WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

I don't know, everything has it's risks. The trauma of losing his hair in a few years with a fake island of hair at the front may be enough to make him wish he'd risked a few boner issues. I have to admit since taking Avodart over the past 4 months my old chap has been slouching a little compared to its former glories (TMI perhaps, haha). I'm hoping Propecia will be less impactful on the downstairs department when I switch to it in a couple of months. I'm not about to give up the hair medication though, nooo way.

I have taken propecia orally and topically. the topical version I took in my early 30's and I had no sexual side effects. but the oral version gave me sexual dysfunction. I am on neither right now and am following a very strict anti inflammatory diet and am not experiencing any hair loss and my hair is looking a lot thicker that last few months. even my donor area has gotten thicker.

I have been there- being with a beautiful girl for the first time and not being able to get an erection. its a dreaded feeling. I don't wish that on anyone. its a very tough decision cause I love love love having hair. but at the end of the day, my penis wins. it usually wins. lol

not to derail the thread but I take 3,000 mgs fish oil a day. 2000 mg of vitamin C a day split into equal doses taken 12 hours apart and 600 mgs of NAC. I really feel the the vitamin c and NAC have helped a lot in my case

ah ok. from this pic your point comes across very clearly, you should have posted that earlier

I see a lot of people questioning me, and telling me I should have been aware of my own hairloss. I think many people spent so much time on these forums and researching HT-s that they forgot what it is like to be simply just young, uneducated, confused and depressed about hairloss.

I just want to show you my preop picture that I sent to Dr Doganay before the procedure. I Some of you may say that I clearly had thin hair, but I always had thin hair and I wasn't aware how bad the situation is. Whether you believe me or not. Notice that I am even standing under light.

I truly believe that when you visit a professional who makes a living out of treating hair, it should be their responsibility to carefully assess and inform every patient. It is not evident for everybody that they are indeed way down the road.

5500c81a150a1-IMG_0059.jpg

• Administrators
I have taken propecia orally and topically. the topical version I took in my early 30's and I had no sexual side effects. but the oral version gave me sexual dysfunction. I am on neither right now and am following a very strict anti inflammatory diet and am not experiencing any hair loss and my hair is looking a lot thicker that last few months. even my donor area has gotten thicker.

I have been there- being with a beautiful girl for the first time and not being able to get an erection. its a dreaded feeling. I don't wish that on anyone. its a very tough decision cause I love love love having hair. but at the end of the day, my penis wins. it usually wins. lol

not to derail the thread but I take 3,000 mgs fish oil a day. 2000 mg of vitamin C a day split into equal doses taken 12 hours apart and 600 mgs of NAC. I really feel the the vitamin c and NAC have helped a lot in my case

I experienced ED with finasteride when I was 21 didn't even know it was the meds I just took it without looking up the sides, typical 21 year old move, I visited the dr and told him I was on fin he told me the list of sides I was freaked out lucky it wasn't permanent, then in my mid 20's I took dutasteride cause I was desperate, I didn't experience ED but I had retrograde ejaculation, it was the weirdest thing ever, I love hair but I pick my penis every time over hair, do you mind PM'ng me your diet?

But on a side note, paleo why don't you at least try the meds at a very low dose every other day? I started off on proscar cut in to 1.25mg if you buy propecia you can cut them in half and take 0.5mg it might not give you sides, if you get them stop taking it simple as that. I don't take it because I personally get sides, but you may not get sides, at the very least you should be on lipogaine and regenpure shampoo.. The before picture you posted is the biggest reason why in encourage every guy to shave their head before deciding to have surgery, one to see if they could accept looking bald, and two shaving your head really shows your hairloss especially once it's growing back, there's no layering effect anymore and it will reveal your true hairloss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am on lipogaine and regenepure. The reason why I am not willing to risk propecia is becuase I was on saw palmetto and I got ED and there is nothing more depressing than having a flaccid snake in your hand trying to make it come alive when there is a beautiful girl under you. Was it psychological or physiological? Who knows but it did take some time to be able to get rid off the sides and I figured propecia would be the same or even worse and I am not willing to take the risk again and maybe stay that way for good. And I clearly articulated this to Dr Doganay.

I was thinking about trying topical fin, but then I read that it goes systemic and works basically the same way as the oral version..

The before picture you posted is the biggest reason why in encourage every guy to shave their head before deciding to have surgery, one to see if they could accept looking bald, and two shaving your head really shows your hairloss especially once it's growing back, there's no layering effect anymore and it will reveal your true hairloss.

