WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

Thedude07,

I appreciate you chiming in and sharing your experience. But, what you have to understand is that the community is suspicious of brand-new posters coming online to praise a doctor. Especially when that particular doctor has already been accused of creating fake accounts and praising themselves. While you are not required to do so, if you are indeed genuine, would you be willing to identify yourself to me privately and then sending me some regular photos of yourself so I can see if it matches the hair pictures that you presented? If you can do that, then there will be no doubt that you are genuine. If you can't, then, I guess people will draw their own conclusions.

I don't typically ask patients to do this, it's just that this clinic has been called into question about the possibility of creating fake accounts, hence the title of this particular topic.

Best wishes,

Bill

Why is it any positive feedback of the clinic is always seen as suspect or fake,

but negative as the gospel truth.

The reason this thread is getting so much attention is because Dr Doganay is a popular surgeon plain and simple and its got nothing to do with Paleo’s polite.

I think there's a lot of ex patients who are feeling uncomfortable about the way Dr Doganay is being targeted by Paleo they are coming to this forum to highlight there positive experiences I don't see anything wrong with that..

No one is denying that there can be satisfied expatients. Although their sudden appearance is a little bit suspicious.

Although I can't speak of the quality of the pre-op assessment of the expatients it seem at least there were no quality issues with the outcome when Dr Doganay was doing all the procedure in the past.

However the positive feedback (whether its true or fake) will not make my statements false. Neither about the lack of my assessment nor about the fact that currently the techs are doing most of the procedure, even the implantation, which clearly led to quality issues in the present.

• Administrators

What seems suspicious is that all of the sudden these accounts are created and literally the first post are on this thread in defense of a doctor or to highlight the doctors results, doesn't that seem strange? Swooping who is a legit patient already created a thread highlighting his results, he's been inquisitive but not defensive, he also has his own thread he didn't create an account to post his results on someone else's thread, in light of the recent discoveries this is odd to say the least.

It's disheartening I had actually considered this clinic at the top of my list in FUE, what's more sad is that I still believe the doctor is good, but something along the way completely fell off, the exchange for quantity over quality seems apparent. Unfortunately, in this business quality is everything, when you're dealing with finite grafts it's imperative you get it right the first time. Keeping a skilled team is also important, but if different technicians are being used every surgery where is the consistency? These are things that should be demanded of a hair restoration clinic that is recommended on this site.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Guys relax! I just wanted to share my story with Dr. Doganay. As u all know having a hair transplant will not help you keep your hair healthy all your life. So I am researching for the new treatments coming out lately! This is not the only website I am registered with. As I mentioned in my previous post, I did not create my account here to reply your post.

Anyways It is totally up to you if you believe or not. To be honest I am not willing to discuss with all of you. I do not have time for it :) I just wanted to cheer you up because I really think that it is too early to be dissapointed. I hope everything will be good for you!

I uploaded one of my current photos for you. I hope you will be happy with your results soon.

Htsoon: Thank you for reminding me that was past tense and I should have written ' I wanted him to be my doctor'. :)) I am not gonna try to make you believe me bro :) You already dont just because I did not notice a little grammer mistake in my previous post :)

Kind Regards

Do you really think we are that stupid?

Dear forum users,

We read and can understand the concerns here. After a hair transplantation (HT), being patient is important, and waiting for the full result is not an easy process. We, therefore, understand the pressure on patients, as we do for Mr. paleocapa89. However, after all concerns, we must respond publicly.

To Mr. paleocapa89

We see that you attack our clinic deliberately, and also demoralize our former patients on the forum. You also give some false information here. When we read first, we thought that you forgot some information about your process before/after the operation from our clinic, but after seeing your further explanations, we believe that your only goal is attacking us, not getting help or advice from the forum community.

Did paleocapa89 not know his thinning?

First, you kept claiming several times that you did not know your hair thinning before the operation, and you were uneducated. And if you were told, you would have canceled the procedure.

You claimed this several times here, and we quote one of them:

"And no, I did not notice the diffuse thinning but you know that better as well don't you. I went in not to get my hairline reconstructed, but to GET MY HAIR LOSS EVALUATED AND GET INFORMATION ABOUT MY ELIGIBILITY FOR A HAIR TRANSPLANT. Do you think I would have done a procedure if I was aware of my thinning? Do you think I would have want 2500 grafts put in the front if I was aware of it or I was told about the ongoing thinning? No I would not."

However, you visited another clinic before coming us and the doctor in this clinic told you your thinning as we informed you before the operation.

Now, we quote your email you sent us on May 7, 2015 before the operation:

"by the way I wanted to share you some information, and also ask some things.

I visited a hair transplant clinic here in my home country to ask a doctor to be my post-op control doctor after I had the surgery with you, so I do not have to fly back and forth to Antalya after the procedure.

She examined my hair and told me I have an exceptionally good donor are but my vertex is also starting to thin. So she recommended me a procedure with 4000 hair to my hairline and 2000 to the top of my head (they use hairs as a measure not grafts) which is more or less the same 2300 grafts Dr. Hakan Doganay recommended to me. She also recommended to have the surgery divided into 2 days to minimize the time the grafts stays out of the body and get better results."

Your email on May 7, 2015 shows that you visited another clinic for a face to face consultation before coming us, and they told you your hair thinning as we did when you visit our clinic in May and JUNE. You also mentioned in other emails that this local doctor gave you further details about PRP, splitting the FUE operation different days etc.

Even after visiting your local clinic, and learning your thinning, It is hard to understand why you claim here that you didn't know your thinning.

Additionally, you mentioned in your email that you contacted other clinics and got estimation for your potential HT before coming us. Also, you mentioned that you were researching heavily to learn about splitting the FUE operation days.These show that you did your research and even visited a clinic for a face to face consultation before you visited to our clinic. Your claims conflict with these information.

Did we rush paleocapa89's operation?

