GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, HairTrippin said:

Are you able to cut your hair shorter where the fut scar is now? You got beard grafts placed into the fut scar correct? 

Yes I'm sure I will cut my hair short in the donor area some time down the track. I can feel the beard and pubic grafts already growing in the old donor scars.

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, SoSoz said:

How many grafts they managed to harvest from your scalp?

In the first hair transplant 2022 Dr Sethi managed to get 3,210 scalp grafts. In this recent surgery we manage to get another 3,062 scalp grafts. When you consider that I have previously already lost 2,000 grafts plus from my early punch graft surgeries, when I was too young and stupid, I'm over the moon.

18 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Yes I'm sure I will cut my hair short in the donor area some time down the track. I can feel the beard and pubic grafts already growing in the old donor scars.

That’s gonna be awesome because I have a fut scar and worry how short I can cut it without it showing. It would be nice to cut it to a 2 guard! 

Edited by HairTrippin

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

In the first hair transplant 2022 Dr Sethi managed to get 3,210 scalp grafts. In this recent surgery we manage to get another 3,062 scalp grafts. When you consider that I have previously already lost 2,000 grafts plus from my early punch graft surgeries, when I was too young and stupid, I'm over the moon.

When you got rid of the old plugs, your surgeon didn't preserve the hair follicles to be reimplanted FUE-style? (I don't even know if that's possible but still).

• Valued Contributor
31 minutes ago, Briaan said:

When you got rid of the old plugs, your surgeon didn't preserve the hair follicles to be reimplanted FUE-style? (I don't even know if that's possible but still).

Back then FUE didn’t exist. It wasn’t until another ten years when Dr Ray Wds from Sydney began using individual ‘plugs’ of single follicular units which he called the ‘Wds‘Technique.’ It was the beginning of FUT and Wds began charging a fortune for this and would not share this in scientific circles. So no, the plugs were literally cut out, over several strip style surgeries and thrown in the bin. 

Edited by Gatsby

59 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Back then FUE didn’t exist. It wasn’t until another ten years when Dr Ray Wds from Sydney began using individual ‘plugs’ of single follicular units which he called the ‘Wds‘Technique.’ It was the beginning of FUT and Wds began charging a fortune for this and would not share this in scientific circles. So no, the plugs were literally cut out, over several strip style surgeries and thrown in the bin. 

So Eugenix went from a bare Norwood 6 to a full head of hair? Impressive!

Edited by Briaan
  • Like 1

@Gatsby What's the recovery period, scar wise? I mean, I am very high inhib and would not like my coworkers to know I got a 8000 FUE transplant. How long after the procedure will it look undetectable (fortunately I CAN wear a hat at work).

Edited by Briaan

• Valued Contributor

FOUR MONTH UPDATE

Well time has come and gone and I find myself this week hitting the four month mark of my second procedure. Still early days but here are some pics taken outside on a sunny day and inside under good lighting. 

IMG_1779.png

IMG_1778.png

IMG_1777.png

IMG_1776.png

IMG_1780.png

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

FOUR MONTH UPDATE

Well time has come and gone and I find myself this week hitting the four month mark of my second procedure. Still early days but here are some pics taken outside on a sunny day and inside under good lighting. 

IMG_1779.png

IMG_1778.png

IMG_1777.png

IMG_1776.png

IMG_1780.png

Can't wait for the 10-month pictures.

IMPRESSIVE as the photos were taken in broad daylight without any toppik powder. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

FOUR MONTH UPDATE

IMG_1779.png

IMG_1778.png

IMG_1777.png

IMG_1776.png

IMG_1780.png

really starting to take sharp dude, early days yet and its already in a good place, I hope mine catches up soon too, nothing has really happened with mine ha, but honestly when you look back at your bald scarred head compared to this, even if it stopped now, its night and day difference :)

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, Stewie said:

really starting to take sharp dude, early days yet and its already in a good place, I hope mine catches up soon too, nothing has really happened with mine ha, but honestly when you look back at your bald scarred head compared to this, even if it stopped now, its night and day difference :)

Thanks @Stewie. I remember last year that at four months things were only just starting. At least I have the hair from my first transplant so far. No doubt about it you will be kicking goals with both feet in the coming months. Hopefully I’ll be kicking too. 🙏

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
21 hours ago, MazAB said:

Wow Adrian! Reminds me of how quick growth happened for you the first time around. You're hitting your stride already at 4 months! Absolutely amazing 👏 

Thanks Armen. I’ll never pip you for the next James Bond but I’ll take what I can get. 🙏

Edited by Gatsby
  • Haha 1

• Valued Contributor
11 hours ago, Briaan said:

Can't wait for the 10-month pictures.

IMPRESSIVE as the photos were taken in broad daylight without any toppik powder. 

Thanks @Briaan. Yes always with no fibres, etc. 🙏

Edited by Gatsby