WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

OK well there seems to be some confusion about the date of surgery. Perhaps the clinic got it wrong or typed it incorrectly.. That said, I've already stated in my last couple of posts, that I do not believe things look overly unusual for only four months after surgery.

I also think that Dave did a good job responding to each of your concerns after my initial reply on this topic.

I also don't understand that if you did not feel that you were given enough information why you proceeded with surgery in the first place. I'm not trying to point the finger at or blame you as I do believe it is a physician's job to help educate the patient prior to surgery. However, each patient does need to take responsibility for his work her own decisions which means educating themselves prior to undergoing a surgical procedure.

At what point did you learn that you were a Norwood 5A or 6 pattern and that you would require a great number of grafts moving forward? It seems like you have those concerns now after surgery and if you knew this prior to surgery, you may not have made this decision? But why did you do the research to obtain this information after you've already had hair transplant surgery and not before?

I guess at this point, I'm not sure what you want this community to do for you. We have provided a venue for you to vent your concerns and share your experience. We have also heard the clinic's side of the story and many valuable contributions were made by members of this community as well.

So other than waiting it out to see how your donor and recipient areas will heal and for your hair to grow, what is it you are hoping to accomplish at this point?

In my opinion, the best thing you can do it this point is wait things out and see how you heal and grow over the next 8 to 12 months. Then you can determine what to do next if anything. You may also want to consider nonsurgical treatments to help prevent further hair loss behind the transplant an area.

Best,

Bill

It's sad to see, that when I state that my operation was 4 months ago then you jump to the conclusion immediately that I am "totally incorrect", but when it turns out I am stating the truth then "Perhaps the clinic got it wrong or typed it incorrectly."

I also admitted that I was uneducated and emotionally influenced by my hair loss. I have visited Dr Hakan Doganay to have my hairloss evaluated and to check my eligibility for a hair transplant. I have arrived to the clinic with medium long hair and what I thought was a receding hairline, and he took a quick look at my head and quoted me 2500 grafts to the front. Basically reinforcing me in my belief. I clearly stated that I am not on propecia due to sides.

No, there was no proper evaluation, he didn't check for ongoing miniaturization, he didn't check for donor capacity, donor density or donor diameter either. He just confirmed that I can have a hair transplant and drew a new hairline on my head. How can you inform an uneducated patient adequately without the proper evaluation? How can you come up with a game plan with out this information? You simply can't.

I repeat, I was uneducated. I was conditioned (as most of the western people are) to trust doctors and believe in everything they say blindly. At that point I didn't assume that anything was wrong with the way he assessed me.

I have learned my true state of hairloss after the procedure when my hair started to grow back on my shaven head. At that point I started to panic and research rigorously about hair transplants to get information about what options do I have now. That's when I learned that one should not have a procedure unless his on propecia and/or the final balding patter can be seen, and how important it is to plan from backwards, check for donor capacity, check for the miniaturization pattern and come up with a game plan for the long term planning from backwards. Yes, I agree, I should have done the research before the procedure.

I wanted to share my story so other unassuming people could learn from my experience. I assume this should be the main purpose of this website. I also wanted to let people know that in my opinion having a recommendation from this site, or as a matter of fact any other membership or recommendation means no assurance at all. The recommendation, the IAHRS membership and the good results posted by the clinic let me believe I will receive top quality care and I can trust this doctor.

The bottom line is there is no assurance and people should always triple check the doctor they are considering,

I've seen a few threads of this ilk recently looking back through the archives. To be so wound up so early on in the game does nobody any good whatsoever especially not new guys like myself who are having a HT in the near future.

I was reading another thread about a poster who said a HT was the biggest regret of his life...3 MONTHS post HT! Now I know it must be daunting and I will be having the same thoughts going through my mind about failure but to make a thread on it so early on is just really daft in my opinion.

These guys should get assessed for paranoid schizophrenia.

So this is how things work around here? I state my claims, I reason, I back up everything the best way I can, then the doctors rep and the moderators hand-in-hand come in and refuse everything I claim without real evidence or reason. My statement that the procedure was 4 month ago is not totally incorrect, it only shows how you would question everything I write and believe everything the clinic writes. My operation was not in JULY but in JUNE. If you'd like I can send you photos with date tags, email conversations, airplane ticket, anything. Is this picture convincing enough?

Screenshot%2525202015-10-20%25252012.09.16.png

I urge everybody to read those forums and decide themselves. And I will invite those members here as well.