You stated on your post here that you wanted to split the operation into 2 different days since we rushed the operation. We quote your post here:

"Yes, I asked you to split the procedure to two days, because I already felt rushed with every aspect of the procedure. And you did split it to two days."

What you wrote here is not true. In your emails before the operation, you mentioned that you want to split the operation in two different days after talking to your local clinic and doing your research.

We quote your emails you sent us on May 8, 2015, before coming in our clinic:

"Also, I have been researching heavily on the subject whether to have a single large session FUE done one day or to split it up to two consecutive day surgeries."

"After thorough consideration, I would like to take the given possibility and have the procedure spread over two days."

Your email on May 9, 2015 before coming in our clinic:

"Then I am going to fly back to Antalya on the 10th of June, rest, have the first half of the procedure on the 11th and then the second half of the procedure on the 12th of June."

Did we inform Mr. paleocapa89 about his hairloss?

You also kept stating that we were unethical since we did not mention about your hairloss,

After visiting your local clinic and getting estimations from other clinics, you also wanted to visit our clinic for a face to face consultation on May 26th. In this visit, we explained you every details of the operation. We even clearly mentioned that if you want you can wait a couple of more years for a hair transplantation since you are still 26. We also clearly mentioned that until 29, you may lose your native hair and need a second operation. If you remember our representative Muslum, he spent hours with you and explained you everything. We want to believe that you forgot these details, and then claimed here that we did not inform you.

Did we evaluate Mr. Paleocapa89's donor?

You also claimed that we did not evaluate your donor area. This is not true. We are expert in hair transplantation, and have been evaluating donor areas for years. As we do for all of our patients, we evaluated you donor area as well and saw that your donor supply was enough for a hair transplantation as your local clinic told you. We evaluated your donor and receiving areas in our clinic, and draw lines on both of these areas. Please check the donor area pictures below.

donor3_zpsrjgqvrsa.png

donor2_zpsepjvem4j.png

Is the hairline low? Were we conservative with number of grafts for Mr. Paleocapa89 considering his age?

While drawing the hairline, we talk to patients and ask them how they want their hairline. The first 2 pictures of hairline you posted here shows the hairline from the first consultation on May 26. We were conservative with the number of grafts due to your age and a potential second operation in the future. We therefore brought up the hairline on the surgery day after talking to you to save some grafts for the future. It is hard to believe that you still blame us for not being conservative for the long term. We posted both of the pictures from May 26 (the day you came for a face to face consultation) and the one from the operation day.

Also, You emailed us on April 13, 2015 that you got graft estimation from another clinic and they advised 4200 grafts. We replied you that around 2500 grafts should be enough, but the exact number will be decided when you are in our clinic. Also, we advised you to get graft estimation from other top clinics. Additionally, after you came in our clinic on May 26th, you emailed us that you wonder whether you should go even more than 2500 grafts, and we emailed you back that you should also think for future hairloss. Even these show that we were conservative with the number of the grafts.

Also, splitting your 2500 graft operation in two days and being conservative with number of grafts show that we are not interested at all in scaling up our operation and transplant as many grafts as in little time as you claimed on your post.

Hair line created in the first consultation on May 26

before2_zpsvetuzbqs.png

before3_zpso3azz2tk.png

Hair line created Before Operation on June 11-12 (Hairline brought up to save grafts for his potential second operation)

operbefore1_zpsbw96qdzz.png

operbefore2_zpsluufvizd.png

Is the claim of Mr. Paleocapa89 about our patients true?

Also, Mr. Paleocapa89 claimed that there is no happy patient from our clinic. It seems that he did research on the forum to find our patients, and even he emailed them privately. It is most likely that when he searched the forum to find our patients, he also saw our patients who are happy with the result. It is hard to understand why he claims that there is no happy patient from our clinic.

We quote Mr. Paleocapa89's statement under one of our former patients:

"There were basically no thread of happy Doganay patients just results posted by the clinic. Until recently, when happy expatients started to pop up to defend the clinic. If you truly feel you owe the clinic and want to defend them, the best you can do is prove unquestionably that you are in no ways affiliated with the clinic."

We just collected some of recent patients' results below posted/updated by patients, and there are more on the forum posted in 2014 and 2013.

We want to believe that Mr. Paleocapa89 forgot all these details above and then he claimed these false information. His result seems normal for this stage. As we do for all of our patients to give a better service, we will keep monitoring his progress, and stand behind our work.

TO COMMUNITY

Do we have constantly failed results in the recent years?

As you know, hair transplantation is an operation and giving 100% guarantee for these operations is not possible since there are different parameters that can affect the result such as whether a patient look after the transplanted grafts and follow the instructions, patient expectations, a clinic did the operation successfully etc. Therefore, like any clinic in the world, we cannot give a 100% guarantee for the result from an operation. The important question here is how a clinic treats its patients. Even if giving a guarantee for an HT result is not possible, we give a guarantee that we support our patients, monitor their progress, stand behind our work, and try to do our best for them.

Our experiences in more than a decade (since 2002) show that when patients are happy with their results, most of them move on and do not post their result publicly. Usually, compared to the satisfied patients, unsatisfied patients are more likely to share their experience to get help.

When it comes to the paleocapa89's collected results from the forums, they are from the last 3 years: 2013, 2014, and 2015. We do 1 or 2 operations 6 days in a week. This means that it is more than 1000 patients. Here we have 13 example above and some of them are satisfied with the results overall. Additionally, these patients including many others on the forum know and mentioned how we care our patients, support them and monitor their progress after the surgery. Of course, each one of these cases are very important for us, and we do not underestimate these cases even if 13 out of the number of patients in the last 3 years seems a small percentage. We have been in contact with these patients and supported them by doing our best. Also, some of these patients are satisfied with the results. For instance, gimmefiction, BluEMoOn satisfied over all as they stated.

Especially since the beginning of 2015, we are receiving very good results. Here we quote one of our patients' statement from 22 October, 2015:

"First I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing, absolutely beautiful work that your team has done to bring from a Norwood 7 to almost a complete head of hair.

