EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN AFTER 6 YEARS RESEARCHING, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR. PRADEEP SETHI AND DR.ARIKA BANSAL @ EUGENIX INDIA ,FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, paddyirishman said:

UPDATE AFTER HEADWASH , 2 WEEKS AFTER HT. HIGH MAINTENANCE IS OVER.

ALL THE CRUSTS WERE REMOVED A WEEK AGO. THE REDNESS IN THE RECIPENT IS FADING EACH DAY. THERE IS STILL NUMBNESS ALL OVER THERE STILL. THE DONER AREA IS HEALING VERY WELL , AND THE WELCOME SIGN OF HAIR GROWING AGAIN IS GOOD TO SEE. THE NUMBNESS IN THE DONER AREA IS 95 % DISAPPEARED AND I EXPECT IT TO BE GONE COMPLETLY IN 3 OR 4 DAYS FROM NOW. UNDER THE CHIN AND BELOW THE JAWLINE WHERE NEARLY 700 BEARD GRAFTS WERE EXTRACTED HAS COMPLETELY HEALED UP AND NOBODY WOULD KNOW ANYTHING HAPPENED THERE INCLUDING MY SELF. 

.....ALL THE BEST FOR NOW....

....................PADDY.................

20191205_115051.thumb.jpg.4eafdd2967563fb8df86a8d7ada9c92a.jpg20191205_115051.thumb.jpg.4eafdd2967563fb8df86a8d7ada9c92a.jpg

20191205_115054.jpg

20191205_115431.jpg

20191205_115354.jpg

Thanks for the updates but why r u posting in all caps in half of your posts?

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, nordicwarrior said:

Looks great paddy 👍 

Why did you not get the crown done at the same time?

Hello @nordicwarrior thanks for your question.  I am a norwood 6.  I only had a small amount of hair left on the front and mid scalp, and my crown is bald.

When I was researching I came accross so much much material and one of the things I noticed time and time again was your doner area is limited. When one is a high norwood like myself , my doner is certainly limited.  The second thing I came accross time and time again was one should concentrate on the front and mid scalp and top first. You want to frame your face, then move back . This is what you see obviously when we look in the mirror, look at pictures of ourselves, meet and interact with people. So I wanted to improve and recreate my hairline and then add to whats behind that and work the way backwords. The next thing I came accross in my research is ...NOTHING IS 100% GUARANTEED.

Yes all the above makes perfect sense,  and Im saying what you know anyway,  so why didnt I continue and do the crown as well ....right ?

The first thing I said was that my doner ( and everybodys ) is limited.  I want to ensure those precious limited grafts are put in the most important area first, which is the front and mid scalp and top. I want to ensure Im happy with that result first. However I  wont know what the result of this is going to be untill at least 6 months to the 12 month mark. Im very positive and hopeful I will be happy. But nothing is 100% guaranteed.  So lets just say in 12 months time Im NOT satisfied with the final result ? I now have some of my limited doner still left to add to it . If I had to do my crown as well I would regret putting hair on the back of my head when I would much much prefer to have it on the front.

Because I didnt do my crown now, I have a back up plan to improve my number 1 priority,  because I didnt use those precious grafts in a non priority area in the first place , which is the crown.

Lets say Im really happy with my result in 6 months or 12 moths time which Im hopeful of , then I can look at doing my crown. At the same time I can see my doner and assess that situation also in 6 months time as this is another important aspect , of the HT journey.

There is always the temptation to go all out and make the most of doing as much as you can with your HT when you areange your date, especially when one has to travel a long distance, however I felt my approach is the best strategy for my own personal individual situation in the long run.

I hope the above is helpful @nordicwarrior ?

................Paddy............

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ill be watching this really closely paddy. Thanks for all the advice you’ve given me you really are very knowledgeable about this I’ve sent you photos of my before and after 6 months trying to block dht the natural way without finasteride and also without minoxidil as both of these gave me bad side effects and I believe the natural way is working fine. I go to dr Erkan demirsoy on the 16th January so I’m starting to really get nervous now. All the best bud 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Hello @nordicwarrior thanks for your question.  I am a norwood 6.  I only had a small amount of hair left on the front and mid scalp, and my crown is bald.

When I was researching I came accross so much much material and one of the things I noticed time and time again was your doner area is limited. When one is a high norwood like myself , my doner is certainly limited.  The second thing I came accross time and time again was one should concentrate on the front and mid scalp and top first. You want to frame your face, then move back . This is what you see obviously when we look in the mirror, look at pictures of ourselves, meet and interact with people. So I wanted to improve and recreate my hairline and then add to whats behind that and work the way backwords. The next thing I came accross in my research is ...NOTHING IS 100% GUARANTEED.

Yes all the above makes perfect sense,  and Im saying what you know anyway,  so why didnt I continue and do the crown as well ....right ?

The first thing I said was that my doner ( and everybodys ) is limited.  I want to ensure those precious limited grafts are put in the most important area first, which is the front and mid scalp and top. I want to ensure Im happy with that result first. However I  wont know what the result of this is going to be untill at least 6 months to the 12 month mark. Im very positive and hopeful I will be happy. But nothing is 100% guaranteed.  So lets just say in 12 months time Im NOT satisfied with the final result ? I now have some of my limited doner still left to add to it . If I had to do my crown as well I would regret putting hair on the back of my head when I would much much prefer to have it on the front.

