Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

If Couto were to make this area thicker and not see through then I would finally be satisfied 

890B0ABE-B756-4AB3-8707-DE34B3AE400D.jpeg

Your hair will be see through when it is wet. No doctor will change that, surgeons are surgeons not god. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This shows how low the yield for the hair transplant was. The top one is before surgery at asmed and the bottom is 10.5 months post op. Looks like the only improvement is a few wispy hairs at the corners of my forehead and temples

884DB48B-87D8-4341-A289-3EBE92CDD83F.jpeg

E51451FC-126F-4B85-8376-C303599D7E88.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7

I completely disagree man for 5000grafts? Yeah right lol. Look at the difference in the FUEXpert clinc YouTube video I posted with just 3500 grafts used. And other patients that have a high yield 5000 graft procedure. 

I saw the YouTube videos they are stunning results.  That's the difference between excellent result and fair result that needs little bit more touch ups.

With all due respect, mate, if you compare your result with others, you will always be disappointed because surely there will always be a better results out there. But honestly with 5k grafts i can completely understand the frustration. I believe it's not great at all but you have good hair maybe due to native hair and you dont look like you're getting bald at all. 

From what I’ve seen over the years asmed is so overrated and a lot of marketing going on...they are not bad but they are not as great as it come across...also there are out there so many great surgeons producing results with consistency and nobody talks about them that much in forums...that’s shows what marketing does and what just leave my work speak for itself 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Uncle drew said:

From what I’ve seen over the years asmed is so overrated and a lot of marketing going on...they are not bad but they are not as great as it come across...also there are out there so many great surgeons producing results with consistency and nobody talks about them that much in forums...that’s shows what marketing does and what just leave my work speak for itself 

That's where the term "you get what you pay for" comes in. 

26 minutes ago, E.said said:

I saw the YouTube videos they are stunning results.  That's the difference between excellent result and fair result that needs little bit more touch ups.

With all due respect, mate, if you compare your result with others, you will always be disappointed because surely there will always be a better results out there. But honestly with 5k grafts i can completely understand the frustration. I believe it's not great at all but you have good hair maybe due to native hair and you dont look like you're getting bald at all. 

I'm fine not being the 100th percentile for results. But I would like to be in the top 15% for results to be satisfied with my purchase 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BaldingBogger said:

you should get some more calibre thickening on the hair shafts that did come in so i would give it full 18 months to fully mature.. that can create more fullness and create a denser look saving grafts down the line..  

I honestly doubt there is going to be a visual change in the next 8 months because the change in the past few months has been neglible. Either way I'm probably going to go with FUEXpert clinic and the soonest they'd be able to get me in is in 15 months from now I believe

On 9/22/2019 at 8:59 PM, Der3k7 said:

I honestly doubt there is going to be a visual change in the next 8 months because the change in the past few months has been neglible. Either way I'm probably going to go with FUEXpert clinic and the soonest they'd be able to get me in is in 15 months from now I believe

Have you actually had confirmation on this? I have heard he is very selective with whom he operates on. You should also be very careful about judging his work from specially selected videos he uploads with favourable lighting. I remember some years ago viewing a Spanish language HT forum and I discovered that he, just like other surgeons, has some average results, way below what you see in those videos. His clinic have used YouTube to market themselves fantastically well. What you are seeing here is the best of the best in such videos (maybe 1 in 20 results) 

Also, in reference to the video you posted, Dr. Juan Couto typically works on Spaniards (being as he operates out of Madrid). They tend to have hair characteristics suited for HT's (thick calibre, slight curl etc)

You have had a very large amount of grafts transplanted and I would be a little surprised if he took on your case. I can see why you are not satisfied with this result however. I'd consider Dr Lorenzo over Dr. Couto. 

You may find this interesting: 

He used to post here. He went for a touch up with ASMED. If you look over his videos, he still has to use hair fibres and doesn't seem overall happy at all. 