I went to many top doctors in the US and Canada before coming to Turkey and they all told me that I should just shave my head and hair transplant is NOT an option for me, and it was the excellent team at AHD that helped me get very close to the results I wanted.

I think we are very close to making history here, and turning back a complete Norwood 7 to a really nice result."

This patient told us that he is documenting all of the pictures in high definition and will create a hair restoration blog to post on forums publicly after his 4rd surgery at our clinic in December . We transplanted more than 11,000 grafts from scalp, and beard in 3 different operations, and will extract more grafts from his chest in the 4rd operation in December, 2015.

We have many more these kind of emails from our former patients mentioning their happiness.

Also, we had a look at the forum and collected, in addition to paleocapa89's posts, some of our former patients' cases posted/updated by patients in the last 1 year:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178374-hakan-doganay-2835-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179507-dr-hakan-doganay-fue-2230-grafts.html

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177863-16th-december-2014-dr-hakan-doganay-2500-grafts-fue-3.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179224-4700-fue-dr-hakan-doganay.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178085-dr-hakan-doganay-4290-grafts-over-2-days-13-01-15-14-01-15-jan.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181399-one-year-transplant-surgery.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180359-6-months-post-op-dr-hakan-doganay.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174821-4th-january-2014-dr-hakan-doganay-3950-grafts-fue.html

You can find more results posted by patients on the forum.

Additionally, some of our former patients gave us their permission to post their results, and we add some of these cases posted/updated in the last 1 year:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180897-dr-hakan-doganay-1550-grafts-6-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181045-dr-hakan-doganay-1700-grafts-7-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179517-dr-hakan-doganay-1434-grafts-9-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180035-dr-hakan-doganay-3000-grafts-8-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180596-dr-hakan-doganay-3050-grafts-6-9-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180687-dr-hakan-doganay-2075-grafts-7-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179601-dr-hakan-doganay-5445-grafts-2000-beard-12-months-implanter-pen-fue.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179293-ll-update-dr-hakan-doganay-3500-grafts-8-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177904-dr-hakan-doganay-2740-grafts-15-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177389-dr-hakan-doganay-3296-grafts-1110-2186-repair-15-months-implanter-pen-fue.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177692-ll-update-dr-hakan-doganay-2178-grafts-8-months-fue.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178034-dr-hakan-doganay-3875-grafts-10-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178693-dr-hakan-doganay-1502-grafts-16-months-fue-implanter-pen.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178118-dr-hakan-doganay-4500-grafts-10-months-implanter-pen-fue.html

You can find more results on the forum.

In addition, we will update some cases and post new results very soon.

Do we inform our patients before/after the operation?

Our operation process are publicly available on our website: Our methods

We give operation details and answer all the questions of a patient before the operation. After the operation, we send and email to our patients to let them know that we will support them, monitor their progress, and ask them to update us with the progress.

Overall, from our patients' feedback, we proudly say that we give a top quality service to our patients, and keep creating natural satisfied results. if there is any unsatisfied result, we keep supporting this patient, try to do our best, and stand behind our work.

We will post/update several recent results very soon that our results can speak themselves, and the community can decide whether we create world class results.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by DrHakanDOGANAY

Nope, with all due respect Dr Dogany, you haven't addressed the concerns regarding the techs performng most/all of the surgery including making the incisions. In addition, you haven't addressed the potential fake posters, especially the ones who just happened to live in the same house.

Sorry Bill, I don't think the Dr addressed our concerns here at all

Guys relax! I just wanted to share my story with Dr. Doganay. As u all know having a hair transplant will not help you keep your hair healthy all your life. So I am researching for the new treatments coming out lately! This is not the only website I am registered with. As I mentioned in my previous post, I did not create my account here to reply your post.

Anyways It is totally up to you if you believe or not. To be honest I am not willing to discuss with all of you. I do not have time for it :) I just wanted to cheer you up because I really think that it is too early to be dissapointed. I hope everything will be good for you!

I uploaded one of my current photos for you. I hope you will be happy with your results soon.

Htsoon: Thank you for reminding me that was past tense and I should have written ' I wanted him to be my doctor'. :)) I am not gonna try to make you believe me bro :) You already dont just because I did not notice a little grammer mistake in my previous post :)

Kind Regards

Dr Dogany, is this guy legitimate?

• Administrators

Why did nurses perform the extractions? And why did differrent technicians perform swooping's as opposed to paleo? Also, did the technicians implant the hair with the choi implanter? Overall these are the most concerning things as potential patients the community needs consistency, and from what's been presented by paleo and swooping it does not seem consistent.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dear Dr Hakan Doganay, as I see you are cherry-picking some arguments that you state you have counterarguments to but in reality you are often bending the truth to fit your story.

To Mr. paleocapa89

We see that you attack our clinic deliberately, and also demoralize our former patients on the forum. You also give some false information here. When we read first, we thought that you forgot some information about your process before/after the operation from our clinic, but after seeing your further explanations, we believe that your only goal is attacking us, not getting help or advice from the forum community.

I didn't want to attack your clinic and clearly I didn't want to take our dispute to the forum at first. I repeatedly asked you questions over email which you always evaded. Can you answer them now? I have no benefit in doing this but it seemed the only option to pull some answers out of you.

Did paleocapa89 not know his thinning?

First, you kept claiming several times that you did not know your hair thinning before the operation, and you were uneducated. And if you were told, you would have canceled the procedure.

You claimed this several times here, and we quote one of them:

"And no, I did not notice the diffuse thinning but you know that better as well don't you. I went in not to get my hairline reconstructed, but to GET MY HAIR LOSS EVALUATED AND GET INFORMATION ABOUT MY ELIGIBILITY FOR A HAIR TRANSPLANT. Do you think I would have done a procedure if I was aware of my thinning? Do you think I would have want 2500 grafts put in the front if I was aware of it or I was told about the ongoing thinning? No I would not."

