My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

On 8/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, LordBaldwin said:

See, here's the thing, though.  There's a major difference between coming onto someone's thread in an attempt to provide support (since, as we all know, hair restoration is a stressful journey) and joining in the conversation with inflammatory language to make them feel worse.  Kraistoff was uncertain and needed support and guidance...not for anyone else to use his result as a prop to bash a clinic against which they have a personal vendetta (these people know who they are).  Obviously, we should be honest, but there are constructive ways of telling the truth that show sensitivity to the struggles of the individual/OP.  The old saying "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" seems to apply.  Basic rule of thumb?  Use the same social skills you'd use if you were talking to the person face-to-face.  If someone's result looks good to you, tell them, as I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  If they don't look good to you, stay quiet and only make this opinion known if the OP asks for it (and do it in a way that's helpful, like a suggestion about how to improve the situation); for the purposes of determining whether or not a clinic is outputting good results, let the pictures speak for themselves.  If people on this thread had been more sensitive to Kraistoff's needs and not their own, he wouldn't be asking to leave. 

I feel the exact same way. Well said.

Hello all,

i had another hair cut today and a blow dry and a good comb

this photo is in direct sunlight with no concealer 

I realise that I must style my hair for a hair transplant to look how I expect. Might sound strange but I never used to style my hair I would just let it grow and be a mess , but you cannot let it be a mess with a hair transplant as it won’t look good

F41C267D-65F9-4561-B88B-DAE96031A5AB.jpeg

865A357F-5461-4E73-A0E0-6E5D444F12D7.jpeg

Looks unreal mate! 

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Administrators

Looks fantastic , 

I’m glad you’re maximizing your results by styling it. Every hair transplant patient should do this. Why pay thousands of dollars and not try and make it look good? Never understood this. 

That said, if the imperfections bother you, by all means add a little density in those areas. Glad you’re already seeing things from a healthier perspective. Cheers 🍻 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dude it actually looks really good now you can't see your scalp and the line is solid. Definitely better than the results I got. Hopefully my warranty procedure is better in 3 months. This gives me more hope. Compared to where you came from that's a great improvement 

Edited by Der3k7

9 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Hello all,

i had another hair cut today and a blow dry and a good comb

this photo is in direct sunlight with no concealer 

I realise that I must style my hair for a hair transplant to look how I expect. Might sound strange but I never used to style my hair I would just let it grow and be a mess , but you cannot let it be a mess with a hair transplant as it won’t look good

F41C267D-65F9-4561-B88B-DAE96031A5AB.jpeg

865A357F-5461-4E73-A0E0-6E5D444F12D7.jpeg

Looks fantastic in these pics, dude.

11 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

It’s not 3 inches 

I think your hair looks great in the styled pics but I’d agree there’s no way your hair is 3cm. If the stylist told u that it’s a lie. At least in the front it’s not from what I can see. I’d guess it’s 6cm in the front.

DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS 

no fiber , style with lifting paste 

since My last hair cut I feel like a complete £&@? for complaining about my result. It really has changed my life

I don’t think I’ll bother filling mid scalp in at the moment, I’d rather keep the 4400 grafts I have remaining for future loss ! 

It’s actually good that it was planted at lower density at mid scalp, it would have been a waste to do it any denser as it doesn’t need it . I call it decent donor management 

994C70BE-ACFF-4B64-8921-9CD943840F73.jpeg

0416D707-A005-4AC8-B286-EA46D4BEB3D0.jpeg

4BC49905-F270-41AF-A79A-3343DBDD94B8.jpeg

3A68B6A9-DBDE-4113-AA91-14AF3C56DB4F.jpeg

C4CCA7EC-1A29-40F6-926B-E5EA8C7DAA0C.png

98FBEA6B-8166-49A0-9421-B0E53E3A891A.png

6F714B84-8EDD-41EE-A31A-2EB6E6B49882.png

DFDFA7D2-6471-40A5-8A0D-3A98FD95927B.jpeg

1B3623F8-3997-463A-9405-AE4FDCCC711A.jpeg

Edited by Kraistoff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Looks like a home-run to me man, 

I agree, if you can style your hair and get away with looking like that why even bother adding more density. You may need those grafts for the crown some day. I think the single most important thing that isn't mentioned enough is the NATURALNESS! 

We get caught up in density, and it's definitely important, but how natural the hairline looks lis equally if not more important and your hairline looks so freakin natural it's quite amazing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:53 AM, DEB1982 said:

We are working with a limited number of grafts to provide an illusion of density.

Illusion of density?. I'm new to this forum but the results I've seen on here from Erdogan don't look like "illusions" to me.  If hair wasn't present beforehand in a certain area and it appears (and stays) after the procedure, then, by definition, its not an illusion.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:35 AM, Kraistoff said:

I had another hair cut today and a blow dry and a good comb

It looks good, friend. Pretty thick & wavy too.  As @LordBaldwin stated, assessing results based on where you started and where you are at present is the proper approach. And, on that basis, your results are impressive.

Your future plans and mid scalp comments make sense.  Arguably, you still have about 7 more months for improvements.  Happy for you man.

2 hours ago, Jack B Nimble said:

Illusion of density?. I'm new to this forum but the results I've seen on here from Erdogan don't look like "illusions" to me.  If hair wasn't present beforehand in a certain area and it appears (and stays) after the procedure, then, by definition, its not an illusion.

Yep.  It's not an illusion when you have more density than you did before the procedure in the balding area.  I think what they're trying to say is that you have less hair on your head, total (taking into account harvesting of the donor area) and you still don't have the same native density you had before your hair loss started.  The art of the successful transplant is balancing donor and recipient area densities enough so that neither appear thin.

7 hours ago, Jack B Nimble said:

They call it an illusion as you can make all parts look dense . If you don’t style your hair or brush it is a certain way it looks thin . If you brush it a certain way and shine light off the scalp it will look thin . I think my thread proves this. I have good photos like recent ones where I have the styling spot on, but I have posted many photos with my hair not styled , messed up and under very harsh lighting - and the result doesn’t look as good. That is what is meant by illusion

you won’t get native density back

2 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Here are some more photos ! 

Just that little bit behind the hairline that needs to get a little more dense and I’ll be over the moon 

F488A2B3-0623-4C51-B658-83A08822605B.jpeg

F4600BB8-A30E-4703-A4E7-A4C48BE6EC00.jpeg

79436FAA-D034-4D41-A295-9C124D7C0BAF.jpeg

A7862B90-F9C4-4BD7-803E-EE0F1CFB5999.jpeg

1513185D-FA00-4FA4-B991-C7B5D1C1E08F.jpeg

Hey it turned out well for you after all hopefully my touch up has better results this time