EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN AFTER 6 YEARS RESEARCHING, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR. PRADEEP SETHI AND DR.ARIKA BANSAL @ EUGENIX INDIA ,FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:35 AM, Loadrunner said:

Hi paddy,

Hope you are going gud. I wanted to know how was your donor 9-10 days post transplant. I have been suggested around 1800-2000 grafts. I can take a week off plus Saturday Sunday. I want to know if it will look presentable post 10 days since i m in a client facing role or donor is in a bad shape?. Basically will it be possible to walk with a buzz cut in about 10 days with ppl not asking too many questions.

Thanks!

@Loadrunner my doner was good after 9 or 10 day. I had to put an antiseptic liquid and antiseptic ointment for the first 7 days. Then I had to do the first headwash to remove the crusts. After I done this I didnt have  any crusts showing which is a big help . 

After doing this your recipent will still be quite red. Mine was red for 3 weeks and started to die down after that and is only really back to normal in appearance after a month. 

The doner area is still tender after 10 days, but not as red as the recipent. It wont be as noticable as the recipent in terms of redness, your hair that grows on your doner will help to disguise it somewhat. 

So all in all make sure you have all the crusts off , or as many as possible without forcing them very much. Then speak to your doctor about what you can use to calm down the redness, but you should be fine without people asking questions. You could say that your scalp got irritated by a shampoo or something that caused the redness.

If any other guys reading this and has other ideas please feel free to share.

......................Paddy...............

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 6:00 AM, nordicwarrior said:

Compared to what it was like before Paddy (when you were in public as a high norwood), is the shock loss / ugly duckling that bad? Is it because it looks disorganised with stray hair?

@nordicwarrior shockloss leaves patches in your doner with no hair. The hair will grow back as normal after a few months. It dosent happen to everybody, When you get over this tempory phase you can look forward to the benifits of the HT. Once 3 months is over there is a lot of improvements week by week.

......................Paddy................

On 12/24/2019 at 12:26 AM, BOW32 said:

Congrats on your surgery Paddy - work looks great, and after all your extensive research I am sure you will be rewarded with knock out results! Will follow how you get on, 

@BOW32 Thank you for your kind words and best wishes.  

............Paddy........

3 WEEKS AFTER HT UPDATE.

( its more than 3 weeks actually , but this is what way things were at 3 weeks )20191210_115556.thumb.jpg.19eabfb986f9e80fe041d10b3c7331e5.jpg

THE NUMBNESS IS GONE FROM THE DONER AREA. I STILL HAVE NUMBNESS  AND SOME REDNESS IN THE RECIPENT ESPECIALLY ON THE FRONTAL 1/3 , IT HAS FADED FROM THE MID SCALP TO BACK , SO I EXPECT THE NUMBNESS TO BE GONE ON THE RECIPENT IN A WEEK OR SO .

I CAN FEEL A TINGLING SENSATION ALL OVER MY RECIPENT AREA AT TIMES WHICH IS A GOOD SIGN AS THE NUMBNESS IS FADING AND THOSE NERVE ENDINGS ARE COMING BACK TO LIFE AGAIN.

MY DONER IS ITCHY, TO RELIEVE THIS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PUTTING ALOE VERA GEL , WHICH IS REALLY GOOD. THE ITCHING CAN BE A SIGN THAT THE DONER IS IN HEALING MODE ALSO.

I HAVE EXPERIENCED SHEDDING FROM MY TRANSPLANTED GRAFTS  DURING WASHING ALSO IN THE LAST FEW DAYS, ITS NOT A WELCOME SIGHT BUT ITS PART OF THE JOURNEY WE MUST GET THROUGH.

I HAVE BEEN WEARING A HAT MOST OF THE TIME I HAVE BEEN OUT, AND WHEN I DIDNT I WAS WITH PEOPLE I NEVER MET BEFORE, AND NOBODY MENTIONED A THING ABOUT A HT. THEY JUST PRESUMED MY HAIR WAS SHORT ANYWAY.

