s all the hair that was transplanted .. it doesn’t seem like 5000 hairs .. to me  

Yeah it looks nothing like 5000 hairs because....it wasn't, at least according to one of your earlier posts - 3100 hairs.

Overall it looks like a solid result to me.

• Haha 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt .. yeah it doesn’t look like 5000 hairs ...  that’s what not making me totally satisfied with spending $20,000 .. but it’s better than before so imma not complain .. 2500 grafts @2 hairs per graft was the calculated amount .. = 5000 hairs . Overall though .. I’m pretty happy .. I probably got 2200-2300” grafts grown .. there’s still a few hundred hairs that is still short but when they grow longer it will be a nice cosmetic upgrade .. when I think about it .: I’m happy we are in an era of our life where we are not stuck with them damn plugs .. the hairtransplant industry has really made progress .. but still, I’m scared of future hairloss ..   

Hey @Legend007 not sure if this is a stretch or not but I did notice you mentioned in your posts you always use conditioner when washing your hair and on top of that you rub body lotion on your hair was well. I have found studies linked with severe clogging of follicles when using too much conditioner even because it does contain a lot of oil. Do you think your scalp could be potentially too much sebum build up due to this ?

Hey shook n hairloss pa .. good to hear from y’all .. u guys are good people .. hope u doing well .. .. :) from my own personal opinion .. n what I learned from online n this forum .. at first I was naive , n tried to blame minor things .. n also bought expensive nutrients . N a laser cap .. I also stopped using hairspray , n other hair products with chemicals in it that could damage my hair .. but nah .: it’s the dht .. it’s what is miniaturizing my hAir .. it’s not as coarse as it used to be..    this my 2 year anniversary on propecia .. it has slowed down the hair fall .. but it has not made the thinning hairs get thicker .. so I’m scared . N hairtransplants can only replace half of what U lost.. so it’s worrisome .: but if I can do this again .. yeah I spend the $20,000 to dr hasson n company .. they did a good job .. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Hey shook n hairloss pa .. good to hear from y’all .. u guys are good people .. hope u doing well .. .. :) from my own personal opinion .. n what I learned from online n this forum .. at first I was naive , n tried to blame minor things .. n also bought expensive nutrients . N a laser cap .. I also stopped using hairspray , n other hair products with chemicals in it that could damage my hair .. but nah .: it’s the dht .. it’s what is miniaturizing my hAir .. it’s not as coarse as it used to be..    this my 2 year anniversary on propecia .. it has slowed down the hair fall .. but it has not made the thinning hairs get thicker .. so I’m scared . N hairtransplants can only replace half of what U lost.. so it’s worrisome .: but if I can do this again .. yeah I spend the $20,000 to dr hasson n company .. they did a good job .. 

Good assessment, I think your hair looks great. I believe you’re 40 now? If so your in the minority of guys with a seemingly full head of hair and it’s still black. 

You’ve got plenty of donor left, if you ever need it, but doesn’t look like it.

View my thread

Melvin .. I’m not lookin to have another transplant in life .. but that was My thinking ,  the nAive me 2 years ago as a norwood 2 at 38 years old .. It’s like I had a full head of hair all my life n no one in my family was above a norwood 2.. it’s not when I went into see my dermatologist at Kaiser so he can approve my finasteride prescription .. I told him I was worried about my hairloss .. n what did he think of it ., dude just blurted our oh u going to be bald ., like Bruce Willis .. I was like are u sure ? It’s not that bad !  He was like oh yeah u are .. that was the first time in my life I was ever depressed about my hair .. I had good hair all my life . N I’m aging , naturally in my eyes .: n this dude with a degree .. thinking he knows more Than me .. never asked my age . Barely looked at my medical history .. telling me n kinda snickering to my face I’m going to be totally bald.. 

okay .. this 28 y/o Asian doctor With a full head of hair .. probably has no experience with hairloss giving me advice ..  .. n I’m Asian too .. just so u don’t think I’m racist .. I tooked his word for it .. so I told him I wanted finasteride to prevent my hairloss .. n he didn’t know nothing about it .. he had to look it up online . It’s like what the fuk is this.. I had to educate this doctor about the #1 prescribed medication. That’s FDA approved for hairloss , n I’m supposed to go to him for advice ?  This always pissed me off n he dared called me going totally bald .. when I had an online consultation.with doctor rassman that betted me a million dollars that I won’t be totally bald .. anyways at the end of the consultation he prescribed me finasteride n patted me on my back n said I was the most knowledgeable person he knows about hairloss ..but  that’s not how I want to feel when I leave my doctors office .. like I’m Smarter than him .. Anyways 6 months later when I had to renew my finasteride subscription .. my kaiser dermatologist doctor wasn’t working there anymore .. so I had to get a new doctor .. this time I chosed a bald doctor that has experience with hairloss .. cuz he knows our struggle :) 

anyways .. Sorry I rant sometimes because I like to drink n chat with y’all .. but moral of the story is .. if u have medical issues .. hair or body or mind n whatever .. no one knows more about ur body than u .. so don’t go into ur medical surgeries or medicines blindly .. only u know what’s best for u .. so do ur research .. 

P.s. that doctor probably got fired .. first, don’t let ur patients be smarter than u .. n have some common sense n use some Customer service n thoughtfulness when dealing with sensitive issues .. 

.. n even if I ever go bald .. I still got a lot more prettier girls than that doctor ever did in my lifetime  :$ 

On 10/14/2019 at 7:23 AM, 1978matt said:

Yeah it looks nothing like 5000 hairs because....it wasn't, at least according to one of your earlier posts - 3100 hairs.

Overall it looks like a solid result to me.

How would 2500 grafts via FUE be only 3100 hairs lol