EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN AFTER 6 YEARS RESEARCHING, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR. PRADEEP SETHI AND DR.ARIKA BANSAL @ EUGENIX INDIA ,FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR.

@paddyirishman my session is booked with dr pradeep on 18th Feb in mumbai. I have chosen  the 120/graft package which has increased in price now. I will be getting around 1500-2000 grafts for more density on the hairline and filling the major gaps. Although i m thinning slightly on the crown as well but i will use medicines for that considering i m just 31 now and might need more grafts in future so graft management is very imp. I had and a fue 18 months back of around 1200 grafts for my hairline which did not give me enough density and would like to fix it once it for all this time. My first procedure was not very well researched. This time I have understood the importance of choosing the right surgeon.

Thanks for all your help @paddyirishman

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Loadrunner said:

@paddyirishman my session is booked with dr pradeep on 18th Feb in mumbai. I have chosen  the 120/graft package which has increased in price now. I will be getting around 1500-2000 grafts for more density on the hairline and filling the major gaps. Although i m thinning slightly on the crown as well but i will use medicines for that considering i m just 31 now and might need more grafts in future so graft management is very imp. I had and a fue 18 months back of around 1200 grafts for my hairline which did not give me enough density and would like to fix it once it for all this time. My first procedure was not very well researched. This time I have understood the importance of choosing the right surgeon.

I thought the price still stayed at 120rs? What’s has it changed to now?

42 minutes ago, Min12 said:

I thought the price still stayed at 120rs? What’s has it changed to now?

Comprehensive package with dr arika is rs.120 however the one with dr pradeep is rs 210 as per the new pricing on website

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Loadrunner said:

Comprehensive package with dr arika is rs.120 however the one with dr pradeep is rs 210 as per the new pricing on website

Yeah just checked, the 210 rs package involves Sethi/Bansal doing all of the implantation on the hairline, that’s the only main difference.

Edited by Min12

Hey paddy hope your well? Hope everything is going well regarding your aftercare of your hair transplant it’s 9 days till I go really starting to dawn on me now lol and getting really nervous but if I tell you the truth I’m more nervous about flying haha I’m a terrible flyer and I’m also worried about the fact that I have a stop at Frankfurt on the way home and worried about more chance of bumping my head but also can not wait to get the whole hair transplant journey started how did you find the sleeping mate with the neck pillow? All the best 👍

Hello @Bigjab yes best wishes for your own upcoming HT.

Please see the previous posts for top tips for a comfortable flight and getting through security after your HT.

The sleeping for me was no problem lying on my back with a neck pillow . I never slept on my back before , so I was nervous what to expect. I came up with a few ideas that couldn't have worked better as I got excellent nights sleep.

TOP TIPS :

Put some pillows tightly each side of yourself , this will take the worry away from rolling over and will prevent you doing it even if you try, as you also have a neck pillow also . This will greatly help to make you feel comfortable lying on you back.

Leave ANTIBIOTICS and painkillers and other medication provided by the clinic untill close to the time you go to bed, the medication can make you drowsy and this can be a positive to help you sleep.

Get up from bed really early in the morning and by the time you hit the bed at night you will be asleep in no time at all.

......Paddy.... 

5 WEEK UPDATE 

SHEDDING STOPED FOR THE MOMENT AT LEAST, AND HOPEFUL THERE WON'T BE ANY MORE AND THAT WILL BE IT.   REDNESS ALMOST GONE IN RECIPENT AREA BUT NOT NOTICABLE TO ANYBODY.  RECIPENT AREA NOT ITCHY AND FEELS GOOD.

DONER AREA FEELS GREAT. IN ONE AREA STILL FEELS A SLIGHT STING WHERE IT HAS NOT HEALED 100% , IT HAS IMPROVED EVERYDAY THOUGH AND ANOTHER WEEK OF HEALING WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO IMPROVE IT. 

