Gatsby

• Administrators

This repair is going down in history 

B1230AD6-4336-40B2-9535-0A08F4E121AB.jpeg

@Gatsby Vindicated 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Many thanks everyone for the kind words everyone. 🙏@BRITA-XL it's good to see you back! 👍@Melvin- Moderator argh the memories of my Norwood 6 days with the scar pointed out in biro in the pic. ☺️  At only 2 months I can start to feel tiny stubs along the new hairline covering the scar and in the temple points and crown. Time will tell.🙏

• Like 4

@Gatsby hey mate,

great results so far. You must be happy! Just wondering how the grafts into the old fut scars are going ? Have they held and blended into a point where you can no longer see the scar if you trim the back down short ? 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Khop said:

@Gatsby hey mate,

great results so far. You must be happy! Just wondering how the grafts into the old fut scars are going ? Have they held and blended into a point where you can no longer see the scar if you trim the back down short ? 

I can feel the grafts in the donor scars (many have shed though however the pubic grafts are still there 😉). If I run a comb through it it looks good. The SMP in the scars also helps. I’m only 9 weeks post hope and the hair is very short all over. But yes I’m delighted with the donor farming results. 

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I can feel the grafts in the donor scars (many have shed though however the pubic grafts are still there 😉). If I run a comb through it it looks good. The SMP in the scars also helps. I’m only 9 weeks post hope and the hair is very short all over. But yes I’m delighted with the donor farming results. 

Good to hear mate!

if you could keep us updated with how the scar repair went as well through your growth phases it would be really appreciated. 
All the best and look forward to following your journey

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Khop said:

Good to hear mate!

if you could keep us updated with how the scar repair went as well through your growth phases it would be really appreciated. 
All the best and look forward to following your journey

@Khop sometime down the track later this year I will do a short video of the results, covering all scar coverage, hair density, etc. 👍

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 11:16 AM, Gatsby said:

TWO MONTHS UPDATE 

Its been eight weeks and the time just can’t go quick enough!!! 😏 I thought I would just share some pics while I’m in the ugly duck phase. My next update will be in a couple of months when I have some new growth to show. So far I’ve had a few pimples, a bit of an itch  but the beard donor redness has diminished and the redness around the hairline/temple points is much improved. Luckily no shock loss or shed from hair transplant number one. 😊

CE44357F-348A-4DC6-8BB7-232E49E4B035.jpeg

434A07A7-E809-4816-B579-72B894513FDC.jpeg

DE8AC17D-2F82-4E69-83E0-DBFACD82413E.jpeg

4D018711-FA5B-4D7B-AC9B-7BF729B65789.jpeg

In 8 weeks and looking like that, just great mate. Donor is looking awesome. Ohh can not wait to see the final result @Gatsby 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Gatsby,

This is my first post ever, though I've always been a lurker on this site. I'm amazed by your transplants and am happy for your results. I'd like to do something similar to what you had done, which is using pubic hair in your transplant. Would you say that the pubic hair in your case grew or do you think the pubic hair had a low yield? In your second transplant, did you also use pubic hair or only in your first transplant?

Thank you so much and I appreciate your response!

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Zoomster said:

This redemption couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke ..awe inspiring stuff ..

And no other clinic on planet earth could have brought you to where you are now ..none !!

Many thanks for the kind words @Zoomster. I strongly agree and also believe that Dr Sethi and his team was the only surgeon/team on the planet who was able to solve 'ALL' of my challenges (poor donor, scars in the donor as well as the horrible hairline scar, large Norwood 7 head, ability to use such high numbers of beard grafts from an average bard etc). 💯🙏

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, MrPubeful said:

Hi @Gatsby,

This is my first post ever, though I've always been a lurker on this site. I'm amazed by your transplants and am happy for your results. I'd like to do something similar to what you had done, which is using pubic hair in your transplant. Would you say that the pubic hair in your case grew or do you think the pubic hair had a low yield? In your second transplant, did you also use pubic hair or only in your first transplant?

Thank you so much and I appreciate your response!

Your avatar name was my second choice! 😉@MrPubeful I found the pubic hair did grow out in the donor scars. In the second recent surgery we used beard hairs from my mustache for hte donor scars again. Some of these beard grafts shed in the donor but most kept growing. I will be doing a video around 10 months to see how well the donor scars look from the donor farming to give everyone an idea. 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Gatsby, thank you for your reply, you're the first person to compliment me on my username, but surely you won't be the last 😝

Just to clarify, the beard grafts that shed did grow back after the ugly ducking stage, right? And the other beard grafts that did not shed just kept on growing after the transplant? I'm going to Eugenix after a very disappointing experience at HLC, so your post has been very helpful. The team looks very nice and I'm most excited about the food!

• Like 2