GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Moderators

Looking good.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I’m ready to rock n roll! 😎👍

408DF4D7-698B-4508-ABFA-945FCFB46E75.jpeg

C5325D54-AA68-48C5-B141-0B0F4DD929CD.jpeg

35D400F0-19B5-4828-BE05-BD08534CB3D9.jpeg

These outside photos are truly impressive considering this is your first pass with Eugenix.

It’s seriously crazy how far you’ve come..👌🏻🔥

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The results are wonderful for you and show the Community what can be accomplished cosmetically for a higher Norwood who does his due diligence and picks a clinic that is capable and willing to address his goals. Baldness, thus, becomes a choice not a life long condition without option. There is no doubt in my mind that certain clinics are better for higher Norwoods, certain ones for afro, certain ones for high density artitisc juvi hairlines, etc. There is no one size fits all---even with geography and budget out of the equation. Thank you so much for all the sharing you do.

Edited by Mountinvan
  • Thanks 1

I think you should consider going to a high-end colorist just to see what they could do - something really high quality that looks as natural as possible.

I am not critiquing your choice of hair dye - just would like to see some finesse.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

The results are wonderful for you and show the Community what can be accomplished cosmetically for a higher Norwood who does his due diligence and picks a clinic that is capable and willing to address his goals. Baldness, thus, becomes a choice not a life long condition without option. There is no doubt in my mind that certain clinics are better for higher Norwoods, certain ones for afro, certain ones for high density artitisc juvi hairlines, etc. There is no one size fits all---even with geography and budget out of the equation. Thank you so much for all the sharing you do.

Many thanks @Mountinvan and yes I agree on all of your points too! 🙏

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, jjsrader said:

I think you should consider going to a high-end colorist just to see what they could do - something really high quality that looks as natural as possible.

I am not critiquing your choice of hair dye - just would like to see some finesse.

@jjsrader I totally agree. I'm having my second procedure in 7 weeks and I will have my head shaven once again. Otherwise I would definitely get a much better hair dresser now. It was originally medium brown but everytime they have touched up the color something has gone wrong.

• Like 2

Hey Gatsby on the color thing, I'm not sure what you use or they offer or how much grey you're working with... but I've had great luck with a natural look with just for men comb in color, I have a fair amount of greys too on the side I use the medium brown one. Solid results and allows for self-management and at home touch ups, kinda easier than salon work and if it ends up working for you. Though I would say, they say let it sit for 10 minutes to set before showering it out, I wait about 20. 

On that second procedure, are you headed back to Eugenix?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I had a great night. No one could pic a thing! 🙏

E6D01FDC-486D-49E1-8038-6E052C31A435.thumb.jpeg.664905ce01492e672f7f0a6a4141b506.jpeg

873A8137-568F-414B-8566-847E070C6C26.jpeg

C9DE45FF-C888-40F7-8BD9-B68C69AAE940.jpeg

Look at you all minted up …and we think now is the time to officially confirm that you are the forums new “ Top G “ 

take a bow sir 🤜🤛🥂

• Haha 1

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, ray35 said:

Hey Gatsby on the color thing, I'm not sure what you use or they offer or how much grey you're working with... but I've had great luck with a natural look with just for men comb in color, I have a fair amount of greys too on the side I use the medium brown one. Solid results and allows for self-management and at home touch ups, kinda easier than salon work and if it ends up working for you. Though I would say, they say let it sit for 10 minutes to set before showering it out, I wait about 20. 

On that second procedure, are you headed back to Eugenix?

Yes heading back in January 🙏

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Look at you all minted up …and we think now is the time to officially confirm that you are the forums new “ Top G “ 

take a bow sir 🤜🤛🥂

Zoomster if I’m you’re ‘Top G’ then you are my ‘Ice Man!’ Who loves you baby! 🙌🤩

Edited by Gatsby
  • Haha 1

Gatsby - you have always been one of the nicest people on this site and I'm just so thrilled you got what you deserved. Good things happen to good people and you are a great, couragous and generous human being. May your life be filled with joy and never another worry about hairloss.

I will raise a glass to you even though we have never met 🙏

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Surfarosa said:

Gatsby - you have always been one of the nicest people on this site and I'm just so thrilled you got what you deserved. Good things happen to good people and you are a great, couragous and generous human being. May your life be filled with joy and never another worry about hairloss.

I will raise a glass to you even though we have never met 🙏

@Surfarosa thank you very much for the kind words. Yes life is good and I cannot complain. 🙏

• Administrators
On 11/24/2022 at 10:16 PM, Gatsby said:

I’m ready to rock n roll! 😎👍

408DF4D7-698B-4508-ABFA-945FCFB46E75.jpeg

C5325D54-AA68-48C5-B141-0B0F4DD929CD.jpeg

35D400F0-19B5-4828-BE05-BD08534CB3D9.jpeg

Holy crap how did I miss this update, it really took off! You look incredible mate, it’s summer in Australia right? Looks like you’ll be enjoying the sun and those luscious locks. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow, what an amazing result!  You're always quick to share your kindness and encouragement   to all of us newbies on here.  Congratulations on your outstanding progress and best of luck on your upcoming procedure.  You are greatly appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Gatsby 

Firstly, congrats on the spectacular outcome. You must be happy beyond words.

Is there a single source/post that outlines your back story? I’m particularly interested because from the pieces I’ve picked up, it seems very similar to my own - botched work in the 80s; raised hopes and disappointments;  resorting to systems etc. I think we’re roughly the same age.

I’d particularly love to know how you dealt with the practicalities of ditching wearing a system to biting the bullet and having that mega session with Eugenix.

I’m very inspired by what I’ve read about you and hope it gets me across my own line. I was particularly taken with the emotion you felt after 37 years of angst. For me, it’s at 35 and counting!

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
On 12/5/2022 at 8:17 PM, Bamboo said:

Hi Gatsby 

Firstly, congrats on the spectacular outcome. You must be happy beyond words.

Is there a single source/post that outlines your back story? I’m particularly interested because from the pieces I’ve picked up, it seems very similar to my own - botched work in the 80s; raised hopes and disappointments;  resorting to systems etc. I think we’re roughly the same age.

I’d particularly love to know how you dealt with the practicalities of ditching wearing a system to biting the bullet and having that mega session with Eugenix.

I’m very inspired by what I’ve read about you and hope it gets me across my own line. I was particularly taken with the emotion you felt after 37 years of angst. For me, it’s at 35 and counting!

I hear you @Bamboo an the 80's were a horrible time to go bald because of the limit of options. You couldn't shave it because you were deemed to be an ex con or a skin head if you did. Hairpieces were a big deal for a young guy and surgery was at best obvious and at worst artificial looking. Juri flaps and scalp reductions were in hindsight barbaric surgical procedures and did nothing but to leave scars and stretched scalp tissue years later. I was absolutely ready to shave my head about 15 years ago if it wasn't for the scars both front and back. Finally SMP came along and it gave me enough camouflage to pull the pin and just shave it all off. But here I am about to post my 'slightly early' 11 month update. 👍

• Like 2