EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN AFTER 6 YEARS RESEARCHING, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR. PRADEEP SETHI AND DR.ARIKA BANSAL @ EUGENIX INDIA ,FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:31 PM, Bigjab said:

Good tip paddy I’ll be doing the same once Ive had mine done. What is your protocol for any possible shock loss? As I hear finasteride can help with this but you and me both are not taking finasteride because of it’s bad side effects. 👍🏼

Hello @Bigjab .  Great question.  Im hoping to deal with it by forgetting about it and thinking positive that a few months wont be long passing by. As I knew before I set out that this would not be the nice part. Its a short time pain for a long term gain. 

What I could do is possibly let my doner grow without cutting it short and this would help cover the patchy areas where their might be shock loss. I could add concealer s to help thicken the hair up also.I have never used consealers before.

I wont be looking in the mirror every time I pass it to notice how ugly it might look, Im just going to get on with life and try and forget about it. Its a short time pain for a long term gain. The months wont be long passing by.

................Paddy........

2 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Hahahahaha Hello @Bigjab .  Great question.  Im hoping to deal with it by forgetting about it and thinking positive that a few months wont be long passing by. As I knew before I set out that this would not be the nice part. Its a short time pain for a long term gain. 

What I could do is possibly let my doner grow without cutting it short and this would help cover the patchy areas where their might be shock loss. I could add concealer s to help thicken the hair up also.I have never used consealers before.

I wont be looking in the mirror every time I pass it to notice how ugly it might look, Im just going to get on with life and try and forget about it. Its a short time pain for a long term gain. The months wont be long passing by.

................Paddy........

Yes paddy keep your chin up the months will soon fly by and you’ll soon have the result you want mate all being well fingers crossed for you mate 🤞🏼

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 12/10/2019 at 5:35 PM, paddyirishman said:

I was also concerned about sleeping on my back , to protect the newly implanted grafts. I used a neck pillow on top of a regular low pillow, then put a big pillow either side of myself pinned in tightly under your arms down to your waist. It will be impossible to turn over on your side without wakening and realising what you are doing. Remember you will have the neck pillow as well.  If your tired , and also you are taking your medication late at night before you go to bed,  you will have no problem at all. I only had to do this for 7 nights. I never sleep on my back before my HT, and I had no problem at all.

I slept in a recliner chair for a few days. That seemed to work OK for me.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 12/19/2019 at 12:36 AM, nordicwarrior said:

1. How long did you stay post op at Eugenix paddy?

2. How did you feel after your transplant - do you think I could do some checking out of Delhi on the subsequent days (with a hat/bandana) or were you largely indoors?

Hello @nordicwarrior .

When my HT was completed I stayed that night also.  I got up in the morning and had breakfast and after breakfast had antiseptic applied to my doner by the nurse. I had my bag and everything ready to go as I was leaving at 11 in the morning to go to the airport for an afternoon flight. For me there is no point staying another night. I made the decision that I may as well be sitting on a flight home, than perhaps staying watching TV in my room. I was expecting to be feeling good and well after the HT and I was, as my research showed me that @Eugenix Hair Science carry out really clean work and that proved the case for me also thankfully. If I was to do a HT again I would do exactly the same.

I was indoors all the time except going out to dinner with Dr Sethi for a few hours. I had to be carefull getting in and out of the car not to bump my head. We walked around as normal like everybody else no problem at all. I could do anything normal , so if you want to visit Delhi for a few days thats no problem at all. You can spray the saline every 2 hours , and take your medication as advised. Needless to say you wont be able to do any activities that would put your self at risk of hitting your head to cause danage to your grafts.

..............Paddy.........

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, Lennney said:

Great stuff Paddy. Very detailed write up. These are the types of write ups that help prospective patients like Looking for HT, as well as those who are researching understand the process. The best way to alleviate anxiety and concerns is an unbiased, factual and detailed account. I know it helped when I was researching. 

I didn't participate in thread earlier (was away from forum), but I loved that you flew from London because, I assume, it was less expensive. Good stuff. Delhi can be inexpensive to travel to if you put some extra time researching prices from certain airports.

Some quick questions to help other members:

How many nights did you stay after your procedure(s)?

1.After the second procedure's sleep, how many additional nights did you stay? 

1A. Would you recommend more or less than you did (in hindsight). [ I know you had a good experience, start to finish, but would you have preferred staying longer or shorter or the same length of stay after the procedure?]

2. Any tips on the actual travel to Delhi? 

(Mine were: 1. bring a smog mask, 2. hiking boots (it gets muddy when it rains - more important if you go around sightseeing beforehand to Taj Mahal and around Delhi), 3. if you go do the haggling thing in certain malls [you'll know what I'm talking about if you get there], you can easily aim for 1/3 of the first stated price.)

