GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

your donor area in the last photo looks solid considering all the things you have been through. There is no reason You cant have a great head of hair with time patience and money ofcourse

Edited by shiba1985
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, Vann said:

wow... and to think youre only going to keep improving until month 16 and have the potential for another procedure. Happy to see your results coming to fruition man. 

What are you thoughts on smp or PRP? Have you ever considered or tried it?

Thanks for the kind words. I have had SMP. I had PRP included in the surgery but (and it's just my personal thoughts) I don't see PRP as a viable stand alone, long term treatment. I am happy though that Dr Pradeep has stated that I still have 4,000 odd scalp/beard grafts remaining for my next surgery when the time comes. 🙏

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Because my armpits smell worse! 🤢🤣

Lol. Excellent response!!!

Though, since I hope to have BHT done at Eugenix next year (and I don't have a dense enough beard to harvest donor from), I'm still curious whether or not underarm hair is a viable source of donor hair and why they didn't harvest yours. Certainly is wasn't because you objected! You were clearly down for all the grafts you could get! Which I applaud... 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, David R said:

Lol. Excellent response!!!

Though, since I hope to have BHT done at Eugenix next year (and I don't have a dense enough beard to harvest donor from), I'm still curious whether or not underarm hair is a viable source of donor hair and why they didn't harvest yours. Certainly is wasn't because you objected! You were clearly down for all the grafts you could get! Which I applaud... 

The pubic hair into my donor scars wasn't really on the table until the final day. The donor scar was the last on a love list of things that I would love to have corrected (if possible). The use of scalp, let alone beard grafts would have been a waste for the donor scars. As you can see my hair grown out covers the donor scars and the SMP also hides them. Adding grafts into there was just the cherry on top. Most people wouldn't bother but I'm up for anything. Also remember that when it comes to body hair, it has a much shorter anagen phase than beard (as beard does to scalp hair). Beard hair will always be the first choice for a donor source second to scalp hair. You may be surprised at how many grafts you might be able to extract from your beard? I don't have a particularly strong beard compared to some. All the best.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

The pubic hair into my donor scars wasn't really on the table until the final day. The donor scar was the last on a love list of things that I would love to have corrected (if possible). The use of scalp, let alone beard grafts would have been a waste for the donor scars. As you can see my hair grown out covers the donor scars and the SMP also hides them. Adding grafts into there was just the cherry on top. Most people wouldn't bother but I'm up for anything. Also remember that when it comes to body hair, it has a much shorter anagen phase than beard (as beard does to scalp hair). Beard hair will always be the first choice for a donor source second to scalp hair. You may be surprised at how many grafts you might be able to extract from your beard? I don't have a particularly strong beard compared to some. All the best.

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Greatly appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
Just now, David R said:

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Greatly appreciated. 

My pleasure. I've already had nearly 4,500 grafts taken from my 'very average' beard and I can still grow a beard. Dr Sethi will assess my hair next month but he's very happy with the results thus far and expects another 2k to come from the beard alone. Like I said @David R you may be pleasantly surprised! 👍

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 3:17 AM, Gatsby said:

SEVEN MONTH UPDATE

Today is actually month seven on my hair restoration journey. Photos taken in outdoor lighting (indoors this looks a whole lot fuller). 🤩 I have to say that I am very happy with the results on my Norwood 7 noggin so far, along with the depleted/scarred donor that I had. Hair is coming in through the crown and with fibres I can now pull off a full head of hair look. At month 12 I will wait to assess everything but I am looking at having a second session some time in the future to address the crown and any weak areas.

Hair 7.3.jpg

Hair 7.1.jpg

Hair 7.2.jpg

Hair 7.png

What a change! And you still have another 5 months for final assessment. This is really happening!
Also, that donor looks outstanding 🤗

Thanks for sharing your experience @Gatsby !!! Keep those updates coming please!

• Thanks 1

I’m totally with you with the indoor v outdoor difference …it quite literally is night and day difference..it’s looking really good Adrian ..I just know on a night out all fibred up ..looks unbelievable..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
On 8/27/2022 at 3:56 AM, Zoomster said:

I’m totally with you with the indoor v outdoor difference …it quite literally is night and day difference..it’s looking really good Adrian ..I just know on a night out all fibred up ..looks unbelievable..

Thanks Karl. Yes spot on. Indoors my hair looks quite full all over and with fibres it's like I never went bald to begin with. The outdoor pic updates are to keep the results 'honest' and for potential patients to see and realize that surgery will never return you to having a head of hair like you did when you were 16.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/26/2022 at 3:01 AM, Gatsby said:

Taken in doors under unnatural lighting with my clothes off! 🤩

8EB78A87-5490-434C-8F76-B94C097998B0.jpeg

Wow, truly inspirational! I just read through all the 15 pages. This is amazing transformation and I am really happy for you, Adrian! All the best with this journey!! 

Edited by kumardarshan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
35 minutes ago, BaldingEye said:

Ha ha haaaa!! This is too funny! You are the man @Gatsby and that hair of yours is looking AWESOME!
It's a pleasure to follow you my friend. Keep those photos coming : )

Many thanks @BaldingEye! 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

Eight Months Today 

Im at the eight month mark and I’m really due for a hair cut. I’m delighted  with the results so far. I feel I ‘May’ be going through an anagen desyncrinization period. But again overall I am extremely happy. There are still tiny white hairs pushing through the mid section. My second procedure next year will be focusing on the crown. 

3E3EFDC3-83A0-4E09-9AD1-719D652F667C.png

8A0E0A31-4448-45FD-9DD6-724CDE4CEB02.jpeg

92616543-F9E6-43BB-942B-72351A228286.png

126C681F-9A62-44BB-8AC3-6CD10EE4E1AB.jpeg

• Like 5

A big difference from where you started mate, I'm sure there is more visual growth to come in the remaining months since body hair and beard hair will sprout at a shorter rate compared strong scalp hair. I could be wrong... wishing you all the best Adrian 

• Thanks 1