I also state that it is based on the grafts that I found laying on top of my head, the unprofessional atmosphere of the procedure and the fact that my donor looks overharvested

I don't think you need to be a linguist to be able to recognize the sound of equipment being dropped and the cursing that follows, even if it is in turkish.

I agree, that is why I will keep documenting everything, however the many ex.patients that suffered donor scarring from Dr Doganay does not give me much hope. I also state that the middle of the back of my head looks the exact same from post op day 1. I believe shock loss occurs later.

At least we agree on this one. I think is unacceptable to advertise FUE only to say later, "sorry yes, we do FUE but without the benefits of FUE" .

Again, it's been more than 4 month

Again, you believe everything that the clinic states. When I asked about donor density (knowing that they have no idea because they have never measured it) this is the answer I received:

"Donor Density: Average, which is 45-50/per cm2

Use tools: Micro motor with 0.7 mm punch attached

Implanter pen needle size: 0,6 mm for single graft 0.8 mm for double grafts 1 mm for triple grafts

Minumum 4 years experience assistance extracting performed by Fatma Can Implantation performed by Dr. Hakan His assistance name Şerife Kapson

Density of grafts put in the recipient.. 50 grafts implanted in per cm2

They have clearly differentiated their two answers regarding the donor density and the recipient density. Only after I told them that the average donor density is 65-85 cm2 they changed their answer.

Yes it is easy to deny it afterwards. Do you really believe it they have written recipient density two times in one answer? Once stating it is average 45-50 and later stating that it is 50cm2? Very unlikely. In my opinion simply the rep answered who had no knowledge of what real donor density is, and since they had no information about my donor density having never measure it, he simply tried to bluff something.

Again, it's been more than 4 month

Again, you are simply protecting the clinic. I have sent them hundreds of HD pictures, I have asked them many times about folliculitis only to be turned down every time. Yes, at one point they advised me antibiotics which did not do much, but they told me everything was fine. I even flew back to them to a personal check up, and still they did not do anything to properly diagnose me.

Do you think this is normal for a recipient?

11%252520weeks%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

Given that I have now found out that I am going to bald in a norwood 5-6 pattern pretty soon, and don't have nearly enough donor to compensate for it and now I also have a low hairline (compared to the future pattern of hairloss and a proper game plan) yes, I think shaving my head is the only way out. Do you have a better idea?

Again, more than 4

the design was uneven due to negligence not to mimic nature, that is why after the procedure when I pointed it out the tech started to panic and pull out grafts.

here is a photographic evidence of the back of my head with reasonably long hair

2015-10-11%25252011.18.33.jpg

To mee, it seems I am the only one providing hard evidence and trying my best to back up everything.

where to start...

1)your operation does look sloppy,it wasn't very refined.

2)i do think it's still early for a final verdict,i'm 2yrs out from the first,and 1 yr out from the second,and i'm still seeing improvement from the second.the first one at aspendos was done very sloppy and almost entirely by techs,the 2nd was done mostly by dr.hakan with manual extractions and that's where i see the best results.in the first it was done sloppy and out of 3916 grafts only 1500 took,that was hakans estimate.

3)i also think people should lower expectations,and not think that alot of false advertising done by the clinics themselves,is the norm.

I've seen a few threads of this ilk recently looking back through the archives. To be so wound up so early on in the game does nobody any good whatsoever especially not new guys like myself who are having a HT in the near future.

I was reading another thread about a poster who said a HT was the biggest regret of his life...3 MONTHS post HT! Now I know it must be daunting and I will be having the same thoughts going through my mind about failure but to make a thread on it so early on is just really daft in my opinion.

These guys should get assessed for paranoid schizophrenia.

I did suffer from post transplant depression, and I am still suffering from it on and off. And I do think a botched or a poorly planned transplant is worse than being bald. I think for a lot of people (including me) losing hair causes insecurities, and make them feel like an outsider while all their peers are enjoying their hair. Imagine how you'd feel if you end up with a bad result...

But even if you end up with a very good result I think it is still possible to feel insecure about yourself, wondering every time if anyone can see your transplant, and worrying that you are still losing hair.

I can only advise you to think it through rigorously, do extensive research on transplants in general and the doctors you are considering.

Once read that a person should only do a hair transplant if he can conduct Q&A sessions about it, and retrospectively I think that is best advice anyone could give.