I couldn't agree with you more. With both statements. And longer hair can indeed conceal your true hairloss situation. I believe that is why it is essential to check for miniaturization and donor capacity before any procedure. It is not that hard you just take a look at the patient's scalp with a special magnification tool. I think recommending HT and placing a hairline without this information is pure negligence.

Edited by paleocapa89

There's not as much literature of efficacy yet, but LLLT is a potentially effective maintenance tool. Not at the level of propecia, but no risks and gaining some credibility in the journals. Not a perfect solution, and expensive, but with PRP maybe (hopefully) long term substitutes. Could throw latisse in that mix too. Hjack over.

• Administrators
I am on lipogaine and regenepure. The reason why I am not willing to risk propecia is becuase I was on saw palmetto and I got ED and there is nothing more depressing than having a flaccid snake in your hand trying to make it come alive when there is a beautiful girl under you. Was it psychological or physiological? Who knows but it did take some time to be able to get rid off the sides and I figured propecia would be the same or even worse and I am not willing to take the risk again and maybe stay that way for good. And I clearly articulated this to Dr Doganay.

I was thinking about trying topical fin, but then I read that it goes systemic and works basically the same way as the oral version..

I couldn't agree with you more. With both statements. And longer hair can indeed conceal your true hairloss situation. I believe that is why it is essential to check for miniaturization and donor capacity before any procedure. It is not that hard you just take a look at the patient's scalp with a special magnification tool. I think recommending HT and placing a hairline without this information is pure negligence.

Topical fin I'm not sure its efficacy but it will give you systematic effects just like RU58841, but less likely and you can tweak the ml and how often you take it, unfortunately what's done has been done, best thing for you to do is map out a long term plan, speak to a good reputable physician and figure out something long term, given your limited donor and high Norwood, they may need to remove some grafts in your current hairline (if they grow) and rebuild a more mature hairline, are you willing to try SMP and body hair for the crown? These might be viable options, I was pretty much in your shoes, but even worse cause most of minituarized hair had fallen out prior to surgery, and I have a limited donor, you can still make it work you just have to be resourceful and make no more mistakes, I was lucky that my first surgeon was ethical and placed 1,800 grafts an inch behind the hairline I had so my midscalp was addressed, now I went ahead and filled in my existing hairline knowing the risks, now for my lateral humps I will attempt another 800 grafts risking slight donor depletion to make sure I don't get an island of hair, and the crown will be SMP and body hair just for coverage. I'll probably do smp to the donor area as well so I could keep my sides shaved at a zero without the depletion being too obvious.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The reason why I am not willing to risk propecia is becuase I was on saw palmetto and I got ED and there is nothing more depressing than having a flaccid snake in your hand trying to make it come alive when there is a beautiful girl under you. Was it psychological or physiological?

Dude, if you go bald, there won't be beautiful girl under you, so it is a mute point anyway. My snake is dependent on my hair to attract the beautiful woman. Without hair I am afraid my snake has no work.

Dude, if you go bald, there won't be beautiful girl under you, so it is a mute point anyway. My snake is dependent on my hair to attract the beautiful woman. Without hair I am afraid my snake has no work.

Well isnt that the point of surgery? Sure its progressive, but I'd rather have multiple ops over lifetime vs the risk. And give yourself some credit---surely your personality is helping you sack some ass too :)

Well isnt that the point of surgery? Sure its progressive, but I'd rather have multiple ops over lifetime vs the risk. And give yourself some credit---surely your personality is helping you sack some ass too :)

It is, but very few folks have the donor capacity available to cover a full head if one advanced to the highest NW. Some folks may make it barely if they have a good long-term plan/surgeon. Forget about the fact that 2,500 grafts were placed in such a small area for Paleo, if he does in fact have a below average donor supply of grafts (lets say 4,500 gratfs), then he only has 2,000, maybe more to cover the rest of his head. If he does advance to the highest NW, then surgeries won't be sufficient to follow the loss, and he is still going to have bald patches. Thats why I don't believe Doganey should have agreed to operate on him without him agreeing to get on medication.

I agree personality is important, but hot women are atttracted to good looking guys first and formost. You need both eventually, but I am afraid a good personality without good looks won't help much. Women can say what they want, but deep down they all know it's the truth. Now if you were an ugly chap with lots of money, then completely different story!!!

I was wondering why Dr. Doganay is not doing the extraction and only do part of the implantation nowadays as his rep put it "since he got famous" Why doesn't he have the time if they are doing only 1-2 procedures a day as he stated? He supposedly did the same amount of procedures by himself before "he got famous" Where does he have to go? Where is he when the techs are doing the extraction?

