WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

Hey wylie

I would like to add one comment. I think you are biased by your knowledge in the field of hair transplants. Try to assess the case as if you know nothing or very little about the subject. If you were a young guy who is emotionally influenced by hairloss and wants his hair back.

I went to Dr Doganay to have him evaluate my hairloss situation and to check my eligibility for a hair transplant. I am 26 years old, I described how early I started to lose my hair (18), that my brother and father have both lost most of their hair (I'd say norwood 5-6) I showed a bunch of pictures of them and I also told I can not take propecia.

He took a quick look at my hair and asked what I wanted and I told him, "just something to better frame my face, you are the doc, what do you recommend?"

And then he drew a new hairline on my head. And obviously I was thrilled by the thought that I am seem to be a good candidate for a hair transplant and I can get my hair back.

Did he check my donor density? donor capacity? hair diameter? miniaturization pattern? Did he explain to me how a long term plan should be made based on the donor capacity and the miniaturization pattern and the hairline should be placed accordingly? No he did not. These are all things that I learned after the procedure and I know now. I was uneducated and I hate myself for that every day.

Yes, ultimately I had to agree to the hairline design but I was not properly assessed and informed and was rushed into a decision. Dr Doganay always seemed to be going to procedures and had very little time for consultations.

Edited by paleocapa89

Actually paleocapa89 the way you have described the way Dr Doganay evaluated your hair-loss situation or rather didn't pre-op, is pretty much how most budget clinics in Turkey [not all] treat patients, but I suppose the salient point here is they are not recommended on this site, but I read that the moderators are looking into this situation, hopefully they will make the correct decision regarding this matter.

Paleo I have had a look at all your photos and can emphasise with why you are angry. The work looks piss poor and I will be very surprised if you end up with anything decent out of this (although I hope I'm wrong). Frankly I hope he gets his membership terminated, this has been on the cards for some time.

At least you are repairable. I would not blame Doganay for your hairline placement, it is ultimately the responsibility of the patient on the hairline design. If you both decided on the placement and it is where you had both pre-determined it should be, that decision ultimately is yours, and if unhappy, you are to blame, not Doganay. To say after the fact that you have miniaturization and can't take meds is something, in my opinion, you are responsible for.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm simply an unbiased observer. I think your only complaint is that Doganay was not present enough (a common theme amongst most Turkish clinics) and poor growth. And perhaps your growth will take off, only time will tell.

Agree completely. Furthermore it's still way too early to judge the final result of this hair transplant.

I had a HT with Dr. Hakan Doganay too January this year. Very happy with my results. Which technician did your extractions paleocapa89? I'm curious.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

I have very little hope as well :( I try to be realistic, and not get my hopes up. I have been through hell during the last 5 months and I could not deal with another disappointment.

Swooping

Yes I saw your unbelievable result, you were one of the main reason I ended up choosing Dr Doganay. Now after researching, it seems you are basically the only person I could find with that kind of result that was not uploaded by the clinic.

I was told the extraction was done by "Fatma Can" although my procedure was separated into two days and I am sure that different nurses did the extraction each day, so I don't really know.

I assume that "Fatma Can" is a women? Nurses did your extractions? A man technician did my extractions both days and implantation was done exclusively by Doganay.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

• Administrators

I really can't see how the clinic can excuse that type of inconsistency, it appears that Dr. Doganay is more than capable of doing a good job as shown by swoopings result, but allowing young nurses to basically perform the whole surgery shows a total lack of quality control and is absolutely wreckless, especially when dealing with finite grafts that need to be utilized. If in 6 months the situation doesn't improve it should be the nail in the coffin for this clinic.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have sent the pictures to Dr Doganay as well, with a bunch of questions attached.

35.jpg[/img]

Yeah, you should be seeing growth right about now, if it doesn't improve dramatically in a month, then I think you can start getting nervous. Holding thumbs for you mate, at least the redness has gone. I highly doubt the doctor is going to be very responsive after what you just exposed. Let us know if he isn't

yes, both days young nurses did the extraction and Dr Doganay only partially did the implantation. For most parts of the operation he wasn't even there.

paleo,

Dr. Doganay says he uses implanter pens to simultaneously create (cut, punch) a graft recipient site (hole, channel) and seat a graft in it. It would be highly irregular if someone other than the surgeon did any graft implantations at a clinic where implanter pens are used. That would mean that a non-physician was performing the cosmetically all-important surgical task of creating the graft recipient sites. Are you sure that his techs or nurses were implanting some or most of your grafts? Using implanter pens? If so, this would be very, very concerning.

yes, I am 100% sure. Supposedly, some time ago all the implantation was done by Dr Doganay. Now even his profile states:

"Dr. Doganay prefers to place grafts in the crucial hairline areas himself while he gets help from experienced technicians for the remaining ones and place the grafts together"

Although a little later it states this:

"Dr. Doganay then carefully places all the grafts himself into tiny recipient sites using the pen implanter."

Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey

One of the reason I chose Dr Doganay was because I thought he makes all the implantation, when I chose him, his profile stated that. But I got plenty grafts from the technician everywhere, even in my left temple. It is easy to spot them cause they curl in every direction, I even got a bunch of double and triple grafts in the temple as well. There was a time during the implantation when Dr Doganay even left the room and the implantation was carried on like nothing happened. And yes they are using implanter pens.

Edited by paleocapa89

Yikes, paleo. If technicians are wielding implanter pens and using them on patients' scalps, then Dr. Doganay's clinic has indeed become a technician clinic where technicians perform hair restoration surgery. Many budget FUE clinics in his country reportedly have adopted this model (although some try to disguise it) but this is the first I've heard that Dr. Doganay has gone down this path. If your report is accurate, it sounds like Dr. Doganay only personally worked on part of your frontal hairline and let his technicians perform the rest of the transplant surgery, from scoring and extracting the grafts from your donor to creating the recipient sites and seating the grafts for the remainder of your recipient area, including even some or all of the temple work (which I consider to be part of the hairline).

FUE2014, if what paleo reports is accurate then techs are necessarily creating recipient sites too because that's how implanter pens work. We've read about other budget, technician FUE clinics in that country letting technicians do the site creation with needles or blades or drills followed by forceps placement/seating of the grafts into those sites. This is the first I've heard of an FUE clinic letting technicians perform these surgical tasks with implanter pens, but that's really beside the point. In my opinion, technicians shouldn't be creating recipient sites in patients' scalps regardless of the tools used, and certainly not at the clinic of a doctor that is recommended here.

Very, very concerning.

I have just registered on this forum in order to find out the new treatments about genetic hair loss. I saw your post and wanted to write something about my hair transplant performed by Hakan Doganay in 2012.

About me: I used to live in the states for about 8 years. I have been had the hair loss problem since I was 18. I’ve done lots of research about how to stop the hair loss especially my hair line started receding very fast. I found out that there was only 2 medical supplements approved by FDA. But I was never sure if I would use these medication because of the side effects. I decided to have hair transplant because that was the only way to feel better and younger. After long researches, I finally decided to have it by Hakan Doganay. Cause I have seen lots of outstanding results of him.

I was 24 when I graduated from the college and got back to Antalya for good. After a while I went to Dr. Hakan Doganay’s clinic for a consultation. I was very sure that He was going to accept me as his patient. I was shocked when he refused to perform a hair transplant. It was my only hope to have a hair transplant by him so that I could be happy again. He told me that It would not be a smart way to get a hair transplant at this age. But I was so sick of being in depression. I told him that I take the responsibility. He was still not very eager to go ahead for the procedure. Then I told him that if you don’t accept me as your patient, I will go to another doctor and I will do it anyway. But I want him to be my doctor because of his great results. Finally he accepted only in one condition. And that was that I would never stop taking medical supplement support. Then we set the day for the transplantation.

In brief my personal advice for you is not to worry too much. It is too early to worry about it. I uploaded my before pictures later on I will also upload after pictures. I have had the same experience about the redness which took nearly 4 months. To be honest I as freaked out when I figured out I had no hair grow in the first 4 months. Just little info = I never used any antibiotics for my redness. After 6 months, I realized there was some hair grow slowly. When I reached one year post-op, I had very good results. I was very satisfied with my hairline and everything. I am 27 now. I am still taking the propecia and the minoxidil.

IMG_0723.jpg.c4a0d693f4c63cde8029f191c9e6f8d8.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg.9cfc0fa44f1ee14c6322db3e8d461dce.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg.46248094875bd4aaa0a8672c948d30e4.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg.d8c7a24876a73838f513705406fedfad.jpg

Thanks for sharing your story, but please allow me to be skeptical about your motives. You went through all the troubles to register, find my thread, read it through, find your pictures from 3 years ago upload them and share a story of how considerate, careful and conscious, Dr Doganay was with you.

Even if your story is completely true, and you have no affiliation with the clinic, Dr Doganay's behavior in 2012 can not be an excuse for his negligence in my case in 2015. Not to mention that your procedure was probably carried out entirely by him, not like mine which was done mostly by technicians.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up, I have very little growth, but however this whole thing turns out, I will document my case and my dispute with the clinic until 12 month.

Anyway, I am glad you had a good result and you are happy with it.

I have just registered on this forum in order to find out the new treatments about genetic hair loss. I saw your post and wanted to write something about my hair transplant performed by Hakan Doganay in 2012.

About me: I used to live in the states for about 8 years. I have been had the hair loss problem since I was 18. I’ve done lots of research about how to stop the hair loss especially my hair line started receding very fast. I found out that there was only 2 medical supplements approved by FDA. But I was never sure if I would use these medication because of the side effects. I decided to have hair transplant because that was the only way to feel better and younger. After long researches, I finally decided to have it by Hakan Doganay. Cause I have seen lots of outstanding results of him.