I'm the same age as you, close to a norwood 5 (in keeping with males on my dads side) with good donor hair.

I wanted to get a HT when I was 21 but after a bit of research I decided to wait and see how my hairloss would progress, and progress it did. I've now lost most of the hair that I am going to lose (according to a uk consultant) so I have done my research.

I wish you the best for the future but I think it's still too early to have made up your mind about the situation.

Again, if you take the time to review the many listed complaints. Many just don't hold water at this point in time.

Sir, I'm sorry to tell you, but you cannot just brush aside patients' testimonies.

I received a personal message from paleocapa89 asking me to "state myself in this thread whether my dissatisfaction was legitimate or not".

Well I won't do that. I'm stating it is. And I consider this is enough. I won't undergo the "justifying myself process".

-Upon questioning they told me that they implanted 50 grafts/cm2 (check the pictures to see if that is true) and that they have harvested 2500 grafts (check the pictures if that is true)

Yes, same for me. At the very moment before the surgery 10 minutes before I decided to take the plunge and undergo the transplantation process, Doganay's team told me they were going to implant "40 grafts per cm2".

After the operation, I was doubtfull of the result and asked again how many were implanted, and this time they told me "30 to 40 grafts/cm2".

In the end the result was nothing close to any of those statement.

They also told me that the successfull growing rate was 99%, then later they gave me a lesser percentage... They are careless with numbers.

-They may have wasted a number of my grafts and to compensate either harvested more and/or implanted less grafts. I admit, this one claim I cannot prove.

Same thing here about wasted grafts.

In the end the result was not only dissatisfactory, but bad,

• Sad 1

to Xkos48

where to start...

1)your operation does look sloppy,it wasn't very refined.

2)i do think it's still early for a final verdict,i'm 2yrs out from the first,and 1 yr out from the second,and i'm still seeing improvement from the second.the first one at aspendos was done very sloppy and almost entirely by techs,the 2nd was done mostly by dr.hakan with manual extractions and that's where i see the best results.in the first it was done sloppy and out of 3916 grafts only 1500 took,that was hakans estimate.

3)i also think people should lower expectations,and not think that alot of false advertising done by the clinics themselves,is the norm.

That is very unsettling, as I also had the procedure in aspendos and also the techs did most of the work..

Xkos48 you had your first procedure in 2013 September correct? And it was still carried out by techs? In that case I think you have been a victim of fraud since at that time the physician page of hairrestorationnetwork of Hakan Doganay's clearly stated that Dr Hakan Doganay extracts and implants the grafts himself. Check it out:

Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey it is from 2013.09.26

"... Dr. Doganay is very hands on and personally extracts and places all the grafts himself...."

I wonder what the moderators have to say about that...

Edited by paleocapa89

• Administrators
I did suffer from post transplant depression, and I am still suffering from it on and off. And I do think a botched or a poorly planned transplant is worse than being bald. I think for a lot of people (including me) losing hair causes insecurities, and make them feel like an outsider while all their peers are enjoying their hair. Imagine how you'd feel if you end up with a bad result...

But even if you end up with a very good result I think it is still possible to feel insecure about yourself, wondering every time if anyone can see your transplant, and worrying that you are still losing hair.

I can only advise you to think it through rigorously, do extensive research on transplants in general and the doctors you are considering.

Once read that a person should only do a hair transplant if he can conduct Q&A sessions about it, and retrospectively I think that is best advice anyone could give.

Paleo man, I know you're feeling terrible, you're questioning everything, but you're feeling bad about having a bad result when the results hasn't matured yet, I would urge you to try and keep your mind occupied with other things, all is not lost even if you have a bad result, it's not the end of the world, I know it feels that way but it's not, I would recommend waiting until 6 months then if you're not happy scheduling an in person consult with a physician so they could thoroughly examine your donor area and current hairloss, at that point you can set up a long term plan. Worst case scenario you lost 2,500 lifetime grafts, assuming your donor is strong, you probably have another 4,000 grafts that could be implanted in a way that wouldn't look bad in the years to come, look up Sam B on YouTube, he was Norwood 6 completely he's gotten 3,700 grafts and it looks pretty good All is not lost.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I don't know how long you tried Propecia for but without it it looks like you're heading to lose a lot more hair. I've been on Avodart for 4 months and the early side effects have mostly gone. In a couple of months I'lll swap to Propecia and stay with that long term.

