WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

Just adding a new case of Dr Hakan Doganay from an italian forum:

http://bellicapelli.forumfree.it/?t=69018345

In case the link gets removed, it is patient mezzalu79 from the bellicapelli italian forum.

Although I do not speak italian, with the help of google translate I found disturbing similarities to HTN expatients:

- techs doing the extraction although the patient specifically asked for the doctor to do it

- overharvesting the donor area

- minimal growth after 12 months

the patient chose not to go back for a free surgery and ultimately got a refund. Maybe someone who speaks italian could translate the case better.

Updating my case as well: approaching to 5th month and experiencing very minimal regrowth.

This is disturbing. Even with a magnitude of evidence, such docs are promoted and marketed. Patient and consumer safety should be the priority of any business. According to folks I have spoken to, No disclaimer can protect anyone from federal laws enacted under the FTC, FDA etc, nor any fines that may come as a result, especially since federal laws supercede and are enacted to prevent private or public business to commit fraud, deception, etc. We are just patients and consumers that do not have monetary incentives or reasons to recommend or promote doctors. We can only offer opinions but at the end of the day it is the doctor and entity that designates the recommendation that is hosted across multiple platforms. Business entities need to be transparent and more open across various online forum marketing platforms. Professional recommendatios are given by various online forum business entities and it is the consumer / patient that may end up paying by being swayed by such recommended docs.

Also, wondering if consumers and patients should start gathering evidence of other docs that also have techs doing extractions,minimal recipient growth, and overharvesting of donor areas for FUE across forums and start creating lists of evidence. If a doctor has a couple cases of concern, they should be flagged to be taken down from recommended lists across various forums. This should be true even if a doctor has hailed great results in the past. Once a doctors protocol changes they should be flagged as that protocol can harm the patient. Here is a clear cut case of the damage that can occur. Consumers should report doctors and their brochures and recommendations to the FTC. Actually, you can send the submitted documents, screenshots, statements and concerns to the FTC by labeling the packet 'Online Business Marketing F r a u d/Deception', and then sending the concerns to:

Bureau of Consumer Protection

Federal Trade Commission

600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW

Washington, DC 20580

Ensure you provide screenshots of forum threads and communictions. Also, make sure you take screenshots to ensure they can review edited threads and posts. Doctors explanations should also be sent. Remember screenshots if conversations and all posts regarding the doctors in question are 'very' important.

Good luck to the patients that need repairs now...

• Like 1

Paleo,

I understand where you coming from and I am sure that majority of us on this forum have been to where you are now, at some point in their journey. I am also a patient of Dr Doganay and personally have nothing but great things to say about him. Even though it's only been exactly 6 months from my surgery ( April 30th ) and can not really comment on the results yet, I do believe that he deserves a second chance. We only hear of those 15 - 20 bad experiences but let's not forget the other thousands of good ones. At the end of the day there is no guarantees on any HT's and we all know that but what really counts is that this doctor has offered to make good on every single complaint and to me that speaks volume care after the fact service. If I was you, I would just try to keep busy meantime and wait it out since it is still early. Once the year mark comes then you reevaluate your results and take it from there. I would also recommend you jump on some Finasteride just like everyone here says. It will help with what you have. Of course this is only my opinion and believe me I do not work for the doctor :)

Hey Turner,

how is your growth coming in? could you share some recent pictures on your own thread? Or you can emai me as welI. I am very concerned because I am approaching 5 month and I have barely any regrowth.

I am glad if you are happy with your results, but I am yet to see the "thousands of satisfied expatients" of Dr Hakan Doganay. Do you know them, or why are you reason with them so liberally? Their results seem more like a hit or miss to me. In fact to me it seems all the great results are coming from the clinic itself not from the actual patients.

"At the end of the day there is no guarantees on any HT's" - this is a very disturbing statement coming from an expatient. Would you state the same if you got a very bad result? It is more like a statement used by reps to downplay the doctors' responsibility after the operation.

In terms of second chances I have to disagree with you. If the provided evidence shows unethical and unprofessional behavior, I do not think a second chance should be given, it would not be fair towards the botched expatients or the other doctors in this site who are continuously prove their professionalism and high standards of ethics.