UNDER THE CHIN WHERE THE BEARD GRAFTS WERE EXTRACTED IS COMPLETLY HEALED AFTER A WEEK.

.......ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE.......

........................Paddy............................

20191210_115231.jpg

20191210_114939.jpg

• Like 1

25 DAY UPDATE. 

THE NUMBNESS ON THE RECIPENT AREA IS FADING DAY BY DAY. FROM THE MID SCALP TO THE BACK IS PRACTICALLY BACK TO NORMAL, THE FRONTAL THIRD STILL HAS NUMBNESS BUT IS FADING GRADUALLY. THE REDNESS IS FADING ALSO.

DONER FEELS GOOD BUT STILL TENDERNESS HERE AND THERE WHICH I STILL EXPECTED AT THIS STAGE. I AM PUTTING ALOE VERA GEL 3 TIMES A DAY WHICH IS REALLY GREAT AS THE DONER HAS ITCHINESS NOW AND THEN.

I HAVE EXPERIENCED MORE SHEDDING OF MY TRANSPLANTED HAIR UNFORTUNATELY,  I CAN SEE THE LOSS WHEN I WASH MY HAIR.

..................PADDY.............

Hi

liking the progress! I’m wanting to know how you paid for the procedure and if they accepted card options or is it done via bank transfer before you arrive? 

Ive had a consultation with them and was advised 3500 for full coverage (just based off of the images) but was wondering if I all of a sudden required more on the day then I’ll need to carry extra cash around. It just that I’m not comfortable carrying a wad of cash around especially to India.

Also what mm size punch was used?

Edited by Min12

@Min12 I paid my booking deposit before arrival via bank transfer. 

When I paid for my procedure at Eugenix with Visa Debit card. So yes they have card facilities. If you have more grafts implanted  thats no problem, everything is very straightforward and the staff are very polite and friendly. 

If you bring cash or cards it is really safe anyway. You wont have a problem .

Punch size used on scalp was 0.9mm

Punch size used on beard doner 0.7mm

Where are you travelling from and what norwood are you ?

.........Paddy......

Your progress is really good @paddyirishman. I'll be following your progress closely. You had 3500 something grafts implanted right? Does that leave your donor area for a second or third transplant? I ask this because balding is a progressive condition and one may be ready for 2nd, 3rd of 4th transplant season right? As far as I know the “celebrity “ hair transplant mentor Joe did 10 transplants 😁. This is one reason I keep contemplating on a FUT procedure first, or a combination of FUT+FUE because that leaves more grafts to be taken for future HT sessions. 

8 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

@Min12 I paid my booking deposit before arrival via bank transfer. 

When I paid for my procedure at Eugenix with Visa Debit card. So yes they have card facilities. If you have more grafts implanted  thats no problem, everything is very straightforward and the staff are very polite and friendly. 

If you bring cash or cards it is really safe anyway. You wont have a problem .

Punch size used on scalp was 0.9mm

Punch size used on beard doner 0.7mm

Where are you travelling from and what norwood are you ?

.........Paddy......

I’m a Norwood 3 from England 😄

@min12 3000 + grafts carried out in the right hands will give a real change for a great improvement. 

I have some great tips in my previous posts on this thread on travelling from the UK to India which includes best Airport and times of day for departure and best arrival times into India and which airline etc.

You travelling from the UK what would  your opinion be on it ?

..............Paddy............

Hiya Paddy 

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to you sooner re how did I approach the travel end of things ..a query I think first brought up by Lenney

I intentionally flew through instanbul with Turkish airlines with the idea my return leg would be less stressful my thinking being personnel and general population throughout the airport would be somewhat desensitized to see guys waking around with surgical caps on their head and that goes for Onboard the aircraft and indeed immigration in Ireland would be aware plane just in from istanbul..guy with surgical cap on..wave.him through ..and that indeed was the way it turned out for me 