Edited by jonnyalex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jonnyalex said:

Have you actually had confirmation on this? I have heard he is very selective with whom he operates on. You should also be very careful about judging his work from specially selected videos he uploads with favourable lighting. I remember some years ago viewing a Spanish language HT forum and I discovered that he, just like other surgeons, has some average results, way below what you see in those videos. His clinic have used YouTube to market themselves fantastically well. What you are seeing here is the best of the best in such videos (maybe 1 in 20 results) 

Also, in reference to the video you posted, Dr. Juan Couto typically works on Spaniards (being as he operates out of Madrid). They tend to have hair characteristics suited for HT's (thick calibre, slight curl etc)

You have had a very large amount of grafts transplanted and I would be a little surprised if he took on your case. I can see why you are not satisfied with this result however. I'd consider Dr Lorenzo over Dr. Couto. 

You may find this interesting: 

He used to post here. He went for a touch up with ASMED. If you look over his videos, he still has to use hair fibres and doesn't seem overall happy at all. 

Yeah I've seen that guys situation about his touch up with asmed. Very unfortunate. And I'm half Spaniard and Portuguese my last name is Rodrigues my father is Spaniard and Portuguese. I was communicating with the coordinator and he said Couto reviewed my email regarding my history of hair transplant surgeries and they asked for me to send specific pictures with my hair wet and brushed back. In that same email they said they would likely want to see my donor area in person before confirming a surgery with me. However, they said in seeing me in person if they decide I am a candidate for surgery then they will be able to schedule the surgery for me within a week of my consultation to avoid me having to travel to Spain twice. They also said the soonest they can get me the consultation will be end of next year. So given what he said that would mean if they decide I am eligible then it would be end of next year I get it done. I'm still waiting to hear back from the photos I sent them that they asked for. I also sent them clear pics of my donor so hopefully they can give me and idea of if they think it is likely or not that he will determine I am eligible for procedure. 

I read recently in another forum someone had a Spanish speaking girlfriend did through Spanish forums for him and the Spanish forums all have couto a lot of praise and positive reviews. Also, I think they're YouTube channel has more amazing results than asmed does, even if they are only the top results. I haven't seen as many amazing results from asmed like that with that kind of crazy dense packing. Also couto gets that with less grafts than asmed does. I looked at lorenzos website and his results gallery but it didn't look as impressive as coutos YouTube channel but I'll have to look at lorenzo again too

18 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah I've seen that guys situation about his touch up with asmed. Very unfortunate. And I'm half Spaniard and Portuguese my last name is Rodrigues my father is Spaniard and Portuguese. I was communicating with the coordinator and he said Couto reviewed my email regarding my history of hair transplant surgeries and they asked for me to send specific pictures with my hair wet and brushed back. In that same email they said they would likely want to see my donor area in person before confirming a surgery with me. However, they said in seeing me in person if they decide I am a candidate for surgery then they will be able to schedule the surgery for me within a week of my consultation to avoid me having to travel to Spain twice. They also said the soonest they can get me the consultation will be end of next year. So given what he said that would mean if they decide I am eligible then it would be end of next year I get it done. I'm still waiting to hear back from the photos I sent them that they asked for. I also sent them clear pics of my donor so hopefully they can give me and idea of if they think it is likely or not that he will determine I am eligible for procedure. 

I read recently in another forum someone had a Spanish speaking girlfriend did through Spanish forums for him and the Spanish forums all have couto a lot of praise and positive reviews. Also, I think they're YouTube channel has more amazing results than asmed does, even if they are only the top results. I haven't seen as many amazing results from asmed like that with that kind of crazy dense packing. Also couto gets that with less grafts than asmed does. I looked at lorenzos website and his results gallery but it didn't look as impressive as coutos YouTube channel but I'll have to look at lorenzo again too

It's good and professional that he is requesting to see your donor area in person before agreeing to work on you - this brilliant to hear. The likelihood in this scenario is he'll agree to work on you but you should probably forget about 'crazy dense packing'. I think he'll make a bad situation better though. I must admit, I am worried that you are striving for a type of perfection that is simply impossible via HT surgery. How many grafts would you estimate to have left? If you could somehow get a further 3000, you might get close to where you want to be... but you'd have to be blessed with an astronomically dense donor area.  

As I said previously, you seem like a great guy and I also would not be happy with this result. I am rooting for you and hope some doctor can get you to where you want to be. Also, you mentioned you were looking to have rhinoplasty? I don't think you should do it. You have a masculine nose that suits your face. 

