GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

So hard to see anything that may have gone wrong for you. From the donor to the entire scalp and temple points, it all looks great! I know it's so early in the process but it's hard to imagine any scenario where this is not a complete success in every way for you Adrian. For me, I was so giddy even during the ugly duck phase, because I was oozing with confidence knowing that it would be successful coming from the best clinic in Eugenix. This is an absolute homerun in the making my friend, just sit back and relax!🧘‍♂️

Edited by MazAB
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Glad it is all going well, Gatsby.

I just wanted to ask how you are getting on with your finasteride dose? I seem to remember you are on 0.5mg Monday, Wednesday and Friday, right?

Have you had any negative effects from that whatsoever...?

@follically challenged I have now been on 1mg of finasteride Mon, Wed and Friday with no problems. I may challenge the drug further by either adding 1mg on Sunday or by starting with 0.5mg on the days I'm not taking it. 👍

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, mmokin said:

@Gatsbydid you ever have FUE before this procedure? and also how many grafts did you use for the prior strip surgeries you had?

@mmokin prior to this with Dr Sethi I had two really bad 'punch graft' surgeries when I was just 18!(hence why I am really focused on trying to prevent young guys jumping into surgery based on emotion)!! This left two rows of lumpy 4mm holes right across the back of my head. About 12 years after this I had a strip surgery on one row of scars to narrow the width of the scar. It did and then I was going to have the second row of punch graft scars taken out in a strip but I gave up on the idea and left it as it was. Overall I have no idea how many grafts were wasted in the sweet spot of the donor region. I would imagine something like 3K all up and every single one of them just ended up going down the drain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
On 2/16/2022 at 11:44 PM, BeHappy said:

It looks like they used your entire beard area for grafts. How well is that all healing? I've been afraid to take out any FUE grafts from my cheeks and sideburns.

@BeHappy my face where the beard grafts were taken healed within a few days. I was shaving within a week. I can still grow a beard however at my age a beard will only help me audition for santa claus so I told Dr Sethi that he can take as many beard grafts that he feels necessary. The redness is now only on my cheeks and is disappearing weekly. It's still way to soon post op to judge anything at all. All the best!

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
17 minutes ago, MazAB said:

So hard to see anything that may have gone wrong for you. From the donor to the entire scalp and temple points, it all looks great! I know it's so early in the process but it's hard to imagine any scenario where this is not a complete success in every way for you Adrian. For me, I was so giddy even during the ugly duck phase, because I was oozing with confidence knowing that it would be successful coming from the best clinic in Eugenix. This is an absolute homerun in the making my friend, just sit back and relax!🧘‍♂️

Thanks Armen for your support as always and the kind words. Yes I've just gone back to my usual life and I don't even think about my results or look at it obsessively in the mirror (well maybe once or twice a day 😉). I've booked a trip to Thailand in May and I'm more excited about looking forward to that than where my hair will be by then! 😂🙏

• Like 3

Looking really good, Gatsby. Missed your thread initially, but very happy for you mate, I have no doubts it will come in very nicely as the months go by and you'll finally be able to put your hair woes behind you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@mmokin prior to this with Dr Sethi I had two really bad 'punch graft' surgeries when I was just 18!(hence why I am really focused on trying to prevent young guys jumping into surgery based on emotion)!! This left two rows of lumpy 4mm holes right across the back of my head. About 12 years after this I had a strip surgery on one row of scars to narrow the width of the scar. It did and then I was going to have the second row of punch graft scars taken out in a strip but I gave up on the idea and left it as it was. Overall I have no idea how many grafts were wasted in the sweet spot of the donor region. I would imagine something like 3K all up and every single one of them just ended up going down the drain.

so did you remove reciepient grafts as well with a strip surgery too?

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, mmokin said:

so did you remove reciepient grafts as well with a strip surgery too?

Yes. The 'plugs' in the frontal hairline looked like rows of corn or doll's hair. I wish I had photos of them but I was so embarrassed that I had them surgically removed over several years by a plastic surgeon (I have tried to contact his practice for the photos he took of them some time ago but he had long retired by then and they couldn't find the pics he took). So yes the punch grafts in the recipient site were also wasted. This left me with another problem and that was a lifetime scar running across my hairline. The surgery with Dr Sethi solved this problem.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
43 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Looking really good, Gatsby. Missed your thread initially, but very happy for you mate, I have no doubts it will come in very nicely as the months go by and you'll finally be able to put your hair woes behind you. 

Many thanks @JDEE0. 🙏

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Yes. The 'plugs' in the frontal hairline looked like rows of corn or doll's hair. I wish I had photos of them but I was so embarrassed that I had them surgically removed over several years by a plastic surgeon (I have tried to contact his practice for the photos he took of them some time ago but he had long retired by then and they couldn't find the pics he took). So yes the punch grafts in the recipient site were also wasted. This left me with another problem and that was a lifetime scar running across my hairline. The surgery with Dr Sethi solved this problem.

im sorry to hear that man, atleast its all behind you now thank you for sharing your story

• Like 1

You said you feel a calmness to you, like you’re content. Can you explain why, is it cause the fact that this has bothered you for so long and now is something you don’t have to dwell at. It’s very interesting and I’m happy for you that you’ve reached this stage! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 1:28 AM, Gatsby said:

My One Month Update.