It bothered me that I remembered that I was told that Dr Doganay is doing more than 2 procedures a day in 2 locations. And other posters also remembered two locations, but Dr Doganay was denying it and stated they only have one location and he only does 1 or 2 procedures a day. So I researched.

I think I may have found a possible explanation.

It seems Dr Doganay is also involved in another clinic that is positioned to Russian patients. Here is it's website: FUETUR

Russian knowledge or google translate is required but the site says that:

the founder of the clinic Dr. Hakan Doganay

"Head of our clinic - Dr. Hakan Doganay."

The website also states this:"Our clinic hair transplant is in Antalya, on the basis of a major medical association Anadolu, which includes seven general hospitals. Hair transplant center has its own building, where the sterile operating theaters, patient wards for accommodation, rooms for consultations and other medical procedures."

location: Havaalanı Bulvarı, G?zeloba Mahallesi, Sevin? Sokak, No: 9, Muratpaşa, Antalya

So this location is definitely not the same where I had my procedure and what is stated in Dr Doganay's other website which is positioned for the English speaking patients: AHD Clinic | Hakan DOGANAY | Our Clinic

WELCOME TO OUR CLINIC | Hakan Doganay Hair Transplant Turkey

This english website clearly states that their location is: OFM Hospital

Y?kseliş Dist. Mehmet Akif Street. Dokuma No:96 Kepez / ANTALYA

Now does that mean that Dr Doganay is having multiple procedures in two different locations? Maybe. I admit it is not irrefutable evidence. But it would explain why Dr Doganay is using techs and disappearing during extraction. I am not stating that this is infact what is happening but on the site and on the social media sites it is stated:

Who does the hair transplantation?

"All transplantation in our clinic are conducted by experienced certified doctors transplant Dr. Hakan Doganay, Dr. Ayhan Colak, Dr. Ozgur Deniz Sucu. Together with a team of doctors medical assistants specially trained.”

https://www.facebook.com/fuetur.ru/timeline

[/url]

https://twitter.com/fuetur

Furthermore the site is showcasing some of Dr Doganay's results as well:

Patient 1

FUETUR1

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174418-dr-hakan-doganay-3108-grafts-after-12-months-fue.html

Patient 2

FUETUR2

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173616-dr-hakan-doganay-4424-grafts-after-18-months-fue.html

Patient 3

FUETUR3

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176141-dr-hakan-doganay-3404-grafts-15-months-choi-implanter-pen-fue.html

Patient 4

FUETUR4

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171405-dr-hakan-doganay-3900-grafts-fue.html

I don't know what all of this means and why they said they only have one location, when Dr Doganay seems to be involved in 2 clinics and 2 locations. Maybe Dr Doganay is having multiple procedures, maybe he is not, maybe he is using techs and disappearing to just manage his other clinic. But this does not increase transparency at all.

Edited by paleocapa89

As much as I would normally sympathise with a patient I'm afraid paleo's going for the jugular form the off -set has slightly pissed me off, If it were me I would have waited for at least 6 months before getting so anxious, in my opinion there is more than his hair -loss situation going on here, everyone one knows a result cannot be evaluated until the minimum 12 month mark, if he is destined to be a Norwood 5-6,which he states he is, as long as he has enough donor to cover the hair-line and mid-scalp which he probably has, that's the reality for high Norwoods, i think he should stop his whining, he is not the only one in this situation ,too much passing the buck here and quite vindictive

I was wondering why Dr. Doganay is not doing the extraction and only do part of the implantation nowadays as his rep put it "since he got famous" Why doesn't he have the time if they are doing only 1-2 procedures a day as he stated? He supposedly did the same amount of procedures by himself before "he got famous" Where does he have to go? Where is he when the techs are doing the extraction?

It bothered me that I remembered that I was told that Dr Doganay is doing more than 2 procedures a day in 2 locations. And other posters also remembered two locations, but Dr Doganay was denying it and stated they only have one location and he only does 1 or 2 procedures a day. So I researched.

It seems Dr Doganay is also involved in another clinic that is positioned to Russian patients. Here is it's website: FUETUR

The website also states this:"Our clinic hair transplant is in Antalya, on the basis of a major medical association Anadolu, which includes seven general hospitals. Hair transplant center has its own building, where the sterile operating theaters, patient wards for accommodation, rooms for consultations and other medical procedures."

location: Havaalanı Bulvarı, G?zeloba Mahallesi, Sevin? Sokak, No: 9, Muratpaşa, Antalya

So this location is definitely not the same where I had my procedure and what is stated in Dr Doganay's other website which is positioned for the English speaking patients: AHD Clinic | Hakan DOGANAY | Our Clinic

Now does that mean that Dr Doganay is having multiple procedures in two different locations? Maybe. I admit it is not irrefutable evidence. But it would explain why Dr Doganay is using techs and disappearing during extraction. I am not stating that this is infact what is happening but on the site and on the social media sites it is stated:

"All transplantation in our clinic are conducted by experienced certified doctors transplant Dr. Hakan Doganay, Dr. Ayhan Colak, Dr. Ozgur Deniz Sucu. Together with a team of doctors medical assistants specially trained.”

