Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

Melvin- Admin

1 minute ago, Abi28 said:

I don't even watch the news, I have family members in Europe and the Middle east, everyone is not going to work and is at home now because of how serious this is, this has nothing to do with the United states the media and your leaders.

And...your family members are panicked because they are watching the news local/international and their leaders are imposing restrictions. Do you want your family members to be in such a panicked state for weeks or months with a lack of food and supplies and work when the fatality rate is low amongst those under 60??

If this type of hysteria continues for months people will get aggressive and violent to get means to survive...if.we just accept these dystopian measures that that’s what will happen..

5 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

And...your family members are panicked because they are watching the news local/international and their leaders are imposing restrictions. Do you want your family members to be in such a panicked state for weeks or months with a lack of food and supplies and work when the fatality rate is low amongst those under 60??

If this type of hysteria continues for months people will get aggressive and violent to get means to survive...if.we just accept these dystopian measures that that’s what will happen..

They are not in panic, they are at home waiting for the virus to be contained like China did, that's how you contain the virus, otherwise it will keep spreading with no stopping it.. Anyways I am done talking about this subject

• Like 1

My wife went to do our normal weekly grocery shopping and with the intent of stocking up on water...when she got home, she said the shelves are already empty!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

This is our current global environment 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just imagine the global loss of jobs should “social distancing” and ‘working-from-home’ become the new norm...as the media keeps referring to ad nausium...Gone will be jobs in RealEstate, Service work, retail and restaurant etc...add that to much more ai and automation taking over many more human jobs...the global economy would be worse than the Great Depression, much worse and perpetually and the damage will do much more harm, depsperation, violence, deaths than any virus could do.

• Administrators
Just now, CosmoKramer said:

Just imagine the global loss of jobs should “social distancing” and ‘working-from-home’ become the new norm...as the media keeps referring to ad nausium...Gone will be jobs in RealEstate, Service work, retail and restaurant etc...add that to much more ai and automation taking over many more human jobs...the global economy would be worse than the Great Depression, much worse and perpetually and the damage will do much more harm, depsperation, violence, deaths than any virus could do.

The cruise industry is almost bankrupt, thats billion dollar industry, almost done. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, gillenator said:

My wife went to do our normal weekly grocery shopping and with the intent of stocking up on water...when she got home, she said the shelves are already empty!

And this panacea is only the beginning, what will happen when the supply chain has no employees to run it or enough of it...for food/water/medications/essentials? If people whom are healthy are put into lockdown it’s game over.

Could a real revolution will take place?

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Just scratching the surface!

Gillenator

5 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Could a real revolution will take place?

Sad to say, likely not, the people at the top of the food chain have all the resources to prevent the such, like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I find it interesting when someone I know mentioned how the brave people in Hong Kong and Tehran were protesting in mass for months...all to have that quelled due to this new virus, and coincidentally other than Italy China and Iran having large amounts of reported deaths (and now the media is circulating an image of mass dug graves in Iran standing ready. Perfect way to quell revolutions, some may say.

• Administrators

I usually do my shopping on Friday and all the stores have been ransacked, the danger of people not getting their basi necessities scares me more than this virus. It seems like overnight, people are hoarding like it’s the end of time. The one who suffer are the elderly. I read on a local FB post that an elderly woman was on a verge of breakdown because she couldn’t find toilet paper, the most basic necessities smfh 

image.png

View my thread

One of my favorite tv shows is the classic Twilight Zone, which in many episodes, held up a mirror to our society’s faults...and I would say everyone should watch this episode (on netflix or Hulu) as like the office episode Melvin posted, this has a similar allegory...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pzSwYaxLg

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I usually do my shopping on Friday and all the stores have been ransacked, the danger of people not getting their basi necessities scares me more than this virus. It seems like overnight, people are hoarding like it’s the end of time. The one who suffer are the elderly. I read on a local FB post that an elderly woman was on a verge of breakdown because she couldn’t find toilet paper, the most basic necessities smfh 

image.png

Exactly! 

This too is was scares me more than the virus and why I’m (wasting?) my time debating this here, because life imitates art and that’s exactly what I thought of when I was watching the crowd at Costco and aldi and how many were elderly barely able to keep up to get things...and it truly saddened me to see and to think of how many more older people or disabled were at home unable to go to the store or have anyone go for them. So, I urge and hope people check on their elderly family/friends/neighbors and ask if they need anything. 😔

@CosmoKramer and @Melvin-Moderator I’m shocked at your comments and comparisons of this virus with a IT bug Y2K.

Italy has 1266 deaths due to this virus. Italian Hospitals are not accepting patients over 60 years old due to lack of equipment so they are being sent home to die. 

Portuguese parliament today had a general Doctor stating the we also don’t have enough medical practitioners and equipment to treat the amount of people coming in every day and if drastic containment mesures aren’t enforced we will rapidly be in the exact same situation as  Italy.

I do hope that you are clueless to what’s happening because your country infrastructure are holding and for now Covid-19 is indeed posing the same threat as a IT bug but I doubt this to be the case and very soon your government will also be enforcing more drastic mesures to prevent this from spreading because no country is ready to have 10% of its population rushing to the hospital in need of urgent care.

Stay safe and open your eyes Covid-19 is not Y2K!

D98253F1-EA37-4287-A583-9DA99941A2CF.jpeg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

• Administrators

More people are likely to die as a result of the fear than the virus itself. What happens when restaurants close down and there’s no food in grocery stores. That thought scares me 100x more than a virus with a 5% mortality rate. 

• Like 1

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

More people are likely to die as a result of the fear than the virus itself. What happens when restaurants close down and there’s no food in grocery stores. That thought scares me 100x more than a virus with a 5% mortality rate. 

