Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

4 minutes ago, BaldingBogger said:

I've heard good things but haven't researched him all that much.   What you want is to minimise as much risk as you can and have a Dr who will do as much as the procedure as possible themselves..  Clinics also like , Lupanzula spring to mind too in hands on Doc's..   

The 2 things that always made me steer clear of clinics like ASMED are they use way too many grafts for area covered ..  Not entirely sure if you get what you pay for really.  Also technician led surgeries for me a no no.  Not doubting they can get good results but too many variables..

Theres another clinic where the Dr caps it at 500 grafts a day but gets top notch results each time so could be 4 day surgery but high chances.. Cant recall his name now .. hopefully someone can chime in

Keser.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah. But it does at the least show they are capable of getting great results 

I think is message is anyone is capable of hitting a homerun once in a while. I’ll repeat what I said before but personally I would check with a dermatologist specializing in hair loss to see if there is any condition that could be affecting your growth. Maybe a biopsy is in order? Check with asmed on this too.

Photo and video examples are obviously invaluable to understand what can be achieved and what may be possible. But its so important to understand that no two situations are the same. Every individual is unique. Even though another patient may appear very similar to you. Just because a guy has a similar hair loss pattern to you, it doesn't mean you will attain the same results. I believe that most patients are not educated enough, and that they do not receive the simple explaination that their physiology and hair characteristics will play a leading role. 

"Hair characteristics play a vital role in the overall illusion and success of a transplant. Some patients have more favourable hair characteristics and therefore need less grafts to gain their personal goal. Someone with fine, straight, thin hair is going to require more grafts to achieve a similar result than for example someone with coarse, wavy, thick hair.

Hair transplantation is the "art of illusion". With the appropriate placement and use of your hairs characteristic the illusion can be achieved very well - the more favourable your hair characteristic is ie; wavy, thick hair means the illusion can occur with fewer grafts if positioned correctly.

Our hairs characteristics all vary but be aware of your own when embarking into your hair transplant and how it can aid or not aid the illusion. In brief - Patients with very similar loss patterns may not have the same hair characteristic. Therefore they will require a different amount of grafts to achieve a similar result in terms of illusion, coverage, density."

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Honestly, I don't think the portion of the variation in yield from a hair transplant that is due to genetic variation of graft acceptance is high enough to explain why some people have 95% yield and others have 25% yield. I think the largest contributor to variation in yield as to why someone has 95% yield and someone else has 25% yield, especially when the patient did good post op care, is due to the surgery itself 

Edited by Der3k7

• Administrators

Raphael does bring up some valid points. It's never good to compare yourself to others, because the variables are never the same. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Honestly I think you guys are over estimating the percentage of variance in results due to individual genetics. The majority of variance in graft yield is due to the surgery itself. If a formal statical study was done I bet the percentage of variance in yield explained by genetic variation would be less than 25% and that the percentage of variance due to surgical prowess would be greater than 75%. 

Edited by Der3k7

1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

Honestly I think you guys are over estimating the percentage of variance in results due to individual genetics. The majority of variance in graft yield is due to the surgery itself. If a formal statical study was done I bet the percentage of variance in yield explained by genetic variation would be less than 25% and that the percentage of variance due to surgical prowess would be greater than 75%. 

If you truly believe this then why are you going back to a clinic you feel has a greater than 75% chance of not using proper surgical protocol/graft handling/etc?

Just now, LonelyGraft said:

If you truly believe this then why are you going back to a clinic you feel has a greater than 75% chance of not using proper surgical protocol/graft handling/etc?

That's not actually what I stated haha. If you read it again you'll see I didn't say that I think asmed has a 75% chance of not performing well. I said I bet 75% or more of the variation in results/yield for any hair transplant is due to surgical ability and that 25% or less of the variation in results/yield is due to genetic variation. I don't have any direct evidence of this, but that's what I would bet. This is a logically different statement than I think asmed has a 75% chance of performing poorly. 

And actually given the consistent mediocre results I'm seeing from asmed recently and I'm currently in communication with Dr Juan Couto from Madrid who consistently shows great results with less grafts used than asmed, depending on what he says from the photos I sent him in email that the clinic asked for from me, I am thinking I am going to wait and go with FUEXpert clinic in Spain. 