Edited by paleocapa89

Hey Turner,

how is your growth coming in? could you share some recent pictures on your own thread? Or you can emai me as welI. I am very concerned because I am approaching 5 month and I have barely any regrowth.

I am glad if you are happy with your results, but I am yet to see the "thousands of satisfied expatients" of Dr Hakan Doganay. Do you know them, or why are you reason with them so liberally? Their results seem more like a hit or miss to me. In fact to me it seems all the great results are coming from the clinic itself not from the actual patients.

"At the end of the day there is no guarantees on any HT's" - this is a very disturbing statement coming from an expatient. Would you state the same if you got a very bad result? It is more like a statement used by reps to downplay the doctors' responsibility after the operation.

In terms of second chances I have to disagree with you. If the provided evidence shows unethical and unprofessional behavior, I do not think a second chance should be given, it would not be fair towards the botched expatients or the other doctors in this site who are continuously prove their professionalism and high standards of ethics.

Here is few pics I just took for you....I just turned 6 months yesterday so I am not expecting full growth yet. I am being patient and waiting for the 12 month mark. I was told by doc Doganay to jump on the propecia/finasteride right after the surgery and was actually provided with some at the hospital. I have also been doing minoxidil once a day. Right before I go to sleep at night time.

As far as thousands patients, trust me, there are. He does two people a day and for as long as he's been doing it, you do the math :)

I stand by my statement as there is no guarantees on any HT. Everyone here will tell you that. There is so many factors that are involved. One of the most important factors is the individual itself. There is not two people that are the same as far as hair, skin type goes and etc...If you do a search I am sure there will be plenty of info on the all different factors that are involved.

As far as the second chance goes, I do agree with you but I also know that there is plenty of clinics out there that will not give you the time of the day once you have completed the surgery. From what I read, the doctor above will perform the surgery again and it's been times where a full refund has been given. In my book that is excellent customer service.

IMG_20151031_152355_edit_zps8rstgyvf.jpg

IMG_20151031_152355_edit_zps8rstgyvf.jpg

IMG_20151031_170115_zpsjqxnfifa.jpg

Did you just took these photos for me? Thanks! Could you take one with exposed hairline as well please? What type of camera are you using? The front picture seems really blurry to me. I haven't seen this kind of blurriness since the old iPhones.

Edited by paleocapa89

Man I escaped a bullet with Dr Doganay. I was booked in to see him June 2014 and it was in early 2014 that I started to read a lot of concerning things about his practices, such as knocking patients out who would wake up and Doganay had vanished and technicians were operating on the patient instead (back then he was supposed to be doing all the work). And then I began to read more and more negative reports of rush jobs and rubbish growth. To be frank, there has not been another doctor on HRN who has received as much negative feedback in the past two years as Dr Doganay. It's a real shame for him because back in 2013 he was regarded by this forum as one of the best FUE docs around.

Paleo

I have a question for you I am on 3 month post-op we are very early stage my question is What if you have good result and what will you feel about Doctor DOGANAY.

Note: I am very shocked that Doctor didn't mention about your future hair loss. There is suspicion you might lie to all...

Here comes the newly registered Doganay patients. All with similar stories, writing style and English skills. I asked the previous one whether he really took those photos on his iPhone just for me, as he stated, because the file names clearly show that those photos were taken earlier. Now another Doganay patient shows up to defend the clinic.

ykiska, if you are indeed an expatient I wish you a good result. If you have any questions please read this thread you will find all the answers you are looking for.

Dear FUE 2014

I am starting to wonder: If Dr Doganay indeed did all the extraction and implantation 1-2 years ago as he stated, that would mean the techs have a maximum of 1-2 years experience in the field of extraction and implantation... Very disturbing.

Edited by paleocapa89

Paleo

I have a question for you I am on 3 month post-op we are very early stage my question is What if you have good result and what will you feel about Doctor DOGANAY.

Note: I am very shocked that Doctor didn't mention about your future hair loss. There is suspicion you might lie to all...

If you had read paleo?s thread, you would know that paleo is not complaining about his result, because he has none at this stage.