However, you visited another clinic before coming us and the doctor in this clinic told you your thinning as we informed you before the operation.

Now, we quote your email you sent us on May 7, 2015 before the operation:

"by the way I wanted to share you some information, and also ask some things.

I visited a hair transplant clinic here in my home country to ask a doctor to be my post-op control doctor after I had the surgery with you, so I do not have to fly back and forth to Antalya after the procedure.

She examined my hair and told me I have an exceptionally good donor are but my vertex is also starting to thin. So she recommended me a procedure with 4000 hair to my hairline and 2000 to the top of my head (they use hairs as a measure not grafts) which is more or less the same 2300 grafts Dr. Hakan Doganay recommended to me. She also recommended to have the surgery divided into 2 days to minimize the time the grafts stays out of the body and get better results."

Your email on May 7, 2015 shows that you visited another clinic for a face to face consultation before coming us, and they told you your hair thinning as we did when you visit our clinic in May and JUNE. You also mentioned in other emails that this local doctor gave you further details about PRP, splitting the FUE operation different days etc.

Even after visiting your local clinic, and learning your thinning, It is hard to understand why you claim here that you didn't know your thinning.

Additionally, you mentioned in your email that you contacted other clinics and got estimation for your potential HT before coming us. Also, you mentioned that you were researching heavily to learn about splitting the FUE operation days.These show that you did your research and even visited a clinic for a face to face consultation before you visited to our clinic. Your claims conflict with these information.

Yes I did some research before I chose you but obviously not enough, otherwise I would have never chosen a place where technicians do most of the procedure. To be precise I have read Swooping's thread where he explained why he split his procedure to two and I thought it made sense, so I opted for it as well. He had amazing results, so I thought if I do exactly the same, maybe I'll have good results as well. I know I was naive. His good results are probably from Dr Doganay doing all the procedure.

Yes I also visited briefly another HT doc in my area who I discovered, were fired a few weeks later by the way so I didn't really give credit for her. She took a quick look at my head and quoted me a number of hairs and said some of them should be put in the vertex to "future proof it". To think about it retrospectively, you are right, it was her way of warning me for some thinning, I should have listened to her more carefully. I admit that.

Anyway, I wasn't really interested in her opinion as she was not an IAHRS or a recommended surgeon and she was fired sometimes later. Digging up an old email to show that I didn't need to be told and I should have been fully aware of the severity of my current hairloss and miniaturization pattern because some other HT doc wanted to put some grafts to my vertex is a weak defense. The fact that you went all the trouble to dig up in long email thread what an other doc told me only shows me that you have no other argument against the fact that you didn't assess and inform me properly. Do you know what would have been an acceptable counter argument? For example this: We did all the necessary examination, we checked you for the miniaturization pattern and your donor capacity and informed you about it. This clearly didn't happen.

I was interested in your opinion and your opinion only, since I was paying you. I visited your clinic so you could check my eligibility for a hair transplant, And no, you did not say anything about any ongoing thinning. You took a quick look at my hair and quoted me a number of grafts. Please answer this question that I asked you many times:

Given that I am very young, I have aggressive hairloss, both my father and my brother is a Norwood 5-6 (I even showed pictures about them) and I don't take propecia due to sides, what made me a good candidate for a hair transplant?

Given that you never measured for donor density, donor capacity, miniaturization pattern etc, How could you inform me properly about my current hairloss situation and how could you responsibly quote me 2500 grafts to the front? How could you come up with a proper game plan? Can you tell me howmany grafts I have left? You are always evading these questions.

Just to show you the severity of my future hairloss and why I am mad:

2015-08-07%25252011.27.26%252520m%2525C3%2525A1solata.jpg

2015-09-14%25252010.44.20_v2.jpg

Did we rush paleocapa89's operation?

You stated on your post here that you wanted to split the operation into 2 different days since we rushed the operation. We quote your post here:

"Yes, I asked you to split the procedure to two days, because I already felt rushed with every aspect of the procedure. And you did split it to two days."

What you wrote here is not true. In your emails before the operation, you mentioned that you want to split the operation in two different days after talking to your local clinic and doing your research.

We quote your emails you sent us on May 8, 2015, before coming in our clinic:

"Also, I have been researching heavily on the subject whether to have a single large session FUE done one day or to split it up to two consecutive day surgeries."

"After thorough consideration, I would like to take the given possibility and have the procedure spread over two days."

Your email on May 9, 2015 before coming in our clinic:

"Then I am going to fly back to Antalya on the 10th of June, rest, have the first half of the procedure on the 11th and then the second half of the procedure on the 12th of June."

As I said I wanted to split the procedure into two because I was inspired by Swooping's thread and he did that. That does not mean I didn't feel rushed. I could only see Dr Hakan Doganay for very little time before the procedure and I did feel rushed because of that. Even on the day of the surgery you came to me and asked to do the procedure in one day, which I didn't understand because we already agreed to split it.

Did we inform Mr. paleocapa89 about his hairloss?

You also kept stating that we were unethical since we did not mention about your hairloss,

After visiting your local clinic and getting estimations from other clinics, you also wanted to visit our clinic for a face to face consultation on May 26th. In this visit, we explained you every details of the operation. We even clearly mentioned that if you want you can wait a couple of more years for a hair transplantation since you are still 26. We also clearly mentioned that until 29, you may lose your native hair and need a second operation. If you remember our representative Muslum, he spent hours with you and explained you everything. We want to believe that you forgot these details, and then claimed here that we did not inform you.

This is just not true. Yes, I have talked to Muslum since I could barely see Dr Hakan Doganay and even when I got to see him it was only for a couple of minutes. Muslum told me all the usual sales stuff like how his life changed after his hair transplant, how good it is that he does not need to take propecia, anymore and how Dr Doganay is a top quality doctor, on the top of the world with very few other doctors and how everybody is satisfied with him.

Did you warn me to put off the operation, to take propecia for a couple of years to see how my hairloss reacts to it? No you didn't. In fact you told me that Propecia is not necessary. Did you warn me to put off the operation to see how my hairloss develops until I am 29? No you didn't.

