GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

On 6/1/2023 at 9:05 AM, Gatsby said:

Just took a few pics now outdoors. Still short of the five month mark. Crown still very weak but early days. 

3540318B-F32D-459C-B203-3E317BABCA38.jpeg

9B31FA2D-8440-4685-B5E3-339002B88DC5.jpeg

27C31094-5F16-4E04-AC75-FFCB29B45E78.jpeg

DE45D7D3-7D83-4DFB-96E2-744931D8DCB6.jpeg

05C3CC57-694C-4D4B-8890-F273BE0E72C5.jpeg

Wow wow, @Gatsby looking awesome for 5 months! 
Love all the photos you share, keep them coming!

• Thanks 1

Only 5 months in?!…my word!…that’s incredible Gats!!!…this is one of the most amazing results I have seen since 1980!…yes, that’s what I said!

My word, I am so incredibly happy for you my brother, your hairline is very natural and appealing…please keep more updates coming!

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 6/1/2023 at 3:58 PM, Gatsby said:

Yes I can't believe it either @Big Rome. I didn't think that I had 3k scalp grafts to use in the first procedure, let alone adding over another 3k scalp grafts for the second procedure!

NW 7.jpg

Were your donor hair on the sides and above the ears untouched and virgin before your first transplant at Eugenix ? Oral Finasteride may have also improved your donor area after the first procedure.

Edited by bigmistake

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, bigmistake said:

Were your donor hair on the sides and above the ears untouched and virgin before your first transplant at Eugenix ? Oral Finasteride may have also improved your donor area after the first procedure.

No my scalp was not virgin. I had scars in the donor area in the back from two bad punch graft surgeries as well as lost tissue (and more grafts) from attempting to surgically improve one donor scar. I would estimate I lost at least about two thousand plus grafts from this alone. My parietal areas were virgin but like the back of my scalp the hair in the side donor areas was poor. I couldn't tolerate oral finasteride and wasn't on it long enough to benefit. About eight months post op HT1 I think my hair and beard really began to benefit though from oral minoxidil.

18 hours ago, Gatsby said:

No my scalp was not virgin. I had scars in the donor area in the back from two bad punch graft surgeries as well as lost tissue (and more grafts) from attempting to surgically improve one donor scar. I would estimate I lost at least about two thousand plus grafts from this alone. My parietal areas were virgin but like the back of my scalp the hair in the side donor areas was poor. I couldn't tolerate oral finasteride and wasn't on it long enough to benefit. About eight months post op HT1 I think my hair and beard really began to benefit though from oral minoxidil.

Good results from oral minoxidil makes me wonder whether bald people have vascularity issues in their scalp, which leads to build up of dht.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, bigmistake said:

Good results from oral minoxidil makes me wonder whether bald people have vascularity issues in their scalp, which leads to build up of dht.

No. DHT and the mechanism of minoxidil are two separate things. However minoxidil used synergistically with Finasteride is an excellent approach in my humble opinion. 

Hello @Gatsby I have a question for you.

Before going to Eugenix, what was the scar that bothered you the most? Your frontal scar, or your back scars?

Let's imagine you never had a frontal scar to begin with, only back scars. Do you think you could have been fully satisfied of your SMP, meaning, no more surgery and no Eugenix? 

• Valued Contributor
On 6/20/2023 at 11:01 PM, Briaan said:

Hello @Gatsby I have a question for you.

Before going to Eugenix, what was the scar that bothered you the most? Your frontal scar, or your back scars?

Let's imagine you never had a frontal scar to begin with, only back scars. Do you think you could have been fully satisfied of your SMP, meaning, no more surgery and no Eugenix? 

Most likely. Though my donor scars was something that I was still slightly self conscious of (when standing in a queue, etc). If I had no surgical scars then as I have said previously I would have shaved my head ten years before I first did and left it at that. But hey, I'm not complaining! 🤩😉🙏

I have been involved in this field for 5 decades and seen many and I do say many repair cases and Gatsby’s results are some of the best I have seen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Wow Gatsby! I've just gone through your story and what a journey. You're an absolute stud and your commitment to endure what you've endured, particularly after botched surgeries is just commendable and remarkable. I can't wait to continue seeing monthly weekly updates. Excited to see the 6 month mark on that crown on your next update. Happy growing and congratulations, you look awesome.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Briaan said:

@Gatsby Can you still sport a beard after 2 sessions at Eugenix?

I don't know about Gatsby, but I've had over 3300 beard grafts taken and I can still grow a beard. My grafts were all from below the chin and cheek bones, so it's very thin underneath with only a small amount of hair left there, but you don't notice because the cheeks and frontal chin haven't been touched. That makes my beard look the same as it would if I never had any grafts taken unless you start looking at me from underneath.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

This is my beard a few days after the last beard hair to scalp transplant. The total removed after several sessions is over 3300. Looking at it now I'm thinking I can still get one more session out of it.

Gatsby, sorry if I'm invading your topic. I probably shouldn't post my pics in someone else's thread.

ScreenShot2023-06-23at9_56_42AM.png.06d84c72fcd4e2f2ebb3289a49f4cd2b.png

ScreenShot2023-06-23at9_56_51AM.png.3fe0b8d32013f62b1df8b41278389b94.png

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

MONTH FIVE

No hair fibres. Just had a cut and color. I had the back and sides buzzed short. Hairline slightly red from the color. The donor scars at this length are hidden by the SMP and beard/pubic grafts farmed into them. Very delighted at this point. First time since I was 18 to be ‘plug/scar free.’ 🙏

IMG_1979.png

IMG_1971.jpeg

IMG_1970.jpeg

IMG_1972.jpeg

IMG_1977.jpeg

• Like 9

• Administrators

This unbelievable! That’s no fibers DAMN!!! 😮

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hitting your stride would be an understatement for you at 5 months Adrian. This looks more like 12 months, and the SMP is definitely an incredible added bonus for you! What a huge difference it is making for you this time around. Like I told you earlier, you took 15 years off! Love the hair style as well😉! Fun times ahead to see it all mature

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What guard did you use on the sides and back? I can’t see the donor scars, do you recommend both smp and beard grafts into the scars, or do you think the beard grafts hid the scar very well? Great results without fibers man, happy for you! 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, HairTrippin said:

What guard did you use on the sides and back? I can’t see the donor scars, do you recommend both smp and beard grafts into the scars, or do you think the beard grafts hid the scar very well? Great results without fibers man, happy for you! 

Maybe a number two? To be honest this is like my fourth hair cut in 38 years so I’ll have to check with my hair dresser. 🤣😉 I think SMP can get it over the line and should always be the first option. But having beard hair farmed into scar’s definitely not only hides the scars even more so, but also adds to a little bit of volume in a weak spot for sure. 👍

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
35 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Hitting your stride would be an understatement for you at 5 months Adrian. This looks more like 12 months, and the SMP is definitely an incredible added bonus for you! What a huge difference it is making for you this time around. Like I told you earlier, you took 15 years off! Love the hair style as well😉! Fun times ahead to see it all mature

Armen it was you that allayed all of my many anxieties only weeks before my first procedure that enabled me to get back in the chair. 🙏 The support you have afforded me, along with so many others on this forum is legion! ❤️🙏💯

• Like 2