Legends HT with H n W. 2500 FUE

Legend007

• Administrators
6 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

Hey @Legend007could you or anyone else clarify what you meant by brushing your hair out intentionally to get the transplanted hairs to shed? Is it normal practice to forcefully try to brush out the hairs to get them to shed for the ugly duckling phase?

You don't have to, they will eventually shed, some hairs take longer than others.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y’all , 7th month update .. not much has changed .. hairs getting longer n stuff .. I’m too lazy to write too much more .. but yeah I don’t use hair products like hair spray n gels .. when I use hair products it tends to pull out some hairs so I don’t style my hair much .. I use a little body lotion n run that through my hair to give it some volume .. if it’s good for ur skin, it’s good  enough for u hair :) I usually spend only 2 minutes combing my hair .. for someone that just spent $20,000 on their hair .. I’m not very anal about it .. guess it’s because I had nice hair most my life . So never obsessed about it . 

AD98EDF3-F401-4806-BE1E-70122F6842C5.jpeg

A04F8C9D-891D-4CC1-B398-D58EA2ACD8CC.jpeg

Hahah , no I’m not happy spending $20,000 on hair .. I was a norwood 1 two years ago at 38 y/o .. I would of never thought I be losing my hair .. now I’m afraid I’m going to bald one day .. but hopefully not .. now that I’m proactive on my hairloss n using medications .. (fin) my hair seems to stabilize .. 

Overall I’m pretty happy with results so far .. it’s not pluggy n see-thru .. n as the hair gets longer it will look fuller n blend better with my native hair . So I’m not worried about it ..  n thank goodness I got a HT already. My office has started enforcing a no hat policy .. I don’t think I can go thru with surgery if I can’t hide it for a few months ..  

217EBE33-40A2-4A04-945C-DC9B87C5CA9D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Looking great and back to Norwood 1 haha you invested in yourself bro don't think of it as anything else!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

What's done is done - and if you had the means to pay for it and found it worth it at the time, don't rob yourself of the joy and celebration of having it done.... and done successfully! Super happy for you. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y’all thanks for the support .. yeah I did invest in myself .. I look pretty good again :) n I saved back $7,000 that I spent on the hairtransplant in the last 6 months , so finances lookin good again after that big $20k hit ..

• Like 1

Well now that the main months have passed .. Im starting to notice the little details .. there’s some density issues on the right side .. n it has me worried .. when I comb it the illusion looks good .. since my donor hair is thick n wiry (.7mm-.8mm caliber ) so it can hide a lot of flaws . what u guys think of the right temple ..m

71A791EC-8091-45BC-AEB6-4A14C141458A.jpeg

0A20E117-4C21-47D7-BE2A-B336BEEF1979.jpeg

029F3B8C-234A-4517-91E3-65D27CA3B41C.jpeg

• Administrators

When was the last time you washed your hair? looks like it may be a bit greasy which is making your hair clump together. I can tell the hairs haven't matured yet. You have plenty of time. I think so far it looks fantastic.

View my thread

Looks fantastic already - and at 7 months, you still have growth/maturity to look forward to. I invite you to not overanalyze and pick it all apart, or else you're drive yourself crazy. You seem to be right on track, so trust that and trust the process. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I love the result bro, and no I don't think it looks thin at all. Looks completely natural and with a lot of maturing to come probably. I am schedule for a consultation with Dr. Hasson soon and your thread was a big motivator for me. 

Do you think any doctor could have done a better job than this? I don't.

Hey guys , thanks for the reassurance .. but I’m pretty sure that area is missing quite a few grafts .. when I comb it down .. doesn’t look dense enough .. but I do have a lot of hairs not yet mature so we see at the 12 month mark ..  when I comb it it’s hard to notice . But that’s because my hair is thick .. at least the hairline itself is really dense packed . Behind it there are weak areas .. 

i update with the clinic at the 8 month mark , all this time I never contacted them because this forum Provides enough answers .. 

heres a pic with dry hair after shower .  It doesn’t look like 1100 grafts there .. 

So it has me a bit worried , I would like to comb my hair forward .. n not always have to comb it back ..  can’t comb it forward right now .. 

im pretty satisfied so far , but I was hoping for more ..its a lot of grafts in a small area , so was hoping it to be a solid wall ..   I do notice the recipient area is growing slow , I think it’s due to the dense packing .. I haven’t cut my hair all this time .. n my donor Is thick again ..

i think I have about 5-6k grafts left .. what do u guys think .

5EB89E03-385E-4EAE-82D8-10E00A99B1CB.jpeg

D41B78C0-394D-472E-80C5-ABF5E333B1DD.jpeg

Some days it looks pretty good .. the illusion is there .. but I’m expecting more for 2500 grafts to just the hairline .. I’m in tough spot . Because it looks good enough to not do anything until I get further hairloss .. but it’s not the $20,000 worth of hair .. where I’m like . Damn my hair looks awesome .. it’s like ,, kool , I’ve covered up my receding hairlone .. 