Unacceptable statement from someone working at the health industry! 

What’s more deadly, a virus with 100% mortality rate that will affect 1% of the population around the amazon rain forest of Covid-19 that will affect 10% of a whole country population if not contained...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@CosmoKramer and @Melvin-Moderator I’m shocked at your comments and comparisons of this virus with a IT bug Y2K.

Italy has 1266 deaths due to this virus. Italian Hospitals are not accepting patients over 60 years old due to lack of equipment so they are being sent home to die. 

Portuguese parliament today had a general Doctor stating the we also don’t have enough equipment to treat the amount of people coming every and if drastic containment mesures aren’t enforced we will rapidly be exactly like Italy.

I do hope that you are clueless to what’s happening because your country infrastructure are holding and for now Covid-19 is indeed posing the same threat as a IT bug but I doubt this to be the case and very soon your government will also be enforcing more drastic mesures to prevent this from spreading because no country is ready to have 10% of its population rushing to the hospital in need of urgent care.

Stay safe and open your eyes Covid-19 is not Y2K!

D98253F1-EA37-4287-A583-9DA99941A2CF.jpeg

I’m shocked that you can’t see the nuances in paranoia and panace in both...and not in anything where I compared the technical attributes of either situation.

Show me where I can see lines of sick people overcrowding hospitals and the infected overwhelming them please, NOT just statements from paid spokesmen and the corporate & state media, serious claims need serious evidence, I’m a blunt SHOW-ME New Yorker.

Here in a part of NY they’ve isolated a mile of a town and all I see on the news media is the reported showing the dozens of setup tents with doctors and nurses in hazmat suits standing by them...no patients, just empty tents...........Visuals are a powerful thing.

Edited by CosmoKramer

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

What’s more deadly, a virus with 100% mortality rate that will affect 1% of the population around the amazon rain forest of Covid-19 that will affect 10% of a whole country population if not contained...

So in your scinario let’s all ingnore the very likely chance that the food/medicine/essentials supply chain will reach its end due to quarantined and lockdowns and people will survive with out their supply of food water and medicine...that is what will happen and it’s is delusional to believe it won’t if we succumb to the fear. I hope you and your family have enough to last you months because I predict you will see empty shelves when you run out and then you will pound dirt or resort to an animalistic nature.

Go read Lord of the Flies.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

That’s not the reality of the situation. To date, we have about 30 deaths in the US, but are grocery stores are empty, and the situation is growing more volatile by the second. People are behaving irrationally. I’m not saying don’t take precautions, but ransacking a store like it’s the end of time is unacceptable. What about the old and weak, what will they do?

We need to remain objective, look at the details, so far, yes it’s spreading quickly. But the fear is so much worse. What happens when this blows over, and entire industries are gone. Unemployment rises, things will be a lot worse, for a lot longer. 

• Like 1

View my thread

26 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

So in your scinario let’s all ingnore the very likely chance that the food/medicine/essentials supply chain will reach its end due to quarantined and lockdowns and people will survive with out their supply of food water and medicine...that is what will happen and it’s is delusional to believe it won’t if we succumb to the fear. I hope you and your family have enough to last you months because I predict you will see empty shelves when you run out and then you will pound dirt or resort to an animalistic nature.

Go read Lord of the Flies.

My wife is a Judge and is working everyday to assure urgent court trials keep on going but after work she is isolated at home with her family. 

I run a sales department so like all the other people that can work from home, we are doing our civic duty of isolating ourselves to avoid further widespread. 

Ofcourse not everyone can stay home because factories must keep on producing and nothing as stopped like you ignorantly say but mesures are being taken to avoid further widespread. 

In Portugal everyone now knows someone with this virus so ofcourse there will be a panic and people will stock up with a 1 month of food because they are indeed planning on staying home for a whole month. 

The multinational I work for said that my job functions can be carried out remotely so I was asked to isolate myself until further notice in order to reduce the risk of widespread at both the factory and our society. 
Every company is doing this as it’s their  social responsibility to do so!

@Melvin-ModeratorIf you want images just watch Italian tv channels.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s not the reality of the situation. To date, we have about 30 deaths in the US, but are grocery stores are empty, and the situation is growing more volatile by the second. People are behaving irrationally. I’m not saying don’t take precautions, but ransacking a store like it’s the end of time is unacceptable. What about the old and weak, what will they do?

We need to remain objective, look at the details, so far, yes it’s spreading quickly. But the fear is so much worse. What happens when this blows over, and entire industries are gone. Unemployment rises, things will be a lot worse, for a lot longer. 

Exactly, once again!

What will people do when their job is no longer there to return to and they have a family to feed and take care of...and no supplies?...will they let themselves just starve to death or will they take things into their own hands?? I don’t give a shit what some paid spokesperson on a corporate or state run media says, people will kill their neighbor if their neighbor has food and they and their family has none and is starving, history has shown this and will always be the case. 

Its utterly delusional to believe that some magical elves are out there producing food and things to satisfy the masses when politicians have locked down activities and employers jobs.

If the insane actions of people battling each other in stores over f@cking toilet paper is not a glimps to more serious dangerous things to come if we accept fear, than there is no point debating. 

It will be survival of the fittest and those that have accepted fear and isolation will do so at their own peril. 

Edited by CosmoKramer

7 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

What will people do when their job is no longer there to retire and they have a family to feed and take care of...and no supplies?...will they let themselves just starve to death or will they take things into their own hands?? I don’t give a shit what some paid spokesperson on a corporate or state run media says, people will kill their neighbor if their neighbor has food and they and their family has none and is starving, history has shown this and will always be the case. 

You are blowing things out of proportion, you can still go outside buy food and medicine, not everything is 100% closed, you have no idea what's going on just stop with the nonsense..

• Like 1