I was 24 when I graduated from the college and got back to Antalya for good. After a while I went to Dr. Hakan Doganay’s clinic for a consultation. I was very sure that He was going to accept me as his patient. I was shocked when he refused to perform a hair transplant. It was my only hope to have a hair transplant by him so that I could be happy again. He told me that It would not be a smart way to get a hair transplant at this age. But I was

so sick of being in depression. I told him that I take the responsibility. He was still not very eager to go ahead for the procedure. Then I told him that if you don’t accept me as your patient, I will go to another doctor and I will do it anyway. But I want him to be my doctor because of his great results. Finally he accepted only in one condition. And that was that I would never stop taking medical supplement support. Then we set the day for the transplantation.

In brief my personal advice for you is not to worry too much. It is too early to worry about it. I uploaded my before pictures later on I will also upload after pictures. I have had the same experience about the redness which took nearly 4 months. To be honest I as freaked out when I figured out I had no hair grow in the first 4 months. Just little info = I never used any antibiotics for my redness. After 6 months, I realized there was some hair grow slowly. When I reached one year post-op, I had very good results. I was very satisfied with my hairline and everything. I am 27 now. I am still taking the propecia and the minoxidil.

In light of what was just uncovered, your post is highly suspicious. It's actually unbelievable how sketchy this clinic really is. Why did it take you 3 years to post your pics? C'mon, we are not freakin stupid here - do you happen to also just live in the same house as the doctor or his reps?

• Administrators

The dude07 for someone who went to college in the U.S your writing in English is poor, "but I want him to be my doctor" if you're speaking past tense it should be *wanted, all in all this post smells like 3 day old fish left in the sun it continues to look worse for the clinic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

From what I've been reading it seems like Doganay's clinic has switched from a doctor-clinic to a technician-clinic. In doctor-clinics, techs are allowed to perform stuff like graft-separation once they have been extracted by the "doctor." The can also arrange the grafts in separate petri dishes based on hair counts. The closest a technician in a doctor-clinic can come to performing hair restoration surgery is by placing the grafts into incisions made "exclusively" by the doctor.

To all the HT newbies out there, if you are considering HT, as I currently am, stay away from these type of clinics.

Edited by laughnlearn

Guys relax! I just wanted to share my story with Dr. Doganay. As u all know having a hair transplant will not help you keep your hair healthy all your life. So I am researching for the new treatments coming out lately! This is not the only website I am registered with. As I mentioned in my previous post, I did not create my account here to reply your post.

Anyways It is totally up to you if you believe or not. To be honest I am not willing to discuss with all of you. I do not have time for it :) I just wanted to cheer you up because I really think that it is too early to be dissapointed. I hope everything will be good for you!

I uploaded one of my current photos for you. I hope you will be happy with your results soon.

Htsoon: Thank you for reminding me that was past tense and I should have written ' I wanted him to be my doctor'. :)) I am not gonna try to make you believe me bro :) You already dont just because I did not notice a little grammer mistake in my previous post :)

Kind Regards

11921618_10100436927447525_5820320240648052439_n.jpg.f25126eda30f0d87883af49fa846852c.jpg

12208835_10100436927412595_4342588927914613856_n.jpg.ceef33b232e4dd051a3bc34d90f818cb.jpg

12193364_10100436927467485_1148160280474925728_n.jpg.c8bcdbf9050ae592c68589f0eee3d5ee.jpg

12074876_10100436927457505_3281461856982716765_n.jpg.d3191d90241ca0ddf7925ab16b0ab842.jpg

Would have made more sense to post your own thread about your results if you didn't create your account here just to reply to this specific thread.

It seems Dr Doganay has really taken his foot off the peddle since your HT, but hey, you're ok bro, what about Paleo's experience and the poor results that have been surfacing since?

If the Dr is barely present for any of the HT and doesn't even do the implanting then what are the patients actually paying for? Might as well go to Bosley or some Harley Street HT mill, at least they have a doctor carrying out the procedure.

The only way the clinic can recover from this is changing back to the way it was with the doctor playing an active role in the procedure, as patients have been led to believe happens, and even then you now have this black mark next to your name since standards have fallen.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

My god!

Its getting worse and worse.

I cant believe how stupid people are. Creatine a new profile and the first thing to do is praising the clinic !

Its getting so bad!

How come we didnt hear anything about what the clinic has to say about all This?

Guys relax! I just wanted to share my story with Dr. Doganay. As u all know having a hair transplant will not help you keep your hair healthy all your life. So I am researching for the new treatments coming out lately! This is not the only website I am registered with. As I mentioned in my previous post, I did not create my account here to reply your post.

Anyways It is totally up to you if you believe or not. To be honest I am not willing to discuss with all of you. I do not have time for it :) I just wanted to cheer you up because I really think that it is too early to be dissapointed. I hope everything will be good for you!

I uploaded one of my current photos for you. I hope you will be happy with your results soon.

Htsoon: Thank you for reminding me that was past tense and I should have written ' I wanted him to be my doctor'. :)) I am not gonna try to make you believe me bro :) You already dont just because I did not notice a little grammer mistake in my previous post :)

Kind Regards

Those pictures are, well, remarkable.

Johnny,

I believe I posted this on Paleos other thread, but I did speak with the clinic a couple days ago and they told me that they were still preparing a response. I just wrote them today encouraging them to expedite things because I know what community wants to hear what they have to say.

Let's give them a chance to respond, which hopefully soon.

Bill