My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

A member of the clinic has now got back to me and told me my coordinator is away on military duty and will respond when he gets back.

how hard can it be to update their patients on this kind of stuff?  Probably the thing that disappoints me about going to a asmed was the lack of connection with the doctor and how impersonal it all was. 

• Administrators
On 10/5/2019 at 10:00 AM, Kraistoff said:

Nosetransformationnetwork 

🤣 that has a ring to it. But seriously, I like to think that this site is all about self-improvement, whether it's getting your hair back, losing weight, whatever is gonna make you more confident.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'll post it in my main thread 😊

I'll show you guys the tats I'm getting too lol. One is expensive from a top end artist the same week as my nose job next month  

15EF3EC0-E576-4364-AC40-43F0E940EB14.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 1

13 month update 

Hello everybody

Photos below.

ive started to want to style my hair upwards and expose the hairline which looks excellent apart from when I stand under light. The front hairline does look natural . I do have areas of low density behind the hairline which are evident when looking from above (I’m 5ft 8inch) but my skin / hair contrast doesn’t help

ive just sent more photos to the clinic and haven’t received any feedback on my 12 month result . 

What do you all think? I’m 75% happy, everybody wants more density but I think behind the hairline hasn’t come out as planned. 

My hair is about 3 inches long on top. I’m scared of cutting it too short as the low density areas behind hairline will show a lot more 

BE23BE34-4F45-4DE6-AF73-43AFD79E9690.jpeg

5759ADF1-A636-4F97-A08C-E6ABEA99A39F.jpeg

DCDB6DBA-12DF-4C2A-8265-D1B96FCE6BD5.jpeg

73634FB0-F211-4547-BA59-64B00DB779F9.jpeg

E4949519-F300-45F5-88A9-ADD267F7A52B.jpeg

Edited by Kraistoff

The bit that hurts / winds me up the most is the poor level of customer care after you come home. Considering we’ve just paid over £10000 (many of us) I don’t think the Dr taking the time to look at your photos and send you HIS opinion is too much to ask. 

I’m lucky my hair turned out the way it did. It’s not perfect but another small procedure and it will be fine. Whether I have the right to ask Asmed to do this I’m not sure which is why I want Asmed’s opinion . 

On 10/14/2019 at 2:01 AM, Kraistoff said:

The bit that hurts / winds me up the most is the poor level of customer care after you come home. Considering we’ve just paid over £10000 (many of us) I don’t think the Dr taking the time to look at your photos and send you HIS opinion is too much to ask. 

I’m lucky my hair turned out the way it did. It’s not perfect but another small procedure and it will be fine. Whether I have the right to ask Asmed to do this I’m not sure which is why I want Asmed’s opinion . 

Personally I think it would be good of them to do so even though I don't think your growth was poor. In saying that, I think with 1200-1500 grafts you will have a very, very strong result and look bag on the annoyance you have currently and think its silly, which it is even though I totally understand and emphathize with it.

I felt similar to you after my first procedure emotionally I think but I booked the soonest procedure I could after the first and am incredibly happy I did. There's no point dwelling over an imperfect result when the amount of grafts to take it to a stunning one is quite small.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:05 PM, Kraistoff said:

A member of the clinic has now got back to me and told me my coordinator is away on military duty and will respond when he gets back.

how hard can it be to update their patients on this kind of stuff?  Probably the thing that disappoints me about going to a asmed was the lack of connection with the doctor and how impersonal it all was. 

Will you go back to asmed or go to another surgeon?

10 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Will you go back to asmed or go to another surgeon?

I’m not sure Derek. The rushed consultation and procedure when you get there didn’t really bother me providing the result as acceptable. It’s the lack on interest and care afterwards that I have an issue with. Not sure if this changes from patient to patients / rep to rep but it my opinion it is very poor. 

I do want to rectify the bald patches behind the hairline so I can cut my hair a little shorter and style it upwards - like people do in the websites - Asmed included. They don’t have bald patches on their advertisements . 

Edited by Kraistoff

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I’m planning on cutting my hair a bit shorter . I want to know what the shortest I can cut my hair without the scalp being visible on the vertex . Keep in mind I’m not the tallest so a lot of people  can see the top of my head . Currently my hair is about 3 inches long on top 

ive been told by the clinic that I should wait until 15 months for vertex to improve . Not sure what to make of that I thought 12 months was optimum 

0D1684B0-1BFA-4F63-BE27-7E60C063A6B5.jpeg

E6A90AA4-47ED-4817-B061-0ED43FD285B1.jpeg

Your case reminded me of this person, same hair loss pattern, the difference is that he went to Dr Keser and had 1700 grafts done, look at his 6 months results, no sign of hair loss. I know everyone is different and it's hard to compare results between others but you did not need 4500 grafts, the problem that I see with Asmed is that they always use too much grafts as if people have unlimited donor hair. Your hair has definitely improved but I feel like 3000 grafts would have been more than enough in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Your case reminded me of this person, same hair loss pattern, the difference is that he went to Dr Keser and had 1700 grafts done, look at his 6 months results, no sign of hair loss. I know everyone is different and it's hard to compare results between others but you did not need 4500 grafts, the problem that I see with Asmed is that they always use too much grafts as if people have unlimited donor hair. Your hair has definitely improved but I feel like 3000 grafts would have been more than enough in my opinion.