So far as dropping equipment and cursing, well mistakes happen - no big deal in itself. And sending them hundreds of photos sounds pretty OTT. It's still early days, I think the vigour of your criticism is premature.

i am terribly sorry to hear you did not like the clinic, hope your result turns out to be great.

i have some questions for your accusations and post.

1. Why did you take that miniaturization pic under very bright light?

although they told you you would need a second operation and advised less number of graft considering your family hair loss, you are saying they did not warn you? isn't that same thing to say you'r losing hair and YOU NEED SECOND SURGERY IN THE FUTURE? Even if your hair miniaturize, like in the pic, that I believe to give illusion and dramatize your post, I don't see what is doc has to with that?

How could you blame the forum and clinic for techs extracting although the clinic sent you detail of op? This is your decision because you knew how extraxtion would done.

You are claiming they wasted your many grafts with 2 grafts out of 2500? didn't they re-transplant them because it seems you took that pic in the middle of break? And right after op, there is no marked pics.

Sorry, pal, but i think you're over exaggerate your accusations.

i am not saying clinic 100 percent right, but here you are wrong by giving deceiving pic partial information.

Welcome to the forum, I see you just registered to attack me. Can someone check this guy's IP address, I have a feeling that this guy is somehow affiliated with Hakan Doganay.

I have read that Hakan Doganay's reps often use multiple accounts here and they often post from the same location

Please read my previous posts and you will find the answers to your questions. Other than that, I am not gonna spend time answering a rep's accusations.

Edited by paleocapa89

Another nail in the coffin with the words 'FUE is for everyone' written on the side of it.

Paleo,

It looks like they had problems extracting the grafts, got carried away and didn't attempt to distribute them evenly enough. Now your potential for having corrective FUT is severely diminished. I hope you get some decent growth.

Hard to know whether the clinic is to blame about the bacterial infection.

Had the FUE extraction been more successful the hairline would probably have been ok. The grafts weren't enough and needed to stretch further back towards the crown in order to future proof against further hair loss.

It's sad to see what they did because you could have had 3000-3500 grafts FUT that completely rebuilt the front half with stellar growth, proper angles and thoughtful graft distribution.

Too many people are sleepwalking into this type of surgery. Quick fix FUE.

All you can do is wait until the 12 month mark and then stake a claim for compensation (result dependent).

I'd suggests trying finasteride unless there is any compelling reason not to. A lot of people get no side effects. It could buy you some time so save for a future procedure.

There are some decent ethical guys out there at the lower end of the cost scale (eg Karadeniz, Saifi) or if you can hold out longer try to opt for a Coalition surgeon who really knows what they are doing.

Best of luck.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

No surprise to see you posting this Matt, you're probably rejoicing in your chair, first of all the result hasn't even been established not sure how that could be a "nail in the coffin" when you're basing the FUE procedure as a whole off of 4 months and one procedure, secondly, how do you know OP is ok with a scar from ear to ear for the rest of his life, thirdly, there is no guarantee in any surgical procedure, even the best FUT physicians have had poor results except with FUT you have a poor result plus a scar from ear to ear.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

to Xkos48

That is very unsettling, as I also had the procedure in aspendos and also the techs did most of the work..

Xkos48 you had your first procedure in 2013 September correct? And it was still carried out by techs? In that case I think you have been a victim of fraud since at that time the physician page of hairrestorationnetwork of Hakan Doganay's clearly stated that Dr Hakan Doganay extracts and implants the grafts himself. Check it out:

Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey it is from 2013.09.26

"... Dr. Doganay is very hands on and personally extracts and places all the grafts himself...."

I wonder what the moderators have to say about that...

that is one of the reasons i went to hakan doganay,because i thought he did all the work.

This seems to be happening too many times with this doc, it has a all too similar ring to my HT :-

The rushing about

Joking around

Tranporting techs to different clinics

A few second flick through the hair to see if ok (I spent 1.5 hours with Saifi before hand)

Poor donor work

Poor growth

Having said this 4 months is way too early to evaluate and you do have time on your side, you never know it could just work out for you.

As above I had a very similar situation to you but unfortunately in my case the supposed shock loss didn't work it self out so It was overharvesting by Doganay's techs.

I had very poor growth and of the 50% that did grow I'd say are misplaced grafts. I also had doubles in the hairline. I went back to Saifi who removed some of the grafts and replaced.