3. Any tips on travels back after HT?

(Mine were: Don't worry too much about bringing saline solution back to your country. It's much more convenient to just leave the saline in India (taking only a <100ml airplane appropriate spritz bottle on the flight) and purchasing sterile saline before you leave TO India and have it wait for you at home when you return. It saves time, as the Delhi airport (even with my 3am flight on Jan ~11th [not any special holiday]) is a zoo! Took me 3 hours to get TO my boarding gate. It was super stressful, even when I arrived 4 hours before my flight. By only traveling with carry-on luggage and not bringing saline solution, it would have saved me 20-60 minutes. Also, spritzing your head every 2 hours or so. The air in the airplane is very dry, so keep your head moisturized. )

@Lennney  Thanks for the above tips. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I hope I answered most of your questions in some posts since, if not please let me know.

TOP TIPS :

Yes on Travelling to Delhi I made sure to arrive at a time that wouldn't put my body clock out of sync. First I made sure to get a direct flight on the day of my departure. I made sure to have an early morning departure flight which meant I was out of bed at before 05.00 am.   I landed at 22.30 Indian time so by the time I got to the clinic it was 12 midnight and time to get to bed  .

Indian time was 5 and a half hours ahead of the time zone I came from, but that didnt matter as I was out of bed before 05.00 am anyway so I was tired and didnt mind hitting the bed after settling in ,and by the time I made a phone call to home , I didnt feel a few hours passing. So all of the above planning was key for me to have a smooth run into the HT which was scheduled to start the next morning.

On my departure back I planned it that I had an afternoon departure, this meant I could have a good nights sleep again , and to have my doner treated with antiseptic by the nurse the following morning, and to make sure all is ok before departure. If I was to do it again , I would run with exactly the same plan as everything ran very smooth indeed.

I would like to know how @Looking for HT and @Zoomster travel plans and arrival times etc  went ??? Would you do anything different ???

as they both arrived in India for their HTs in the last few days.

I didnt do any sightseeing when I was there so I dont know anything about that Lenney. Please see other answers and tips I gave in a few previous posts, if I forgot anything Lenney please let me know.

.....................Paddy.................

Yes @nordicwarrior there can be swelling a few days after the HT. The swelling for me was on the forehead. Its not a major issue , there is no pain. It wont stop you doing anything you want to do. It goes away after 5 or 6 days.

TOP TIP

Massage your forehead with your thumbs or fingers from the centre of your forehead out to both sides, by doing this your are  pushing the fluid out away from your forehead and down each side of your face. This will make a big difference for improvement.

....................Paddy...............

Would @Lennney , @LonelyGraft @transplantedphil @BeHappy have any ideas or advice on the subject of shockloss or the ugly duckling phase please.???

Or any other guys have ideas or advice please ?

I am now 1 month after my HT and I have experienced some shedding which I was expecting. 

...............Paddy....... .....

It’s to be as expected at 1 month. Hats were my best friend at that stage whenever I left the house. Just make sure it’s not too tight. Stay away from too much direct sunlight as your hair is still pretty short and skin irritated/inflamed and u don’t want to risk sunburn.

remember, it’s only temporary!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

It's xmas time so you can just wear a santa hat ... everywhere!!

Thanks @transplantedphil  for your reply.The Santa hat is a great idea.😃:)😃:)😃.

On a serious note though yes you are right @Melvin-Moderator put a great video together on how to deal with shockloss. The answers I gave to @Bigjab above about shockloss was where I found them during my research.

Although I couldnt see myself putting on suntan as one other forum suggested, it might suit some though.

Thanks for your input @transplantedphil

...............Paddy...........

IMG-20191219-WA0001.jpg

Hi paddy,

Hope you are going gud. I wanted to know how was your donor 9-10 days post transplant. I have been suggested around 1800-2000 grafts. I can take a week off plus Saturday Sunday. I want to know if it will look presentable post 10 days since i m in a client facing role or donor is in a bad shape?. Basically will it be possible to walk with a buzz cut in about 10 days with ppl not asking too many questions.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Lennney said:

Just start rocking a flat cap. For you, it's weather, age and geography appropriate. 

Thanks @Lennney yes its a great time of year for wearing hats I aggree. I have been wearing a hat anytime I went out. I sometimes wear a hat anyway this time of year so its nothing out of the ordinary when people meet me.

Thanks for your input Lenney.

............Paddy........

• Like 1

@LonelyGraft  yes caps are the way to go as they are a great way to disguise the shedding of the transplanted hair.

Good advice about the sunburn , I saw that during my research to stay out of the sun as the recipent area especially is very red and inflamed after surgery. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for your input @LonelyGraft20191224_124259.thumb.jpg.5827b49697992457eab878fb8df081e7.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BOW32 said:

Congrats on your surgery Paddy - work looks great, and after all your extensive research I am sure you will be rewarded with knock out results! Will follow how you get on, 

Thanks @BOW32 for your best wishes. Yes a lot of research and thinking of facts and figures . I have every confidence of @Eugenix Hair Science . The journey is only about to begin.

Thank you .

......Paddy....