Did we evaluate Mr. Paleocapa89's donor?

You also claimed that we did not evaluate your donor area. This is not true. We are expert in hair transplantation, and have been evaluating donor areas for years. As we do for all of our patients, we evaluated you donor area as well and saw that your donor supply was enough for a hair transplantation as your local clinic told you. We evaluated your donor and receiving areas in our clinic, and draw lines on both of these areas. Please check the donor area pictures below.

donor3_zpsrjgqvrsa.png

donor2_zpsepjvem4j.png

I never said you did not take a quick look at my head. Yes you did, but please answer this: How did you evaluate it exactly? Given that you never measured for donor density, donor diameter, donor capacity, miniaturization pattern etc, how could you responsibly quote me 2500 grafts to the front? And how could you place the hairline where you placed it? You are always evading these questions.

Just a quick question: Call me paranoid, but looking at my donor I suspect that maybe more grafts were taken, could you please share howmany were taken exactly? (singels, doubles, multis) and what was the transection rate?

4after%252520%2525286%252529.JPG

4after%252520%2525285%252529.JPG

This picture was taken after the second day so some of the extraction sites from the previous day have already disappeared right?

Is the hairline low? Were we conservative with number of grafts for Mr. Paleocapa89 considering his age?

While drawing the hairline, we talk to patients and ask them how they want their hairline. The first 2 pictures of hairline you posted here shows the hairline from the first consultation on May 26. We were conservative with the number of grafts due to your age and a potential second operation in the future. We therefore brought up the hairline on the surgery day after talking to you to save some grafts for the future. It is hard to believe that you still blame us for not being conservative for the long term. We posted both of the pictures from May 26 (the day you came for a face to face consultation) and the one from the operation day.

Also, You emailed us on April 13, 2015 that you got graft estimation from another clinic and they advised 4200 grafts. We replied you that around 2500 grafts should be enough, but the exact number will be decided when you are in our clinic. Also, we advised you to get graft estimation from other top clinics. Additionally, after you came in our clinic on May 26th, you emailed us that you wonder whether you should go even more than 2500 grafts, and we emailed you back that you should also think for future hairloss. Even these show that we were conservative with the number of the grafts.

Also, splitting your 2500 graft operation in two days and being conservative with number of grafts show that we are not interested at all in scaling up our operation and transplant as many grafts as in little time as you claimed on your post.

Hair line created in the first consultation on May 26

before2_zpsvetuzbqs.png

before3_zpso3azz2tk.png

Hair line created Before Operation on June 11-12 (Hairline brought up to save grafts for his potential second operation)

operbefore1_zpsbw96qdzz.png

operbefore2_zpsluufvizd.png

Let's walk though the process how my hairline was created exactly. When I sent you my pictures over the internet you quoted me 2200 grafts. Then I visited your clinic in May and you without the proper evaluation drew a low hairline on my head and quoted me 3000 grafts. Then I asked you to go down in the number of grafts because I don't have enough money for 3000 grafts and you pulled up the hairline and quoted 2500 grafts. Then I went home and wondered whether I would get a better result with more grafts since that was the first thing you quoted me and maybe I should not cut corners on the procedure. Then we agreed in 2500 grafts. I want to emphasize here that if you properly assessed my hairloss you probably would not have quoted me 3000 grafts to the hairline! That is just insane! If I was properly warned about the current state of my hairloss I would have never wondered whether I should have 3000 grafts put to the front. I was wondering since that was the first recommendation of Dr Hakan Doganay and I was not informed about the severity of my ongoing hairloss. Let me remind you how low your first recommendation was:

2015-05-26%25252012.38.15.jpg

2015-05-26%25252012.36.25-2.jpg

Then on the day of the operation (still no assessment of donor density, diameter, capacity, miniaturization pattern etc) Dr Hakan Doganay drew a low and uneven hairline on my head and I was almost sent to the operating room but at the last minute his assistant Muslum interfered and told him to pull my hairline up because it was too low Then I had literally just a few minutes to examine my 'last minute' hairline and was sent to the operating room.

So it is not true you pulled my hairline up because you wanted to save grafts, you pulled it up first because I couldn't pay for 3000 grafts and you pulled it up just before the operation a little bit further because the REPRESENTATIVE interfered and told the doctor it was too low and it didn't suit me. And to my surprise, pulling up my hairline last minute cost me exactly the same amount of grafts (2500) then before so by pulling it up you didn't save me any grafts for the "future hairloss" as you state it.

Do we inform our patients before/after the operation?

Our operation process are publicly available on our website: Our methods

We give operation details and answer all the questions of a patient before the operation. After the operation, we send and email to our patients to let them know that we will support them, monitor their progress, and ask them to update us with the progress.

Yes you have a website that was constantly changing in the past few years. At first it stated that Dr Hakan Doganay did all the extraction and the implantation, then it stated that the head nurse does the extraction than it stated the technicians do the extraction and the head nurse does part of the implantation then it stated that technicians do the extraction and they also help with the implantation.

When I was researching your clinic I was reading an earlier version of the website that stated that Dr Doganay does the implantation exclusively. When Xkos48 had his procedure few years ago the websites clearly stated that Dr Doganay does all the work (extraction and implantation) but the technicians did most of the work and he got a very poor result. I have no doubt that Dr Doganay is able to create great results but it seems that nowadays you are using different techs for each procedure for both extraction and implantation and that hits the consistency of the quality immensely.

Anyone can check the different versions of the websites (own website, IAHRS page, hairrestorationnetwork physicians page) here:

https://archive.org/web/

Edited by paleocapa89

Dear Hair Restoration’s Folk

After long consideration I had decided to go ahead and Clarify what had been told to our patient during consultation… First off all I would like to introduce myself my name is Muslum YILMAZ I am working for Dr. Hakan DOGANAY and I am former patient of Dr. Hakan DOGANAY my position in the AHD Clinic is I am representing Dr. Hakan DOGANAY also I am in charge to coordinate all necessary steps for procedures… I don’t want to go so deep about my relation with AHD CLINIC but I would say I have too much responsibility in the AHD Clinic.

