Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

On 9/14/2019 at 9:19 PM, Der3k7 said:

Bro seriously....

What would  you suggest... -_-

I think I look pretty fucking good with what I've got. You can only do so much with a hairline like mine. Let's see your hairstyle 

9C6F8A15-6D80-4048-96A2-01882BA5E95A.jpeg

2827636C-57F5-4A93-93AE-98144C9D677D.jpeg

7650917C-4728-49A5-87BB-CCCCA2FAF620.png

Bro your hair looks amazing lol, and that style is currently killing it.

Pay no attention to potatoes like that guy

• Thanks 1

10.5 months. Extremely see through and basically looks no different from the before pictures on the top. I don't have a hairline and obvious gap of baldness splitting right in the center of my hairline. Very bad result for 5000 grafts and where I started. If you look closely at the top picture you can still see the pinkness of the recipient area. Which is fine but it just goes to show you where the recipient area and hairline were supposed to be and how little hair grew.

A804C849-F67C-495B-95DB-FC20457D52FB.jpeg

B78F7895-7D78-4951-A986-941A3524CE6B.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7

1 minute ago, hairlossPA said:

and you decided to get a touch up from asmed? what is the plan again?

Yeah because I mean I still see good results coming from them like in a couple posts recently there were some patients that had 4-5000 grafts and the result/improvement was really big. I just can't believe how unlucky I am to have had such shitty results like this. 

• Administrators

In my opinion, your hair looks fantastic when styled. I don’t see you needing many grafts to achieve your desired look, but be careful. Always remember that hair transplants will never bring back original density. You may always see some weaknesses depending on lighting etc.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No I had 5000 grafts. That lack of hairline is very bad for that many grafts were used. The yield was clearly low. I don't expect original density but my hairline is see through and there really isn't even a distinct angular hairline because the density is too low

Edited by Der3k7

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

No I had 5000 grafts. That lack of hairline is very bad for that many grafts were used. The yield was clearly low. I don't expect original density but my hairline is see through and there really isn't even a distinct angular hairline because the density is too low

I'm not saying you got a good result. I am saying that currently your hair doesn't look bad. That said, yes for the grafts used, it is obvious the yield was sub-par. I think that your hair looks night and day difference when it's styled, that's probably why you were suggested a different hairstyle. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Can taking a lot of ibuprofen in the first 2 weeks after a hair transplant cause the grafts to not take 

Considering many doctors advise patients to take ibuprofen post op to help with pain/swelling, I would doubt it. Were you taking very high doses? What for?

I had a lot of pain in my donor area from both surgeries for like 2 weeks and I usually need 800mg of ibuprofen to feel relief from pain. I did that 3 times per day as needed as I felt pain creep back in after 6 hours for 2 weeks 

8 hours ago, munich said:

You really want go back ? I mean your donor reserves aren't infinitely ...be careful about future loss. One more failure and it will be very difficult to rescue the whole situation.

Hey I just saw your results thread and you had bad results like mine. Did you decide on a different clinic to go try again? If so what surgeon? I'm feeling very uneasy about going back to asmed to be honest. I already bought the plane ticket too so I'd have to throw that away if I decide not to go and to use a different surgeon and I'll also have to pay another surgery cost. What do you think?

9 hours ago, munich said:

You really want go back ? I mean your donor reserves aren't infinitely ...be careful about future loss. One more failure and it will be very difficult to rescue the whole situation.

This guy had a pretty good result from asmed recently. 

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/53560-fue-5015-grafts-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-1st-4th-march-2019/

Theres no way ibruprofen would have affected your growth.  The biggest cause of poor growth is poor handling of the grafts and trauma to them in the transplantation process via handling or scabbing.

Also you weren't the unlucky one to have poor growth.  Online forums are probably not a balanced reflection of the quality of results.  Theres way more sub par results out there that kept off the forums with patients getting touch ups and not updating forums.

Although consistency appears to be improving in general there are still no guarantees with either FUE/FUT.  At least you don't have a strip scar if you ever wanted to buzz down.

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

What about that Juan couto guy 

I've heard good things but haven't researched him all that much.   What you want is to minimise as much risk as you can and have a Dr who will do as much as the procedure as possible themselves..  Clinics also like , Lupanzula spring to mind too in hands on Doc's..   

The 2 things that always made me steer clear of clinics like ASMED are they use way too many grafts for area covered ..  Not entirely sure if you get what you pay for really.  Also technician led surgeries for me a no no.  Not doubting they can get good results but too many variables..

Theres another clinic where the Dr caps it at 500 grafts a day but gets top notch results each time so could be 4 day surgery but high chances.. Cant recall his name now .. hopefully someone can chime in

3 minutes ago, BaldingBogger said:

I've heard good things but haven't researched him all that much.   What you want is to minimise as much risk as you can and have a Dr who will do as much as the procedure as possible themselves..  Clinics also like , Lupanzula spring to mind too in hands on Doc's..   

The 2 things that always made me steer clear of clinics like ASMED are they use way too many grafts for area covered ..  Not entirely sure if you get what you pay for really.  Also technician led surgeries for me a no no.  Not doubting they can get good results but too many variables..

Theres another clinic where the Dr caps it at 500 grafts a day but gets top notch results each time so could be 4 day surgery but high chances.. Cant recall his name now .. hopefully someone can chime in

Just type fue expert clinic on YouTube and there are tons of videos showing amazing results