Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

Melvin- Admin

On 3/12/2020 at 5:59 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

If history is any indicator there’ll be a vaccine soon. I work for a major healthcare provider in the states, and they’re already doing testing for a vaccine. The H1N1 vaccine happened quickly, now of course you’re gonna have conspiracy theorists who say these vaccines are worse. But I’ll be getting one asap.

I hope you are right about a vaccine soon---it is, like you, say, being fast tracked. Moderna Therapeutics, started human tests today. Company says the vaccine has been made using a tried and tested process, but won't be available to public for a year. Can't believe they won't bring an effective vaccine earlier for those at risk. The effects of this could really be dramatic, especially if we have a repeat in the fall.

On 3/13/2020 at 6:35 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I wish this was an exaggeration too. A few days ago, things were okay, but man things have taken a turn for the worse. I didn't believe it when my gf said that cops are in front of every grocery store. Like seriously wtf is going on. Guess i'm gonna have to live off of Ramen noodles for the rest of the week cause people are fear-hoarding food.

Just think of the positive---more time for your gf to run her hand through your abundant locks.

I have a surgery scheduled with H&W on 4/20... With Canada closing its boarders, even though at the moment US citizens are exempt, what do you guys suggest I do? I'm inclined to post-pone the surgery until further notice. I have not bought my flights yet. Only the initial deposit.

My biggest fear is the travel across the boarders each way, and not getting stuck somewhere.

It's a perfect time to lay low and recover, and my company is telling everyone to wfh. I'm mad I didnt get it done a month or 2 sooner :( 

Edited by hairlossPA

• Administrators

I would wait until April 1st to make a decision. We’ve been instructed to basically self-quarantine for the next two weeks. I wouldn’t make any decision just yet. If by that time nothing changes, I’d definitely postpone it. 

• Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There is a massive shortage of testing right now. As the tests become available, the numbers will shoot up but this is an illusion. I wouldn't mess with a hair transplant right now though, especially if it requires travel. Being severely infected/septic would seriously put your follicles at risk.

The real risk is going to be public hysteria resulting in overwhelmed medical systems as well as the economic results of multi-business lockdowns. May change the course of the election, and a democratic president is going to compound the economic downturn even further. 

I try to stay as positive and objective as possible however this pandemic is far more reaching than anything the world has ever seen.

Things are going to get far worse before they get any better.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

To date in the U.S. there have been 84 recorded deaths and roughly 7,800 infected with the virus.

Troubling to me is that I think the numbers are far more reaching than the media tells us.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, gillenator said:

To date in the U.S. there have been 84 recorded deaths and roughly 7,800 infected with the virus.

Troubling to me is that I think the numbers are far more reaching than the media tells us.

Those numbers, while large don’t sound as menacing as the media makes it out to be, no doubt precautions are necessary, but the death rate relatively low.

Remaining calm, objective, and making rational decisions based on facts and not fear and emotion is necessary, we’re heading to uncharted territories, with industries and businesses feeling the squeeze. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Melvin-Moderatorif you say that the numbers are not alarming, I have the impression that you underestimate the problem, it is not enough to take precautions, it is really a terrible thing, today in the most affected region of Italy in the north, there were 220 deaths, the  virus spreads too quickly, hospitals are saturated, there are not enough machines to keep the sick in "intensive care" ... it's really tragic.

Below, the numbers updated to today.

8DF23DEA-05FE-454F-A0AF-FC9BE9C4DE54.jpeg

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Egy said:

@Melvin-Moderatorif you say that the numbers are not alarming, I have the impression that you underestimate the problem, it is not enough to take precautions, it is really a terrible thing, today in the most affected region of Italy in the north, there were 220 deaths, the  virus spreads too quickly, hospitals are saturated, there are not enough machines to keep the sick in "intensive care" ... it's really tragic.

Below, the numbers updated to today.

8DF23DEA-05FE-454F-A0AF-FC9BE9C4DE54.jpeg

No I know it’s serious, especially in Italy, I meant the numbers in the US. It’s definitely wise to follow our instructions to self-quarantine for the next two weeks.

View my thread

All governments should adopt the measures that Italy has taken, even if slightly late, in particular that of closing pubs, schools, universities and all meeting places, for example in Great Britain they will not, it is not enough to close  the borders and not to let foreigners enter, but to ban gatherings or places where one is in close contact with each other.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

No I know it’s serious, especially in Italy, I meant the numbers in the US. It’s definitely wise to follow our instructions to self-quarantine for the next two weeks.

US and every other country underestimating this pandemic will be having similar numbers to Italy along with collapse of their health care services.

It took almost 2000 infected and 79 deaths for the UK Prime Minister to completely change his speech yesterday and start taking action. 

I only hope that countries that haven taken the drastic mesures to stop this plague and will eventually become safe zones aren’t hit with a second wave from the US or other countries that aren’t taking the drastic measures necessary to contain this virus. 

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Egy said:

All governments should adopt the measures that Italy has taken, even if slightly late, in particular that of closing pubs, schools, universities and all meeting places, for example in Great Britain they will not, it is not enough to close  the borders and not to let foreigners enter, but to ban gatherings or places where one is in close contact with each other.

The US, has closed schools, bars, dine-in restaurants, any basically all non-essential public outings. Unfortunately, this is causing a huge financial strain on small and local businesses. I fear the worse is yet to come, the economic fall out is going to be really bad. 