3C606C65-C860-4894-B773-D055597A15A8.jpeg

FDC4B2D0-F38A-4FA3-A595-18C3189605DF.jpeg

• Administrators

I think it looks good, there’s also still plenty of time to mature. In the event, you’re not satisfied I’m sure Dr. Hasson will back you up. I think you’ll be happy though, man I would with your hair 😜

• Thanks 1

View my thread

I wouldn't stress it just yet. I've seen some people on these forums with pretty late growth in random patches, and hair regrowth is kind of a weird, slow process to begin with. Are you seeing any new sprouts that aren't really visible in your pictures here? Stubble that hasn't grown out?

• Thanks 1

Is the picture taken immediately after using both shampoo and conditioner? @Legend007. Personally i stopped using conditioner because I noticed it make your hair appear very oily and much thinner personally idk. If so, im curious what it looks like post just shampoo

• Thanks 1

Hey guys no new sprouts .. I think all the hair that’s going to grow has grown .. they just haven’t matured yet .. so I know it’s going to get better n fill in .. its when u spread it apart u see gaps .. probably at the end I might need 300-500 grafts to fill in gaps .. which would be more of a refinement than a repair.. I wait till the 12 month mark when everything is mature to properly judge things .. 

One of the main reasons I chose hnw is because of their great customer service , so if I have concerns they probably be nice to me .. 

Its also why I documented my journey on this  so I have some backup :)  If I have issues .. 

sorry it’s not because I like u guys so much that I’m here to chat 😛

• Like 1

@Legend007  Looking good. From months 11 to 18, I added about 10 to 15% more hair. You probably want to wait 1.5years to get the full effect of growth, thickening and normalization of your HT. Then decide from there. 

I remember on month 9 I was considering another HT of 500 grafts. By month 11, my hair looked much better with my hair normalizing and looking softer - as against being stringy. On month 18, everything fell into place. While it's not as thick as I wish it to be and there are some gaps, it looks good. And if I wish for the thickness of my dream, it takes me a total of 23 seconds to spray hair fiber and pat it down.

Edited by fortuneplant
  • Thanks 1

Hey fortune .. yeah I remember ur transplant, u were in the same situation as me with hairline loss .. ur results turned out great .. hows the hair going now ? What’s the scenario with future loss of ur native hair ? that’s one of my biggest worries having a good hairline then losing hair behind it years later .. 

Hey shook yeah I know what u mean .. conditioner makes the hair flat .. but it’s good for ur hair,, back then I hardly use conditioner , just shampoo .. but now my hair is thinner so it falls out easier .. so I use conditioner now , it helps u retain ur hair .. I use conditioner first then shampoo afterwards if I want my hair to look fuller on some days to still get the benefits of both ..

- n thanks myocroft, yeah I seen people with bald patches fill in also .. I think most of mines will fill in too when the hairs get the thicker .. so I’m  not tooo concerned ..

2 hours ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

I can see what you are concerned about. Though..., how come you go to my post and be critical of me for my concerns with my own density. 

Hehehe curling, yeah I meant what I said on ur post .. ur hair looks great .. I question the low graft count at first.  But when u shows ur pics .. ur doctor did u good .. 

- but after seeing ur later posts with ur hair spread out showing weak areas .. yeah I saw ur concern n totally agree with u .. I just didn’t comment because all the good posts goes away too fast .. n new posts comes up .. n I don’t check my emails so sorry if I don’t respond to people . :( 

but yeah I know what u mean .. true the hair looks good , but it’s gappy because of low graft count . N u don’t understand why the doctor didn’t do more grafts when u were willing to pay for it .. n now it’s a hassle to come back for a second surgery when it could of been done the first time .. I feel u . N I  understand ! 

23 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Hehehe curling, yeah I meant what I said on ur post .. ur hair looks great .. I question the low graft count at first.  But when u shows ur pics .. ur doctor did u good .. 

- but after seeing ur later posts with ur hair spread out showing weak areas .. yeah I saw ur concern n totally agree with u .. I just didn’t comment because all the good posts goes away too fast .. n new posts comes up .. n I don’t check my emails so sorry if I don’t respond to people . :( 

but yeah I know what u mean .. true the hair looks good , but it’s gappy because of low graft count . N u don’t understand why the doctor didn’t do more grafts when u were willing to pay for it .. n now it’s a hassle to come back for a second surgery when it could of been done the first time .. I feel u . N I  understand ! 

Thanks for explaining. Totally understand when you see just the pictures of hair pulled back it doesn’t look bad. Yours looks great until you expose the thinner areas too. It looks like you have less gaps and thinness though so I am hoping yours evens out just fine with thickening.

I doubt my wife will allow me the time and expense to do another surgery pass after a year out from previous. She would lose it. That’s kind of why I wanted it done with. It’s a lot mentally and the  time away from work, and such makes it difficult. 

I am hoping yours thickens up and continues to look good!