Patient 1

FUETUR1

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174418-dr-hakan-doganay-3108-grafts-after-12-months-fue.html

Patient 2

FUETUR2

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173616-dr-hakan-doganay-4424-grafts-after-18-months-fue.html

Patient 3

FUETUR3

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176141-dr-hakan-doganay-3404-grafts-15-months-choi-implanter-pen-fue.html

Patient 4

FUETUR4

is the same as:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171405-dr-hakan-doganay-3900-grafts-fue.html

I don't know what all of this means maybe Dr Doganay is having multiple procedures, maybe he is not, maybe he is using techs and disappearing to just manage his other clinic. But this does not increase transparency at all.

The dirt keeps on coming. Paleo, if I ever need to hire a private investigator, I am coming staright to you my friend!

• Thanks 1

First, this is super impressive digging. Wow.

Also, this is extremely damning for Dr. Doganay. I mean, honestly, the whole bundle of issues here--the leaving some incision to techs, the shill posters, the blatantly contradictory statements emanating from the clinics and its official rep, and now Doganay's apparent involvement--unbeknownst to Bill or anyone else on the forum--it beggars belief.

• Thanks 1

this entire thread is troubling to read .. wow what an experience paleo went thru.. i hope some good comes out of it .. if this forum has any credibility, it should intervene and be transparent with its findings and results..

I had a HT in April 2014 with Dr Hakan and i am happy with my results let me say firstly.

The technicians did 95% of the extractions and i would say 75% implants on the scalp with the Dr only doing the hair line and some scalp. He did disappear as others have mentioned and intermittently returned to check on progress to which i knew he had a new chair in the next room within the hospital to do 2 or possibly more surgeries in the day.

From my experince i could not say if he left the hospital or not but can only confirm that techs do indeed the vast amount of the HT.

Well I would like to informed you that since Dr. being perform Hair Transplant surgery extraction was performing by head nurse implantation was only perform by himself however Dr. had been decided to trained his assistance to perform implantation with him since increased number of patient also He wasn't warm to increase price that he still want to keep the price same ( 2 euros per each grafts and 2.5 euros per each grafts for beard )

We used to have an agreement with OFM Hospital located in KEPEZ/ANTALYA If you still remember properly you had consultation in this hospital.

After that LARA ANADOLU Hospital came with better offers to the Doctor base on their agreement we moved to ANADOLU HOSPITAL... The time you came for consultation we were still working with OFM Hospital In 1 month we moved to LARA ANADOLU HOSPITAL Now we are more comfortable with this Hospital.

I want to correct you ( avoiding to say that you are lying) but simply Doctor Hakan do 2 patient per day in One location I don't know where did you get that he doing it 2 patient in different location there should be someone in your head to letting you say this....

The aim of your research is make forum members confuse like since you were all the time..

Since you had your consultation in OFM Hospital why did't you ask me any question regarding to that we changed Hospital with LARA ANADOLU becasue If you still remember properly that your operation performed in LARA ANADOLU Hospital

You should think clear my friend

As you knew since doctor Hakan got famous that one of the reason you choose him therefore there are also so many agents want to work with him so I don't know what is writing there since I don't speak russian but we also agreement with some agent which is normal for making business. They send us russian patient for Dr. HAKAN and For Dr. Ayhan ?olak ( Some other former patients know that Dr. Ayhan has been working with Doctor Hakan for 4 years now he has his own Clinic you can google him.

Dr. Ozg?r he is a plastic surgeon that He is working with LARA ANADOLU Hospital He been also doing Hair Transplant... What is wrong with that I did not understand ?

As you mentioned they are working as agent so they are bringing patients to the ANADOLU Hospitals. There are 7 ANADOLU hospital in ANTALYA small details Most likely they have Russian and Germans patients.

I have been already informed to our web designer to change address with LARA HOSPITAL

Russian Agent is advertising several doctors in their web site so what is wrong with that If you pointing that is a corruption you are totally wrong since beginning.

[/url]

Patient 1

FUETUR1

is the same as:

Patient 2

FUETUR2

is the same as:

Patient 3

FUETUR3

is the same as:

Patient 4

FUETUR4

is the same as:

I don't know what all of this means and why they said they only have one location, when Dr Doganay seems to be involved in 2 clinics and 2 locations. Maybe Dr Doganay is having multiple procedures, maybe he is not, maybe he is using techs and disappearing to just manage his other clinic. But this does not increase transparency at all.