" looking for HT " gave me a great tip which also contributed to a super smooth transit home ...don't be shy in approaching fast track channels everywhere you see them and humbly ask can you go through..." I've just had surgery I get dizzy standing in Q s sir "....Go ahead was the reply every time and that goes for boarding aircraft too ...I'll be taking a blue surgical cap on all future travels regardless of HT or not 😉😁.....I arrived in 7 am 20 th ....I guess with hindsight an absolutely ideal time of arrival into Delhi would be mid afternoon ...arrival at clinic late afternoon...bloods and consultation evening and surgery start 10 am next day ....there was a bit of needless hanging around on day of arrival which I ended up happily doing some promotional work for the clinic ...as they really do life changing work at Eugenix

I had a 7 am flight on the way home which involved a 3 am transfer from the clinic ..at the airport around 3.30...and everything went super smoothly o have to say ...my procedure ended 5pm 23 Rd and such was the high I was on with the job finally done I didn't actually sleep before my pick up to airport ....all told ...I don't think youll ever go to far wrong if you can aim to be in mid afternoon day before actual  surgery and aim to leave late night into early morning post surgery ..I was anxious would I be fit to travel after 3 days work on my head for just over 7000 grafts ....such is the work of the DHT technique by Eugenix you have absolutely nothing to woory about heading for airport a few hours after surgery regardless of size of surgery 

Hope this helps some users 

Happy new year to all the forum members and yourself Paddy 

Z

• Like 2

Hiya Paddy 

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to you sooner re how did I approach the travel end of things ..a query I think first brought up by Lenney

I intentionally flew through instanbul with Turkish airlines with the idea my return leg would be less stressful my thinking being personnel and general population throughout the airport would be somewhat desensitized to see guys waking around with surgical caps on their head and that goes for Onboard the aircraft and indeed immigration in Ireland would be aware plane just in from istanbul..guy with surgical cap on..wave.him through ..and that indeed was the way it turned out for me 

" looking for HT " gave me a great tip which also contributed to a super smooth transit home ...don't be shy in approaching fast track channels everywhere you see them and humbly ask can you go through..." I've just had surgery I get dizzy standing in Q s sir "....Go ahead was the reply every time and that goes for boarding aircraft too ...I'll be taking a blue surgical cap on all future travels regardless of HT or not 😉😁.....I arrived in 7 am 20 th ....I guess with hindsight an absolutely ideal time of arrival into Delhi would be mid afternoon ...arrival at clinic late afternoon...bloods and consultation evening and surgery start 10 am next day ....there was a bit of needless hanging around on day of arrival which I ended up happily doing some promotional work for the clinic ...as they really do life changing work at Eugenix

I had a 7 am flight on the way home which involved a 3 am transfer from the clinic ..at the airport around 3.30...and everything went super smoothly o have to say ...my procedure ended 5pm 23 Rd and such was the high I was on with the job finally done I didn't actually sleep before my pick up to airport ....all told ...I don't think youll ever go to far wrong if you can aim to be in mid afternoon day before actual  surgery and aim to leave late night into early morning post surgery ..I was anxious would I be fit to travel after 3 days work on my head for just over 7000 grafts ....such is the work of the DHT technique by Eugenix you have absolutely nothing to woory about heading for airport a few hours after surgery regardless of size of surgery 

Z

@paddyirishmanHiya Paddy 

Z

On 12/30/2019 at 2:33 PM, skallig said:

Your progress is really good @paddyirishman. I'll be following your progress closely. You had 3500 something grafts implanted right? Does that leave your donor area for a second or third transplant? I ask this because balding is a progressive condition and one may be ready for 2nd, 3rd of 4th transplant season right? As far as I know the “celebrity “ hair transplant mentor Joe did 10 transplants 😁. This is one reason I keep contemplating on a FUT procedure first, or a combination of FUT+FUE because that leaves more grafts to be taken for future HT sessions. 

Thanks @skallig

I  had my procedure FUE. Yes I had 3582 grafts.   I can still take another 2500 grafts approx from the scalp.   I can take another 2000 grafts from the beard. 