I CONTINUE TO USE ALOE VERA GEL ON MY DONER AND RECIPENT AREA 3 TIMES A DAY AND IS REALLY GOOD TO MOISTORISE THE SCALP AND HELP WITH ANY SMALL AREA IN MY DONER AREA THAT NEEDS HEALING.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME AND EVEN AFTER 1 MONTH NOBODY CAN TELL I HAD A HAIR TRANSPLANTATION. HAVING SAID THAT , THE RECIPENT AREA HAS LOST A LOT OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR THROUGH THE SHEDDING PROCESS , AND IS LOOKING EMPTY AT THE MOMENT .

ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS FEEL FREE.

.........................PADDY......................20200110_230017.thumb.jpg.5afbde274ebcd9e045f3432dc44f2f0a.jpg

Looks good paddy - same amount of time again and you will be hitting the fun part! 

If you grow your beard out to a trimmer length number 2-3, what does the donor zone look like now after  ~700 grafts? And what were the avg. groupings of these beard hair grafts?

Did you get an estimate of how many remaining scalp hair donor grafts and under chin beard hair grafts you have left in the bank? 

Cheers, and all the best 

Hello @BOW32 some great questions. When the beard is grown out to 2 or 3 nobody can tell any extractions had taken place, and that's the same no matter what length it is. I will try and post a few more pictures soon. I dont know about the group's for beard at the moment if I find out from Eugenix I will keep you updated.

I have 1500 to 2000 approx scalp grafts left as my doner was well managed, and I have about 3000 beard grafts left.

.................Paddy...........

Thanks @Jaden for your appreciation. It's my pleasure to share my experience and knowledge to help anybody researching a Hair Transplantation. 

All those tips will help greatly to your plans for travel before and after your HT,  knowledge of what to expect for your HT,  post op  , and all the aftercare also.  

......Paddy....

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 2:50 AM, Loadrunner said:

Thanks @Loadrunner for your appreciation . Dr. Sethi is marvellous and he will give you a wonderful result.

6 WEEK UPDATE

I AM AT THE STAGE NOW ON MY JOURNEY THAT IS CALLED THE UGLY DUCKLING PHASE. LOTS OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR HAS SHED, AND THE HAIR THAT'S LEFT IS NOT VERY EXCITING AT THE MOMENT. AS IM GONE 6 WEEKS  POST SURGERY I AM RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE UGLY DUCKLING PHASE, AS IN ANOTHER 6 WEEKS TIME FROM NOW WHICH WILL BE AT THE 3 MONTH MARK NEW HAIR WILL START TO PUSH THROUGH .

THE GOOD NEWS IS I HAVE EXPERIENCED NO MORE SHEDDING THANKFULLY.  THE REDNESS IS NOW GONE IN MY RECIPENT. THE NUMBNESS WHICH WAS JUST ABOUT GONE A WEEK AGO HAS NOW COMPLETELY DISSAPEARED ALTOGETHER. 

MY DONER AREA FEELS GREAT, AND IS COMPLETELY HEALED NOW. THERE IS NO MORE ITCHINESS THERE AT ALL.

I AM STILL WEARING A HAT WHEN I'M OUT AND ABOUT IN PUBLIC . WHEN I MET PEOPLE I KNOW WITHOUT THE HAT NOBODY HAS MADE ANY COMMENT ABOUT A HAIRTRANSPLANT AS ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO NOTICE ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY HAS BEEN DONE.

TOP TIP :

I HAD BEEN PUTTING ALOE VERA GEL ON MY DONER UP TO NOW TO HELP WITH HEALING AND ITCHINESS. I HAVE ALSO NOW BEEN PUTTING IN ON MY RECIPENT ALSO, IT IS REALLY GOOD AS A MOISTURISER FOR DRY SCALP.  I ALSO USE JOHNSON'S BABY SHAMPOO WHICH IS GENTLE AND KIND TO THE SCALP WHEN I WASH MY HAIR.

PATIENCE AT THIS STAGE IS IMPORTANT AS THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS SIT BACK AND WAIT.

ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE.

............PADDY........

20191229_121355.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

6 WEEK UPDATE

I AM AT THE STAGE NOW ON MY JOURNEY THAT IS CALLED THE UGLY DUCKLING PHASE. LOTS OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR HAS SHED, AND THE HAIR THAT'S LEFT IS NOT VERY EXCITING AT THE MOMENT. AS IM GONE 6 WEEKS  POST SURGERY I AM RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE UGLY DUCKLING PHASE, AS IN ANOTHER 6 WEEKS TIME FROM NOW WHICH WILL BE AT THE 3 MONTH MARK NEW HAIR WILL START TO PUSH THROUGH .

