My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

37 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Do they let you stay as long as you’d like at the clinic or hotel?

I doubt it . Not as if I could make a holiday out of it 

25 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

They probably want to give all their new techs practice!!! Lol

Not sure, but i only need about 1000 grafts I think. I have to grow my hair long to be able to cover the bald patch behind the hairline so disappointing in that respect, but still looks good when Hair is long and much better than before. 

The Corina virus scare is blown way out of proportion. For young healthy individuals the death rate is the same as the flu. It's really only dangerous with a higher death rate if you are old. 

• Administrators

I don’t think it’s fear of the actual illness itself, but the spread. It seems to be spreading like wildfire. If we’re looking at the facts, the chance of death is very low, especially in young adults and children. The flu is more dangerous for young adults and children. But the fear is spreading it to someone who could die, like older family members etc. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Enough about the virus . This is about my head 

🙂 

how short can you cut your hair Melvin without it looking like it’s balding and thin ?

The top? I have to keep it at least 2.5 inches, so I can have the illusion of density.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So everyone .

clinic has been in contact and I am debating whether to return to sort the density behind hairline out. 

i was given a reason for the poor result by the surgeon which did kind of help me think I’ll be ok second time around . 

i have asked that if I do go back I get the most experienced team working on me , which I don’t think is unreasonable given the circumstances 

my last hair cut was cut too short and was messed up, but you can see the difference in density well now . 

8C9F2773-6D9B-465B-A318-A4B9015FEAAF.jpeg

11 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

wow... that view is pretty telling... im sorry bro. that is a very poor result for 4500.. think carefully before going back.. weigh pros and cons

Yes but when grown a little longer it looks like he below . Remember this is a proper shit haircut which is 1.5 inch at front and about and inch behind hairline . plus i have fine hair at about 51 micron 

2FA2AB9D-0F4E-4DF6-B447-0E7AFD6635B1.jpeg

Edited by Kraistoff

What was the reason they gave you? 

14 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

So everyone .

clinic has been in contact and I am debating whether to return to sort the density behind hairline out. 

i was given a reason for the poor result by the surgeon which did kind of help me think I’ll be ok second time around . 

i have asked that if I do go back I get the most experienced team working on me , which I don’t think is unreasonable given the circumstances 

my last hair cut was cut too short and was messed up, but you can see the difference in density well now . 

8C9F2773-6D9B-465B-A318-A4B9015FEAAF.jpeg

What was the reason they gave u?

7 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

What was the reason they gave u?

I don’t really want to publish it .

i received a message today saying all flights have been cancelled in Turkey do I won’t be going in May after all.

i have again asked that the most experienced team works on me. I’ve told them i don’t have infinite grafts . 

1 hour ago, bismarck said:

I would think very carefully before going back to the same place on this one. 

This is a very bad photo and it really does look crap. But remember I’ve had a really bad haircut where the less dense areas have been cut very short .

if you look back to my other photos when my hair is a little longer or looks very good 

On 8/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, Jamothee said:

Jump on Instagram and search "fue" "hair transplant" etc. I've found some real gems by doing this. You can find results from all over and speak to different people about their experiences. Many will have logs which run for a year + showing them in all sorts of conditions i.e. wet hair, sunlight, beach etc etc.

Where are you finding these instagram posts? I just find ads when I search those hashtags..

21 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

This is a very bad photo and it really does look crap. But remember I’ve had a really bad haircut where the less dense areas have been cut very short .

if you look back to my other photos when my hair is a little longer or looks very good 

I think you're at a point WAY WAY better than where you started but you really lost of a lot of reserve to achieve what you've done so far, and I'm not too sure about the yield at the areas that seem sparse. I would be very careful with where you spend your remaining follicles. I might even hold off altogether on revision and see how the rest of your hair loss sits for a few years. 

There is no good that comes from making decisions from emotions or too quickly when it comes to hair.

Edited by bismarck

57 minutes ago, bismarck said:

Where are you finding these instagram posts? I just find ads when I search those hashtags..