Let’s clarify what had been told to our patient during consultation this patient decide to come for a face to face consultation before his planned operation date… I met him in the OFM Hospital where we were performing Hair Transplant Operation anyway I told him to wait in the cafeteria because at that time Dr. Hakan was in another consultation I went and sit with him I order tea for him and for me after that I introduce myself I told him Dr. Hakan DOGANAY can’t speak eng and I am going to represent doctor Also I will be your translator as well. He was a little bit nervous but I was trying to make him relax before the consultation after a while we start to talk about his case He was asking questions and I was answering (As I am represent Dr. Hakan I had so much experience about doctor’s consultation) If I go for list all question that he asked I can’t finish this write up and people will get boring… Anyway I would like to talk about what he informed about his future hair loss before he met with Dr. Hakan ( he was planning to lower his hairline also mentioned in his e-mail) I asked his age he said 26 I told him I was 29 when I did my operation with doctor Hakan I gave him information about my case especially I said to him I had a good hair when I was 26 I was only lose my hair on hair line and a little bit crown ( I never even thought about Hair Transplant) in 2 years suddenly I lose too much hairs my point was to tell him you will be the same so you shouldn’t go and lower your hairline I can understand that you want to lower your hairline ( He was unhappy with his current appearance like his life change so badly) I asked him to go for only 1000 or 1300 grafts for only covering temples point… I also informed him his donor area was not strong enough for future hair loss but he was not admit maybe he wasn't believe what I told him anyway after that I asked him about his father he showed me his father’s pictures he was bold I didn’t meant he will be like him but I meant he might be like him soon therefore I told him have medication especially he should take finasteride…. He wasn't still admitted his case and he didn’t want to take medication….. This conversion took 2 hours I checked Dr. Hakan he was at consultation with another patient Finally we get into the room he met with Doctor Hakan I asked him to explain his expectation to the Doctor He said he wants to lower his hairline therefore we gave him mirror and pen ask him to point us his hairline where would be started and he point 2,5 cm lowered from current hair line. I and Doctor get looked at each other….. After that Dr. Hakan draw his hairline where he was point after that I was informed that he would need more than 3000 grafts but I told him we can bring his hairline up for saving 1000 grafts for future….I informed to the doctor I already discuss about his future hair loss with him and doctor also informed him about his future hair loss… I translated it again He was so happy with hairline he was looking mirror and taking plenty pictures Anyway after the consultation I send him to the airport I told him again he has to think and search more about his case Because I wasn’t really feel comfortable with this patient I was hoping this patient will change his mind but It didn’t happened after 2 weeks he send 5000 euros to our account because he wanted to confirmed the operation …. This is only consultation part I have to write up after consultation, during operation and after operation….

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

After long consideration I had decided to go ahead and Clarify what had been told to our patient during consultation… First off all I would like to introduce myself my name is Muslum YILMAZ I am working for Dr. Hakan DOGANAY and I am former patient of Dr. Hakan DOGANAY my position in the AHD Clinic is I am representing Dr. Hakan DOGANAY also I am in charge to coordinate all necessary steps for procedures… I don’t want to go so deep about my relation with AHD CLINIC but I would say I have too much responsibility in the AHD Clinic.

Let’s clarify what had been told to our patient during consultation this patient decide to come for a face to face consultation before his planned operation date… I met him in the OFM Hospital where we were performing Hair Transplant Operation anyway I told him to wait in the cafeteria because at that time Dr. Hakan was in another consultation I went and sit with him I order tea for him and for me after that I introduce myself I told him Dr. Hakan DOGANAY can’t speak eng and I am going to represent doctor Also I will be your translator as well. He was a little bit nervous but I was trying to make him relax before the consultation after a while we start to talk about his case He was asking questions and I was answering (As I am represent Dr. Hakan I had so much experience about doctor’s consultation) If I go for list all question that he asked I can’t finish this write up and people will get boring… Anyway I would like to talk about what he informed about his future hair loss before he met with Dr. Hakan ( he was planning to lower his hairline also mentioned in his e-mail) I asked his age he said 26 I told him I was 29 when I did my operation with doctor Hakan I gave him information about my case especially I said to him I had a good hair when I was 26 I was only lose my hair on hair line and a little bit crown ( I never even thought about Hair Transplant) in 2 years suddenly I lose too much hairs my point was to tell him you will be the same so you shouldn’t go and lower your hairline I can understand that you want to lower your hairline ( He was unhappy with his current appearance like his life change so badly) I asked him to go for only 1000 or 1300 grafts for only covering temples point… I also informed him his donor area was not strong enough for future hair loss but he was not admit maybe he wasn't believe what I told him anyway after that I asked him about his father he showed me his father’s pictures he was bold I didn’t meant he will be like him but I meant he might be like him soon therefore I told him have medication especially he should take finasteride…. He wasn't still admitted his case and he didn’t want to take medication….. This conversion took 2 hours I checked Dr. Hakan he was at consultation with another patient Finally we get into the room he met with Doctor Hakan I asked him to explain his expectation to the Doctor He said he wants to lower his hairline therefore we gave him mirror and pen ask him to point us his hairline where would be started and he point 2,5 cm lowered from current hair line. I and Doctor get looked at each other….. After that Dr. Hakan draw his hairline where he was point after that I was informed that he would need more than 3000 grafts but I told him we can bring his hairline up for saving 1000 grafts for future….I informed to the doctor I already discuss about his future hair loss with him and doctor also informed him about his future hair loss… I translated it again He was so happy with hairline he was looking mirror and taking plenty pictures Anyway after the consultation I send him to the airport I told him again he has to think and search more about his case Because I wasn’t really feel comfortable with this patient I was hoping this patient will change his mind but It didn’t happened after 2 weeks he send 5000 euros to our account because he wanted to confirmed the operation …. This is only consultation part I have to write up after consultation, during operation and after operation….

