GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

MONTH FIVE

Apologies in advance. I’m just getting over Covid and I haven’t had my hair photographer with me to take my monthly pics. These photos show the five month results thus far. Bare in mind I was a slick Norwood 7 with poor donor, two previous punch graft surgeries and scars. I think the fact the scars are now hidden is as much a triumph to me as having hair is. I need to dye my hair again but this is what it is to date. I’m already in talks with Dr Pradeep for a second surgery which blows me away but more about that later. 

B2DB211F-40D2-43F4-A099-1D0597021208.jpeg

9109305E-D1F2-4D22-9646-A9776F6BA40D.jpeg

45ED0615-CE80-49E3-A8FF-3862FBA9AC86.jpeg

Thank you for your update. We wish you a speedy recovery from COVID. Your results are always a joy to witness.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

MONTH FIVE

Apologies in advance. I’m just getting over Covid and I haven’t had my hair photographer with me to take my monthly pics. These photos show the five month results thus far. Bare in mind I was a slick Norwood 7 with poor donor, two previous punch graft surgeries and scars. I think the fact the scars are now hidden is as much a triumph to me as having hair is. I need to dye my hair again but this is what it is to date. I’m already in talks with Dr Pradeep for a second surgery which blows me away but more about that later. 

Looking good. Did they transplant hairs into your scars which helped cover them up? Your smp looked good, what made you want to get your hair back. Sometimes I wonder if I should just go bald and smp my scar and not constantly have to worry about hair. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, HairTrippin said:

Looking good. Did they transplant hairs into your scars which helped cover them up? Your smp looked good, what made you want to get your hair back. Sometimes I wonder if I should just go bald and smp my scar and not constantly have to worry about hair. 

I did have hair transplanted into the scar in the back donor region. However just by growing my hair out conceals it. Also Dr Pradeep created my hairline so that it basically covers the scar running along across my hairline. For so much of my life it was like wearing the 'mark of Cain.' I liked the SMP as it finally freed me from 25 years of wearing a hair piece to hide my baldness and scars. Yes I did like my SMP look and many people commented on my 'shaved head' look very favorably. But the scar along my hairline was quite low and at times in bright light, people who met me for the first time who were up close could notice it and then I would be hit with that God awful question, 'How did you get that scar?' So having hair has solved that problem. I hope that helps. 👍

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Wow Gatsby, coming on great!

How’s the top & the crown doing?

@Berba11 thanks man. The crown will always be my weakest point but the grafts placed in there are growing and more are following suit. If I have a second surgery that will be the main point of attack I would say. However having said that at 55 I may also choose to style the hair back to cover it and I'm ok with that. I'll get some pics up of the crown and top in the next day or so. The first goal has been achieved and that is the scars are no longer. The hair I will challenge to the point where I can take it as far as I can. Again, this is still only five months. Cheers!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

@Gatsbyhow prevalent is the scarring in the beard?

@5BetaReductase as you can see in the pics, at 5 months my cheeks appear a little red perhaps, but there is no discernible scarring. Same with my chest. Considering 4,500 beard grafts were taken from my beard (and I still have one) I'm delighted with how this donor area appears at 5 months post op!

• Thanks 1

looking good! how long do you plan to have your hair? i notice the donor area is already getting quite long. have your crown begin to show good growth or is it slower than the front?

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, mafpe said:

looking good! how long do you plan to have your hair?

God willing for another 30 years with a bit of luck! 😉 I'm going to grow my hair out for as long as possible. Maybe even for the whole 12 months and then make a decision? The crown is growing at a slower rate than the rest for sure but it is growing. I also commenced topical Minoxidil about 6 weeks ago so i want to see what that may do. Not just in terms of the crown but all over really. One thing I feel is that it may have caused a shed over the past couple of weeks. Then again it may just be the rate at which the grafts are deciding to grow on their own. Either way I will stick with Minoxidil over the long haul.

oh i meant in length ahhaha sorry that sound's off now 😂, and yes, hopefully it's be there till the end, and for now it looks very promising, especially for only 5 month those photos looks like you have a full hair.

i notice when i was starting receding, that having trimmed sides makes it so that my front and top doesn't look as thin, which is why i've been having the mainstream cut instead of medium hair now.

i think i had problem with shedding the first few months with minoxidil also, and seeing how many other reports the same, i'm guessing it's just the first couple months, after that the problem dissapeared, and if anything, i think i shed a little less compared to before using minox, so it's a good thing to use.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

MONTH FIVE

If you could upload photos with more light to see the details would be better i guess, cause these photos are a bit dark. also a photo from top of head and crown is missing. Wish you all the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

God willing for another 30 years with a bit of luck! 😉 I'm going to grow my hair out for as long as possible. Maybe even for the whole 12 months and then make a decision? The crown is growing at a slower rate than the rest for sure but it is growing. I also commenced topical Minoxidil about 6 weeks ago so i want to see what that may do. Not just in terms of the crown but all over really. One thing I feel is that it may have caused a shed over the past couple of weeks. Then again it may just be the rate at which the grafts are deciding to grow on their own. Either way I will stick with Minoxidil over the long haul.

Mate, to see how far you have come is inspiring, and really makes me happy for you AND for future MPB sufferers, knowing what surgery is capable of nowadays.

Still a few months to go of course, but in the mean time i really recommend you try a skin fade cut.

Many guys seem to shy away from this style of haircut but i highly recommend you try it as it will take the bulk away from the sides and help the illusion of the top being wayyy thicker than it is.

Also, how is the finasteride going..? I seem to remember you had some sides from it, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Killer side profile, Gatsby. Already looks super natural! Sorry to hear about the COVID, but good to see you up and running. 

Hoping to see a top view soon to get a sense of thickness. Cheers mate you look beaming in the photos.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Yes I’m not trying to go for the mad professor look but just trying to find where the weak spots are over the 12 month period. I may even cut the back and sides short. 👍

Yup, In my opinion, you should shorten your hair a little from the sides and back to look even better. 👍

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Mate, to see how far you have come is inspiring, and really makes me happy for you AND for future MPB sufferers, knowing what surgery is capable of nowadays.

Still a few months to go of course, but in the mean time i really recommend you try a skin fade cut.

Many guys seem to shy away from this style of haircut but i highly recommend you try it as it will take the bulk away from the sides and help the illusion of the top being wayyy thicker than it is.

Also, how is the finasteride going..? I seem to remember you had some sides from it, right?

Many thanks @follically challenged. Yes I stopped the Finasteride as I developed sides again at 1mg every other day. I might stick to 0.5mg or look at a topical option. 

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

MONTH FIVE

Looking good!  You never buzzed it? Just let it grow out? 

Only the half way mark and you look as good as this?!!! Can't imagine what the next 5 month will bring. 

I think a high and tight cut would look killer on you!😉👍 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1