GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor

ELEVEN MONTH UPDATE (almost!). 

Well I'm about 10 days early for my monthly update but this month is a busy month. As always in this thread I have taken pics in the same spot in outdoor natural lighting to give an honest and real example of my results. Now remember I have just turned 56 and I was a Norwood 7 with depleted donor from two previous bad surgeries that were failures when I was just 18. I would imagine that I had already wasted a good 2-2.5k of scalp grafts in the bin as a result so my scalp was not only Norwood 7 but severely depleted as well. You can read my full story at the very beginning. Now that being said I am delighted to be standing where I am now. Just one month short from one year after my surgery. As a result I know this is really the final product but I will update once more time at the one year mark next month. How do I feel? Well quite delighted to be honest. I have more hair than many of my friends and work colleagues my age now. With a sprinkle of Toppik in the crown I can sport a full head of hair. In fact on Saturday at work I was told by a colleague that I look young for my age because I never lost my hair! 🤣 If only he knew!!

Next month I fly back to Eugenix and Dr Sethi will be addressing my crown (and a couple of weak spots) with up too 2K of scalp grafts and 2K of beard grafts. Then it's a wrap. Most of all though, the one thing that I have gained the most so far has been the many friendships from forum members, doctors and patients alike. Without you guys on this forum I would never have pulled the pin. A big thanks has to go to @Zoomster for this (among others)! 🙏

4C6E4BA2-603F-4C47-815F-A340BBA7DDE7.jpeg

7E5883C8-3A79-4A8E-88B4-7493045A8AB2.jpeg

F3AF15AD-68C5-4C17-B3A7-2B1C4615EC65.jpeg

BF0D99CD-2D8F-4D74-9E0F-4482AF7B0C8B.jpeg

Edited by Gatsby
Spelling
  • Like 10
  • Wow 1

In a way, I think your journey also shows the improvements of options balding people had over the years. Today, you can just shave it off and even though it's not for everyone, it is socially accepted. We also went from scalp reductions and plugs to follicular units and strip to fue and bht. Also we went from onion juice to Finasteride and Minoxidil and finally hair systems have come a long way and smp steadily improves in realism. Funny to think what happened in one balding men lifetime. Now, on to the next stages (looking at you Stemson)!

Edited by davidn
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
23 minutes ago, davidn said:

In a way, I think your journey also shows the improvements of options balding people had over the years. Today, you can just shave it off and even though it's not for everyone, it is socially accepted. We also went from scalp reductions and plugs to follicular units and strip to fue and bht. Also we went from onion juice to Finasteride and Minoxidil and finally hair systems have come a long way and smp steadily improves in realism. Funny to think what happened in one balding men lifetime. Now, on to the next stages (looking at you Stemson)!

Spot on! 💯

Looks brilliant Adrian and I wish you a safe journey back to India to finish off the job 💪 

I also wanted to point out how great your sides look. Very full and it will be a good place to harvest some juicy grafts to fill out your crown area 

image.png.a9d312429d527ec7a7f6c095087a18ea.png

• Thanks 1

Adrian, your result have taken years off of you! Looks so full from the front angle especially. For your next one, if you focus the majority of the grafts in the part line and crown, it won't look like you've ever lost hair or even thinned out your entire life. Can't wait to see that unfold!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@devilfishlane it appears we have walked a similar path. Your beard looks pretty good. I think Dr Pradeep was thinking that I had a very heavy ‘European’ type density beard. Don’t discount the mustache as they took 500 grafts from this area alone and it looks untouched. I recommend that you grow your scalp hair out before your consultation. SMP can give the illusion of greater density in the scalp when buzzed short. Wishing you all the best! 🙏 

Congratulations, definetely a big big glow up and many years taken off your appereance!

I have noticed your crown skin is ultra white compared to neck/face. I am sure you are protecting yourself from the sun as much as possible, which is what you should do. But i'd say if it wasn't so white , the contrast would be much less and would look much fuller. Something to consider for the long-term!

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@WhereIsMyMind that white color in the crown area is a combination of remaining SMP and my grey roots in the bright sun. In time, the SMP will fade more and I just need to color my hair more frequently. Hopefully, after my second surgery for the crown next month, this will be less of an issue. 🤘

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Gatsby Happy New Year!

I just went through this epic odyssey of a thread and I'm stoked to see where you started and where you are now! Unbelievable!

You've always been very helpful in my threads and posts so I wanted to spread some positivity your way! Can't believe it took me this long to find your thread!

Hope all is well on your next procedure! 😎

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Balding Bad said:

Hey @Gatsby Happy New Year!

I just went through this epic odyssey of a thread and I'm stoked to see where you started and where you are now! Unbelievable!

You've always been very helpful in my threads and posts so I wanted to spread some positivity your way! Can't believe it took me this long to find your thread!

Hope all is well on your next procedure! 😎

Many thanks @Balding Bad for the kind words and wishing you a great 2023. Yes it's been a long journey but I'm extremely happy with where I am now. 🙏In two weeks I'll be on a plane again to India for my second and last procedure. All the best! 👍

• Like 1

Congratulations @Gatsby

You are looking great. What a journey and transformation.

Wishing you the best for your upcoming procedure.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Valued Contributor

TWELVE MONTH UPDATE 

I can’t believe that in 10 days I will have reached one year since my surgery at Eugenix with Dr Sethi. This has been the best thing that I have done for myself bar none. It’s an incredible feeling to be able to finally jump in the car and head off without worrying about scars, hair pieces, etc. In ten days I head off to have my second and last procedure. I cannot thank this forum enough for giving me the courage to get back in the chair. It’s to this community that I owe a massive debt of gratitude that I will never be able to repay. So here are the pics in the same spot outdoors with no fibres for the twelfth time. 

AC594878-7D8B-4D70-85D0-31106AFFF8B8.png

9C5F7FE1-6195-47B1-9450-C7271175E75C.jpeg

09FB2637-B7C4-4F2E-855D-20A4E635CD9A.jpeg

CE077EED-4842-4D26-80A9-39585DD5976D.jpeg

1B92386A-6059-4177-A67D-35631F623960.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1