THE GOOD NEWS IS I HAVE EXPERIENCED NO MORE SHEDDING THANKFULLY.  THE REDNESS IS NOW GONE IN MY RECIPENT. THE NUMBNESS WHICH WAS JUST ABOUT GONE A WEEK AGO HAS NOW COMPLETELY DISSAPEARED ALTOGETHER. 

MY DONER AREA FEELS GREAT, AND IS COMPLETELY HEALED NOW. THERE IS NO MORE ITCHINESS THERE AT ALL.

I AM STILL WEARING A HAT WHEN I'M OUT AND ABOUT IN PUBLIC . WHEN I MET PEOPLE I KNOW WITHOUT THE HAT NOBODY HAS MADE ANY COMMENT ABOUT A HAIRTRANSPLANT AS ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO NOTICE ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY HAS BEEN DONE.

TOP TIP :

I HAD BEEN PUTTING ALOE VERA GEL ON MY DONER UP TO NOW TO HELP WITH HEALING AND ITCHINESS. I HAVE ALSO NOW BEEN PUTTING IN ON MY RECIPENT ALSO, IT IS REALLY GOOD AS A MOISTURISER FOR DRY SCALP.  I ALSO USE JOHNSON'S BABY SHAMPOO WHICH IS GENTLE AND KIND TO THE SCALP WHEN I WASH MY HAIR.

PATIENCE AT THIS STAGE IS IMPORTANT AS THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS SIT BACK AND WAIT.

ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE.

............PADDY........

20191229_121355.jpg

You are in a difficult period of your HT journey hopefully in few months you will have a great result 

• Valued Contributor

@paddyirishman, you are in great shape man! While you currently look like a bald guy you’re also in this really sweet spot with your recipient as it doesn’t look like a single thing has been done to it. 👍🏻 I’m really excited for you!! This waiting game we play is the hardest part. 

I’m curious as to how your donor is looking.

21 hours ago, Taurus75 said:

My Advice is to forget about it .and dont care what others think go out and enjoy yourself .

Yes @Taurus75  thats a good piece of advice , it's very important to stay positive . At the end of the day we are our own worst enemy, nobody else cares about how we look,  it's just ourselves.

......Paddy.....

Hey mate, looks good! I notice you said you use aloe vera gel to help with the dryness. I am 17 days in and my recipient area is looking a bit dandruffy/flaky. Do you think this will help me? Were you flaking at 17 days? Thanks!

Edited by 147break

Hello @147break. Yes Aloe Vera gel is excellent , I used it on my doner after 7 days when I was finished with the head wash and applying antiseptic ointment to the doner. It works wonders. 

Please check with your Doctor before applying it to your recipent, it should be fine. I started to put it on my recipent after 25 days or so.

Yes my scalp was dry after 17 days also , Dr Pradeep adviced me to wash the scalp every day to help with the dryness and it really helped greatly.

There are a few different types on the market , please see a picture of the one I use in my previous posts.

All the best for your own HT.

....Paddy...

Edited by paddyirishman
Used the word doner , it should have been recipent

On 1/23/2020 at 3:08 AM, Steeeve said:

@paddyirishman, you are in great shape man! While you currently look like a bald guy you’re also in this really sweet spot with your recipient as it doesn’t look like a single thing has been done to it. 👍🏻 I’m really excited for you!! This waiting game we play is the hardest part. 

I’m curious as to how your donor is looking.

Hello @Steeeve thanks for your comments. Yes my doner feels great and I'm very happy with it. It's still maturing to grow after it had been shaved to zero.  I knew before I went to Dr. Arika and Dr. Pradeep their work is really clean , and they take great care of their patients doner with extractions and not to overharvest in the same area as I have seen with so many other less experienced doctors in other clinics.

.........Paddy....

20200123_212731.thumb.jpg.ff4e1d7c8887daf247ba8700afec5147.jpg