55 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Dude You must be smart as I didn’t understand any of that 

I think you hair is ok. Difficult for me to judge properly (not that my opinion matters) have you got photos of before and after 

Haha thanks. I like to think I am. I majored in physics at ucla and am currently working on my actuarial credentials to be an Actuary.

7 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Isn’t the wait 2-3 years just for an in-person consultation with Dr Couto...and another year or so for a procedure IF he accepts you?

That's what I thought but the coordinator said they can schedule me for consultation at the end of next year and they can do the surgery a week later so I don't have to travel to Spain twice and honestly since I only have 3000 grafts max probably left I need to make sure I get the highest yield possible and the yield for couto seems way higher than asmed on average. I mean those YouTube videos where they thoroughly show combing through the thick hairline of their patients are impressive and clearly they can dense pack with high yield. 

Edited by Der3k7

31 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

That's what I thought but the coordinator said they can schedule me for consultation at the end of next year and they can do the surgery a week later so I don't have to travel to Spain twice and honestly since I only have 3000 grafts max probably left I need to make sure I get the highest yield possible and the yield for couto seems way higher than asmed on average. I mean those YouTube videos where they thoroughly show combing through the thick hairline of their patients are impressive and clearly they can dense pack with high yield. 

That’s interesting...and not as bad a wait as I had read.

Yes, his videos and results are extremely impressive although you have to keep in mind that his results of the patients he posts all seem to be of similar dark thick (Spanish?) hair characteristics but I think it would be great to see if and how he would add to your current results.

2 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

That’s interesting...and not as bad a wait as I had read.

Yes, his videos and results are extremely impressive although you have to keep in mind that his results of the patients he posts all seem to be of similar dark thick (Spanish?) hair characteristics but I think it would be great to see if and how he would add to your current results.

I'm half Spanish and Portuguese. I have thick dark coarse hair. And it doesn't matter as you can clearly see the yield is excellent which is what I need haha 

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I'm half Spanish and Portuguese. I have thick dark coarse hair. And it doesn't matter as you can clearly see the yield is excellent which is what I need haha 

Ah cool 👍🏻

Well im looking forward to seeing how it goes whether you go back to ASMED or accepted by Couto.

1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

Ah cool 👍🏻

Well im looking forward to seeing how it goes whether you go back to ASMED or accepted by Couto.

Yeah I'm hoping couto accepts me they requested pictures and I sent them yesterday. They wanted to see me with wet hair brushed back and forward 

29A9AFE9-45B8-4EB1-982F-F640E1B1A8EB.jpeg

33F2C489-9FA0-448E-A5BA-D263CEAED03D.jpeg

F560BA3F-1A49-43B5-8612-505A0FDA1563.jpeg

36064A0E-26CC-431D-A872-FE3D6553B6B7.jpeg

53CC9AFA-14E7-404D-9E65-264254080F79.jpeg

87653485-0B9D-4304-A29C-719A368C6912.jpeg

4A0E5730-A7DD-46D4-8717-DEC5FA6E6B20.jpeg

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah I'm hoping couto accepts me they requested pictures and I sent them yesterday. They wanted to see me with wet hair brushed back and forward 

29A9AFE9-45B8-4EB1-982F-F640E1B1A8EB.jpeg

33F2C489-9FA0-448E-A5BA-D263CEAED03D.jpeg

F560BA3F-1A49-43B5-8612-505A0FDA1563.jpeg

36064A0E-26CC-431D-A872-FE3D6553B6B7.jpeg

53CC9AFA-14E7-404D-9E65-264254080F79.jpeg

87653485-0B9D-4304-A29C-719A368C6912.jpeg

4A0E5730-A7DD-46D4-8717-DEC5FA6E6B20.jpeg

IMHO, looks pretty decent wet actually and your temple peeks look really good, seem to be improving too.

I think I might have recommended to you before...but I would get on the microneedling/Minoxidil foam/Nizoral train to see if you get more improvement for that before your planned 2nd ht...since you have time, any gains from microneedling will be better for your limited donor grafts left to be better prioritized by whichever doc you go to, just my honest suggestion.