He is complaining about the fact that Dr. Doganay did not do his job and evaluate Paleo?s hair status before the HT. If Dr. Doganay actually had done his job and evaltuated Paleo?s hair status, he would have recognized, that Paleo is thinning fast and has miniaturization all over his head. And because Paleo can?t take medication he is not a candidate for a HT or atleast not a candidate for a low hairline with 2500 grafts in it. That is one of many things Paleo is complaining about and it has nothing to do with a good or bad result. And that is what Dr.Doganay or his "crew of former patient aka representatives" should have told you beforehand, so that you dont waste your time by coming forward in this thread the way you did with the nonesense you brought with you.

Nevertheless I saw your other thread and if you are really a patient of Dr.Doganay I hope and wish you a fast recovery and a great result. Best of Luck!

Bart83

Thanks for summery about paleo's thread I wish you would been understand my question as well anyway What I understood paleo won't be satisfy at all. I believe his main goal is to give damage Doctor's reputation. How I know he brought all former patient's thread who has poor result on his post. Who can believe that he wasn't research and didn't know about his future hair loss and blaming that doctor didn't miniaturization all over his head you mean If doctor would have been checked all over his head paleo wouldn't have been go ahead for procedures? So I am luck then I was told that I could loss my native hair in future due to genetic hair loss coming from my family and I didn't lower my hair that recommended by the doctor.

I don't really want to attend this thread but If you really want to know am I real patient of Dr. Hakan please wait and see my monthly updated.

If you had read paleo?s thread, you would know that paleo is not complaining about his result, because he has none at this stage.

He is complaining about the fact that Dr. Doganay did not do his job and evaluate Paleo?s hair status before the HT. If Dr. Doganay actually had done his job and evaltuated Paleo?s hair status, he would have recognized, that Paleo is thinning fast and has miniaturization all over his head. And because Paleo can?t take medication he is not a candidate for a HT or atleast not a candidate for a low hairline with 2500 grafts in it. That is one of many things Paleo is complaining about and it has nothing to do with a good or bad result. And that is what Dr.Doganay or his "crew of former patient aka representatives" should have told you beforehand, so that you dont waste your time by coming forward in this thread the way you did with the nonesense you brought with you.

Nevertheless I saw your other thread and if you are really a patient of Dr.Doganay I hope and wish you a fast recovery and a great result. Best of Luck!

Here comes the newly registered Doganay patients. All with similar stories, writing style and English skills. I asked the previous one whether he really took those photos on his iPhone just for me, as he stated, because the file names clearly show that those photos were taken earlier. Now another Doganay patient shows up to defend the clinic. .

Paleo,

You are not thinking clearly my friend. Now you are accusing me for putting pictures up from a different date and being paid by the clinic to post here. That's not cool. Yes I took those pics yesterday for you so you did not think it was suspicious. I am sorry that my photography skills are not that great but they are taken with a Blackberry Z10 and not a professional camera. The first 2 pictures show clearly that the pics I took yesterday were in fact taken yesterday but to please you even more, I took two more pics today with a note to prove that they were taken today. Hope that pleases your doubting personality. As far as my My " English" writing skills go, they are just that, since I live in US and can't be any other way. By the way check this post out. It's my HT experience at the time that was done. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179507-dr-hakan-doganay-fue-2230-grafts.html Is that fake as well ??? I am sorry for not having more posts but after all, I do have a life and do not sit home all day in front of the computer. I do expect an apology from you for calling me a liar.

IMG_20151101_105326_zpsvauqay8h.png

IMG_20151101_105844_zpsnpbgdtcy.jpg

IMG_20151101_105639_zpsyjkuh6cv.jpg

IMG_20151101_105615_zpsr4moflbd.jpg

Edited by Turner

Paleo

I've checked your thread but first of all I felt that I need your permit to defend the clinic.My friend seems like you heavy charges to clinic with your case I also read there are 50 percent of users said the same thing that you should need psycho therapy to connect to life again. What if you go to court or What if clinic might go to court I am really wondering who is lying. From my side I shared what I had from the clinic I am happy and I hope it will turned out with good result. sorry I can't spent all my time on the internet but I can mange to updated my monthly pictures.