As I mentioned above the aim of your thread to attacked our clinic with giving false information.

About our former patient we had been already sent our report to the Bill

Dear Bill Our request is can you please take action as soon as possible since this person have been attacked to Doctor Hakan His thread is made us as a victim of paleo.

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Lots of this conjecture is interesting - but it is just that: conjecture. For me, there are two things I'd be concerned about which are fairly objective and uncontested.

1) The doctor doesn't make all the incisions for the grafts. In this case, at least a third weren't done by the doctor. Yes, it's fairly routine for extracting and even placing grafts to be done by techs - but with the implanter pens, that's actually making the incision not just placing the grafts. The angle, depth, spread etc of those incisions are going to play a major part in the final result.

2) Informed consent. This is clearly a greyer area. But for my money, if you're having surgery for cosmetic reasons, then the possibility of requiring further surgeries; the possibility of having insufficient grafts to achieve a good 'non balding' cosmetic result down the road; discussing a suitable hairline for the long term etc. These are all things that should be discussed with the patient - and the onus is on the doctor to inform the patient before they give consent (maybe not legally in Turkey - I don't know - but certainly ethically). Sure, patients should do their research, but in no other field of medicine would we expect the patient to be the expert on possible surgical outcomes/complications. I don't expect cosmetic surgery to be any different.

Although this is only my second post, I have been an avid reader of this forum for the past 2 years. The reason for my lack of input is that I was digesting other’s experiences, while deep down feeling I had nothing valuable in terms of advice to offer.

I want to thank Paleocapa for his doggedness in following through with this issue. I think most people (myself included) may not have spent this amount of time and energy.

In my opinion, a professional has both a morale and ethical obligation to do what is in the best interest of their patient/client. The conduct of this clinic is ‘way off-side’.

I have a procedure date set with Dr. Hakan Doganay on December 24, 2015. I have had more than a few recent email communications with Muslum. His answers seem more like justification of their actions, with no apparent consideration to look at this issue from the patient’s perspective. Statements such as “Dr. had been decided to trained his assistance to perform implantation with him due to increased number of patient also He wasn't warm to increase price that he still want to keep the price same ( 2 euros per each grafts and 2.5 euros per each grafts for beard )”.

So their rationale is that ‘we can substitute skill sets at will as we see fit - to keep the price down’. This is not a commodity we are acquiring.

Subsequently, Muslum did offer that Dr. Doganay would do all of my implantation. I have a feeling they will just short change me somewhere else and justify it ‘because we want to keep the price the same”.

Obviously, I will not be appearing at Dr. Dogany’s office(s) on December 24th. Paleocapa thank you and I sincerely hope everything works out for you.

good to hear, then you don't have to chase anyone for the return of your $$ - any reputable doctor or clinic booking a procedure date with a patient normally requires a deposit to hold the date - but it seems this doctor's office does not seem to do things the routine way!

Well I would like to informed you that since Dr. being perform Hair Transplant surgery extraction was performing by head nurse implantation was only perform by himself however Dr. had been decided to trained his assistance to perform implantation with him since increased number of patient also He wasn't warm to increase price that he still want to keep the price same ( 2 euros per each grafts and 2.5 euros per each grafts for beard )

Alright, maybe you are just often changing locations and that's what people interpreted as multiple locations, Maybe you and your agents are using multiple websites and multiple names to advertise the same service. There are still some statements which I find strange. Did Dr Doganay ever performed the extraction himself? You are stating that the head nurse was doing it since he is performing HT. Then later you changed the procedure and it wasn't even the head nurse anymore but an ordinary nurse.

You said that Dr Doganay was always performing 1 max 2 procedures a day. You also said that "since Dr Doganay got famous" the demand increased but he didn't want to increase the prices. But it seems that he did increase the volumen that is why he is utilizing more and more techs in the procedure. If he did the same amount of work himself, maybe he'd be booked for several months ahead but he would not need the extra amount of technicians doing major part of the procedure. Where is he disappearing while the nurses do the extraction? So it just doesn't add up for me: He is still doing the same amount of procedures but hired techs to do it?

This is for Bill and the forum operators:

You state that you carefully review the recommended physicians based on several predetermined criteria. One of these criteria is:

"Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts to achieve a completely natural appearance"

Based on your own code, I think it should not be accepted that a technician is doing part of the implantation. Or was she reviewed as well?

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians.asp

Edited by paleocapa89