Hello mate,

he did have a good result , but my hair can look like if I try .

his hair loss wasn’t as bad as mine, I also lowered my entire hairline 1cm and filled in the temples . I was also almost completely bald across 2cm of my vertex behind the forelock and filled in the crown 

19 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

his hair loss wasn’t as bad as mine, I also lowered my entire hairline 1cm and filled in the temples . I was also almost completely bald across 2cm of my vertex behind the forelock and filled in the crown 

Inclined to agree. You effectively had 3500 grafts in the front and I'd guess probably 700-800 of those grafts were used for just for the temple points meaning you probably had someone where in the region of 2700-2800 in the the temple areas,the area behind the forelock and the slight lowering of the hairline. The Dr Keser patient appears to have a stronger forelock and area behind it. Also your hair looks finer compared to his.

I think the pre op pictures you put up on page 8 of this thread highlight just how bald you were in the front area. 

Edited by Fozzie

16 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Hello mate,

he did have a good result , but my hair can look like if I try .

I see, I underestimated your hair loss then, looking at your pre op picture it looked like your crown was not that bad, if you are going to cut your hair short your hair might look see though especially in the middle, either way your donor looks really good, you can have a 2nd procedure in the future to add more density if you would like, overall it's a decent result. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Abi28 said:

I see, I underestimated your hair loss then, looking at your pre op picture it looked like your crown was not that bad, if you are going to cut your hair short your hair might look see though especially in the middle, either way your donor looks really good, you can have a 2nd procedure in the future to add more density if you would like, overall it's a decent result. Good luck!

True, I don’t think my crown was that bad . I would even say that honestly  , I should have known better and said no to doing any work there . I had only been on propecia for 6 months and that would have helped in the crown probably. 

There’s another set of photos from my

morning jog.

appreciate people’s thought on what they think happened to the density on the right side - it’s the only part I’m not pleased with.

clinic say wait until 15 months , feels like they are moving the goal lists especially when they offer some people a touch up after 12. 

As you can see , I’m not being unreasonable , this is my hair when running , I shouldn’t have to sport a comb over at this stage . 

Look how good the left side hairline and temples are . In my eyes these areas are exceptional. I just want to know why the right side isn’t as good. 

B0CF14B1-765D-4FB3-8B29-7D1C38247704.jpeg

D8A6FB3F-9462-4BB7-AF43-5D8AE8479DCD.jpeg

9C2E41A8-423C-442C-AF56-FEF800673AC9.jpeg

2A454479-33AB-4D93-B9C5-5BE3CBF2E4FA.jpeg

4BC7E4C4-8712-4AE7-B519-151A3DAE0366.jpeg

62CD2D5A-332A-4672-9A28-D4F7944DB033.jpeg

1 hour ago, maltesefalcon said:

Just wait 3 months and decide either to take another surgery from a different clinic or just keep what you have.

At the end of the day, that's all you can do. Searching for weekly reassurance on here isn't going to achieve anything.

Thanks for the first paragraph.

you don’t have to come onto this thread if you don’t want. 

I wish there was this type of thread when I was doing my research. 

• Like 1

@Kraistoff Don't wait another 3 months, don't waste your time contacting the clinic, looking for answers on what went wrong or waiting for them to email you, time to move on.

If your hair is still bothering you then you are going to need a 2nd hair transplant, I would suggest you to contact Dr Keser or Pekiner, you don't need a lot of grafts anyways but I wouldn't go back to the same clinic for a free touch up, I would rather pay 2-3k and have it done by someone else, plus your surgery was poorly planned, you did not need 1 thousand graft in the back and the crown. Start contacting other doctors and don't waste any more time good luck.

• Like 1

Cheers Abi

think I need to keep contact with the clinic though. I spoke to them over the phone yesterday. They said they will wait a little more and will always take responsibility for their work. 

I’m not totally disappointed, nobody can call the result a disaster . It’s just that thin spot . I will cut my hair a little shorter sometime soon to see what it looks like then. 

23 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Cheers Abi

think I need to keep contact with the clinic though. I spoke to them over the phone yesterday. They said they will wait a little more and will always take responsibility for their work. 

I’m not totally disappointed, nobody can call the result a disaster . It’s just that thin spot . I will cut my hair a little shorter sometime soon to see what it looks like then. 

You hair looks great overall, your donor area looks exceptionally well that's one thing that I find impressive about Asmed is how the donor area looks after 4000-5000 grafts, they do a really good job with donor management. A few hundred grafts more and your hair will look great 

I wish I had a similar experience to you, but when I was younger I went to a bad place and had 2500 grafts done, I lost most of the grafts only a few survived and I had damage in my donor area so I had to do 2nd transplant to fix some of the damage even though it won't be enough since I don't have the amount of grafts needed to cover my hair loss but I am thankful I was able to fix some of it, that's why I look at your case and say it's 100% a success, no shame in having a 2nd transplant to fix a patchy spot.

I know it sucks that you need to go through the whole process again and you have to travel to Turkey a 2nd time to fix your hair, but you will forget about this when you are done and you will look back and see how your hair has changed and hair loss will be a thing from the past. Good luck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

14 months

it is nice having a hairline.

asmed have invited me back to take a look at the thin areas behind the hairline. I said I would wait until 18 months. 

To be honest, if the thin spot still bothers me at 18 month I will definitely go back . 

45705624-2E2B-43D7-BF13-B673F667759D.jpeg

CF7A8373-C263-4F29-A5F1-21FB3DCC722A.jpeg

41E4528C-5AD3-4635-B131-FAF0679E9357.jpeg

023FC73E-47A0-4DBC-A431-00570C4422A2.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...