Keep us updated and I really hope it works out for you.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

No surprise to see you posting this Matt, you're probably rejoicing in your chair, first of all the result hasn't even been established not sure how that could be a "nail in the coffin" when you're basing the FUE procedure as a whole off of 4 months and one procedure, secondly, how do you know OP is ok with a scar from ear to ear for the rest of his life, thirdly, there is no guarantee in any surgical procedure, even the best FUT physicians have had poor results except with FUT you have a poor result plus a scar from ear to ear.

I don't need to see the result to tell that this is cr4p work. I'm shocked you would consider there is anything positive about it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

And just to be clear: it was not a two day procedure, it was in the afternoon of June 11 and in the morning of June 12 while other procedures were also taking place on those same days.

That makes it a 2 day procedure

• Administrators
I don't need to see the result to tell that this is cr4p work. I'm shocked you would consider there is anything positive about it.

Your bias for FUT is incredible, if this were an FUT Doctor you'd be shouting that it's only been 4 months to allow time, but since it's an FUE physician and procedure you're damning the procedure as a whole on one persons unfinished results. I prefer and try and help this guy out by looking at things from a better perspective rather than use his misery to push my pro FUT agenda, but that's just me.

View my thread

This has been an emotional and spirited thread. We indeed need MORE patients with the courage to step forward and publicize their results even and especially the bad ones. This thread really speaks to me. I too am currently in the thick of a mild/moderate case of post HT FUE depression. I'm now 2 1/2 months out of my FUE. Thus far I've not experienced a single positive result from my fateful and regretful decision to proceed with the FUE HT.

I too was not given a proper evaluation. No exam, no density check, no information about a 'post hair transplant regimen'. Not single discussion about Propecia or potential side effects, I didn't even find out about propecia in detail until AFTER the HT and I looked into on my own. The reality was It was more like, a credit card swipe, a quick signature of a single paper replete with legal mumbo jumbo and fine print, a quick free hand hair line drawn on and then we were under way.

I'll be detailing my experience including links to videos and pic at a later date. I really want to want until the results have had more time to mature before I let out the details of my experience.

Unfortunately I lack the writing skill to accurately articulate just how much my self image has been damaged or how much dejection I now feel since the HT. But let me say that I am indeed embarrassed about how naive I was and the fact that I allowed this to be done to myself when I was so woefully uninformed. It is my fault, I know that, but the Doctor is also culpable as well. I didn't realize the magnitude of what I was entering into only until after the fact. I was insecure, going through a mid life crisis, and made an impetuous and rash decision to just jump in and 'get my hair back' with this fantastic new innovation known as an FUE. If only I had known then what I know now.

It was presented to me as a simple relocation of hairs with an extremely small state of the art 'new' technological breakthrough that allows for very small punches machine and back to work in less than 3 days type of procedure. Looking back, what a load of BS. 3 days back to work my ass! You need weeks off after having this done. It was very uncomfortable and disfiguring.

Anymore, I'm not even really concerned about recipient hair growth or future hair loss and this time( I'm not taking Fin/propecia due to concerns over sides). I simply want my freaking recipient area skin to not look like a burn victim.....Scarred, red, discolored, bumpy cobblestone texture, hard cyst, acne, numb, ect..... It's a mess right now!

I just want the skin normalize. I have this conspicuous weird looking red line across my forehead demarcating the zone between normal scalp and marred recipient area. It's not cool and I despise that most of all!

So far my decision to follow through with the HT has only been a negative presence in my life. I am so self conscious (10x more now than prior to the HT). I won't leave the or go anywhere or do anything if I can't wear a ball cap. I don't want to be seen without a hat. I've cancelled numerous social invitations and engagements since the HT. I'm pretty much a hermit now, a social outcast.

The FUE and HT industry as a whole needs to take a good hard look at itself and the way even these 'coalition' or 'recommend' Doctors are conducting their business. Either leaving patients uniformed or worse yet misinformed. It should be the doctors ethical duty to diligently screen and weed out all unsuitable candidates. knowing what I know now, I realize the doctor likely should've stepped in and saved me from myself, I was not a good candidate for this FUE. My density was borderline too low, hair too fine, and I was profoundly misinformed (thanks to the Internet) and undereducated as to the seriousness what I was getting into and exactly how this was about to modify and negatively impact my life I was grossly ill-prepared!

So far I stand by my original position since the very first week after my HT, that is that this FUE has been a terrible mistake. One in which I regret and regretted everyday since.

