That guy who tried to self FUE

I remember a number of years ago there was a guy that tried to do his own self-FUE, like literally at home with surgical tools he bought on the Chinese black market. It was one of the funniest things I had ever read.

Could someone refer me to that post or the guy's name? 

• Administrators

I remember that guy, he never came back to report how it went for him. He was acting like it was as easy as taking out some stitches lmao

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow, I thought I had seen it all

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

So PRP i'm considering thinking about possibly doing at home at some point after spending a considerable amount of research, but not a hair transplant... doing a HT at home is crazy, and this guy didn't even do it right

• Moderators

He's been doing it for 7 years and has basically no results.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

17 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

Hmm. Density looks to be a little on the low side. Think he may need a second procedure:D

• Haha 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Moderators

There was another video I saw a while back of someone doing it himself, although I think he had a friend helping. He was actually using a hand punch and numbing himself and doing the whole thing. I can't find the video now.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

There was another video I saw a while back of someone doing it himself, although I think he had a friend helping. He was actually using a hand punch and numbing himself and doing the whole thing. I can't find the video now.

He probably took it down to save some dignity.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just when I thought that I have "heard it all"

The guy probably had a 99.99% transection rate!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Damn, I just saw a video on Facebook where they were gluing dreadlocks on a guys head, and it looked awful.  I was going to post it on here, but I thought it was too ridiculous.  Then somebody posted this thread.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Glue?!?!😬

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 year later...

There's that saying... "my body my choice".

But really??

EDIT: I just noticed that was posted on April 1st... but there's no way that was a 40 min April Fools prank. That dude butchered his head!

Edited by Mark Wolfer

• Administrators

This guy actually posted an update two years ago LMAO 

View my thread

That's a great episode of Home FUE Improvement TV Show 😁

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

17 hours ago, Mark Wolfer said:

If you're gonna use pubic hairs you kinda have to do it yourself. Can you imagine asking your HT surgeon if he's up for extracting some ball hairs for your hair line?

Why would surgeon have a problem with that? The actual issue is, you couldnt use it for hairline, its too thick.