GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

On 6/29/2023 at 1:54 PM, Gatsby said:

Oral minoxidil played an intrinsic part in my opinion. It thickened up all of my scalp and beard hair. Also the other important factor is that I believe it will and does keep my other sources of donor hair that were used to stay in the anagen phase for longer.

Hello, may I know your current oral minoxidil protocol? Basically after the procedure currently not working out. But after a week I’ll be Going to the gym after a 1 month break. Before my procedure, I was quite regular. I’m having some nocebo effect now. As you’re taking oral minoxidil from some time, so wanted to know a bit more about your overall experience 

• Valued Contributor
20 minutes ago, Shadman said:

Hello, may I know your current oral minoxidil protocol? Basically after the procedure currently not working out. But after a week I’ll be Going to the gym after a 1 month break. Before my procedure, I was quite regular. I’m having some nocebo effect now. As you’re taking oral minoxidil from some time, so wanted to know a bit more about your overall experience 

I’ve been taking 5mg of oral minoxidil for almost one year under the guidance of a dermatologist. Luckily I have no side effects. I also take topical Finasteride 0.25%.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ljpcarrera said:

I have been on 5mg myself for a year. I think that was the game changer in your repair. It thickens the entire scalp donor area and all. All my hair is extremely thick after one year.

Yeah but if you stop taking it then donor goes back to normal. So there is risk that after HT and stoppage of oral minoxidil your donor may look moth eaten.

On 6/29/2023 at 1:24 PM, Gatsby said:

Oral minoxidil played an intrinsic part in my opinion. It thickened up all of my scalp and beard hair. Also the other important factor is that I believe it will and does keep my other sources of donor hair that were used to stay in the anagen phase for longer.

Oral Minoxidil works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels. Does this mean hair loss sufferers have vascularity issues in their scalp, that can.be treated by excercise as well. Maybe hair loss sufferers have vascularity issues all over as well.

• Valued Contributor
48 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

Oral Minoxidil works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels. Does this mean hair loss sufferers have vascularity issues in their scalp, that can.be treated by excercise as well. Maybe hair loss sufferers have vascularity issues all over as well.

No MPB is not a vascularity issue of blood vessels in the scalp. It’s genetic. 

Edited by Gatsby

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, Briaan said:

@Gatsby I don't tolerate minoxidil and finasteride, would you still recommend going through with a hair transplant repair procedure?

Well Dr Pittella doesn’t push Finasteride at all (though he does like oral minoxidil). I guess if you’re happy to use a lot of beard hair and your donor can pull off a natural look, even if it’s thin, it can be done. 

• Like 1

The final result at 10 month will be EVEN BETTER.

It would be great to see pictures without color, in broad daylight, at the 10-month mark. 

Edited by Briaan
  • Thanks 1

Gatsby, you mentioned that in your second procedure you also had hair put into your donor scars. Your posts talk about the requirement to sleep elevated, but how were you able to sleep when you had grafts both in the top and the back? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Odysseus said:

Gatsby, you mentioned that in your second procedure you also had hair put into your donor scars. Your posts talk about the requirement to sleep elevated, but how were you able to sleep when you had grafts both in the top and the back? 

Thanks.

This was a major problem for me and I think I lost some grafts because of it

4 hours ago, sunfire said:

This was a major problem for me and I think I lost some grafts because of it

That's what I'm afraid of. I may save my scars for their own dedicated procedure. For now I'll hide them with SMP and anything else that works.

• Moderators

You got yourself a real hottie there. If we don't see you posting much for a while we'll know you're busy doing something else  😃

• Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.