I think you're at a point WAY WAY better than where you started but you really lost of a lot of reserve to achieve what you've done so far, and I'm not too sure about the yield at the areas that seem sparse. I would be very careful with where you spend your remaining follicles. I might even hold off altogether on revision and see how the rest of your hair loss sits for a few years. 

There is no good that comes from making decisions from emotions or too quickly when it comes to hair.

I know . But I don’t consider my hair transplant a complete failure . I reckon 70% of the grafts grew. Look back through photos from December and you will see how good my hair looked before the bad hair cut 

even still, id prefer to bolster the front and hope finasteride does it’s thing on the crown. If I bald at the back later so be it, I’ll have a decent frontal third but a bald patch at the back 

13 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

I know . But I don’t consider my hair transplant a complete failure . I reckon 70% of the grafts grew. Look back through photos from December and you will see how good my hair looked before the bad hair cut 

even still, id prefer to bolster the front and hope finasteride does it’s thing on the crown. If I bald at the back later so be it, I’ll have a decent frontal third but a bald patch at the back 

That's fine and perfectly reasonable. If I were in your situation, I might consider saving up for one of the Spanish or Belgian docs and use Toppik in the interim. It will give you and your hair some time to evolve and reflect.

26 minutes ago, bismarck said:

That's fine and perfectly reasonable. If I were in your situation, I might consider saving up for one of the Spanish or Belgian docs and use Toppik in the interim. It will give you and your hair some time to evolve and reflect.

Cheers , but I don’t think you’re reading my messages or looking at my photos . Have you seen my hair when cut well? 

5159D429-ED01-44E3-A637-64A3A7D337C5.png

Edited by Kraistoff

• 1 month later...

Hello comrades 

bored during lockdown (and didn’t want the final posts on this thread to be negative - @bismarck ) so I have put together some photos of before my surgery , during and now at 20 months after with my hair at about 2 inches in length.

as you can see I’ve come a long way . Looking forward to return to fill in density behind hairline. 

this was the photo the clinic sent back to me letting me now how many grafts; 

7B38D830-8E1C-4C67-A242-9B7B71B70880.thumb.jpeg.83c1b40e0d24b3d270e0fe8c8bd137cf.jpeg

Below are some photos At the clinic , some before photos showing extent of baldness 

321AC1B5-FDF5-415F-8DD6-84D9A8E52438.thumb.jpeg.677d4653637c2ebb96a610916d6d168f.jpegA1A2A6D8-48F9-46E1-B00E-5B515A6DF8AB.thumb.jpeg.6b91e223806d81d342f54bb14060954d.jpeg40C25728-4DC9-4454-BF37-F91E86FF3057.thumb.jpeg.76bec9e2715b27c0f766de2fbff67f9a.jpeg

Below is a photo of when I was marked up ready for the operation. I was shitting it at this point ! 

D4D27EC7-FF2D-46B8-B891-BA54D2813BBA.thumb.jpeg.9bf6f852cb066c1900dfb672d1b46403.jpeg

below are some photos after operation 
D750B51A-85FF-4451-B80F-F1AE8563E685.thumb.jpeg.8252f8a9d6c1f0a5754aee9cf6ad2d58.jpeg27C1D50C-6A29-4300-96D0-9D51375280E1.thumb.jpeg.942e1a8cd0242ec090248df6b98020b4.jpeg

Below: photos of me now. 20 months post op with hair on top at 2 inches in length 

163EC28A-BF17-4A22-AC03-8EF4193F6A4B.thumb.jpeg.c63a074fe5566e25b4427ea603e1bd81.jpeg

19EBFABA-699E-4C02-BACC-9AE63DB50686.thumb.jpeg.ea4940320cab82248961a217bfcafb1c.jpeg

ACBB5A77-07D6-4142-AAAD-03CEC2FB6468.thumb.jpeg.197b2d04a2e523adc24e36cca8dcab18.jpeg

69DE993B-DBDF-4EA7-A424-43D0306EFED6.thumb.jpeg.dacb1e2063140ba9c4fd4781772333e4.jpeg

Edited by Kraistoff
Photos not in order