View my thread

• Administrators

Italy's response to the quarantine

Meanwhile here in the US

View my thread

The Virus is bad enough however the economic fall out is the big thing to worry about as we could enter a period of huge civil unrest and a breakdown in law and order.  At some point things are going to have to start getting back to normality and the approach may need to be changed or we will be heading in to total meltdown.  

If one positive thing comes out of this that hopefully gets addressed it is how ridiculously unprepared our Governments are for a Viral pandemic. Why on earth China's borders and the virus epicentre were not locked down much earlier and closed down is either complete stupidity or there is something more sinister at work. 

Hopefully if anything like this pops up again in the world there will be adequate protocals in place to stop the global spread and pandemic going global far quicker. 

Edited by BaldingBogger
  • Like 2

The challenge to this is that there are an endless amount of pestilence and chemical warfare that have been and currently being developed to be used against our country...how do you defend against all of them when you don't even know what's coming?

Gillenator

My friend is a police officer in a large city and I asked him how his job had changed over the past few days. He said it was a lot less busy overall but that domestic abuse had gone way way up. Don't let cabin fever get you -- keep things in perspective folks. 

On the other side of things, the virus seems to kill twice as many men as women for some reason.

Remember the good old days when things were normal?

You know, like 7 days ago?

Edited by bismarck

A frog in a pot of simmering water won’t know it’s heading to a deadly boil until it too late...and then it’s too late.

The Media is manipulating the numbers to exhaserbate the hysteria, and the select few political leaders are purposefully mandating the shutting down of private businesses and ignoring civil liberties of 1/4 of the American population (which is heading to 100% of the population soon)...and mark my words you will see Martial Law nationwide but termed “shelter-in-place by the politicians but make no mistake, militarized forces on local streets in lockdowns is ML, don’t fool yourselves ....and if food and supplies becomes scare there will be mass panic and violence that will surpass injuries and deaths from this “virus”, wait and see. 

People can put their head in the sand and believe what they are told by a select few that control the information and accept non-sinister sounding verbiage for action that are what they seem...and once they become aware of they choose to remove the blinders it will sadly be too late for them to reclaim any type of previouse normalcy, sadly.

Its no coincidence that “virus” was concocted in China, that their communist regime used military strong-arm tactics to shutdown the population, and now are sending teams of their “doctors” (and likely not spies, right?!?!) to Italy to “help” them contain the situation...which, now has the population under military lockdown (Martial Law)...and no, I do not trust the Italian government officials claims that those elderly that have died is all from this “virus”.

Don’t be surprised at the “goodwill” trips those Chinese “doctors” and “teams” make their way stateside as well as North. China’s economy is fine as they’ve gained all the means of production and benefit from their own people and have amassed trillions in cash reserves from greedy Manufacturing CEO outsourcing jobs to them so they no longer need to rely on others for business or finance...but the rest of the worlds economy is collapsing.

If some commenters want to call me clueless or misinformed then so be it...but it may be due to the fear of me and others here that are without blinders making some sense through all the panacea but you refuse to accept it being true...and like the frog in the boiling pot...it will be too late.

I hope I’m wrong...but history has a crazy thing about repeating itself.

A268BD66-107A-4938-A94A-6A1B37A83BA8.jpeg

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

A frog in a pot of simmering water won’t know it’s heading to a deadly boil until it too late...and then it’s too late.

True statement, and so ironic that you would have it as your first sentence. 

Take it easy there Ayn Rand. Libertarian and sociopath are two sides of the same coin. Good luck with your anarchist philosophy in New York, things are going to get messy.

23 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I hope I’m wrong...but history has a crazy thing about repeating itself.

You sound like you might be in the early stages of a breakdown. Do you have a good support network?

Edited by bismarck
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

The Media is manipulating the numbers to exhaserbate the hysteria, and the select few political leaders are purposefully mandating the shutting down of private businesses and ignoring civil liberties of 1/4 of the American population (which is heading to 100% of the population soon)...and mark my words you will see Martial Law nationwide but termed “shelter-in-place by the politicians but make no mistake, militarized forces on local streets in lockdowns is ML, don’t fool yourselves ....and if food and supplies becomes scare there will be mass panic and violence that will surpass injuries and deaths from this “virus”, wait and see. 

Bro are you serious?

19 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Its no coincidence that “virus” was concocted in China, that their communist regime used military strong-arm tactics to shutdown the population, and now are sending teams of their “doctors” (and likely not spies, right?!?!) to Italy to “help” them contain the situation...which, now has the population under military lockdown (Martial Law)...and no, I do not trust the Italian government officials claims that those elderly that have died is all from this “virus”.

What the hell am I reading...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bismarck said:

True statement, and so ironic that you would have it as your first sentence. 

Take it easy there Ayn Rand. Libertarian and sociopath are two sides of the same coin. Good luck with your anarchist philosophy in New York, things are going to get messy.

Don’t assume there buddy, I none of any of your bullshit assumption. I’m pro civil liberties pro small business...and even bashed CEOs in my comment, dumbass.

2 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Don’t assume there buddy, I none of any of your bullshit assumption. I’m pro civil liberties pro small business...and even bashed CEOs in my comment, dumbass.

Seriously. If you need help there are resources. You really don't sound stable.

• Like 1