This is pure bullshit what you have just written Muslum and you know that. You never told me to go for just 1000-1300 grafts You didn't advise me to take medication either, I told you I don't take it due to sides and when I asked you whether you have to take it after the procedure you told me, no you don't have to you just take some biotin.

I also informed him his donor area was not strong enough for future hair loss

Are you f.in kidding me? In your previous post you said that Dr Doganay checked my donor and it was good, (although by checking you mean Dr Doganay took a quick look at it) then now you are claiming that you told me my donor was weak? This is a simply a lie.

You told doctor Doganay that you already discussed the possibility of future hairloss and that's why I don't need to be evaluated? Are you kidding me? Yes we talked about potential future hairloss due to my family history, that does not mean my CURRENT hair loss and miniaturization pattern does not need to be checked.

And I never wanted to lower my hairline not even where it used to be and I told you I have a naturally high forehead, I even told you that I know my original hairline is not achievable: I showed you and Dr Doganay a bunch of pictures of how my hair used to be before and how my dad and my brother lost his hair and when you asked what I wanted I said this exactly: I just want something to better frame my face, you are the doctor, you have the experience, what do you recommend? I also wrote this in my online consultation form which I sent you the first time.

Anyway after the consultation I send him to the airport I told him again he has to think and search more about his case Because I wasn’t really feel comfortable with this patient I was hoping this patient will change his mind but It didn’t happened after 2 weeks he send 5000 euros to our account because he wanted to confirmed the operation ….

No you did not tell me to think it through again, in fact you told me that I have to transfer the money fast so it arrives at least 10 days before the procedure.

You are trying to make me look like I had all the information and you were warning me and trying to protect me and you had a bad feeling about this since the first day you met me and I just insisted and you couldn't do anything.

Edited by paleocapa89

Two questions for you, 1) How is it remotely ethical to agree to perform a procedure on a 26 year old advancing to a high NW who does not agree to go on Fin? In fact, if you were worried about this guy and his extra low hairline that he proposed, then why didn't you just decline to perform a procedure on him at all?

2) does the doctor or technitions or both make the incision sites?

Edited by Stig

This is from my online consultation form which I sent you the first place:

" I am 26 years old male suffering hairloss since I was 17-18 years old. Sadly this is common thing in my family. My main problem area is my hairline which has receded visibly. Since I have a larger than average forehead my main goal is to lower my hairline and fill in my temples to a level, so my face gets a frame again. I have realistic expectations, I do not think my original hairline is achievable, but I want to improve the situation."

Two questions for you, 1) How is it remotely ethical to agree to perform a procedure on a 26 year old advancing to a high NW who does not agree to go on Fin? In fact, if you were worried about this guy and his extra low hairline that he proposed, then why didn't you just decline to perform a procedure on him at all?

2) does the doctor or technitions or both make the incision sites?

Stig

Thanks for brought these questions in nice way

1) Can you please address me any kind of doctor will not accept this patient even he had been informed about his future hair loss to the face during consultation and the patient admitted and signed a patient from that he been informed additional procedures required in future. I told him already about my story I recommended him to wait at least 2 years more anyway He is not a kid he was aware about his case and he did all researched..

I can't push him to not do this operation also I didn't push him to do it as well...

Also I recommended him to relax and wait for full result while we having dinner in restaurant many things I told him to be optimistic about everything.

I didn't tell him he has bad donor I told him his donor is not enough for covering all his head If he going to be like his father therefore I addressed him to take medication. If you were what would you do if you informed about your case clearly..? I think he is pointing that we didn't measure his donor capacity with caliper that't is true but what about doctor's experience why he didn't send an e-mail after consultation that the way doctor did consultation was not convince him ?

2- 1st day Doctor Hakan did his local anesthetic after that he placed the single grafts on his hair line by himself and implanted nearly 65 percent .2nd day same orientation carryout because 1st day his half of head done.

Also I want to swooping explain what he had been told terms of doctor hakan accept do all implantation by himself.

By the way Stig I am still encourage people on the forum to post their experience and pictures I have been doing this since 2015 you checked them they all happy so far these are only the you guy see what if there are more than patient don't want to share.they are happy.. We also admitted that we have poor result coming from 2013-2014 we did refund for all of them.. our opinion it is not enough to do only refund we also asked them to come for free surgery as they had been bad experience they don't want to come.

On the other hand I had experience some patient wants to take advance of this refund we kindly asking them to come to the clinic for check up... or wait for one year result.

We knew there are famous clinic in turkey they using technicians for surgery ( extraction and implantation) and they are recommended some of them are more expensive.

But from this thread we learnt a lost of good thing but in the main time we also getting disappointing about some forum members just spending time on the internet and they don't respect what is going on here they just split out words without filtering .

We still want to make people happy here however we should be more professional about our work.

If my English not understandable in writing I would willing to call If you drop your phone number.

Thanks

75067_800x600_DSC_3899.JPG.535b12e3084844ae6394e5ffe79c3d7c.JPG

75063_800x600_DSC_3902.JPG.97a116a398a11f8f03e3f9c00ad990d7.JPG

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Please don't beat around the bush Muslum. At the end of the day these are the facts:

- talking to a sales rep about potential future hairloss can not substitute the proper assessment made by a doctor and there was no proper assessment of my donor capacity, density, diameter, miniaturization pattern etc.

- you recommended me the procedure and placed the hairline without this information,

- the extraction was carried out entirely by nurses

- the implantation with the implanter pen (which means creating recipient sites and placing the grafts as well) was only partially done by Dr Hakan Doganay

- the nurse who did the other part of the implantation not only placed grafts behind my hairline but into my left temple as well which is a crucial part of the hairline

Sorry to bombard you with questions Muslum, but it sounds like from what you are saying that the Dr made all (100%) of the recipient sites over the two days....is that correct?