I didnt want to go FUT as I saw to many large scars during my research. Once you are cut, there is no going back. I also saw some good scars also, but personally it never appealed to me for a HT. I decided to skip the scar and tap into my doner from the beard . Every mans head of hair is unique, so thats the road I felt was best for myself in my situation. 

Yes speak to many surgeons and get all the advice,  and the best long term plan.  It depends on your expections,  and at the end of the day its all about supply and demand.

Yes Joe  Tillman had 10 HTs. Thats because he had some poor ones, and had many repair HTs as such. Now he is telling the world how to avoid the same pitfalls that he fell into. He is a great inspiration to the HT industry. He is helping guys everyday just like you and me. He only recommends Doctors and Clinics who meets his strict criteria.  Those Doctors that meet his criteria have to show many many examples of ;Great natural hairlines, Crown work , and repair cases.   Lots of clinics or Doctors wont touch the crown, as its so difficult. Then there is the beard grafts also . The doctors that Jo recommends  are the top doctors who are highly skilled, and think outside the box. Those are the ones that are evolving with science and using the best magnification equipment etc etc. Jo Tillman has the highest of strict criteria , he has his reputation to keep in tact.

@Eugenix Hair Science are recommended on his network. That was another big reason for me to make my choice to have my HT with Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal.

............... Paddy.......

Edited by paddyirishman
Left out important information
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Hiya Paddy 

Z

Zoomster has summed up really everything that I wanted to say 😜

You really have to choose whats right for you. For eg, if you can never sleep on the plane, skip the night flights. Your body clock will work accordingly so you can sleep at night in a proper bed.

I flew through frankfurt as it was simply a cheaper option. I pre booked my seats when flying back. This meant seat was booked next to toilets and extra room to get out without disturbing anyone. Remember saline spray ever 2 hours!!

Or if you are right handed, choose a seat where you can extend your right hand to spray saline water on your head of you cannot get out without disturbing and ofcourse saline spray isnt into everybody's face around you😂

AND YES, THE BEST TIP:

Checkout seatguru website for the airplane seat layout. For eg ; Lefthansa seat map didnt show that row 88 had a big leg room but I exactly knew it has and I chose it😉

Hope this helps.All the best everyone !!

@paddyirishman @Zoomster

• Like 1

@Zoomster  and @Looking for HT  

Thanks for your great information and tips to help anyone through the airport ,and best seating areas on the flights and lots of other advice.

There is some great information there thank you.

I wish you both well on your own HT journeys , and 

HAPPY NEW HAIR

....................Paddy..........

• Like 1

1 MONTH UPDATE 

THE NUMBNESS IN THE RECIPENT AREA IS GONE NOW. THERE IS STILL A LITTLE REDNESS BUT NOT NOTICABLE TO ANYBODY WHO MEETS ME. THE SHEDDING SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED , EVEN THOUGH I HAVE LOST A LOT OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR.

THE DONER AREA IS STILL TENDER IN 1 OR 2 PLACES , IT IS 90 % HEALED WHERE IT IS NOT TENDER AND FEELS GOOD .  I CONTINUE TO USE ALOE VERA GEL 3 TIMES A DAY TO COMBAT THE ITCHING WHICH IS REALLY WORKING WELL TO STOP IT,  AND ALOE VERA GEL HAS WONDERFUL HEALING PROPERTIES AND AN EXCELLENT MOISTURISER .

I CONTINUE TO WASH MY SCALP AND HAIR EVERY DAY AS PER DR.PRADEEP ADVICE . I USE JOHNSON'S BABY SHAMPOO AS ITS KIND TO THE SCALP.

TOP TIP

I HAVE BEEN USING ALOE VERA GEL ON MY RECIPENT AREA IN THE LAST 5 DAYS TO COMBAT DRY SCALP . I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH DRY SCALP AND I HAVE BEEN APPLYING IT 3 TIMES A DAY AND IT IS REALLY WORKING TO STOP THE DRYNESS.

......................PADDY....................20191226_135737.thumb.jpg.c255d37656e18bbdebb80621ecf387ea.jpg