4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

Looks great, Melvin!

It's a win-win for Eugenix and you. Great exposure for Eugenix and really looking forward to the outcome for you.

I can't say this enough - it's amazing how far FUE has come with this clinic. 

• Like 3

Looking more into the thread, you look better with shaved/buzzed head (no offense), nice head shape!

With quality SMP you could switch hair styles from long hair to buzzed and vice versa. Here what i find the most important is head shape and visible hairline that determines the face so even with shaved head if hairline is nicely done and visible it makes a huge difference on appearance!

Wish you a nice and succesful healing!

I'm 2months 5 days post op and have early growth that started few days before 2months mark, in area that shedded first and scared me the most......wish you an early growth as well 🍻

20 minutes ago, Spaceguy said:

Looking more into the thread, you look better with shaved/buzzed head (no offense), nice head shape!

I was thinking about this earlier when reading the thread - and I think it boils down to youthfulness in appearance. 

The post op shaven head photos essentially look like a purposefully styled buz cut hairstyle , with a juvenile hairline and lovely framing temple points - combined with a shorter beard length (stubble) and of course the smile . . It’s just a generally more youthful and aesthetically pleasing appearance than the before pictures. Head shape is very important - I think a 3D/SMP buzz cut style in the future would be a very viable option in Melvins case - however with soon to be denser hair, and a new frame of the face, I’m sure there will be plenty new longer haired styles that will look even better! 

The stubble is an interesting one, depending on cheekbone structure and jawline strength, a few mm in facial hair length either way can make or break an appearance. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 2

Very impressive work and great write up. Remember asking you about the likelihood of getting those temple points recovered. Fantastic to see you were able to get them fully addressed!

How open are you to using SMP for a density effect at some point in the future? Or would you just continue with temporary concealers if needed? 

Edited by ciaus

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Spaceguy said:

With quality SMP you could switch hair styles from long hair to buzzed and vice versa. Here what i find the most important is head shape and visible hairline that determines the face so even with shaved head if hairline is nicely done and visible it makes a huge difference on appearance!

Wish you a nice and succesful healing!

I'm 2months 5 days post op and have early growth that started few days before 2months mark, in area that shedded first and scared me the most......wish you an early growth as well 🍻

11 minutes ago, kirkland said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

Melvin, you can pull off both looks.

Thank you guys, but honestly my head is tiny lol. It looks better in pictures, in real life I look like a shrunken head. But the hairline does look great buzzed. I cannot wait to start growing. I’m thinking of throwing the kitchen sink at early growth. Laser helmet, oral minox, supplements, etc. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Thank you guys, but honestly my head is tiny lol. It looks better in pictures, in real life I look like a shrunken head. But the hairline does look great buzzed. I cannot wait to start growing. I’m thinking of throwing the kitchen sink at early growth. Laser helmet, oral minox, supplements, etc. 

Better than having a huge head hehe. Whatever makes you feel at home go for it, you know what suits you the best!

I was thinking to switch to oral minox too, as topical one dries the skin or at least makes some white skin layer once dried. I wash my hair with pure water after 40min of applying it....than i add some aloe vera gel occasianally. And yeah fin+biotin/vitamins dr.Ferreira gave me.

I think my early growth is also due to low graft numbers transplanted and to fill up previous small HT so scalp wasnt shocked that much and body healing resurces are under less load. My only completely bald part was first 1cm of hairline and i had nice percentage there that kept growing.

Similar case could be with your frontal third since you only did fill up on that area.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you’re going with a budget, you can’t  expect the same things as someone who chose a much higher package. Doctors all around the world charge a premium for their time and expertise. I see no issues with this, especially since this is a business. 

End of the day, the only thing that matters is the result, and that would be obtained with any of the packages regardless.

Yeah, i completely understand the budget aspect. I just wanted to clarify. 

At present, Eugenix offer the top tier package but it isn't involving the doctor to the level you were personally afforded which is why i was just trying to point out to others, this isn't a typical experience somebody else should expect at present or in fact, others choosing the top package have experienced even sharing their stories on here. 

I also am only selecting a package that's the Exclusive tier that has the senior doctors and technicians involved from Eugenix and not Dr Arika or Dr Sethi but the rep has reassured the results are planned for the same outcome and i believe or would like to that their senior doctors do adopt and apply the sane principles of temporal point reconstruction etc. as the founding doctors. 

