GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

On 7/18/2022 at 6:36 AM, Gatsby said:

SIX MONTH UP DATE

I’m a week short of six months since my surgery. These photos are taken in out door lighting to give you the best view of how my hair appears. Indoors (and obviously with hair fibers) it looks a lot different. Personally I am elated that all of my scars are hidden and people who I have not seen for over six months believe that I have simply stopped shaving my head. Throughout the crown and midsection of my scalp, 4-5mm hairs are popping up everywhere, which will be what I believe to be the next phase to push the results even further over the next six months. Most of all a big shout of of thanks to Dr Pradeep Sethi and everyone on this forum for your kind support! 🙏

8D4F7355-7373-4588-8C4F-A5469AE4A8FE.jpeg

4B945195-3D61-4B60-BDAE-0D3921084EFE.jpeg

6764AFD2-B993-4696-8D4D-B1E1C23665EF.jpeg

CA219D4F-E7F8-45D6-87EE-CE27B6A1A34A.png

Bravo! That is looking great amigo!

• Thanks 1

This is mind blowing, you look like a completely different person

Are the body hairs starting to soften and take the texture of scalp hair? How is their growth cycle, growing longer or do they fall out soon? Will you be doing another surgery for the crown? And do you use any hair products like gels/hair sprays to make the body hairs behave? 

This makes me so pleased man, BHT is so looked down upon but look at your results. Just amazing 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

This is mind blowing, you look like a completely different person

Are the body hairs starting to soften and take the texture of scalp hair? How is their growth cycle, growing longer or do they fall out soon? Will you be doing another surgery for the crown? And do you use any hair products like gels/hair sprays to make the body hairs behave? 

This makes me so pleased man, BHT is so looked down upon but look at your results. Just amazing 

@LookMaxx many thanks for the kind words. It's actually officially six months today since my surgery. So far all I have done is color my hair (as my beard grafts and some of my scalp hair is white). I have only had one trim but I didn't have the transplanted hair on top trimmed. I haven't noticed any hair shedding at all with the exception of the odd one or two hairs occasionally as per normal. Definitely the longer the hairs grow the softer they appear to be blending in as one. The beard hair is not wiry and is softening for sure (my beard was never super thick so this could be why and the same with my chest hair). My crown is quite a large area, yet it's really only been over the past say eight weeks that hair has been growing out in this area. I'm also happy to say that it is also growing in the correct whirl pattern that appears in the crown normally. There is a 'sea' of new hair now coming through all over in the crown, and top scalp that's probably one centimeter long now. As these hairs grow more in length I will dye my hair again soon so that these hairs blend in with the others to give a more uniform look. I am not using any styling products whatsoever. The only thing I add is minoxidil 5% each day and a hair vitamin capsule everyday also. I'm using Nizoral hair shampoo 2% 2-3 times per week. I will wait until at least twelve months but I am open and most probably will have a second procedure with Dr Pradeep Sethi. Most likely it will be for the crown and any weak spots that may remain. Many thanks again and all the best!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@LookMaxx many thanks for the kind words. It's actually officially six months today since my surgery. So far all I have done is color my hair (as my beard grafts and some of my scalp hair is white). I have only had one trim but I didn't have the transplanted hair on top trimmed. I haven't noticed any hair shedding at all with the exception of the odd one or two hairs occasionally as per normal. Definitely the longer the hairs grow the softer they appear to be blending in as one. The beard hair is not wiry and is softening for sure (my beard was never super thick so this could be why and the same with my chest hair). My crown is quite a large area, yet it's really only been over the past say eight weeks that hair has been growing out in this area. I'm also happy to say that it is also growing in the correct whirl pattern that appears in the crown normally. There is a 'sea' of new hair now coming through all over in the crown, and top scalp that's probably one centimeter long now. As these hairs grow more in length I will dye my hair again soon so that these hairs blend in with the others to give a more uniform look. I am not using any styling products whatsoever. The only thing I add is minoxidil 5% each day and a hair vitamin capsule everyday also. I'm using Nizoral hair shampoo 2% 2-3 times per week. I will wait until at least twelve months but I am open and most probably will have a second procedure with Dr Pradeep Sethi. Most likely it will be for the crown and any weak spots that may remain. Many thanks again and all the best!

Has it changed your love life in anyway? Or how people treat you?

I know I am asking like a million questions lol but I am so curious. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
36 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

Has it changed your love life in anyway? Or how people treat you?

I know I am asking like a million questions lol but I am so curious. 

No I always had confidence with women and always had a girlfriend. Even now my self esteem and confidence is not dependent upon having hair now. I did this really for myself. It was like a present to myself after a lifetime of scars. 

F8EC7A99-03B3-4B0E-8123-71DE7E3AA525.jpeg

A6640F86-4851-47CA-8EC0-EF46EF1E03AC.jpeg

4787FCDE-9637-49BA-B270-47E4BF963BBB.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

No I always had confidence with women and always had a girlfriend. Even now my self esteem and confidence is not dependent upon having hair now. I did this really for myself. It was like a present to myself after a lifetime of scars. 

one of the lucky guys who actually suits a bald head lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Must be nice not to have your love life affected by hair, It has been pretty brutal for me. Choice of girls until September 2018 to a year later no luck even on dating apps lol, I must look horrible bald 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

At what length does it start curling? Looks pretty straight after a trim?

It really needs to grow out to about three or four inches for it to start to curl. I'll keep at this length until month twelve. After that I'll have a bit of fun with it growing it out. 👍

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
Just now, hairman22 said:

looking very good very age appropriate

2nd transplant would really help too

not only more hair on top but actually thinning out the donor more will have less of a contrast between the top the sides

@hairman22 thanks mate. It's still early days as I've said and I've never worn my hair this way in my life. But it helps to get an idea by keeping the donor short to see what's happening on top during the growth phase post op. I can feel more grafts budding up top coming through now and also in the crown. With fibres I'm now able to pull off a pretty good full head of hair look. But I'm more concerned about my hair dresser. Last time I looked it was medium brown not 'red?' 🤔 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are getting great results man and you're still only at the sixth month! Congratulations and I also dig your very healthy mentality of seeing this as a present to yourself, not a key to some magical lala land of chicks and honey. 

You gotta fix the color but that'll come later on, once everything's grown in good and proper!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

You are getting great results man and you're still only at the sixth month! Congratulations and I also dig your very healthy mentality of seeing this as a present to yourself, not a key to some magical lala land of chicks and honey. 

You gotta fix the color but that'll come later on, once everything's grown in good and proper!

The chics and honey have always been there!🤣 The babes are not back but I am! Yes spot on. I did this purely for myself for personal reasons that I've shared with the forum (scars, etc). 🙏

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Amazing this is halfway through your journey. So happy and delighted to see you transform before the communities eyes.

8A1CE9C5-F320-421F-ABFF-668B20B94559.jpeg

• Like 21

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.