Here comes the newly registered Doganay patients. All with similar stories, writing style and English skills. I asked the previous one whether he really took those photos on his iPhone just for me, as he stated, because the file names clearly show that those photos were taken earlier. Now another Doganay patient shows up to defend the clinic.

ykiska, if you are indeed an expatient I wish you a good result. If you have any questions please read this thread you will find all the answers you are looking for.

Dear FUE 2014

I am starting to wonder: If Dr Doganay indeed did all the extraction and implantation 1-2 years ago as he stated, that would mean the techs have a maximum of 1-2 years experience in the field of extraction and implantation... Very disturbing.

Turner

Please don't give him positive or don't defend clinic because he needs someone to blame the clinic he needs someone to give him applause what he did here.

I am being paid by the clinic as well to post here but seems like we should get permit or we have to prove that we are real patient of Dr. DOGANAY

Yes I took those pics right there and then for you so you did not think it was suspicious :) I am sorry that my photography skills are not that great but they are taken with a Blackberry Z10 and not a professional camera. I will take some more of the front hairline as soon as I get a chance. By the way, I do know that I have a low post count but if you do a search under my name you will find a thread about my HT about 6 months ago so that way you do not think I am being paid by the clinic to post here.

Turner,

Yes I took those pics right there and then for you so you did not think it was suspicious

your story does not mach with the facts that those photos have different time tags in their exif information. You clearly didn't take those photos just for me.

ykiska

I am being paid by the clinic as well to post here

did you just have a Freudian slip?

I am not here to debate with you, I am here to share my story and warn unassuming patients. On the other hand I have no idea what is your purpose being here on this thread. You had a procedure with Dr Doganay, ok, we get that, create your own thread share your story if you want, but why do you feel the need to attack me and call me a liar? Will that give you better growth after your procedure?

Do you know what I think? I think you are either real expatients who are affiliated with the clinic in some way (maybe friends), or the clinic itself now uses expatients photos to create fake accounts. This is just a hunch, but I am yet to see a person who is not turkish, speaks and writes perfect english and willing to come forward and prove that he is not affiliated with the clinic in any way and voluntarily defend the clinic.

I am a real expatient and I am willing to prove it anytime. If someone wants to speak to me over the phone, I am fine with that, drop me a message with your number and we can talk. If someone asks me to upload a picture to my thread with today's newspaper in my hand, I can do that in 5 minutes no problem.

Turner,

your story does not mach with the facts that those photos have different time tags in their exif information. You clearly didn't take those photos just for me.

Yes moron is the time change we had last night in US. How about the other pics I took for you with a note stating the date and the forum name ?? With the same shirt as yesterday ?? You clearly have mental issues my friend. You do not need HT you need a Psychologist. I do blame the doctor for doing the surgery on someone not stable as yourself. Feel free to challenge me if you want on my lying.

There's no need to call names. I did not call you a liar, I simply stated that the two photos had different time tags so you probably didn't took them just for me. One was taken at 15.23 your time and the other one was taken at 17.01 your time.

Anyway, at least you are not living in Turkey and you clearly manage your own account. I am glad that you are happy with your results, but why are you still here attacking me? I am sorry if I offended you but you have to understand that after all the things that came up about the clinic I am more suspicious and harder to trust anyone.

There's no need to call names. I did not call you a liar, I simply stated that the two photos had different time tags so you probably didn't took them just for me. One was taken at 15.23 your time and the other one was taken at 17.01 your time.

Anyway, at least you are not living in Turkey and you clearly manage your own account. I am glad that you are happy with your results, but why are you still here attacking me? I am sorry if I offended you but you have to understand that after all the things that came up about the clinic I am more suspicious and harder to trust anyone.

Yes you did call me a liar and a fake. I came in here after reading about your experience and tried to help you as much as I could since I have been through it and know how it feels. But you are out for revenge and not thinking straight. Not everyone is your enemy. Like I told you on my first post, take a break and clear your head. You need it. Take a hobby and keep busy till at least 8-9 months have gone by and then you come back and state your case since clearly right now your credibility is being questioned. By sitting at the computer and analyzing every thread, you will loose your mind worse than you already have. I personally never said that I was happy or unhappy with the results. But I know better than to come here after 6 months of surgery and bash a doctor.

I call the moderators to not let this go any further and reopen it at the year mark since the OP is very disturbed at the moment and it's not fair to continue bashing the doctor till the end results are achieved. Any questions, you are more than welcome to pm me.

