GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor

The beard grafts in the donor scars are only 3.5 months old so I’m only just coming out of the ugly duckling phase. But they are growing and some never shed. You’ll be in good hands at Eugenix as they are excellent at repair work. Wishing you all the best! 👌

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Can’t wait for the next updates 👏🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

You look fantastic Adrian, you remind me of Cory Haim a little bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/12/2023 at 5:36 AM, Gatsby said:

Life is good. In 10 days I’ll update everyone with my four month update. 😊

IMG_1708.png

Amazing.     

👍👍👍👍

Looking forward to your next update.  

• Thanks 1

That video was entartaining 😄

The Eugenix Redemption

Starring :

Adrian Brown

Morgan Freeman

Over the course of several years, two convicts form a friendship, seeking consolation and, eventually, redemption through basic hair transplantation

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

@gatsby where did you get your SMP done from ? It turned blue and the dots had connected.

Does that happen with all SMP, or was yours done badly. 

I've seen some YouTube videos where they say this occurs due to low quality pigments and in high quality pigments this does not happen.

• Like 1

@bigmistake actually his SMP was not badly made, it's a perfectly good SMP, it's just that when you let your side hair grow (like in the eugenix youtube video before the transplant) it makes the SMP look more "blueish" but when the side hair is shaved, it looks good

@Gatsby Hello Sir. Fantastic results. Can't wait to see the final pictures. what were the aspects of your SMP that made you feel more self conscious? The fact that the scars on the back of your head couldn't be 100% concealed, or the scar on your forehead due to your botched hair transplant years ago? 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, bigmistake said:

@gatsby where did you get your SMP done from ? It turned blue and the dots had connected.

Does that happen with all SMP, or was yours done badly. 

I've seen some YouTube videos where they say this occurs due to low quality pigments and in high quality pigments this does not happen.

It actually didn't turn blue. But once my hair grew out in it's now older color the contrast makes it look blue. It was performed by Caitlin James who has won many international awards and attends international conferences not just on SMP but also on hair transplant surgery.

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Briaan said:

@bigmistake actually his SMP was not badly made, it's a perfectly good SMP, it's just that when you let your side hair grow (like in the eugenix youtube video before the transplant) it makes the SMP look more "blueish" but when the side hair is shaved, it looks good

@Gatsby Hello Sir. Fantastic results. Can't wait to see the final pictures. what were the aspects of your SMP that made you feel more self conscious? The fact that the scars on the back of your head couldn't be 100% concealed, or the scar on your forehead due to your botched hair transplant years ago? 

Thanks @Briaan. The SMP hid about 80-90% of the original scars which was a huge relief and was a lot less hassle and stress no longer having to wear a hair piece. But I was still self conscious close up talking to people as they sometimes looked at my hairline scar as in certain lighting SMP looks 2D (which it is) and not 3D (which it is not). Again it freed me from wearing a hair piece after nearly 25 years as during this whole time I was told by every big name that I was not a candidate. I didn't like the results of body hair that was being used by Dr Umar (no offense to him). It was only when I first came across a JT episode where he showed the work of Eugenix on Norwood 6 and 7 patients by tapping into beard hair in high numbers that I began looking into surgery again. 👍

@Gatsby Glad to know SMP could help. All in all your story is a wonderful recovery story. Many people who have been botched/have received transplants without enough density will be inspired by your journey. Looks like Eugenix is the real deal! The only downside of those procedures (especially those involving transplanting beard grafts into the scalp) is the relatively long "recovery" period with a lot of visible red spots on the chin and head, and the fact that the beard will be less dense after the procedure. 

Personally, I was turned down by Doctor Bisanga in Brussels because of insuffisent donor area. I will look into Eugenix for sure. How much did you pay for the 2 Eugenix procedures? We're talking about $20-25k right?

Edited by Briaan

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, Briaan said:

@Gatsby Glad to know SMP could help. All in all your story is a wonderful recovery story. Many people who have been botched/have received transplants without enough density will be inspired by your journey. Looks like Eugenix is the real deal! The only downside of those procedures (especially those involving transplanting beard grafts into the scalp) is the relatively long "recovery" period with a lot of visible red spots on the chin and head, and the fact that the beard will be less dense after the procedure. 

Personally, I was turned down by Doctor Bisanga in Brussels because of insuffisent donor area. I will look into Eugenix for sure. How much did you pay for the 2 Eugenix procedures? We're talking about $20-25k right?

Thanks @Briaan and the reason I'm on this forum, when I can, is solely to prevent other young guys today who are where I once was. I made every mistake and then some of what people are making today and the consequences of this are sadly no different and in some ways worse. Today I feel 'lucky' where I am now from where I was at 18. I've said this before many times on this forum and if I had a crystal ball, and I could go back in time, I would have done absolutely nothing. No surgery. I would have buzzed my head (as it turned out many people felt that it suited me) and saved all that money that could have covered the cost of the GDP of a small country along with the pain, depression and anxiety that went with it. The problem is that back when I was 18 the only people who had their head shaved were ex convicts, Kojack and Yul Brynner. Today to shave your head you need to have a three piece suit. What's in vogue in one period is out the next. As to how much it cost me it was a lot. It was everything of what I saved working 60 hour weeks during the entire two year Covid lock down.

• Valued Contributor

PS: As to the beard issue I was only too glad to see it used as it has gone from black to white and only makes me look even older. The only down side is that I color my hair once a month. But without the 7k plus beard grafts the whole thing wouldn't have really worked. 👍

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Thanks @Briaan and the reason I'm on this forum, when I can, is solely to prevent other young guys today who are where I once was. I made every mistake and then some of what people are making today and the consequences of this are sadly no different and in some ways worse. Today I feel 'lucky' where I am now from where I was at 18. I've said this before many times on this forum and if I had a crystal ball, and I could go back in time, I would have done absolutely nothing. No surgery. I would have buzzed my head (as it turned out many people felt that it suited me) and saved all that money that could have covered the cost of the GDP of a small country along with the pain, depression and anxiety that went with it. The problem is that back when I was 18 the only people who had their head shaved were ex convicts, Kojack and Yul Brynner. Today to shave your head you need to have a three piece suit. What's in vogue in one period is out the next. As to how much it cost me it was a lot. It was everything of what I saved working 60 hour weeks during the entire two year Covid lock down.

Yeah it's too bad that even today young people are swindled into getting botched hair transplants by money-grabbing unscrupulous surgeons. It's terrible and those people should be prosecuted.

As for myself, I unfortunately got a 3,200 FUE HT in Turkey back in 2017 and the density was not sufficient, so I got SMP by a reputable practitioner in Paris (Sopigment) to conceal the FUE scars and fill in the crown.

While it's not perfect (the SMP hid about 75% of the original FUE scars), at least now I can go to a restaurant, a club or a bar without feeling too much self-conscious about my hair.

Before the SMP, I would wear a hat 24/7, except when I went to sleep or alone in my room lol.

So while SMP is a good solution, it doesn't come without its limitations (SMP will never hide 100% of your HT scars).

Edited by Briaan
  • Like 2

Bottom line is, avoid all kinds of unnecessary surgery.

For example, I would never get a LASIK procedure, because the consequences would be far worse than getting a HT if botched.

Edited by Briaan