Edited by NARMAK
Spelling

Melvin, the work looks impeccable! You chose very wisely and I think doing the temple points and changing the V shape will undoubtedly make your transformation surreal as a NW6. The live feed was really interesting to watch. Even as a veteran of 4 hair transplants myself you never really get to see the work in detail while it is occurring on your own head. (Nor get to remember much bc of the valium) So, it was very cool to see a detailed presentation and hear the thoughts of the surgeon while the operation is occurring. Thank you for that and all the information you disseminate to the community. You've come a long way from the HTSoon days lol! This community is privileged to have a moderator that is willing to document your whole experience so candidly. You'll definitely notice a difference in the hairline angles that Dr. Sethi placed compared to your previous transplants. They look like they will lie very natural and much more acute (flatter) than before. Great decision on the clinic, design, and graft amounts for your situation. You're close to the end of your journey it seems! One thing that I underestimated about the beard donor area was how much acne/pimples occur when the donor is healing. I'm 4 months post-op from beard grafts and still getting large angry pimples that are quite sore to the touch. Just a heads up to be aware of this when you start to grow in 3-4 months. Beard donor heals fast but the pimples last for awhile. Anyway, congrats again and keep us updated on the progress!

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

congrats Melvin. will be following.

can you give a quick recap of your previous surgeries again? i know its probably somewhere in the forum but just a quick blurb like:

1st HT: 2000 grafts by Diep (Hairline)

2nd HT: 3000 grafts by Diep (midscalp)

Great writeup @Melvin- Moderator and I wish you happy healing and quick growth!

Everything looks to be done well and your donor and recipient post op are looking good.

And yes, I will say the buzzed head and shaved beard suit you well like others have said, you do look quite a bit younger with that look lol.

Edited by asterix0
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

congrats Melvin. will be following.

can you give a quick recap of your previous surgeries again? i know its probably somewhere in the forum but just a quick blurb like:

1st HT: 2000 grafts by Diep (Hairline)

2nd HT: 3000 grafts by Diep (midscalp)

1st HT: local surgeon 1,850 grafts terrible results.

2nd HT: 2,125 grafts hairline Dr. Diep excellent results.

3rd HT: 1,200 grafts midscalp and upper crown, good results. 

4th HT: 4,000 grafts Dr. Sethi, hairline, temples, midscalp and crown. Results pending.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BDK081522 said:

Melvin, the work looks impeccable! You chose very wisely and I think doing the temple points and changing the V shape will undoubtedly make your transformation surreal as a NW6. The live feed was really interesting to watch. Even as a veteran of 4 hair transplants myself you never really get to see the work in detail while it is occurring on your own head. (Nor get to remember much bc of the valium) So, it was very cool to see a detailed presentation and hear the thoughts of the surgeon while the operation is occurring. Thank you for that and all the information you disseminate to the community. You've come a long way from the HTSoon days lol! This community is privileged to have a moderator that is willing to document your whole experience so candidly. You'll definitely notice a difference in the hairline angles that Dr. Sethi placed compared to your previous transplants. They look like they will lie very natural and much more acute (flatter) than before. Great decision on the clinic, design, and graft amounts for your situation. You're close to the end of your journey it seems! One thing that I underestimated about the beard donor area was how much acne/pimples occur when the donor is healing. I'm 4 months post-op from beard grafts and still getting large angry pimples that are quite sore to the touch. Just a heads up to be aware of this when you start to grow in 3-4 months. Beard donor heals fast but the pimples last for awhile. Anyway, congrats again and keep us updated on the progress!

Thanks man, very appreciative of this community, haha you remember my HTsoon days lol

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bailey99 said:

@Melvin- Moderator congrats, i am looking forward to seeing the growth over the coming months. You may have had disappointing results from your 1st procedure, but your donor looks looks impeccable after 4 of them. Good luck and happy growing 

Thanks man, I’d be super happy with your crown results. We are very similar in terms of hair loss. You did it right the first time though lol. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

This is gonna be an absolute knockout result.. incoming GOAT NW 6 restoration!!

Delighted for you Melvin ...and for all the team who made it happen 🙌 

Buzz rocks for sure 👌

I’ve said it before but your results were my main inspiration.

View my thread

It looks like they did absolutely amazing work. I'm blown away they were able to get 4,000 grafts. I was planning on going to Feller to get my revision surgery, but now thinking I may do Eugenix as well. You said Dr. Sethi doesn't do a lot of surgeries. Can you just sign up and wait like 2 years until he becomes available lol.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DJNordwood said:

It looks like they did absolutely amazing work. I'm blown away they were able to get 4,000 grafts. I was planning on going to Feller to get my revision surgery, but now thinking I may do Eugenix as well. You said Dr. Sethi doesn't do a lot of surgeries. Can you just sign up and wait like 2 years until he becomes available lol.

I’m not sure his availability, best thing to do is submit an inquiry. I don’t think it’ll be two years lol. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Wow! This definitely is going to look good. Can’t wait and see the results over the months. 

i been thinking about Euginex , HLC and Bicer.  But now that you went to Euginex I may do the same.  One thing with the vip package can’t we ask for the doctor?