No problem FUE2014 Dr. Made nearly 65 percent of his recipient area over two days.

Extracting performed by FATMA for paleo I have an other technician name Şerife also performing extracting.

Since Dr Hakan DOGANAY become famous extracting have been performing by experienced technicians

No problem FUE2014 Dr. Made nearly 65 percent of his recipient area over two days.

Extracting performed by FATMA for paleo I have an other technician name Şerife also performing extracting.

Since Dr Hakan DOGANAY become famous extracting have been performing by experienced technicians

So here is what it boils down to:

1. Dr. Doganay does not extract grafts.

2. Dr. Doganay does not implant grafts.

3. Dr. Doganay made a little over half of the recipient slits.

I do not this this community should recommend a clinic in which the doctor is so minimally involved in the surgery. It is inexcusable that Dr. Doganay is not involved in extraction and does not create all of the recipient slits.

Further, there has still been no response from Dr. Doganay or his representative about the highly suspect user accounts, which is pretty damning.

I think it's time for the community to move on.

Whoops--I see now that Dr. Doganay has responded on another thread about the fake user issue. Frankly, it's a total non-response that doesn't substantively address these accounts. I stand by my opinion above.

Dr. Made nearly 65 percent of his recipient area over two days.

I've read enough. The admission of Dr. Doganay's own representative that Dr. Doganay allowed a non-physician to wield the choi implanter pen to do more than a third of the recipient site creations (and, by necessity, graft implantations) for paleo's case, is damning. Also, the doctor's rep does not dispute paleo's charge that this non-physician even created recipient sites for at least part of the patient's frontal temporal work.

The rep says that Dr. Doganay no longer does extractions since he "got famous" -- thanks in no small measure, I would surmise, to the promotional activities of the clinic and its visibility on this very forum. Apparently, the doctor is now too famous and too busy to actually perform hair transplantation. He has relegated all the FUE extraction work to technicians and now it seems he can't even be bothered to carry out the most critical aspect of hair transplantation in terms of artistic, cosmetic, and natural result -- the creation of the recipient sites for the transplanted grafts.

IMO, this forum ought not recommend initially, or continue to recommend ANY hair transplant physician that allows ANY non-physician to create recipient sites for a hair transplant. Whether blades, needles, or implanter pens are used, and whether the grafts were harvested by strip or by FUE, a line that should not be crossed, IMO, is having non-physicians create recipient sites, i.e. performing hair transplantation surgery. That is the work of the surgeon, the person who's name is on the door and whose work is the basis of recommendation here and the basis for members and visitors to choose the surgeon for their hair restoration surgery. Once even that surgical task is relegated to non-physicians for the sake of expediency and upping the head count, the work is no longer the surgeon's -- it is the work of anonymous, replaceable-without-notice technicians and other non-physician employees performing surgical cosmetic procedures.

I also tend to give more credence to paleo's account of the other issues he raises because his account seems more plausible in the context of what we know.

Perhaps Dr. Doganay has become a victim of his own early success, but it seems clear that his has become a technician/nurse-led hair transplantation practice and FUE hair mill, or at least is well on its way there.

I agree with Pup's post. There is clearly a vital and valuable role for technicians, and while a few doctors perform implantations themselves, I think there is no problem with relegating techs to that role. It preserves all of the surgical and artistic steps for the doctor. However, under Dr. Doganay's protocol, it's difficult to credibly claim that a surgery performed at his clinic is his work at all. This forum must stand for and demand more.

Edited by win200
edited for punctuation

Thank you for clarifying. I don't think any doctor that doesn't perform 100% of the incisions himself should be recommended on this forum. Furthermore, if Dr Doganay decides to change his practice and goes back to performing all the incisions hilself, I think he should have to produce consistent high quality results over a period of time using the revised approach to get back his recommendation.

Bill, no disrespect to you, but I think you have failed the community by not being aware of the fact that the Dr switched his approach regarding extractions and incisions. Once doctors are recommended, you may want to consider having some sort of process in place to make it mandatory for clinics to inform you everytime they change their practices, and then the onus should fall on you to evaluate whether those changes may impact the recommendation. You shouldn't have had to rely on a forum member bringing this to light. Just my opinion, but Paalo was indeed done a huge disservice. I feel bad for other patients too that may not have been aware of this.

Stig

Thanks for brought these questions in nice way

1) Can you please address me any kind of doctor will not accept this patient even he had been informed about his future hair loss to the face during consultation and the patient admitted and signed a patient from that he been informed additional procedures required in future. I told him already about my story I recommended him to wait at least 2 years more anyway He is not a kid he was aware about his case and he did all researched..

I can't push him to not do this operation also I didn't push him to do it as well...

Thanks

Thank you for your response sir. Yes, I absolutely believe that any ethical and smart surgeon should turn away a patient like Paolo when he comes in with such an unrealistic expectation, is 26, advancing to a higher NW, and refuses to go on Fin. When I met with a rep from H&W he was telling me how he had to turn away 75% of his consults in that week because they had unreasonable expecations, were too young and wouldn't go on Propecia. Now he may have just been bullsh@#ing me, but I read all the time that the top surgeons are selective in evaluating candidates for surgery. Can you share this patient form with us? I think if a patient doesn't go on medication, there should be an extra consent form he should be required to fill out, I really do.

Yes they did make me sign a form as I recall just before the procedure. It is easy to point to a paper that says "everything was explained". But I can only repeat myself:

- talking to a sales rep about potential future hair loss given my family history can not substitute the proper assessment made by a doctor and there was no proper assessment of my donor capacity, density, diameter, miniaturization pattern etc. How could I be considered fully informed if these assessments were never made? I didn't even know about the crucial role of these types of assessments at that time, so of course I didn't find it strange that they were never carried out.

- they recommended me the procedure and placed the hairline without this crucial information. and with the knowledge that I don't take propecia. Here is the consent that was given to me on the day of the operation.

20151104_150520%252520%2525282%252529.jpg