GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

On 1/28/2022 at 3:17 AM, Gatsby said:

Firstly, I apologise for the length of my thread. But this is literally the 'abridged version!' It was eight days that changed my life for good. I could have written a novel on my experience with Dr Pradeep and the entire Eugenix team. Melvin's experience is not unique or a result of any special attention. I spent time with many patients who had surgery with other doctors and they all were treated to the same hospitality as I was and Melvin. 

Secondly, thank you all for the kind words and support both prior to and after my surgery. 🙏 It's this forum and everyone involved in it that made my journey possible. I was actually really weighing up the whole thing and even as close as three weeks out I had huge doubts about going through with this and I was going to cancel. I thought I got lucky getting out of my past with SMP. The fear of risking everything felt quite real the closer I got to the date of surgery. Thank God I stayed the course and pulled the pin. I arrived home late Monday night and went back to work Wednesday morning. I'm currently at work now as I type. Their were two people who I work with here that were so happy for me and with my results as I had told them of my whole story. They were delighted for me. Their were two other staff who I don't think really knew that I had anything done at all. I think the SMP has fooled a couple of people at work and I won't be saying anything unless they ask. I guess they will think that I've just decided to stop shaving my head over the next few months (sans the Ugly Duckling Phase).  There are two people I especially need to thank. They are Karl Whelan and Rahul S Raichand. I feel like I am some sort of a love child of there's! 🤣 It was because of these two people (and JT) that really made me think that I could be helped surgically. 🙏 I'm at work so I don't have photos here on me to post. Today is less than six days since my beard extractions and I have had my first shave. My face is only ever so slightly red but not enough to be noticeable. I've been applying Vitamin E cream to it. The scabs have pretty much disappeared now. I have been washing my scalp with Dove conditioner twice a day for the past two days. 

Dr Pradeep has remained in touch every day this week and to put another cherry on the ice cream on the cake he has said that I still have another 400 odd scalp grafts and 500 odd beard grafts left in the bank! None of this has really sunk in yet still! All I know is that I have gone through some kind of transformation not just on the outside but on the inside as well. 😊 🙏

Hey Gatsby, so happy about your result, it looks awesome!  if you don't mind answering how much did it all cost?  ATM I cannot do that hair transplant for various reasons (not only cost related)  so I am really considering SMP to get me out of my piece.  As I get older I am fairly active, so I am finding the piece, while looks good most times is a real hindrance in my fitness journey.  So I am looking at SMP and then will consider a HT at 55ish.  Did the SMP cause any issues for the doctors?

Any any other thoughts or recommendations?

Again, congrats, the result like Zoomster is awesome!  

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
19 hours ago, 540Oak said:

Hey Gatsby, so happy about your result, it looks awesome!  if you don't mind answering how much did it all cost?  ATM I cannot do that hair transplant for various reasons (not only cost related)  so I am really considering SMP to get me out of my piece.  As I get older I am fairly active, so I am finding the piece, while looks good most times is a real hindrance in my fitness journey.  So I am looking at SMP and then will consider a HT at 55ish.  Did the SMP cause any issues for the doctors?

Any any other thoughts or recommendations?

Again, congrats, the result like Zoomster is awesome!  

I found shaving my head when I had SMP to be incredible liberating after living with a hair piece for nearly 25 years. I think SMP is a far less permanent option than surgery and for sports and the outdoor life a perfect one. Just do your research with SMP as you would if researching for a hair transplant. 👌

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, MazAB said:

So happy for you Adrian! Hair and love, no better combo brother!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Many thanks Armen. Both hair and love intersected at the right time when it was meant to be. ♥️🙏

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, sekiro109 said:

insane results! Have you noticed any scars or discolouration/redness at all, specifically in the face where the beard grafts were taken? 

@sekiro109 there is a slight redness around my lower cheeks (no where else). It took about 10-12 months for it to disappear after the first surgery. It's fading now at 6 months and I'm sure that it will fade by the end of the year also. Having said that, no one has commented in it and it doesn't really worry me at all. I never think of it looking in the mirror. It's normal I would say after having over 7,000 beard grafts taken from the beard.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

How would your donor look if buzzed down to 1-2 mm? Would it look good that short?

I don't think it would look good that short. On Tuesday I am having another hair cut and will have a fade cut from the nape and sides. I'll let you be the judge. 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

SIX MONTH UPDATE

Well I’m now at six months post HT2. I’ve just had a haircut and I’m delighted with what Dr Sethi and @Eugenix Hair Sciences have done for me. 🙏

IMG_2250.png

IMG_2247.png

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

looks brilliant, I do love a happy ending 👏🏻👏🏻 heard you might get the next James Bond role 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 1