I don't have time to read through this thread again so can you remind me, are you taking a DHT blocker? 

Edited by jonnyalex

9 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

It's good and professional that he is requesting to see your donor area in person before agreeing to work on you. The likelihood in this scenario is he'll agree to work on you but you should probably forget about 'crazy dense packing'. I think he'll make a bad situation better though. I must admit, I am worried that you are striving for a type of perfection that is simply impossible via HT surgery. How many grafts would you estimate to have left? If you could somehow get a further 3000, you might get close to where you want to be... but you'd have to be blessed with an astronomically dense donor area.  

Actuality I found lorenzos site I wasn't looking in the right place last time. It's kinda hard to find. And no, what I'm looking for is definitely achievable via hair transplant as I have seen many people with results that I would be satisfied by. My results simply have not worked out for me at all unfortunately with 2 very mediocre surgery results. Erdogan estimated I have 3000 left in the tank after his surgery. And my first 2 surgeons told me I had dense donor area. My first one told me he thought I was in the 10,000 ball park I think. Which is consistent with what erdogan is estimating. If a good surgeon did 2000 grafts on me next I could leave 1000 for spot touch ups later on

Edited by Der3k7

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Actuality I found lorenzos site I wasn't looking in the right place last time. It's kinda hard to find. And no, what I'm looking for is definitely achievable via hair transplant as I have seen many people with results that I would be satisfied by. My results simply have not worked out for me at all unfortunately with 2 very mediocre surgery results. Erdogan estimated I have 3000 left in the tank after his surgery. And my first 2 surgeons told me I had dense donor area. My first one told me he thought I was in the 10,000 ball park I think. Which is consistent with what erdogan is estimating.

Well if you are one of the very lucky few ( I say lucky, yet we are all unlucky to be cursed with MPB I guess :D) to have a godlike donor area, go for it! I will say that Erdogan over estimated my donor capacity according to my previous surgeon. 

7 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

Well if you are one of the very lucky few ( I say lucky, yet we are all unlucky to be cursed with MPB I guess :D) to have a godlike donor area, go for it! I will say that Erdogan over estimated my donor capacity according to my previous surgeon. 

Here is my donor area now. The buzzer length at bottom is a.5 buzz gaurd and it's blended to the longer length 

8D5DA302-AEA0-4C2B-BEBB-A72EC4D17198.png

4A997C2E-662E-49F8-B85F-52187CA9BAA7.png

Edited by Der3k7

Erdogan always uses more grafts than needed and always says u have over 8000 donor to use which it doesn’t stand most of the times...I just seen in the Italian forum that he used 8000 grafts on a person and the donor area from his last surgery is terrible and he doesn’t know what to do now 

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

Here is my donor area now. The dieter length at bottom is a.5 buzz gaurd and it's blended to the longer length 

8D5DA302-AEA0-4C2B-BEBB-A72EC4D17198.png

4A997C2E-662E-49F8-B85F-52187CA9BAA7.png

I have to admit, unless this is just a flattering photo, your donor is insane considering the amount of grafts. Before any surgery, did your donor feel incredibly thick to touch? 

Yeah I would say so. I remember my Arizona surgeon and the techs there commenting on how I had a high density donor area as well. And honestly I would rather be a little thin in my donor area than on top because I can always get skin fades anyway. Hair on top is more important 

I figure with the amount of grafts I have left and with couto or lorenzo it would only be another 11-16k investment into my hair and happiness fur my life id rather do that then risk another bad result with asmed. $10k over the course of my life is nothing compared  to the improved well being and satisfaction of a nice hairline 

Edited by Der3k7

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I figure with the amount of grafts I have left and with couto or lorenzo it would only be another 11-16k investment into my hair and happiness fur my life id rather do that then risk another bad result with asmed. $10k over the course of my life is nothing compared  to the improved well being and satisfaction of a nice hairline 

You take a DHT blocker, right?

6 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

No I'm not taking anything I tried finasteride and had sexual side effects I'll never use it again 

With the greatest of respect... what exactly are you expecting long term? You are definitely going to lose hair around the transplanted hairline, it's just a case of when.. This could possibly explain why your result wasn't good. Did you try topical at least? I have no experience of it but I heard it has less likelihood of sides. 

Edited by jonnyalex