Paleo,

While I do appreciate and share some of your concerns, your assessment that just because Dr. Doganay stopped extracting follicular units himself 1 to 2 years ago that all of his technicians must only have 1 to 2 years experience is incorrect. Technicians often work for other clinics for many years and or have years of experience before working with a physician. While I'm not saying that some newer technicians could be working with him, your general statement is incorrect.

It seems like many clinics use technicians to extract follicular units during FUE nowadays. Whether or not you like this practice, it is becoming more standard and yet many of these clinics are still producing excellent results. I personally rather undergo surgery with a Doctor Who extracts the follicular units himself, but this is personal preference. I have seen exceptional results come from clinics where doctors play more of a supervisory role although, I still do expect the surgeon to be involved in the procedure somewhat. Physicians to sit at their desk the entire procedure and barely if at all checking on the patient would not be approved for recommendation by this community. We do expect some hands-on involvement, even if it means staying in the room and watching the technicians and evaluating the follicular units after extraction, assisting with recipient placement, etc.

Also, while I appreciate your concerns, it is not your role or duty to play detective and determine whether or not each member posting on this forum is a legitimate patient of this doctor or not. While I like members to clue the moderators in of any obvious fake postings, just because somebody disagrees with you and have a positive experience, doesn't mean that they are fake. I know for a fact that Dr. Doganay has had a number of very happy patients as well. Why do you think we initially approved him for a recommendation?

Once again, while I do not want anybody minimizing your experience, please do not minimize others experience.

At the end of the day, we will use all the facts to determine whether or not we will continue with his recommendation.

Best,

Bill

Turner,

Thank you for sharing your own unique experience, which nobody should discount. Just as physicians may have patients who experienced problems, we know that Dr. Doganay has an exceptional number of satisfied patients as well. That's why he has been approved for recommendation back in the day.

That said, just as nobody should minimize your experience, we can't minimize paleo's experience nor the experience of about a dozen others who expressed concerns. Moreover, there is the issue of the potential fake accounts and the reality that this clinic has been suspended from another discussion forum for such practices. These are the issues I have asked the clinic to clarify and explain before making a decision on whether to discontinue his recommendation or not. Frankly, there are enough concerns that we need to take this very seriously and not just blow it off as the occasional poor growth case that all doctors see. If that was the case, we would not be in this position. However, initially when we approved the doctor for recommendation we were told that he was very hands-on and extracted the follicular units himself. Later on, we were told that technicians now do it, and then all of a sudden there are over a dozen cases of poor growth and dissatisfied patients.

Thus, I am concerned about a potential quality control issue that may need to be remedied. If the clinic admits that there is a quality control issue that needs to be remedied, if they begin taking steps to correct it, we can him as a community determine whether or not to give him that chance to correct things and continue with his recommendation. Alternatively, if he provides an exceptional explanation as to what happened in each case and provides detail clarification about creating fake accounts and/or stops all activity that demonstrates does, we can also evaluate this and determine this.

Ultimately, this is a community ran four and by patients and at the end of the day, patients determine who is recommended here. Thus, once the clinic responds, we will strongly consider all input provided by community members on what to do here. This of course, includes your and Paleo's opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Bill,

I agree with you, that shifting from purely doctor based extraction and implantation to using techs does not necessarily mean that those techs have no previous experience in those fields. It was just a general wondering since somebody stated (maybe the clinic itself) that Dr Doganay have been using the same techs for years now. If that is true, at some point they had to start performing the extraction.

As you wrote, the clinic got its recommendation based on Dr Doganay's personal involvement in the procedure. Then they changed their description to state that the head nurse does the extraction, than they changed it again and now it says the techs are doing the extractions. The same thing happened with the implantation. And it seems the changes in the the technique preceded the change in the description. When Xkos48 had his procedure the description still said that Dr. Doganay did all the procedure but in reality the techs did most of the work.