Frontal one month.jpg

Back one month.jpg

left side one month.jpg

Right side one month.jpg

Time is flying! Already 1 month and looking like it should. And that donor, I am impressed how homogeneous it looks.

How is the beard looking? Have you let it grow a little bit at some point to see the overall look?

Keep the photos coming! 🤗

• Thanks 1

Really great write up Adrian and really glad for you to feel like you might finally get a piece of what you hoped to have all those years ago. 

1 month is definitely just a starting step but you are looking solid for that post-op period. Hoping to see how the next 11 go. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
On 3/3/2022 at 8:03 AM, blast said:

Hi Gatsby - a little off topic but knowing you are Australian and have likely done due diligence, I am wondering if you could please provide a recommendation for travel insurance while travelling for a transplant? I'll be off to Turkey in April to see Pekiner.

Hope everything is going well with your growth!

I just went with what my travel agent offered which was Cover More. All the best with your surgery.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Well I think I got my first real compliment tonight. I've just arrived home from work and just before I left a colleague told me that I needed to go and have a shave. Considering that I had 4,000 odd grafts taken from my beard I'll pay that!😂🙏In two weeks I will upload my 2 month progress pics.

• Like 8

• Administrators

@Gatsby will overthrow Rahul as the greatest repair ever! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Enjoyed reading your writeup and experience by 1st to the last word of OP!

Not sure what's your profession, but you definetely have talent for writing :), cause so nice described all steps, reading your amazing write i almost felt like was there in Delhi, and could feel Eugenix clinics, farm house, etc. , like some move scenrio you described some real, life's situation!

I know about your past cases with HT and young ages, and i'm really glad cause of you, had feeling readin your experience, like some my good friend solved his big problem, as i know how much it means to you! By this your story, can be recorded some nice movie, as this is really big life's experience and story what you past, and really felt your words "but tears of just sheer pure joy" , really felt that you whole time waited for this moment and by years acummulated all those bad experienced and finally came day of  pure joy as you said ;) !

Wish you FAST recovery, and fast - good growth! As can see you have bring with you  nice spirit, positive energy, joking, it's my way in life too, and by that attitude think result will be good too in your case ;) .

And thanks to you, @Melvin- Moderator , @J.A.C , @Egy , many HRN members found right clinics-doctors, and didn't do wrong choice, sure thanks to many other members which i can't remember nick names, but as you hold this forum keep good spirit and all feel here as brotherhood ;) .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, blackislback said:

Enjoyed reading your writeup and experience by 1st to the last word of OP!

Not sure what's your profession, but you definetely have talent for writing :), cause so nice described all steps, reading your amazing write i almost felt like was there in Delhi, and could feel Eugenix clinics, farm house, etc. , like some move scenrio you described some real, life's situation!

I know about your past cases with HT and young ages, and i'm really glad cause of you, had feeling readin your experience, like some my good friend solved his big problem, as i know how much it means to you! By this your story, can be recorded some nice movie, as this is really big life's experience and story what you past, and really felt your words "but tears of just sheer pure joy" , really felt that you whole time waited for this moment and by years acummulated all those bad experienced and finally came day of  pure joy as you said ;) !

Wish you FAST recovery, and fast - good growth! As can see you have bring with you  nice spirit, positive energy, joking, it's my way in life too, and by that attitude think result will be good too in your case ;) .

And thanks to you, @Melvin- Moderator , @J.A.C , @Egy , many HRN members found right clinics-doctors, and didn't do wrong choice, sure thanks to many other members which i can't remember nick names, but as you hold this forum keep good spirit and all feel here as brotherhood ;) .

Thanks for the kind words @blackislback. Yes this forum really is above all a brotherhood. If you have ever seen the movie or read the book 'Papillion' I feel like Pappy when he finally jumped and rode the wave to freedom. 🙏

• Like 7

You are welcome, you deserve it, even more i'm sure. Yes, i understand you absolutely, even i had such feeling, as since 2017 y planned my 1st HT with my best friend, and cause of some life's circumtances moved it whole time, and previous 2021 year, felt full of those acumulated moving, using toppik, care about not get dirty clothes or pillow, care at flights that not get dirty seat , etc :) ,  was really tired of all that, and decided will do it now , no more moving, even was my biggest concern about anesthesia pain, as i'm not well tolerant person when it's about pain like you are :) ,  but at the end with hose pre-anesthesia tool , before real needle anesthesia, pain was 0 in my case by dr. Bicer, and if i knew it's like that with this type pre-anesthesia tool, i would never have waited 4 years to finally decide do it, but ok , it should be like that, and now it's done, and i feel better, when dont have to use toppik anymore and care about get dirty clothes, pillows, seats etc :)

• Like 2