EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN AFTER 6 YEARS RESEARCHING, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR. PRADEEP SETHI AND DR.ARIKA BANSAL @ EUGENIX INDIA ,FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR.

On 5/5/2020 at 12:53 AM, Briguy said:

Looking good.

Can you see or tell the difference for what you think are the scalp vs beard grafts?

Thanks, happy growing

Hello Briguy, 

I dont see any difference as I look in the mirror between the scalp or beard hair.

The beard hair is dryer than scalp hair and also more wirey . When I touch the hair I can feel the difference . The beard hair also stands up straighter, and this can be noticed  if I have not washed my hair for a day or two.

Lately I have been massaging Avocado oil into my scalp for dryness and also it is exceptionally good for moisturizing the hair so overall it's not an issue for me whatsoever. 

Over time the beard grafts will take the same characteristics of scalp hair and will be less wirey , so by washing my hair regularly anyway dosent make It any issue at all .

Paddy

Edited by paddyirishman
Correct spelling
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Wow Paddy 🤩 you’ll be in my next installment of week’s best hair transplants for sure. Great progress 👏🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Paddy it looks fantastic. I've recently been in contact with Eugenix and I am also seriously considering having my Norwood 7 treated by them also. My donor is compromised from two procedures when I was young and I have a lateral scar on my forehead (that I have been really self conscious of all of my life). Dr Pradeep however believes that I have nothing to worry about in covering the scar and I can expect good coverage with 7,000 scalp/beard grafts. I have sent them many photos and a video of my donor area. Can I ask was it Dr Pradeep or Dr Arika who performed your procedure? Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

@Pyrat  Yes I'm hoping and expecting more density as the hair growth journey takes 12 to 18 months after a HT.  This will happen by more transplanted hair coming through, and this will be in addition to what hair is transplanted and grown already and when this happens it will create more density. The transplanted hair that has grown already will also mature more, and the shafts of the Hair will become thicker and more robust also over the coming months. Slow growing hair that was placed in the hairline will also grow more over the coming months which will improve density further. 

There was about 45 grafts per cm2 placed in the front and graduated back to about 30 grafts per cm2 .

Paddy.

• Thanks 1

Hi paddyirishman, I have been reading all the posts in this thread. And it's been giving me motivation to finally go for an HT

A special thank you for reaching out to me over PM and I would love to see your latest pics to see the growth. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Jay,   Thanks for your appreciation you are most welcome. I'm very happy to help as I was in your situation not so long ago and I fully understand the fears and anxiety one goes through. 

Here are some latest quick pictures I have taken here in the car a few days ago. I have not reached 6 months yet after the HT .  I'm very happy.

20200514_140448.jpg

20200514_140444.jpg

20200514_140453.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paddyirishman said:

Hello Jay,   Thanks for your appreciation you are most welcome. I'm very happy to help as I was in your situation not so long ago and I fully understand the fears and anxiety one goes through. 

Here are some latest quick pictures I have taken here in the car a few days ago. I have not reached 6 months yet after the HT .  I'm very happy.

20200514_140448.jpg

20200514_140444.jpg

20200514_140453.jpg

You sir are going to be a poster boy soon for successful HTs all over the world :).. but this is very good growth I must say. 

On a personal note, considering your case is very similar to mine and you had very similar number of grafts as have been suggested by the doctor to me, I think I would be in good hands. 

Thank you again for posting so promptly with your pictures!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

20200514_140448.jpg

20200514_140444.jpg

20200514_140453.jpg

Looking good @paddyirishman. Have you cut your hair since your transplant or have you just let it all grow.

• Like 1

@Pyrat Yes my wife very carefully trimmed a very small amount of hair off the mid scalp area recently and also shaved up the sides and back as it was getting out of hand. 

I did not touch the frontal area where the slower growing hairs were implanted into the hairline. I'm looking forward to the coming months ahead for continued further density and improvement .

Paddy 

Hey Paddy 

Density Getting stronger and stronger.. Very happy for you.. I noted you said you never touched ie cut  the frontal hairline since the op... I'm left thinking what was I at buzzing my entire scalp including recipient since start of my shedding.. Aroud 2 weeks... And every week or so thereafter until month 3...ive a sinking feeling I may of comprised density down the road... Continued strong healthy growing Paddy 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

@Pyrat Yes my wife very carefully trimmed a very small amount of hair off the mid scalp area recently and also shaved up the sides and back as it was getting out of hand. 

I did not touch the frontal area where the slower growing hairs were implanted into the hairline. I'm looking forward to the coming months ahead for continued further density and improvement .

Paddy 

It already looks quite good Paddy and will only get better. I cannot believe that you used just under 3600 grafts to achieve this. This should be a very good result. I’m hoping for pretty much the same whenever I get to get my procedure done.

• Thanks 1

@Pyrat    @Gatsby   @BOW32 Thanks for your comments. Yes still plenty of time for more density. Im very pleased with how my growth has taken off. Im not on any medication whatsoever.  Transplanted hair can show more density and maturity up to at least 12 months .

I did have some small amount of hair on top although it was sparce before my HT . I was classified a norwood 6. So every strand of hair counts when one is at that stage to help create the illusion of density. I had about 700 beard grafts implanted into the mid scalp back and each single strand of beard hair is about twice as thick as normal scalp hair so that has definately helped the cause.Take care.

Any comments or questions feel free.

Paddy

Edited by paddyirishman
Left out words

Paddy,

looking good fella. Quick question about the beard grafts if you mind answering please? 
how have you found them growing in mixed with hair grafts, do they blend in well together?

cheers 

irish ☘️ 

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

On 5/23/2020 at 4:41 PM, paddyirishman said:

@Pyrat    @Gatsby   @BOW32 Thanks for your comments. Yes still plenty of time for more density. Im very pleased with how my growth has taken off. Im not on any medication whatsoever.  Transplanted hair can show more density and maturity up to at least 12 months .

I did have some small amount of hair on top although it was sparce before my HT . I was classified a norwood 6. So every strand of hair counts when one is at that stage to help create the illusion of density. I had about 700 beard grafts implanted into the mid scalp back and each single strand of beard hair is about twice as thick as normal scalp hair so that has definately helped the cause.Take care.

Any comments or questions feel free.

Paddy

Hey Paddy

By no medication, you mean no medication like finesteride as well? I mean any medication which might have been suggested to you during the transplant.

@Zoomster @LonelyGraft   @transplantedphil   Thank you for your support and very kind words.

@irishsailor  yes I have found the beard grafts to blend in very well with my native hair. In previous posts on this thread I have spoken about them in more detail if you wish to see more info. Avocado oil is excellent to take that extra dryness out of the beard grafts. Over time in the months and years ahead they will have more of the scalp hair characteristics. 

@Jayant  I don't take finasteride or any medication. The doctors did tell me it was important to take it to help retain what hair I have. I decided to use Aloe Vera juice and vitamins instead. You can see more details about that in previous posts.

@Panamera13 Thank you very much for the great comparison pictures. It's only when you put up pictures side by side we can truly see the great result I have achieved. I don't know how to put the pictures in that format myself so if you could do some more pictures like that I would be very thankful.

All the best 

Paddy