In general, I think much more transparency, strict quality control and real time information is needed in terms of the techniques, processes and the staff as well. It should be mandatory to do all the necessary measurements in terms of donor capacity, donor density, hair diameter, miniaturization pattern etc. It should be also mandatory to share exactly who's gonna work on your head and what experience he/she has with CV etc. And clininc's sould signal immediately when something changes. I think it is not okay to pay the price of a doctor's brand and then have the procedure carried out by unknown technicians almost entirely.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Edited by paleocapa89

Turner,

This is just a hunch, but I am yet to see a person who is not turkish, speaks and writes perfect english and willing to come forward and prove that he is not affiliated with the clinic in any way and voluntarily defend the clinic.

This respond will be the last one for you... Do you know the population of turkey ? how do you expect that this forum was established without Turkish community If you point that you are doing racism this is unacceptable. I agree my English is not as perfect as yours I can see that. I am patient of Dr. Hakan DOGANAY my next step will post and update my monthly pictures that's it.

Question for you why do you always interested in to bring up Thread which is related Doganay's work. ( especially Thread hadn't been updated ) If you are really victim or If you are really want to point doctor's unprofessional work keep going and updated your thread don't play around seems like your are not innocent.

There are also good reviews and result from his work you can also try to bring up their thread

Good luck but Keep in your mind Turkish people are always behind and stand who is right I am saying again your Thread has too much suspicion you might lie.

Turner,

This is just a hunch, but I am yet to see a person who is not turkish, speaks and writes perfect english and willing to come forward and prove that he is not affiliated with the clinic in any way and voluntarily defend the clinic.

This respond will be the last one for you... Do you know the population of turkey ? how do you expect that this forum was established without Turkish community If you point that you are doing racism this is unacceptable. I agree my English is not as perfect as yours I can see that. I am patient of Dr. Hakan DOGANAY my next step will post and update my monthly pictures that's it.

Question for you why do you always interested in to bring up Thread which is related Doganay's work. ( especially Thread hadn't been updated ) If you are really victim or If you are really want to point doctor's unprofessional work keep going and updated your thread don't play around seems like your are not innocent.

There are also good reviews and result from his work you can also try to bring up their thread

Good luck but Keep in your mind Turkish people are always behind and stand who is right I am saying again your Thread has too much suspicion you might lie.

Ok ykiska, this is also my last replay to you just because I dont think you are intellectually able to understand what Paleo or others are saying.

If you are accusing Paleo for having an agenda you should maybe check your own agenda!! You are coming out of nowhere and defending Dr. Doganay like it is something in it for you. So what is your agenda besides coming across like a total id..?

Playing the racist card is plain stupid. My parents are from that region and I do not feel offended by anything paleo has to say. But I feel offended by a Dr. and his crew that try to fool people into surgery with them. Into a surgery with a doc that probably was good in the past (I cant judge that) but who has made crucial changes to his protocoll and is now not performing HT on a acceptable level. At least the 15 examples in this thread say so.

And you are right, there are good results from Dr.Doganay on this forum, but most if not all of them were posted by the doc or his representatives. Almost every independent poster on this forum either got a bad result or vanished and it is NOTHING wrong with bringing that up!

One last thing: I am sure that paleo is driven by his anger towards Dr.Doganay and has somewhat an agenda. But you know what? I absolutely dont care because what he is doing is good! He is shedding light into the docs shady behaviour and this maybe saves other hairloss suferrers from doing the same mistake.

So just keep your word and stick to posting your own updates instead of making a fool out of yourself by trying to attack Paleo. AND PLEASE spare us the generall BS about turkish people... friends of mine could get offended by your BS;)

approaching 5 months I have barely any growth, just a bunch of double and multi grafts growing on my hairline and curling in every direction. I have sent the pictures to Dr Doganay as well, with a bunch of questions attached.

2015-11-02%25252013.53.40.jpg

2015-11-02%25252013.53.35.jpg

At least you are repairable. I would not blame Doganay for your hairline placement, it is ultimately the responsibility of the patient on the hairline design. If you both decided on the placement and it is where you had both pre-determined it should be, that decision ultimately is yours, and if unhappy, you are to blame, not Doganay. To say after the fact that you have miniaturization and can't take meds is something, in my opinion, you are responsible for.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm simply an unbiased observer. I think your only complaint is that Doganay was not present enough (a common theme amongst most Turkish clinics) and poor growth. And perhaps your growth will take off, only time will tell.

• Haha 1