Maybe I will grow to tolerate this HT FUE, I doubt I will ever grow to like it, but acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness of myself for what I have done is now my goal. Honestly, as of now on this day, I would give DOUBLE the money if only I could undo everything.

To the OP I hope you heal up ok in the long run, and just know that their are others out there who can empathize with what you are going through!

Free free to PM me OP if you need to ever just talk or get anything of your chest. I am indeed a sympathetic ear.

• Sad 1

That makes it a 2 day procedure

I meant it didn't take two days. It was two app. 4 hours long session carried out in two following days. But please don't get stuck up on the little things. There are more serious issues mentioned in this thread.

Okay, so its time for The Stig to chime in and provide he's two cents. Reading some of the earlier posts from Paleo, its clear that this guy is not stable and probably suffers from some sort of depression and/or anxiety. I really do feel for him, and hope he is seeking help from a psychologist or doctor. Based on what appears to be his current state, I don't think he is a suitable candidate for this type of elective surgery (even with a strong donor supply). Will have to give the Doctor the benefit of the doubt on this and that he did not detect this when he met with Paleo.

Secondly, I really feel strongly that the Doctor should have refused to perform surgery on this guy unless he either agreed to go on Fin or sign some sort of waiver form stating that he elects not to go on Fin and acknowledges that without Fin, the probability of future hair loss rises dramatically. I know many HT surgeons in the US will decline surgeries if certain patients headed to higher NWs don't go on Fin. I'm sorry, but the Doctor skirts the ethical line on this if he is not putting this down in writing. The Dr should not have touched this guys head without him doing one of the above plain and simple.

Thirdly, Paleo, dude you need to calm down mate and be rationale. As many folks have told you, its not the end of the world. If you want to shave your head, then shave your freakin head. C'mon man, seriously, ITS WAY TOO EARLY to call this a bad result. Wait another 6 months. In addition, you gotta show more evidence to substantiate your claims. Did you go see another surgeon to evaluate your donar capacity? If you can get an additional 4,000 grafts suplemented with SMP, I believe this may give you a decent result over the next couple of decades. Although some of what you are saying may be valid, I think you are overreacting and jumping to conclusions. Calm down and be cool, there are worse things that can happen here.

Dear Stig,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. In some parts I agree with you. I am heavily influenced emotionally, that is why I always tried my best to back up everything I claimed. Even if that is not your purpose, using my emotional state in your reasoning might insinuate to others that my claims are not valid because I suffer from depression and/or anxiety. I stand behind my claims

I should have never had a HT but not because - as you put it - I am not stable mentally. I should never had a HT because I am young with a high norwood level family, cant take propecia and - as I can see now - have advanced miniaturization in a norwood 5-6 area.

I arrived to the doctor with medium-long hair with a receded hairline to have my current hairloss evaluated and to check my eligibility for a hair transplant and he took a quick look at my head drew a hairline on my head and quoted me 2500 grafts.

He didn't check for donor density, donor supply, level of miniaturization, just confirmed I am good for a HT. How can you inform an uneducated patient without this information? How can you set up a gameplan for the future? You can't.

I admit that I was uneducated, but I think it was an unethical and / or a negligent thing to recommend me a hair transplant. I agree with you, no one should be a recommended a hair transplant if he is not on propecia or if he in not yet reached the final pattern of his hairloss. And even then only when the proper assessments are done, a gameplan is set up and the patient is fully informed.

Yes, when my hair started to grow back and I realized my true pattern of my hairloss I panicked and dug deep into research only to find out the ugly face of the truth and the position I am in and that really bummed me out. Having to suffer through months with a red, inflamed, bumpy recipient area really made me miserable and when I got no real help from the clinic I lost all my trust in them and reached out for help.

It took me 4 months to get to this point so I think I am not rushing into a decision. I told my concerns to the clinic and all I got was BS answers and evasion. I started to do heavy research about them and that's when I found all the ex-patients with similar problems and claims. That was when I decided to open this thread and come forward with my experience.

I have clearly stated that I will document my case up to 12 months so anyone can decide himself whether my results are good or bad. I might end up with a good result temporarily, but - as it is clear now - I will lose all my hair and don't have nearly enough donor to compensate for it.

Edited by paleocapa89

As Stig has touched on, I believe you need to be quite psychologically strong minded to undergo ANY type of surgery, especially one that takes up to 14 months for results.

Is it the doctors job to evaluate your mental health to make sure you are not going to be a shrieking, panicking wreck post HT? I don't think it is.