Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

I still think you should give microneedling&minoxidil a go in your trouble areas for at least 3 months before another procedure to see if you gain some density without surgery but since you’re adamant about another procedure, honestly, if you do more than 1,800-2,000 grafts I feel your donor will look pretty patchy and leave you very unhappy no matter the surgeon or clinic, since you keep your hair short in the back and sides to go along with your look.

Really I feel like it's still pretty decently dense. Dr hasson said I can probably use 15-1800 with him and still have 1000 left over. The area in red looks pretty thick and bushy 

75B751AB-B22F-4547-A4C7-AC86FB3B8A42.jpeg

61938BF2-0D60-4D38-9932-DAB42BD379E2.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Really I feel like it's still pretty decently dense. Dr hasson said I can probably use 15-1800 with him and still have 1000 left over 

Yes, even with these a bit longer donor hair photos you added, I really do think if you get more than 1,800 you’re  asking for more worry and stress because it already looks a bit see thru to your scalp in your donor all over from looking at these photos, just my honest opinion.

Just now, Der3k7 said:

Man I really got fucked over by my last 2 surgeries. Such low yield and so many grafts used. 

I hear ya, and feel for you, it’s a tough and always unknown beforehand situation to be in to wait and expect how progress turns out.

The reason for my opinion is because I think you and I have similar type-hair caliber along with the graying even though I’m a little older than you I did start graying in my early 30’s. Going grey is fine and being able to pull off the “silver fox” look can look great...but I’d donor gets to patchy and see thru and obvious it could throw off the “natural” effect.

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

Oh no im aware my donor is no longer optimal. Cuz I've had so many grafts used already 

True.

Silver-lining though...you’re still fairly young and when dermal papilla cloning becomes a commercial viable reality to give us all an unlimited graft supply then we can move on haha

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Idk how far away we are from that and how much the cost or yield would be though and it doesn't matter as much when I'm 60 vs 27

Supposedly a German scientist team will begin trials before the end of this year. I do see a rush to get some treading action on cloning lately

Probably gonna be expensive as hell instead of 8 per graft by hasson it'll be 12 or 16 maybe? Haha. But even if it came out in just 5 years I'll be making a ton of money so I would still pay for it if it was that expensive and actually worked well.

Edited by Der3k7

On 9/29/2019 at 3:35 PM, jonnyalex said:

I'm not so sure it is best to do separate procedures. I thought the same until I watched a H&W video, where it was explained scar tissue and tethering under the skin after a previous surgery will almost certainly ensure the ultimate result is not as good.

They suggest you get it right the first time by seeing the right surgeon. This is what ultimately impacts upon the result. Their job is considerably more difficult when they have to work around and even implant IN existing scar tissue. It is perhaps for this reason they are hesitant to transplant the amount of grafts he requested and instead recommend half. He will already have considerable scar tissue and scar tethering.

You’re referencing the JT video. Went dr Wong talking about his donor area where the scar tissue was tethering? Not the recipient...

On 10/2/2019 at 9:16 AM, LonelyGraft said:

You’re referencing the JT video. Went dr Wong talking about his donor area where the scar tissue was tethering? Not the recipient...

Not sure why he'd be talking about donor? Tethering wouldn't be an issue in that area as he is only taking hair, not implanting it and hoping it will grow ( unless into previous donor scar ). I only watched it briefly so could be wrong.

So couto said he will need to see me in person to determine if I'm eligible and can do that for me next year and if I am eligible do the transplant within the same week. So it's between him and hasson for me. I love the results I see for couto and hes cheaper but with hasson the waitlist is short and he already determined in eligible and has so many good reviews on Google whereas couto has barely any reviews 

This is not a good result at all, not even average or below average, this is straight up horrible, if you take into consideration the amount of graft that was used and the money you paid which is prob around 12,000  this is bad bad bad, you had a lot of hair pre op, it's not like you were nw7, the only difference I see is the temples and a small difference at the front, you could've had that same result with 1500 graft at any other clinic and it would have costed you like 2k.

You are lucky that you still have any donor hair left, did you ask yourself what if you had no hair left? you would have to live with this result for the rest of you life, you are lucky to get a second chance, not many people get that and the fact that you were considering going back to Asmed is just mind blowing, you should be asking for a refund, where did the 5000 grafts go? 

• Like 1

Yeah I know it's a horrible result for how much hair I had and using 5000 grafts I can't believe how bad the yield was. I'm not going back to asmed they're putting out too many crappy yield results I'm probably going to go to hasson next year cuz he has a ton of great reviews online. And I actually am telling asmed that this is extremely poor considering where I started and that I had 5000 grafts for such marginal improvement. Since I am turning down the free touch up and they are going to be able to fill my alot with a new paying customer and they didn't come anywhere close to their 90% garuntee I think a partial refund is fair. This surgery was actually my 2nd hair transplant. So I've already had 2 extremely mediocre ones 

Edited by Der3k7

6 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah I know it's a horrible result for how much hair I had and using 5000 grafts I can't believe how bad the yield was. I'm not going back to asmed they're putting out too many crappy yield results I'm probably going to go to hasson next year cuz he has a ton of great reviews online. And I actually am telling asmed that this is extremely poor considering where I started and that I had 5000 grafts for such marginal improvement. Since I am turning down the free touch up and they are going to be able to fill my alot with a new paying customer and they didn't come anywhere close to their 90% garuntee I think a partial refund is fair 

It's really upsetting to see these kind of results and people still defend the clinic, you are really lucky to have a great donor area otherwise it would have been tragic. Indeed you should be asking for a partial refund, you paid your hard earned money and you lost a lot of grafts which something money can't bring back, I doubt they will give you any compensation from what I have read they never do that, anyways good luck on your next procedure hopefully things will work out well for you, all the best.

9 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah I've invested 30k across 2 hair transplants and am going to have to do another one for another 15k with hasson 

Your yield looks like 30%. I would strongly advise anyone considering a FUE not to do more than 3500 grafts in one surgery. It is an unnecessary risk and the probability of lower yield is much higher when you go for 4500 or 5000.

Edited by adonix

33 minutes ago, adonix said:

Your yield looks like 30%. I would strongly advise anyone considering a FUE not to do more than 3500 grafts in one surgery. It is an unnecessary risk and the probability of lower yield is much higher when you go for 4500 or 5000.

Is this scientific fact? If so you would hope the surgeon would advise accordingly 

2 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Is this scientific fact? If so you would hope the surgeon would advise accordingly 

Scientific? What about hair surgery is scientific? Its a game of protocols and probabilities. You are right about one thing - you would hope the surgeon would advise accordingly. And guess what - some do.

Edited by adonix