Because I didnt do my crown now, I have a back up plan to improve my number 1 priority,  because I didnt use those precious grafts in a non priority area in the first place , which is the crown.

Lets say Im really happy with my result in 6 months or 12 moths time which Im hopeful of , then I can look at doing my crown. At the same time I can see my doner and assess that situation also in 6 months time as this is another important aspect , of the HT journey.

There is always the temptation to go all out and make the most of doing as much as you can with your HT when you areange your date, especially when one has to travel a long distance, however I felt my approach is the best strategy for my own personal individual situation in the long run.

I hope the above is helpful @nordicwarrior ?

................Paddy............

Wise words. 😎

• Thanks 1

Hi Paddy

Re the question asked " why did you not get the crown done too ?"...I thought your answer showed an awful lot of humility and empathy perhaps to a person starting out on his HT journey and research...

I think your strategy is spot on and comes from a place of years of astute research 

The crown is a bit of an " elephant in the room " for high Norwoods with limited donor ....in fact I think their is an industry term for it ..." The black hole " of graft requirement....as the crown is viewed head on ...it has an insatiable demand for grafts that you're typical high Norwood simply can't bring to the party 

To paraphrase the great Jotronic in his H & W days said 

" We find that clients tend to forget about a second procedure to restore crown in that they are more than satisfied with their front 2/3 rds restoration" ..or something along those lines

I suspect you and I will be in the same boat 

I fly to India 19 Dec 🙏

All the best P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Zoomster thanks for your reply and message. Yes you are absoutely correct , the crown is very well known as the.. 'black hole '  so many precious grafts to fill the void.

Best wishes for your trip to Great India, you will very much enjoy the hospitality and delicious food, and you will be in great hands for your HT.

............Paddy.........

TOP TIPS :  

MY DONER AREA IS FEELING ITCHY , IM NOT SURPRISED AS I CAME ACCROSS THIS INFORMATION DURING MY RESEARCH. BEFORE I HAD MY HT I BOUGHT ALOE VERA GEL . I HAVE BEEN PUTTING THIS ON MY DONER AREA AND IT IS GIVING GREAT RELIEF FROM THE ITCHING.  IT IS REALLY REALLY SOOTHING AND REFRESHING AND WILL ALSO HELP THE HEALING PROCESS.

....................PADDY..................

IMG-20191206-WA0011.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

TOP TIPS :  

MY DONER AREA IS FEELING ITCHY , IM NOT SURPRISED AS I CAME ACCROSS THIS INFORMATION DURING MY RESEARCH. BEFORE I HAD MY HT I BOUGHT ALOE VERA GEL . I HAVE BEEN PUTTING THIS ON MY DONER AREA AND IT IS GIVING GREAT RELIEF FROM THE ITCHING.  IT IS REALLY REALLY SOOTHING AND REFRESHING AND WILL ALSO HELP THE HEALING PROCESS.

....................PADDY..................

IMG-20191206-WA0011.jpeg

Good tip paddy I’ll be doing the same once Ive had mine done. What is your protocol for any possible shock loss? As I hear finasteride can help with this but you and me both are not taking finasteride because of it’s bad side effects. 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Looking for HT  Best wishes for your journey. When you arrive in India you will be made to feel very welcome by everyone @Eugenix Hair Science. You will be in great hands and everybody will have your best interests at heart. You are going to great doctors and team.

.........All the best for now ......

....................Paddy..............

2 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

@Looking for HT  Best wishes for your journey. When you arrive in India you will be made to feel very welcome by everyone @Eugenix Hair Science. You will be in great hands and everybody will have your best interests at heart. You are going to great doctors and team.

.........All the best for now ......

....................Paddy..............

Thanks Paddy. Hope your recovery is going well.

I decided not to check in any luggage so I dont have to wait and collect at the belt upon return.

Do you think thats a good option or shall I check in the luggage?

Cheers

@Looking for HT yes travel with only a small case , you wont need to check this in at the desk either where they are long queue s, and will save you loads of time . As you said also on your return home the last thing you want is to be waiting and watching a belt going round and round.

TOP TIP :

After your HT when its time to come home and when you get to the airport , you will naturally be a little anxious  with what to expect , but make sure to get to your departure  gate number at the earliest opportunity.  I was one of the first at my  gate coming home, that means you are one of the first one boarding the aircraft and less stress and worry about protecting your head from people pushing and shoving while putting bags up in a rush all around you. Once you get sitting down , you will be relieved thats another big step out of the way. 

...........All the best.......

................Paddy.........

8 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

@Looking for HT yes travel with only a small case , you wont need to check this in at the desk either where they are long queue s, and will save you loads of time . As you said also on your return home the last thing you want is to be waiting and watching a belt going round and round.

TOP TIP :

After your HT when its time to come home and when you get to the airport , you will naturally be a little anxious  with what to expect , but make sure to get to your departure  gate number at the earliest opportunity.  I was one of the first at my  gate coming home, that means you are one of the first one boarding the aircraft and less stress and worry about protecting your head from people pushing and shoving while putting bags up in a rush all around you. Once you get sitting down , you will be relieved thats another big step out of the way. 

...........All the best.......

................Paddy.........

Thanks Paddy for all the help and tips :)

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Took care of the spammer, thanks for reporting it Paddy, happy growing 🙏🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.